pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 111.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t figure why he wears a flannel shirt tied around his waist? Was that ever in style does he ever wear the shirt or just around his waist? I realize he’s rock/punk fusion but I don’t really see anyone else wearing this.

It was huge in Seattle in the late 80s/early 90s, part of the whole grunge fashion look. I totally did it in the 80s and early 90s for going to punk and grunge shows. You'd wear your flannel to keep you warm outside, then at the club or venue you'd take it off and tie it around your waist to mosh during the show, then put it on for the walk/ride home.

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m wondering if the SE may play better. I mean several games BKSOR, GoT, AS probably just as good or better as pro build.
For the life of me the upper PF doesn’t look that great compared to something like WoZ or tspp.
I understand the ball lock is cool looking but several layers of complexity to the LE that the SE does by just shooting ramps. I like ramps.

I thought the same thing can’t bring myself to spending almost 3k more for LE. Hope to see/hear more feedback about the SE.

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

I thought the same thing can’t bring myself to spending almost 3k more for LE. Hope to see/hear more feedback about the SE.

Apparently the SE's on the production line at the moment. Anybody know when we might get to see some game play footage of one in action?

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Dont think he would admit it on this one if it didnt! Its his grail theme and they did a great job so Im glad hes loving it. I do think he will have blinders on with this one and not hear any criticism, I messaged him about it. Many of us are like that with our Grail themes(I LOVE stern star wars). That being said I have a GnR LE on order and cant wait to play. I cant get the music out of my head because Ive watched too many streams....

Sure, but he IS a huge GnR fan. Huge. And this game genuinely lives up and EXCEEDS the hype. Honestly, I can see him keeping his CE, as this is truly a special game.

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My opinion really would have no value as I suspect we like All pinball players find different things important in their selection and buying experience. I am NOT tied to interest in ANY one OEM pinball builder. I don't care who the builder is as long as my wife and I enjoy it! With that said, for me in the Hundreds of games I have every owned this one is without Question the most immersive high speed adrenaline game I have ever owned. Hands down. Yes, you Must at least Like the band to fully enjoy. The art, the shot map, the features are SOoo well executed I can honestly say I can't think of one thing Eric should have changed. I do find it sad many are judging the game (mulitballs) by a few stock code settings game play videos? You set the game up like YOU like it. Turn off all "add a balls", extra balls, etc as you wish! Just remember we "pinball sharpshooter experts" are only 5% of the buying market for a title like this. Many, like me, just want to enjoy a Great game and use handicapped code settings to enjoy just a bit more of the experience. This game IS an experience!

Agreed.

The game is already the one of the best looking ever, and the best ever lightshow. Hands down. As one pinsider said, the player is not only playing pinball machine, he is at a GNR concert, it must be amazing and exciting as a feeling. Playing in the dark must be an incredible experience with this game.
I love the cabinet art of the LE but i prefer the CE trim armor!
Regarding code, as you said, each one can set up the game to his liking. I assume it would depend on your ball time liking in a game and skills.

I would like more videos to see some features in action like the triple path 4 strings bass ramp wireform and the triple kinetic diverter of mini pl. what does it do concretely? Can you control diverters?

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Agreed.
I would like more videos to see some features in action like the triple path 4 strings bass ramp wireform and the triple kinetic diverter of mini pl. what does it do concretely? Can you control diverters?

The base string wire ramp is basically uncontrolled and somewhat for esthetics. You can’t control the kinetic diverters. You are trying to complete the inlane “amp” random lights to collect a mini multi ball.

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I do find it sad many are judging the game (mulitballs) by a few stock code settings game play videos?

I’m not sure “judging” is the right word. At least in my case, I’m just trying to understand the game. It looks interesting, maybe I’d like to get one, maybe not. One tries to make sense of the stuff in Pinside, from the reveal videos, etc. The oohs and aahs of praise as well as the criticisms tend to both be rather useless in terms of helping me make any decisions. From the reveal video, the most noticeable aspect, at least for me, was the large quantity of multiballs. There were segments in which Kevin started a song mode, had no balls locked on the guitar headstock and yet shortly thereafter had 4 or 5 balls flying around. Perhaps there are players who can control this situation and still hit the targets they want, but I, at least, cannot. For me it’s just flailing away, sure, I hit stuff, but it tends to be pretty random. If this is the intention of the game, then I don’t find it very appealing. I checked in the manual and yes, there are two separate settings for turning off add-a-ball. Maybe this would make the game more appealing for me - who knows. Newer games tend not to show up in arcades around here and the nearest distros are at least a 5 hour round trip away, so internet is the best way to get information.

