pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 111.
#2801 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Almost everything I'm seeing people complain about can be changed in the settings , so you can set it up the way you want it , and what a base to work off .

I’m not sure the point of the upper PF. Seems like the ball will go into the lock without even flipping so it’s like an alternate ramp ending. Can you imagine if every time you got to the upper PF on Simpsons the ball rolls into the couch or on woz the ball just locks in the castle rather than having to skillfully shoot the ball there.

The other side is the bass ramp which I’m not sure if that’s too difficult just have to shoot the ball into a saucer.

I’m unclear how interesting or challenging the upper PF is maybe it’s just eye candy or something for noobs to admire.

#2802 3 years ago

Being a huge G'n'R fan I was so looking forward to this pin but I'm finding it hard to get excited about the game play. Love the design with the drum sticks, Gibson head and Bass guitar return and the lighting is awesome. The amount of multiballs is a big turn off and some drop/standup targets or a toy to hit is sorely missing. Seems like its ramps and multiballs and not much else. Hope when I eventually get to play the game it changes my view.

#2803 3 years ago

This game looks great. I think this is one of the better examples of a three tier game I have seen to date.
I have broken all of my normal “rules” to buy an LE.

After 10 plus years and about 45 games going through my collection I became comfortable with some boundaries.
1. No nib JJP b/c the price is now too high. (I was a day one WOZECLE for $6500)
2. Play before you buy.
3. Wait until it’s out a year so the hype train can go away and the code can mature.
I saw the release and threw all that out the window.

What a perfect storm of licensor (Slash/GnR) support and company (JJP) willingness to go for it with tons of features. To me all three models really knock it out of the park. Sure, I have likes (guitar head stocks) and dislikes (SE cabinet art), but all have a really awesome potential. I say potential only because I haven’t played one.

The SE still has 21 full songs from GNR, callouts from all the band members, custom molded sculpts, drumstick ramps etc. I have no doubt it will be fun and the music will rock.

I think the LE is pretty much perfect for my wants, except price. So I’m selling a game to fund a big part of it.

I like that the CE has the unique ball save mech. I would want something extra like that if I spent 12K. It’s the first JJP CE that seems worth the extra money that I’ve seen.

Great Job on this game team JJP!

#2804 3 years ago

Most of the videos are not unbiased like Zach saying not one bad word about it. Really not one bad thing? It’s almost like he’s trying to sell us the game.

I think the game does look great but I’d like to hear an unbiased review. I understand this was a first impression video not a review. So I’m going to play it myself before sinking $10K for a LE

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Most of the reviews are not unbiased like Zach saying not one bad word about it. Really not one bad thing? It’s almost like he’s trying to sell us the game.

Yeah that video was a droolfest. I get it, they are excited but not sure how much value that added. The basically repeated the content in the SDTM launch video.

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

100 LE’s are boxed and shipping
100 SE’s are on the line (50 per week)
100 CE’s should be in the line 10-26-20
Not sure where January came from. Are you getting a GNR’s?

That is great hearing JJP will be mixing shorter runs so as to get all models out. That is probably the best way to do things.

I ordered an LE and have no idea when it will arrive. Had a chance to get a CE and chose NOT to. As much as I prefer it’s cab art and purple trim, I wasn’t willing to shell out another $3k. In retrospect I wish I had. I console myself guessing I’ll probably receive my game next month.

#2807 3 years ago

I’m still very impressed with the pin blown away as others are by the lights. I just hope the upper PF is fun to shoot and important not just a flail fest where it doesn’t matter what happens with the shoots.

#2808 3 years ago

I didn't realize there was a mech that was only on the CE. So that means only 500 machines ever will have the full GNR gameplay?

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I didn't realize there was a mech that was only on the CE. So that means only 500 machines ever will have the full GNR gameplay?

Not really. On the LE it will be a virtual lock in place of the mech.

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not really. On the LE it will be a virtual lock.

Ah OK, so the coma thing works with a virtual lock on the LE.

#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

True and it costs $3k to get one of those. The physical kickback mech is replaced with virtual locks in other models, so everyone enjoys the same functionality. The mech is not a standout feature IMO as much as the cosmetic changes to art, trim color and the added topper.

#2812 3 years ago

Pinball design is a team effort.
Out of curiosity, does Elwin also have an Electro Mechanical University Degree?

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m still very impressed with the pin blown away as others are by the lights. I just hope the upper PF is fun to shoot and important not just a flail fest where it doesn’t matter what happens with the shoots.

It is not a flail-fest when you get used to it. Four total shots and two are very important. The bass ramp shot (To qualify Duff) and the guitar neck lock. You can cradle the ball up there, so both shots are easy to repeat when you get the hang of it. The other two shots are "Fog" and "Lights". I believe fog is a booster of some sort and the lights target starts "Throw the Lights Multiball"
upper PF (resized).pngupper PF (resized).png

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is not a flail-fest when you get used to it. Four total shots and two are very important. The bass ramp shot and the guitar neck lock. You can cradle the ball up there, so both shots are easy to repeat when you get the hang of it.

