pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 111.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It Will be interesting to see how many CE’s will be produced, my guess is 300

I think the CEs will be signed by the band and have every Gunners song in the machine. Just guessing.

#202 3 years ago

Hoping for a $7500 model.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hoping for a $7500 model.

I'm hoping JJP competes better on pricing....Here's my guess

SE will be under $7K
LE will go back to DI pricing $9K
CE will probably stay at $12.5K

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Bear with me here.
I get the love-hate allegiance to a band.
What I dont get is the failure to appreciate where another artist is talented.
I grew up in Australia, so love some AC/DC, not all. I also love some GNR, not all, love some Mellencamp, not all. Love some Aerosmith, not all. Love some U2, not all. Love Springsteen, not all. Showing my 52 years and have seen all the above live.
Slagging off Taylor Swift is fine, but she is a talented songwriter/musician even if she is not to your taste, Look at her performance at the 2020 CMA awards - breathtaking. Seen her live too. Read what Bob Taylor said about her in his autobiography. Not suggesting a Taylor Swift pin has a snowballs chance of happening, but if it did, if ever pinball was to skip to a new generation...
Love some Stern, not all. Love some JJP, not all.

Taylor Swift + Talent? You’ve been eating too many yabbies mate, gone walkabout without your bush hat, gotten lost and taken in too much sun

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm hoping JJP competes better on pricing....Here's my guess
SE will be under $7K
LE will go back to DI pricing $9K
CE will probably stay at $12.5K

Hope so but I think it will be more, add 1k to the above.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

These will be a very long five days for me super excited to see this pin

I’m with you... Looking forward to playing this beast!

#207 3 years ago

no patience- more HYPE....!

880C7F79-4D04-48A5-94FF-B275DBAE34C4.gif880C7F79-4D04-48A5-94FF-B275DBAE34C4.gif

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hope so but I think it will be more, add 1k to the above.

i am in on le officially on monday. if this pin is 10,500 i am out. ill buy avengers pro and an oktoberfest. there are limits.

#210 3 years ago

You can already get a replacement Axl from Marco that was previously used by another manufacturer.

fat_axl (resized).jpgfat_axl (resized).jpg
#211 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am in on le officially on monday. if this pin is 10,500 i am out. ill buy avengers pro and an oktoberfest. there are limits.

I'm with ya

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Now we have this 3 times. Plenty of other races listen to RnR and Metal.
[quoted image]

Uhuh no sh*t, but JJP aren't aiming to sell it based on that fact FFS! . There's an Aussie Bogan market right here that frigging love GNR to death, but the vast majority can't afford a JJP pins other than what we refer to as the C.U.B. market (cashed up Bogans)
cashed-up-narcissistic-terrorising-bogan-in-a-suit-thats-great (resized).jpgcashed-up-narcissistic-terrorising-bogan-in-a-suit-thats-great (resized).jpg

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Uhuh, but JJP aren't aiming to sell it based on that fact FFS! . There's an Aussie Bogan market right here that fringing love, but the vast majority can't afford a JJP pins other than what we refer to as the C.U.B. market (cashed up Bogans)
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/x300/65951348/cashed-up-narcissistic-terrorising-bogan-in-a-suit-thats-great.jpg

Its crazy what you guys have to pay for pins....Stern or JJP

#214 3 years ago

What is crazy is CGC offers LE's for ~$4k less than a CE and the quality is just as good, and you get a real silk screened pf, big wide display, well integrated RGB gi and a decent topper. JJP's potc topper was a little week, but it is one hell of a game. Lets hope Eric surprises us all.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What is crazy is CGC offers LE's for ~$4k less than a CE and the quality is just as good, and you get a real silk screened pf, big wide display, well integrated RGB gi and a decent topper. JJP's potc topper was a little week, but it is one hell of a game. Lets hope Eric surprises us all.

ce is a really big money grab. not alot extra for the money. only for the richie wrenches of the world.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am in on le officially on monday. if this pin is 10,500 i am out.

So you're in and then you're out.

That's what she said.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What is crazy is CGC offers LE's for ~$4k less than a CE and the JJP's potc topper was a little week, but it is one hell of a game. Lets hope Eric surprises us all.

I wouldn't call an animated ship in a bottle with lightning effects " weak " .

IMG_20201002_163800 (resized).jpgIMG_20201002_163800 (resized).jpg
#219 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ce is a really big money grab. not alot extra for the money. only for the richie wrenches of the world.