#2908 3 years ago

I think it’s time for JJP to put up a livestream and explain the rules.
It seems that this pin must be played ‘different’ than all the other pins. So some help and ecplinarition would be great.

I have seen some livestreams and all I see is people saying “what do I have to shoot?” and “where did that multiball came from?”

So JJP help us a bit

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

It seems that this pin must be played ‘different’ than all the other pins. So some help and ecplinarition would be great.
I have seen some livestreams and all I see is people saying “what do I have to shoot?” and “where did that multiball came from?”
So JJP help us a bit

Agree, to me during the song modes I find it hard to judge what the objectives are. And still questioning the upper PF merits.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agree, to me during the song modes I find it hard to judge what the objectives are. And still questioning the upper PF merits.

A friend played it yesterday for 8 hours. Modes are very easy to understand he said. It tells you what to do once you are in that mode. He says it feels like you are at a concert. Best pinball he has ever played.

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A friend played it yesterday for 8 hours. Modes are very easy to understand he said. It tells you what to do once you are in that mode. He says it feels like you are at a concert. Best pinball he has ever played.

can you convince your friend to write something in pinside?

#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

So JJP help us a bit

That is because it is new. JJP games are fantastic for telling you what to do, it just takes a bit to parce out the data. The mini screen is great for that. Also it takes a little bit to see the blinking shots through the light show sometimes but they are there.

It really isn't different, it is just new.

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

can you convince your friend to write something in pinside?

He did. Check out one of the other JJP threads. His Pinside name is vividpsychosis. It’s on the owners thread.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’ve heard each mode is like a mini wizard (such as crank it up modes in Metallica).

#2915 3 years ago

I love GNR music and the Pin looks Like the best I’ve ever seen. Game play looks Clunky. Game sound effects, switch hits, call outs, sound Odd. Maybe it will take a bit of getting used too....

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He did. Check out one of the other JJP threads. His Pinside name is vividpsychosis. It’s on the owners thread.

This is what he said about MB:
« The multiballs during songs are not some separate thing to score more points. They simply are there to help you do the previous mentioned goal. Get max rock meter, kick ass on the song and get an encore. I think if people think of it in that manner. They will understand the true genius of this game and see how the MBs are not excessive because they don’t serve the purpose everyone in Pinball is use to. You aren’t stopping to control and take specific shots. You are jamming out! You are flinging all the balls as best you can to orchestrate a killer performance and keep the meter high! « 

Sorry what means  »jamming out »?

Is each song unique to play?

#2917 3 years ago

Playing music

#2918 3 years ago

thanks.

Just don’t get what he means.

Shooting at random the most switches you can?

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I love GNR music and the Pin looks Like the best I’ve ever seen. Game play looks Clunky. Game sound effects, switch hits, call outs, sound Odd. Maybe it will take a bit of getting used too....

If you have not played it don’t judge it. I’m hearing all opposite from what you are saying.

#2920 3 years ago

thanks.
Just don’t get what he means.
Shooting at random the most switches you can?

Using the extra balls in play to hit mode shots feels like you’re jamming out to music.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Using the extra balls in play to hit mode shots feels like you’re jamming out to music.

What i don’t manage to know is if there are specifics shots in a specific progression to do in each MB song? And if each song mode is unique to play?

#2922 3 years ago

What i don’t manage to know is if there are specifics shots in a specific progression to do in each MB song? And if each song mode is unique to play?

Yes all the song modes are unique to play. (It would be silly to have 21 modes and have them all be the same rules) Whether you have 1 ball or 6 balls in play for whatever song you’re playing, the objectives of the song are the same.

#2923 3 years ago

Each song mode is unique.

#2924 3 years ago

help me understand this part, they said the songs have 'risk-reward' in that you can choose to cash out or keep going (with add-a-ball) and your point go up exponentially with each level you continue. They said it's like deal or no deal.

This does sound like risk reward to me because there is only reward if you continue with the song next level with add-a-ball. Unless if you continue and you fait to cash out at a certain level and that makes you lose everything (the song progress doesn't count) that would be like deal or no deal where if you keep on pressing your luck you can loose everything.

Can anyone can explain how the risk-reward works? If you continue and get add-a-ball that lessens the risk because you have extra ball to play around with (less risk or draining out) so it just seems like reward (more points) and less risk (more balls) not risk-reward to me.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like you're riiiiight in the middle of those two sides. You're a music guy, this totally feels like a pin for you. You know it would look great with your games. Do you still have your DE GNR? Would you replace it or set them side by side?
But on the other hand you're a player who really respects a playfield, something I like about you. And I can see your hesitation.
Definitely nothing wrong with playing it first. I can't see how you'd ever regret the decision to wait and try it.