I was going to mention the same. It’s def something you have a good amount of control over with two main ways to go with the ball. In fact, I noticed, when playing there is a ball guide/gate on the right side of the upper PF that aligns the ball down back to the flipper if it doesn’t quite go all the way right. Hard to describe but from my experience, the upper wasn’t something you stay on too long like pirates but felt like it contributed enough to warrant being there.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is not a flail-fest when you get used to it. Four total shots and two are very important. The bass ramp shot and the guitar neck lock. You can cradle the ball up there, so both shots are easy to repeat when you get the hang of it.

Ok thanks.

I see the ball going straight up to the lock on flip n out video so if that’s the case only one shot is important.

However I’ve not played it so I’ll bow to your assessment.

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Pinball design is a team effort.

Funny how they give the awards to one dude.

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was going to mention the same. It’s def something you have a good amount of control over with two main ways to go with the ball. In fact, I noticed, when playing there is a ball guide/gate on the right side of the upper PF that aligns the ball down back to the flipper if it doesn’t quite go all the way right. Hard to describe but from my experience, the upper wasn’t something you stay on too long like pirates but felt like it contributed enough to warrant being there.

Cool I want the LE for looks but glad to hear the upper PF is fun. That’s the most important thing.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Funny how they give the awards to one dude.

Yeah, I don't know how Kaneda does it.

#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure the point of the upper PF. Seems like the ball will go into the lock without even flipping so it’s like an alternate ramp ending. Can you imagine if every time you got to the upper PF on Simpsons the ball rolls into the couch or on woz the ball just locks in the castle rather than having to skillfully shoot the ball there.
The other side is the bass ramp which I’m not sure if that’s too difficult just have to shoot the ball into a saucer.
I’m unclear how interesting or challenging the upper PF is maybe it’s just eye candy or something for noobs to admire.

I saw the picture Kermit put up and in the videos I have seen it's hard to tell what's going on from the above view , I'm not sure if it's good or not , we'll have to wait for more videos or better yet actually get to play the thing .

#2820 3 years ago

Ordering an LE in January. In no rush.

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Most of the videos are not unbiased like Zach saying not one bad word about it. Really not one bad thing? It’s almost like he’s trying to sell us the game.

To be fair Zach says he prefers playing stranger things to The Avengers .
But one could argue he is trying to sell any stranger things he's got and knows Avengers will sell anyway , but I doubt that .

#2822 3 years ago

Order numbers do not mean anything.

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

To be fair Zach says he prefers playing stranger things to The Avengers

Gotta move that product to make warehouse space.

#2824 3 years ago

What looks busy and confusing with GNR is that the lighting is not conventional. Usually one colored light or insert shape is used for mode shots and another color and shape for other objectives. You could always count on sage advice of shoot for the blinking lights. In the case of JJPGNR, half the lights might be on any given time. So now you need another way to progress and keep track of the vitals.

So what might those be? 1) qualify band members to light all revolver inserts solid 2) shoot blinking scoop shot to start a song. You’ll see a screen to choose a song. These would be the first places I would monitor. 3) as you hit 3 min mark on the song you see the lowest level album is collected and the album insert is lit solid. Repeat songs on the same album to switch album levels for more points. 4) collect 4 album inserts, Slash original music insert and 1 other insert (?) to start final mode (?). The inserts all reside on the playfield.

All the blinking lights and most content on both lcd screens is icing on a cake. Watch it when you can and be sure to multitask by listening to the damn music.

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I agree with the former, at least. Keith has made 3 machines and I would like to own all of them.
Eric has yet to make a machine I actually want to own. Play them, sure...but I have not got even the slightest itch to purchase one of his designs.

Then why are you here in this thread? Go to a Stern thread that has one of Keith’s games! Problem solved!

#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It would be nice if we could enjoy the designers vision.

The vision is, you do all this work to get a song and it would be nice to hear more than 6 seconds of it

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Then why are you here in this thread?

To watch fanbois stroke it until they bleed.

You?

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok thanks.
I see the ball going straight up to the lock on flip n out video so if that’s the case only one shot is important.
However I’ve not played it so I’ll bow to your assessment.

On my game it goes to the lock unassisted a smaller percentage of the time, most of the time you need to use the flipper up there. I bet how often this happens depends on the pitch of the game. I am at 7.4.

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Then why are you here in this thread? Go to a Stern thread that has one of Keith’s games! Problem solved!

This isn’t the owners’ thread. I want to hear different views of the game—positive or negative—as long as the views aren’t just useless trolling or fanboy/sales pitch crap. Isn’t that the point of these forums?

#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The vision is, you do all this work to get a song and it would be nice to hear more than 6 seconds of it

G'day Keith , I saw a screenshot of what looks like a fighting game , is that mode in the game ?
Great job by the way .

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you want to be in an echo chamber of positivity, head over to the owners thread. Or even better yet, go to the JJP fan Facebook page. I’m sure you are a lead contributor there.

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You?

I’m in n a CE. You buying a GNR???

