pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 111.
#2751 3 years ago

Really really considering an SE but I need to see some gameplay footage and hear some impressions first. I THINK the SE will be the best player of the 3. The missing features are certainly cool looking... but they really just seem to slow things down and add chop. A rock and roll pin requires speed and flow so you can get in a “groove” with the music IMO

#2752 3 years ago

From everything I’ve heard, the CE’s won’t be run until Jan and to me that means deliveries starting mid Jan. Three months is not too much time to wait, unless GNR is your dream theme. Gotta be excruciating for a podcaster to watch GNR LE owners and soon SE owners, receiving and playing the games you’ve praised to high heaven. They enjoy it, play it, stream it, discuss it and one’s patience for a CE wains.

That CE owners follow LE owners makes little sense. CE’s owners deserve the honor and envy to be first, followed by LE owners and finally SE owners.

#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

CE’s owners deserve the honor and envy to be first, followed by LE owners and finally SE owners.

Kind of agree, but as the saying goes, 'He who laughs last...'

#2754 3 years ago

From everything I’ve heard, the CE’s won’t be run until Jan and to me that means deliveries starting mid Jan. Three months is not too much time to wait, unless GNR is your dream theme. Gotta be excruciating for a podcaster to watch GNR LE owners and soon SE owners, receiving and playing the games you’ve praised to high heaven. They enjoy it, play it, stream it, discuss it and one’s patience for a CE wains.
That CE owners follow LE owners makes little sense. CE’s owners deserve the honor and envy to be first, followed by LE owners and finally SE owners.

100 LE’s are boxed and shipping
100 SE’s are on the line (50 per week)
100 CE’s should be in the line 10-26-20

Not sure where January came from. Are you getting a GNR’s?

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

100 LE’s are boxed and shipping
100 SE’s are on the line (50 per week)
100 CE’s should be in the line 10-26-20
Not sure where January came from. Are you getting a GNR’s?

I almost finished signing the fake autographs on the CE's... Glad JJP didn't do 1000. Wrist is
killing! Should be good to go soon.

#2756 3 years ago

Considering all the 'issues' that every release has and more code work etc, I am never in a hurry to get a game. While one might think that since they are paying the most, the CE's should be out first, it makes sense they'd run the CE's later after they've had a chance to work out the kinks.

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Considering all the 'issues' that every release has and more code work etc, I am never in a hurry to get a game. While one might think that since they are paying the most, the CE's should be out first, it makes sense they'd run the CE's later after they've had a chance to work out the kinks.

They Just sold almost 3000 LE's... in what, 4 days. sure, keep waiting. SE for you!

#2758 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

They Just sold almost 3000 LE's... in what, 4 days. sure, keep waiting. SE for you!

Won't happen. IF, and big IF they actually sold out of 5000 LEs they will just release another LE version. It's a cash cow, why would they stop printing money just because they said there would be a limited number? Even if they made 8000 LEs, what are you going to do about it?

Also if your number is correct; 3000 LEs, they aren't 3000 customers bought LE, means distributors ordered and some may be spoken for, some may be stock to sell.

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Dude what are you talking about? Fountain of misinformation.

#2760 3 years ago

So considering SE model but looking to wait until there is a good feel for play of an SE. Like GNR but kind of a take it or leave it theme for me so not spending almost 3k more for an LE. Seeing that shortly there will be an open space in my collection. So anyone with feedback on an SE please post and feedback is not “oh a LE is much better”.
Thanks

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

So considering SE model but looking to wait until there is a good feel for play of an SE. Like GNR but kind of a take it or leave it theme for me so not spending almost 3k more for an LE. Seeing that shortly there will be an open space in my collection. So anyone with feedback on an SE please post and feedback is not “oh a LE is much better”.
Thanks

LE owner here, but I’d guess that the SE will be a really fun game. Even 75% of the fun of the LE is better than almost all games available. It’s that good.

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dude what are you talking about? Fountain of misinformation.

Quoted from sevenrites:

In on an LE, not sure why I waited till today. First NIB and first JJP. Watched 5 other JJPs come and go, but not this time. Wish I wouldn’t have skipped any of them. My buddy down the road just got his first pin a few months ago and also just went in on an LE. 2881 and 2882 if order numbers mean anything. Looks like it could be a long winter but I hope not.
Both direct from JJP.