I actually cancelled my LE (for now). It is a visually stunning game...no doubt. The PF design and shot selection aren't grabbing me, and most upper PF's do nothing for me (Simpsons and WH20 being exceptions).

Sold my DE GNR in January 2018...wow time flies. Still have MET, KISS, AC/DC and Beatles. GNR would definitely be a nice addition, but they will be making LE's for a very long time. I picked up my DILE for $7,750 with 50 plays on it. 10k w/shipping for a NIB GNRLE is just too much without knowing I'm going to like the gameplay. If I'm patient, I'm sure one will popup close to 8k in the future. Like you, I'm not a rabid pinball collector at this point. Still love my games, but I'm happy with what I have and don't need to get every new toy when it's released...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can anyone can explain how the risk-reward works? If you continue and get add-a-ball that lessens the risk because you have extra ball to play around with (less risk or draining out) so it just seems like reward (more points) and less risk (more balls) not risk-reward to me.

Each level, You can cash out on the entire song jackpot, or continue which adds a ball at default settings.

You only get awarded the cumulative song jackpot that has been built if you cash out or reach the end of the song.

The risk of continuing is losing all song jackpot, not just the latest level

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

help me understand this part, they said the songs have 'risk-reward' in that you can choose to cash out or keep going (with add-a-ball) and your point go up exponentially with each level you continue. They said it's like deal or no deal.
This does sound like risk reward to me because there is only reward if you continue with the song next level with add-a-ball. Unless if you continue and you fait to cash out at a certain level and that makes you lose everything (the song progress doesn't count) that would be like deal or no deal where if you keep on pressing your luck you can loose everything.

When you continue a ball is added but often with no ball saver. It could be over in an instant. You are risking your song jackpot that is building. The song jackpot is a huge deal and sometimes is much more than your current score. I had a 4.9M Song Jackpot last night and it felt so awesome to cash that in. Sometimes if you cash in it will award your jackpot and light extra ball. Depending on where you are in the game that could be huge. It’s total risk reward. I’ve lost many song jackpots that were well over a million and a few over 2M.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from micro:

Each song mode is unique.

Absolutely. The difficulty of these songs does vary dramatically. Coma is really hard because you need to hit the Coma shot which can only be hit by the upper right flipper when in single ball play.

The light show, rules and difficulty level is unique for each song.

#2929 3 years ago

With all these positive comments based on those WHO HAVE PLAYED IT VS WHO HAS NOT, it getting me pumped. Come on CE. Hurry up!

#2930 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes all the song modes are unique to play. (It would be silly to have 21 modes and have them all be the same rules) Whether you have 1 ball or 6 balls in play for whatever song you’re playing, the objectives of the song are the same.

In fact i just wanted to be sure that i’m not playing a Star Trek bis. This game gets 18 modes and they feel all the same. To be honest just played modes of level 1 and 2. This game was just quickly boring me and finally hate it.

I completely understand that objectives songs are the same as long as the ways to get them are different and creative.

Not a big concern for me, but i understand Snaroff about the mini playfield.

#2931 3 years ago

I heard GNR was what finally saved Ferris.

30F4FBDD-1237-41B9-9B1F-94B0114E7843.png30F4FBDD-1237-41B9-9B1F-94B0114E7843.png4D7C56A8-B2CF-4159-B3F0-D63E146A4B67.jpeg4D7C56A8-B2CF-4159-B3F0-D63E146A4B67.jpeg
#2932 3 years ago

A6D7C9F2-195D-4B1C-A49C-4353C0D2E207.gifA6D7C9F2-195D-4B1C-A49C-4353C0D2E207.gif

057A0C8C-74A5-47CB-A05B-1EC5BC43104D.gif057A0C8C-74A5-47CB-A05B-1EC5BC43104D.gif24309A81-E489-4B55-9FB1-FB56B650E91E.gif24309A81-E489-4B55-9FB1-FB56B650E91E.gif686218DD-D0C5-49B8-AFA2-1DA94371C55A.gif686218DD-D0C5-49B8-AFA2-1DA94371C55A.gif99DB5775-B8F3-4E9A-9C5F-92BF868D4051.gif99DB5775-B8F3-4E9A-9C5F-92BF868D4051.gif

#2933 3 years ago

I’m about to order one.

I love the artwork on the LE just can’t decide if the upper PF is fun or would the SE be better faster playing etc.

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m about to order one.
I love the artwork on the LE just can’t decide if the upper PF is fun or would the SE be better faster playing etc.

Your internal conflict seems stronger than mine, and that’s saying something !!