I would agree on some of the past games on JJP CE version like "Dialed In" from the LE version - there was not much difference but I really think that JJP has learned from the 1st CE game to the 3rd one. POTC CE was a BIG HIT and I really think that Eric and the team at JJP that are all involved on this 4th Collectors Edition will even be better - but time will tell, Its coming this Monday. I think we are ALL are going to be surprised.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think Eric and the team that were all involved in this next game are going to surprise us all.

What I am amazed by is that if it is true that games might be ready to shipped upon reveal - THAT NOT ONE PIC OR VIDEO HAS NOT BEEN LEAKED!!!!! That is awesome. AND.....if this was not a Gun N' Roses game - THAT WOULD EVEN BEEN MORE AMAZING based on current hype -- just sayin....

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I think Eric and the team that were all involved in this next game are going to surprise us all.
What I am amazed by is that if it is true that games might be ready to shipped upon reveal - THAT NOT ONE PIC OR VIDEO HAS NOT BEEN LEAKED!!!!! That is awesome. AND.....if this was not a Gun N' Roses game - THAT WOULD EVEN BEEN MORE AMAZING based on current hype -- just sayin....

WHAT is with ALL THOSE CAPS?

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Appropriate emphasis on words

#223 3 years ago

Posted by mistake

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

CGC is crazy good. But the MMR Royal is $10K plus shipping

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What is crazy is CGC offers LE's for ~$4k less than a CE and the quality is just as good, and you get a real silk screened pf, big wide display, well integrated RGB gi and a decent topper.

Its not crazy. There's no design really, the code is there. There's plenty of reasons why it should cost less. Its a remake.

#226 3 years ago

After hearing Chris Cornell's downer cover of Patience 5x a day on radio, I can't believe Im yearning to hear Axl sing it again. Lol.

Mr. Brownstone is the one GnR song still in our shuffle.

Hopefully pinball shows return in 2021 so I can get to try this, what I think will be a epic pin out.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The opposite could be said that a JJP LE offers more then a CGC MM Royal Edition that costs $10k. You are also talking about 25+ year old games that CGC is remaking. There's no new playfield design being created, no additional animations being added, same sound clips from 25 years ago, the rules are the same ruleset from 25 years ago, etc. What CGC is doing is not even in the same realm of making a new pinball machine from scratch. I say all of that being a fan of the CGC remakes.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its not crazy. There's no design really, the code is there. There's plenty of reasons why it should cost less. Its a remake.

Even you and I agree on this lol

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even you and I agree on this lol

U caught me in mid typing saying the same thing. Its kinda nice isn't it? So far in this thread me and Romulous have agreed and now u.
Very excited to see this new JJP game. Might be my first one.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

U caught me in mid typing saying the same thing. Its kinda nice isn't it? So far in this thread me and Romulous have agreed and now u.
Very excited to see this new JJP game. Might be my first one.

Ohhhhhh, sweet. Love is in the air.

All it took was GNR to finally bring Pinside together.

#231 3 years ago

Is there any proof that Monday is the day? Haven't seen anything yet. Thanks.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Jjp literally said monday Oct 5th

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

https://twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1311350339812102147/photo/1

(And other places and posts and emails)

#234 3 years ago

Ok, thanks. I guess not a widebody then, based on the playfield?

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. I guess not a widebody then, based on the playfield?

If that is the playfield, sadly not a widebody

#236 3 years ago

One way to keep the cost down and more people prefer standard body than wide body.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If that is the playfield, sadly not a widebody

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

One way to keep the cost down and more people prefer standard body than wide body.

I don’t prefer standard body, I like all sizes and nice to have wide body pins as well as standard.

#238 3 years ago

(to follow)

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's no new playfield design being created, no additional animations being added, same sound clips from 25 years ago, the rules are the same ruleset from 25 years ago, etc. What CGC is doing is not even in the same realm of making a new pinball machine from scratch. I say all of that being a fan of the CGC remakes.

This is true, I do agree as well, but my $8k got me a MBrLE. I would have been satisfied with the SE at $5K but the wife likes the theme and the topper and authorized the extra $3K. But let me counter that they had development cost just as high as game design in creating their recreation platform on which they build some damn fine machines. My money right now is on three companies becoming the next "Big Three" and that is Stern, JJP, and CGC. Spooky will remain boutique and DR will implode, Multimorphic will continue to try and be relevant, and the rest of the crowd will probably all go the way of every other Stern wannbe that comes down the pike, except API- if they could get their act together, they could beat out CGC for that third spot...

