pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 111.
#2951 3 years ago

I drove 45 minutes to play this game yesterday. Wow!!! That’s my statement. I’m driving back today to play again. The machine is on another level. It was sitting next to other new LE games and even my kids asked, who know nothing about pinball, why was GNR made so much better? The quality that JJP puts out is second to none. The gameplay is a little overwhelming but I’m sure it’s only because I don’t know the rules. I got a few multi balls and don’t really know why. At one point I thought it just gave me one for starting a game. It shoots just fine. It’s not a slow game. If you get the opportunity to buy this game, I’m sure you will learn the rules in no time. Until then the sensory overload you get for playing it is INTENSE! The lights are crazy during a song, plus you have to keep looking up at the screen, the little screen on the Playfield, keep track of your ball(s), all while a light show is blowing up in your face! I just wanted to keep playing. I get some people like a toned down game but for me, this one is a home run!

#2952 3 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/hupchallenge

Streaming GNR LE Live rightttttt meow, if you are on the fence, this game looks amazing.

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Streaming GNR LE Live rightttttt meow, if you are on the fence, this game looks amazing.

Painful watching those people play.

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Sorry the stream is hard to hear the game. Can’t watch it.

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from edwood40:

... I don’t know the rules. I got a few multi balls and don’t really know why

only "a few" ??? well, you must not be a great player !?

(read this on the joking side)

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

are you sure ???

awful,

I saw them talking about can we add pin stadiums to the the game and the girl said whats the worse that can happen too much light?

#2959 3 years ago

Finally !!! Thank you JJP !

8F724115-46E3-4D44-8D36-2CC0AB1A3DE0 (resized).jpeg8F724115-46E3-4D44-8D36-2CC0AB1A3DE0 (resized).jpeg
#2960 3 years ago

are you sure ???

I agree not the best one, but better as the hupchallenge

Surly we need more quality streams.

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Finally !!! Thank you JJP !
[quoted image]

It works well. I’d like to see a notification on the screen when you power up and new software is available. Anyone know if it does that?

#2962 3 years ago

Well lets just hope JJP has the playfield issues resolved, only time will tell.
Nice looking pin, but not the flow and so many multiballs i was looking for.
Maybe time will change my mind, but a pass for me atm.

#2963 3 years ago

I was curious to know if the GNR 27" monitor, is hooked up via HDMI or DVI cable?

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I was curious to know if the GNR 27" monitor, is hooked up via HDMI or DVI cable?

Manual lists part "19-100041-08 - 8ft HDMI Cable" in the back panel assembly.

#2965 3 years ago

Here’s my thing..... I hear about emersion, the light show , sound ect ect

I’m not hearing that game play is outstanding, shot is incredible and so forth

Not saying that the others are not important but I have never bought a game based on a cool light show

I really want to live this game so hoping it will take me over the top when I play

It needs to be better than MMR as that’s what’s on the chopping block

#2966 3 years ago

What will be the fastest way right now to get an LE? Distributor or direct through JJP site?

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not saying that the others are not important but I have never bought a game based on a cool light show
I really want to live this game so hoping it will take me over the top when I play

Game play is Outstanding and shots are Incredible. Now your set!

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What will be the fastest way right now to get an LE? Distributor or direct through JJP site?

Call KingPinGames in WI and your game is as good as there. Good Luck

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

If we're only talking layout and shots, I think a completely plain whitewood GnR vs MMR, I'd choose the MMR.

However, if I had a MMR that I could sell to cover part of the costs of a GnR, the ad would be up and I'd be hauling it out asap.

It's not a great flow game, but it's not a clunker. It's fun, and when you compare the total package, it's fantastic.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

If we're only talking layout and shots, I think a completely plain whitewood GnR vs MMR, I'd choose the MMR.
However, if I had a MMR that I could sell to cover part of the costs of a GnR, the ad would be up and I'd be hauling it out asap.
It's not a great flow game, but it's not a clunker. It's fun, and when you compare the total package, it's fantastic.