#2763 3 years ago

Won't happen. IF, and big IF they actually sold out of 5000 LEs they will just release another LE version. It's a cash cow, why would they stop printing money just because they said there would be a limited number? Even if they made 8000 LEs, what are you going to do about it?

#2764 3 years ago

Hahaha - 'I'm a lawyer and I'll sue!'.

They'll just give it another, slightly different name.

GNR LE - AFD Edition : Limited to ONLY 5000 Units

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Really? 3000 LE's?

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? 3000 LE's?

In on an LE, not sure why I waited till today. First NIB and first JJP. Watched 5 other JJPs come and go, but not this time. Wish I wouldn’t have skipped any of them. My buddy down the road just got his first pin a few months ago and also just went in on an LE. 2881 and 2882 if order numbers mean anything. Looks like it could be a long winter but I hope not.
Both direct from JJP.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? 3000 LE's?

Doubt it. If that was the case, I'm pretty sure JJP social media would be stating that very, very openly.

Man, just watched the intro to the SDTM impressions video.....hooooo weeeeee, that's a sexy ass game! Can't wait to play it, and the standard.......soooooooon!

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Hahaha - 'I'm a lawyer and I'll sue!'.
They'll just give it another, slightly different name.
GNR LE - AFD Edition : Limited to ONLY 5000 Units

Weird, I'm a lawyer too.. no need to sue, JJP knows where they stand.
they are locked in on that playfield.. Unless they change the playfield...only LE 5000 and CE 500 have this playfield, their words!!

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Doubt it. If that was the case, I'm pretty sure JJP social media would be stating that very, very openly.
Man, just watched the intro to the SDTM impressions video.....hooooo weeeeee, that's a sexy ass game! Can't wait to play it, and the standard.......soooooooon!

JJP doesn't manufacture to numbers...their all random (at least thats how they've done it in the past)...numbers mean nothing...SE could be great value, but LE or CE is the way to go on this game. That CE package was insane

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Thanks

I'm happily in on the CE and staying there. But the SE at $6750 for a NIB JJP machine is a great price and I can understand why some people are opting for it.
I also want to know more about the SE and my curiosity is off the chart about it. It could be, bang for the buck game of the year, who knows.

Someone stream it please.

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

You just hate Metallica so much you won't even look at mine when you come over.

Its not that I hate MET or ACDC, they both have some good stuff on it, but it proper shits me that they could have been done so much better... I will never tell anyone that they should not like a game, but players deserve better, mainly in terms of innovation/tech, which is what GNR finally has!

#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its not that I hate MET or ACDC, they both have some good stuff on it, but it proper shits me that they could have been done so much better... I will never tell anyone that they should not like a game, but players deserve better, mainly in terms of innovation/tech, which is what GNR finally has!

Sorry but John Borg, Lyman F. Sheats Jr and Richie are legends in this industry. Gnr has a really cool pop bumper symbol mech. Game looks great and very well designed... but wont get my money because of a cool symbol and leds.

#2773 3 years ago
#2774 3 years ago

„only“ 5000 le he, hehehe, hehe

#2775 3 years ago

I was told in my confirmation email November for my CE.

#2776 3 years ago

Wish JJP would’ve used a truly legendary rock band for their first music themed pin
For example, Black Sabbath, Queen, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Pink Floyd etc..
GNR have already had a pin and for a band that has had decent 3 L.P’s in their entire history, man these strokers have to be the most overrated band ever!
I grew up in the 80’s, best decade ever for hard rock and yes AFD was cool, but holy ball sweat, they are so far down the rock food chain, FFS I went to Calder (Melbourne Australia’s woodstock y’all) in ‘93 to see back up Skid Row rip headliners GNR a new one
But top hat off to Slash, that dude is cool, Axl though...wanker to the extreme

#2777 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Sorry but John Borg, Lyman F. Sheats Jr and Richie are legends in this industry. Gnr has a really cool pop bumper symbol mech. Game looks great and very well designed... but wont get my money because of a cool symbol and leds.