#240 3 years ago

I hope it's GnR. Would love for it to see the light of day. Don't be surprised if its not GnR

Little back story, I was told from two people that allegedly there was a meeting on what to do with GnR about 3-4 months ago. Apparently the options were to shelve it until political climate calmed down, or re-skin it as potentially another band (Motley Crue was mentioned as an option) or a safe option was a generic make believe rock band similar to Guns N Roses and working title was "World Tour". Think "Rock Band" video game that had generic rockers, but also some influence from existing bands. So I don't know if they went the alternative routes, or if they decided to scrap those and just say F* it, and release Guns. I hope they are going with releasing Guns. We will find out soon. But that's where I was coming from when I posted 2-3 months ago about GnR.

Excited for JJP to finally release this beast!

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I hope it's GnR. Would love for it to see the light of day. Don't be surprised if its not GnR
Little back story, I was told from two people that allegedly there was a meeting on what to do with GnR about 3-4 months ago. Apparently the options were to shelve it until political climate calmed down, or re-skin it as potentially another band (Motley Crue was mentioned as an option) or a safe option was a generic make believe rock band similar to Guns N Roses and working title was "World Tour". Think "Rock Band" video game that had generic rockers, but also some influence from existing bands. So I don't know if they went the alternative routes, or if they decided to scrap those and just say F* it, and release Guns. I hope they are going with releasing Guns. We will find out soon. But that's where I was coming from when I posted 2-3 months ago about GnR.

OK, thats one hell of a rumor from a <1yr account on Pinside.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

OK, thats one hell of a rumor from a <1yr account on Pinside.

I don't understand the logic...Do I need to have an older pinside account to know some people and have friends in the industry? I already proved I was legit when I posted about Stern releasing their next pin on a Friday when everyone thought I was crazy because a) newish account, b)not a single person was talking about Stern releasing a new pin and c)Stern never releases pins on Friday.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I don't understand the logic...Do I need to have an older pinside account to know some people and have friends in the industry? I already proved I was legit when I posted about Stern releasing their next pin on a Friday when everyone thought I was crazy because a) newish account, b)not a single person was talking about Stern releasing a new pin and c)Stern never releases pins on Friday.

You also said TS was coming so....

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You also said TS was coming so....

Technically I said GnR will NOT be the next pin. Assumed it would be Toy Story since that pin was done. I also said, I hope I was wrong, and the reason I posted it on here was to get JJP to realize people want GnR. If GnR comes out, no one will be happier than me to be wrong.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

With 6 bullet holes under the playfield, I think we can safely say it's Guns and Roses

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With 6 bullet holes under the playfield, I think we can safely say it's Guns and Roses

what and where are the bullet holes?

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

lol...like CAPS

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is true, I do agree as well, but my $8k got me a MBrLE. I would have been satisfied with the SE at $5K but the wife likes the theme and the topper and authorized the extra $3K. But let me counter that they had development cost just as high as game design in creating their recreation platform on which they build some damn fine machines. My money right now is on three companies becoming the next "Big Three" and that is Stern, JJP, and CGC. Spooky will remain boutique and DR will implode, Multimorphic will continue to try and be relevant, and the rest of the crowd will probably all go the way of every other Stern wannbe that comes down the pike, except API- if they could get their act together, they could beat out CGC for that third spot...

Why is there only 3 successful companies in your make believe future of pinball manufacturers? Pretty sure there is enough business to support more than 3. Maybe your idea of success is being like Stern but pretty sure Spooky is doing fine as they are. API continues to put out titles that get better. Multimorphic is the actual leader in pinball tech innovation. DR hasn't made a game yet so not sure why they would be included.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what and where are the bullet holes?

Pretty sure he’s talking about the holes that look like the cylinder of a revolver

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Why is there only 3 successful companies in your make believe future of pinball manufacturers? Pretty sure there is enough business to support more than 3. Maybe your idea of success is being like Stern but pretty sure Spooky is doing fine as they are. API continues to put out titles that get better. Multimorphic is the actual leader in pinball tech innovation. DR hasn't made a game yet so not sure why they would be included.

My opinion, yours differs. Nothing new here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/5?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.