Which game would have more staying power

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Call KingPinGames in WI and your game is as good as there. Good Luck

All the distributors that I've talked to have said they have no idea when they are getting games. Most distributors lists are very long now. Just wondering if anyone knows if it would be faster to just go with JJP directly for an LE?

#2972 3 years ago

All the distributors that I've talked to have said they have no idea when they are getting games. Most distributors lists are very long now. Just wondering if anyone knows if it would be faster to just go with JJP directly for an LE?

I ordered an LE directly through JJP on Tuesday and haven’t heard anything yet. I figured they are still sorting out the CE mess.

#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

are you sure ???

Yeah her voice is going through my head like a nail.
Game looks great.

#2974 3 years ago

I honestly can imagine why you would buy a SE? If you were a massive GNR fan and really couldn’t afford the extra $3k then that makes sense. But even then, surely you would beg, borrow and steal to get a LE?

It’s not like the shot layout is so unique that you’re getting mostly the full experience on the SE. And code wise, it sounds like a long playing game. The SE’s super simple layout and long ball times probably don’t mix.

#2975 3 years ago

Order through hemisphere. They are not far away. They drive over and pick it up and ship it to you. I’ll have mine this week on the west coast.

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I honestly can imagine why you would buy a SE? If you were a massive GNR fan and really couldn’t afford the extra $3k then that makes sense.

I can afford it, and I’m not a huge GnR fan and I’m getting SE . All in what you find important I guess.

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I honestly can imagine why you would buy a SE? If you were a massive GNR fan and really couldn’t afford the extra $3k then that makes sense. But even then, surely you would beg, borrow and steal to get a LE?
It’s not like the shot layout is so unique that you’re getting mostly the full experience on the SE. And code wise, it sounds like a long playing game. The SE’s super simple layout and long ball times probably don’t mix.

Because 3k is a lot of money? If the game doesn’t pass the test without a ball lock and a very simple upper playfield it’s probably not a very good game.

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Manual lists part "19-100041-08 - 8ft HDMI Cable" in the back panel assembly.

I have played two different POTC's. one with a DVI monitor, and one with a HDMI monitor. and the one with the HDMI monitor looked washed out to me. and the one with the DVI hooked up looked much better.

I was just curious how the GNRLE monitor was hooked up. and how it looked in person?

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

With all these positive comments based on those WHO HAVE PLAYED IT VS WHO HAS NOT, it getting me pumped. Come on CE. Hurry up!

Played it yesterday for a few hours. It’s awesome. Will be getting an LE on the next run

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I have played two different POTC's. one with a DVI monitor, and one with a HDMI monitor. and the one with the HDMI monitor looked washed out to me. and the one with the DVI hooked up looked much better.
I was just curious how the GNRLE monitor was hooked up. and how it looked in person?

HDMI - doesn’t look washed out.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

HDMI - doesn’t look washed out.
[quoted image]

Great. thanks, glad to hear.

#2982 3 years ago

Here’s my view for what it’s worth... the first allotment of 100 has been spoken for so No seller JJP included is going to give you a for sure date on batch 2 as shit happens. As for distributor or JJP, I view this like a check out line at the grocery store. A small distributor (but great) like Kingpin will have 8 people in his line while JJP getting calls world Wide will have 600 people in line. Which line do you think will move faster at this store?? Just my opinion. Did the same for R&M. Kingpin had my game in 1 month, the OEM has orders out for a year. Not the same but you see my point.

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Willing to bet this was a coincidence, and possible the monitor was set slightly different. HDMI and DVI can carry the same signal pretty much.

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Quite a few people have posted that it plays great to them, though it may be hard to separate pure gameplay from the overall experience.

Lots of comments about the playfield layout, it's important, but only a portion of the fun in a game.

To me, a game with an okay playfield layout and great software is usually going to be more fun than a game with a great playfield layout and okay software. By software I mean the rules plus the audio, video, display and lighting effects.

#2985 3 years ago

Overall, the code for this game is great. But the Desert Demolition mode (UYI1 Album Mode) doesn’t seem to be coded completely. No direction on the small lcd and no progress shown. Eventually it will exit out of the mode if you keep the ball alive long enough. I’m on 1.05.