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is not a flail-fest when you get used to it. Four total shots and two are very important. The bass ramp shot (To qualify Duff) and the guitar neck lock. You can cradle the ball up there, so both shots are easy to repeat when you get the hang of it. The other two shots are "Fog" and "Lights". I believe fog is a booster of some sort and the lights target starts "Throw the Lights Multiball"
[quoted image]

Appreciate the pic and description. It was initially hard to understand how the upper playfield was laid out.

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

If you want to be in an echo chamber of positivity, head over to the owners thread. Or even better yet, go to the JJP fan Facebook page. I’m sure you are a lead contributor there.

I appreciate the advice. So stupid. Lol

#2835 3 years ago

You get that they can pick an LE number right? This doesn’t mean they sold 3000 LEs

#2836 3 years ago

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On my game it goes to the lock unassisted a smaller percentage of the time, most of the time you need to use the flipper up there. I bet how often this happens depends on the pitch of the game. I am at 7.4.

good to hear!

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wow thats pretty steep...is that the factory recommended pitch or just the pitch u enjoy?

#2839 3 years ago

Maybe dumb question..
How work the triple path bass ramp wireform and what it is used for? Is it possible to controle the diverters?
Thanks

#2840 3 years ago
multiballs.jpgmultiballs.jpg
#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yep I get it. You want my mom to be able to walk to the game and enjoy a song. I respect that... I just hope it is still enjoyable/challenging for the folks who actually put 99% of games on the machine. I’m sure it will be, I haven’t played it yet. Looking forward to SE gameplay videos, I’m very interested in potentially purchasing one.

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This game is all about too much. It’s an in your face rock concert. And it’s awesome.
It’s not subtle.

Bam. That's what I'm talking about, that's what i want. Good to hear you are loving it Kermit!

TOO MUCH. This isn't a game for the weak minded nerds. LOL

#2843 3 years ago

My guess is the song modes will be more fun (and lead to less finger strain) if you disable all the add-a-balls and maybe make the outlanes a little tighter.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Eric is the best pinball designer right now and has thought of everything in this game along with Slash. Make it easy or hard. Your choice.

What? Elwin can run circles around him.
JP2 is a masterpiece.....and Lyman wasn't even on the code. The game has everything you need even with the missing IP assets.

#2845 3 years ago

Regardless of opinion on GNR, this has been the most exciting week of pinball in awhile.
JJP joins other manufacturers all shipping new titles NOW!

Spooky, AP, Stern and JJP - still unbelievable to see happening.
What a time to appreciate this hobby.

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What? Elwin can run circles around him.

both of you sound like "my dad can beat up your dad" . They are both amazing designers and I for one am happy the older are getting replaced with the awesomness of these two! There is no "better", they both are good and we now have tough decisions on what amazing games to buy and from what company! that my friend is good for this hobby!

#2847 3 years ago

Dougie I'm with you.... can't wait to get this one, shut the lights out, grab my 16 year old Lagavulin and rock out to the incredible music of GnfnR!

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think the game does look great but I’d like to hear an unbiased review. I understand this was a first impression video not a review. So I’m going to play it myself before sinking $10K for a LE

Eric himself said in the Super Awesome Pinball Podcast the game can be challenging to shoot, and also that he wanted some things in the game, had to scale back a bit. That's pretty unbiased, and from the designer himself.

Delt and I had pretty leveled thoughts on Wednesday, and I know we're both in on a game. Well me, down the road.

No game is perfect, but THIS is ideal.

That interview is really enjoyable, and worth a listen by the way. Eric discussing those roll over piano keys, that aren't mechanical switches, sounds amazing, and the little audio design touches, truly inspiring stuff!

Quoted from kermit24:

Did JJP suggest a certain pitch in documentation? I kept wondering the other day....

Quoted from guitarded:

You?

Sometimes it's fun to ride a wave of excitement! It's genuinely rare in this hobby, and fortunately R&M, Hot Wheels, TMNT, Avengers, and now GnR have all had a nice first week of upbeat energy!

I maintain that energy to the very moment I played all of those games, and then at that point, after a few games, and then some reflection, you see where things fall out.

Until then, why not ride the fun wave? What else do we have to be excited about, in general, and as pinheads?

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

What’s the metal bracket between fog and lights? It looks like it gets in the way of the shot to the bass, but it could just be the angle of the pic.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah that video was a droolfest. I get it, they are excited but not sure how much value that added. The basically repeated the content in the SDTM launch video.

Zach and Greg have had similar reactions to previous JJP launches when they were invited to JJP for an early look. It probably seems more special because the only launch games every few years vs Stern with 4 a year. Then again I believe they seem to really like most of the JJP games. They drooled over Dialed in as well, probably not to this extent. I think Zack and Greg had reactions like a lot of us had when seeing the amazing lighting/theme integration/hand drawn art. The one thing I will wait and see if it plays out is Zack saying how great the game shoots. The streams Ive watched dont really make it seem like a great shooting game when compared to some other recent ones but time will tell. I doubt itll shoot as well as say Dialed In. I have one on order(LE) and even if it doesnt end up being the best shooter the experience will overcome it imho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.