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m about to order one.

Same boat. Hoping for SE video soon...

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Your internal conflict seems stronger than mine, and that’s saying something !!

Did you order one?

I’m settled on the cost of the LE just unsure about the upper PF. Doesn’t look that compelling but maybe I’m not seeing something.

I do worry If the SE will feel too stripped.

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m about to order one.

It’s still pretty fast and it can be tough to keep that ball up there too long anyway. Both games are fun. The game is a perfect combination of speed/fun/things to shoot all over.

#2938 3 years ago

I've noticed that qualifying songs sometimes happens automatically. For example, I swear my son has drained ball 1 without a song ready but when he starts ball 2 it tells him to head to the scoop to start a song.
Is there a free band member given at some point based on end of ball bonus or something like that?

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I've noticed that qualifying songs sometimes happens automatically. For example, I swear my son has drained ball 1 without a song ready but when he starts ball 2 it tells him to head to the scoop to start a song.
Is there a free band member given at some point based on end of ball bonus or something like that?

My understanding is ball 2 will spot you one member and ball 3 spots you another two members. Other things like patches can spot members or JAM can spot them all ( just what I’ve read).

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you order one?
I’m settled on the cost of the LE just unsure about the upper PF. Doesn’t look that compelling but maybe I’m not seeing something.

I wasn’t trolling , I understand and always overthink things. I did decide on SE and have ordered one. All the important things that I care about exist in the SE. My only hope is someone makes aftermarket stage lighting , but I doubt it would be interactive, in which case I wouldn’t spend money on it.

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It’s still pretty fast and it can be tough to keep that ball up there too long anyway. Both games are fun. The game is a perfect combination of speed/fun/things to shoot all over.

Did you play the SE?

I have no problem with getting pro games have met and TWD pro. But seems like GnR may be one model better than the other.

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you play the SE?
I have no problem with getting pro games have met and TWD pro. But seems like GnR may be one model better than the other.

After seeing the SE playfied, I think it's a bit bare, it's priced right but I think you need to splurge and get the LE. In any case no need to hurry, both will be available for a long time, wait till you get in front of one and try it out...It's a lot of money to spend not knowing if you'll like the game.

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

In any case no need to hurry, both will be available for a long time, wait till you get in front of one and try it out...It's a lot of money to spend not knowing if you'll like the game.

Agree 1000%.
You’ll be playing both soon.
Good luck finding the right fit for YOU.

#2944 3 years ago
Elon mb (resized).jpgElon mb (resized).jpg
#2945 3 years ago

Whats your point?

#2946 3 years ago

The hotrails, and how they strobe and interact with each song is definitely innovative. The coding they did in tandem with gameplay is genuinely unique and innovative. You can question it prior to playing for sure, but once you step up, you'll understand why people are raving. Trust me.

We went from seeing it unplugged, to strobing, pulsating, and the music RISING as the songs play. It's truly unique.

For me, I just want to play more, in a less frenzied crowd, and get some time with the shots.

Quoted from rai:

Did you play the SE?

I'd just hold off a bit to feel comfortable about your purchase. No rush, trust me. SE's will be out and maybe streamed, or at least seen, in the wild this week. Guaranteed.

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you play the SE?

yes and it’s very fun too imo it wish the new hot rail light were rgb and not just white. Makes a huge difference
The play is still very fun just less places for the ball to go. It is fast and has good flow though. Both versions are great.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The hotrails, and how they strobe and interact with each song is definitely innovative. The coding they did in tandem with gameplay is genuinely unique and innovative. You can question it prior to playing for sure, but once you step up, you'll understand why people are raving. Trust me.
We went from seeing it unplugged, to strobing, pulsating, and the music RISING as the songs play. It's truly unique.
For me, I just want to play more, in a less frenzied crowd, and get some time with the shots.

Agree with the sentiment. Innovation comes in many forms and is not necessarily limited to new mechs. I don’t think anyone has seen a pin that emulates the experience of going to a concert like this one before. I’m really looking forward to trying it. I never thought I would ever be interested in a band pin. Ever. But this has me reconsidering.

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you order one?

I felt the same way the pics of the Playfield on the line in the SE thread look pretty good though and $6750 is pretty enticing since I already have an Avengers premium on order

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

With all these positive comments based on those WHO HAVE PLAYED IT VS WHO HAS NOT, it getting me pumped. Come on CE. Hurry up!

Sexy!

C8357348-970D-4AC9-AB4D-F4D6DEAFD293 (resized).jpegC8357348-970D-4AC9-AB4D-F4D6DEAFD293 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/59?hl=pinballrockdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.