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Which game would have more staying power

I'm not the biggest MM fan, but I've played it a ton. Only a handful of games on GnR. So that's really tough. For me right now I'm in love with GnR, if nothing else the code will be deeper so it should last longer in a lineup

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Overall, the code for this game is great. But the Desert Demolition mode (UYI1 Album Mode) doesn’t seem to be coded completely. No direction on the small lcd and no progress shown. Eventually it will exit out of the mode if you keep the ball alive long enough. I’m on 1.05.

Someone from JJP was on one of the streams and stated that at least one of the songs light shows was not complete yet and they had more to add to it.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Someone from JJP was on one of the streams and stated that at least one of the songs light shows was not complete yet and they had more to add to it.

I’m sure there will be updates and tweaks. Be patient everyone. JJP code updates are second to none. They are the best at coding.

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

As a dist for JJP I was able to snag two LE machines both went on location here in STL. The first one has gone into CP Pinball the biggest pinball place in our area. And I took the second one and set it up at my own place downtown St Louis at St Louis Escape Room. I left the game on free play all night long.
Had to make several adjustments because the center scoop kept draining, fixed that problem by putting the coil power to like 8. The game is just so detailed and honestly I think the I like the LE artwork best. Wow the game is a lot to unpack. It will take some time to get use to this game. So much happening.
My personal high score was 1.3 million. Amazing job by JJP!
If you're in St Louis come see us!!! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see you put your GnR in your (future) BTTF spot

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I have never bought a game based on a cool light show

I kinda did that. The RGB lights on my Star Trek Premium definitely hypnotized me some. I ended up selling it after finding the "every mode the same" feeling boring after having it at home for a while.

Not saying GNR will be that at all. But this is the new game honeymoon period, people will calm down after settling in with it for a bit. Then we'll see what the staying power is.

I kinda doubt it will deflate that quickly, people who's gameplay opinions I trust are saying good things. But I still never put too much stock into these early impressions. We've all seen this early excitement phase before.

I personally hope this is a big hit for JJP, they deserve one.

#2991 3 years ago

Wow, this thread is taxing to read. I think there’s a lot of over analysis going on here.

This game is freakin beautiful. It’s everything modern pinball should be... possibly more.

No rush to buy it if you want to play it first. They’ll be making it a long time.

For the rest of ya: stop sucking the fun out of this release. It’s such good news, all the way around... JJP is alive and well, they have two KILLER designers in house... and they have a hit on their hands.

Just think back 8 years ago. There was nothing remotely close to JJP on the market. Nothing. All we had was Stern and they were treading water. Thank goodness they’ve survived this long... and double thank goodness there’s enough customers to buy what they’re making!!

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow, this thread is taxing to read. I think there’s a lot of over analysis going on here.
This game is freakin beautiful. It’s everything modern pinball should be... possibly more.
No rush to buy it if you want to play it first. They’ll be making it a long time.
For the rest of ya: stop sucking the fun out of this release. It’s such good news, all the way around... JJP is alive and well, they have two KILLER designers in house... and they have a hit on their hands.
Just think back 8 years ago. There was nothing remotely close to JJP on the market. Nothing. Thank goodness they’ve survived this long... and double thank goodness there’s enough customers to buy what they’re making!!

Lets keep the ball rolling and lets all hope for success to American Pinball, Dutch Pinball, Spooky, and dare I say...Deeproot. These guys are have something in common, they are all trying to elevate the game of pinball, to another level. Instead of shutting them down lets cheer them on to succeed. Also thank goodness for Chicago Gaming for bringing back some classics and giving them new life to people that just joined the hobby and want to play the classics.

Overall, we should be supportive of these companies, and competition is healthy.

As for GnR....AMAZING. Can't wait to flip it and experience it. There hasn't been a machine like this before that creates a world, that has so many assets. The animations are top notch, theme integration, top notch, music, for me personally...top notch. Great job JJP, can't wait to see what's in store next for them and I hope to see more from companies like Dutch and American Pinball. Also seems like Deeproot is "trying", hope they succeed because their ideas are kinda cool and would love to see them work.

#2993 3 years ago

Fundamentally disagree with the concept of ‘just being supportive’. FYI I’m buying an LE too, but constructive criticism and feedback is good for literally every industry. Our role is not to shield a company from feedback.

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think the reason we all hear about light show and integration over shot making is because those stand out massively over anything else we've ever seen. The shot making expectations take a back seat as we've come to expect great shots in new machines. The other aspects just blow people's minds

#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Fundamentally disagree with the concept of ‘just being supportive’. FYI I’m buying an LE too, but constructive criticism and feedback is good for literally every industry. Our role is not to shield a company from feedback.

Yah but all the people crapping on the game haven't played it. That's the problem.

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just think back 8 years ago. There was nothing remotely close to JJP on the market. Nothing. All we had was Stern and they were treading water. Thank goodness they’ve survived this long... and double thank goodness there’s enough customers to buy what they’re making!!

Totally agree but some just can’t help themselves. It’s in their blood. If you are a JJP supporter and are happy, they are pissed. I can name about 25 of them but I won’t. We all know who they are. They are in every JJP post. Lol.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Yah but all the people crapping on the game haven't played it. That's the problem.

I haven’t played the game. I’m buying one anyway. I can tell you that point blank: I’m a consumer that wants to hear different opinions before I buy an expensive purchase, especially when I’m not in a position to go out and play the game.

For example, I know ahead of time to be aware of some potential negatives:
- statistically more time in multiball than perhaps any game before it, though this can be changed in code
- a weak plunge into a hard rock game
- overall lack of mechanical toys, though the 6 ball lock is cool

Obviously the honest discussion of positives has clearly won me over. But I actually want a discussion of those negatives before I personally buy a game I’m not in an easy position to play first. Seems like an internet forum of pinball enthusiasts would be a valid place to get this discussion.

Sounds like what people want is to condense the 800 threads for GNR into 2: one for hype and one for broad opinions.

#2998 3 years ago

I got #268 home late last night and I think I’m finally understanding the basic structure of the rules. It has a tremendous amount of Multiballs, weak plunger, flippers are a little weak and the layout isn’t the smoothest, but the light show and uniqueness is what sets this game apart.
There is a risk/reward during songs and locking balls on the upper that I didn’t get right away. I pulled my sub off from my Metallica and it’s really put the audio on another level. I added some Bluetooth speakers to see if that would be an option but it seemed glitchy and actually caused the game to reboot on my second game with a Bose speaker hooked up.
All things considered it’s a tremendous value when compared to recent titles I have purchased. It’s less than my Rick and Morty and my Avengers but they can all be good games and enjoyed for different strengths that they each have.This forum often sounds like a PS5 / Xbox forum, which are both 100 times better values than pinballs. Several things can be great at the same time, perspective, mood and skill will all determine who likes what but we are in a great time for a renaissance in pinball. I am very fortunate to have received Avengers and GnR in the same week. I’m not saying one is better than the other but I did sell my TOTAN because how many games do you need with lamp spinners.

G n R is state of the art and something that can’t be compared to other titles. I have owned all the JJP titles except for WOZ and this plays similar to them but with amazing integration from a great band with adult oriented content.

2E1CB94A-4A02-4BFC-9922-5AC0820C8FCE (resized).jpeg2E1CB94A-4A02-4BFC-9922-5AC0820C8FCE (resized).jpegD41574B7-086E-4164-A573-BCADDB56BF7C (resized).jpegD41574B7-086E-4164-A573-BCADDB56BF7C (resized).jpeg
#2999 3 years ago

I have been watching the game play vids on YouTube and I can’t wait for this game.

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think the reason we all hear about light show and integration over shot making is because those stand out massively over anything else we've ever seen.

It’s called marketing- it’s the theme they pushed through every aspect of the launch. The stated intent of the game design, the technical highlights, every interview repeats it, etc.

People say “it’s like a concert...” because that is what they seeded into everyone’s mind

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/60?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.