Band on the LCD, unique playfield, great art, likely the best sound/sound system, wifi, blue tooth, best light show of any game, mechs that dont throw the ball SDTM, innovative ramps. Now lets have a look at the games that Borg has made:

Star Wars (Data East, 1992)
Jurassic Park (Data East, 1993)
Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)
Tales from the Crypt (Data East, 1993)
Guns N' Roses (Data East, 1994)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)
Twister (Sega, 1996)
Mini-Viper (Sega, 1996)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Sega, 1997)
Harley Davidson (Sega/Stern, 1999)
Sharkey's Shootout (Stern, 2000)
Austin Powers (Stern, 2001)
Indiana Jones (Stern, 2008)
NBA (Stern, 2009)
Iron Man (Stern, 2010)
TRON: Legacy (Stern, 2011)
X-Men (Stern) (Stern, 2012)
Metallica (Stern, 2013)
The Walking Dead (Stern, 2014)
KISS (Stern, 2015)
Aerosmith (Stern, 2017)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Stern, 2017)
The Munsters (Stern, 2019)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Stern, 2020)

The only decent games from the lot had Lyman save them. Ritchies golden games were from the 90s. TMNT, TWD are prob the best games but the others.... buyers/collectors/players deserved more... way more..

GNR2 might not be your cup of tea and tbh it might not be mine either, but you have to give JJP credit for having the balls to innovate and make pinball better for the community. I am not a complete Stern hater, JP is prob the purest playfield ever made and that along with maiden are 2 top 10 games ever made. But the vast majority of the above list is a piss weak effort in game design. Kaminkow said himself that pinball design was easy... Look what happened when that game was re-designed by KME....

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Iceman just listed it, 3 minutes and 4 seconds of Beattle asset ! Live and Let Die. I believe the Beattles game has 15 seconds of 6 songs? Something like this, anyway just sayin. Watch the straight down the middle review they have played the crap out of it and can barely contain themselves!

Jjp forgot Bob Dylan for knocking on heaven doors

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Jjp forgot Bob Dylan for knocking on heaven doors

That would have been nice. Maybe Slash and Bob don’t get on.

#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Wish JJP would’ve used a truly legendary rock band for their first music themed pin
For example, Black Sabbath, Queen, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Pink Floyd etc..
GNR have already had a pin and for a band that has had decent 3 L.P’s in their entire history, man these strokers have to be the most overrated band ever!
I grew up in the 80’s, best decade ever for hard rock and yes AFD was cool, but holy ball sweat, they are so far down the rock food chain, FFS I went to Calder (Melbourne Australia’s woodstock y’all) in ‘93 to see back up Skid Row rip headliners GNR a new one
But top hat off to Slash, that dude is cool, Axl though...wanker to the extreme

I'm not the biggest GNR fan but at least everybody knows a lot of their songs .
Judas Priest ? I'd rather see Motorhead or the Ramones .
Good to see the Melbourne boys up and about .
Go Hawks !

#2781 3 years ago

As a dist for JJP I was able to snag two LE machines both went on location here in STL. The first one has gone into CP Pinball the biggest pinball place in our area. And I took the second one and set it up at my own place downtown St Louis at St Louis Escape Room. I left the game on free play all night long.

Had to make several adjustments because the center scoop kept draining, fixed that problem by putting the coil power to like 8. The game is just so detailed and honestly I think the I like the LE artwork best. Wow the game is a lot to unpack. It will take some time to get use to this game. So much happening.

My personal high score was 1.3 million. Amazing job by JJP!

If you're in St Louis come see us!!!

IMG_2104 (resized).jpgIMG_2104 (resized).jpgIMG_2105 (resized).jpgIMG_2105 (resized).jpgIMG_2106 (resized).jpgIMG_2106 (resized).jpgIMG_2107 (resized).jpgIMG_2107 (resized).jpg
#2782 3 years ago

can someone who has played the game comment on the criticism that there is too much multiball ? From the Buffalo pinball reveal I have the impression you spend a couple of minutes qualifying the 7 band members, maybe lock a ball or two on the guitar headstock, shoot the center scoop, then the song mode starts - as multiball if you locked some balls. Every ball which goes into the center scoop adds a ball so pretty soon you have 4 or 5 balls in play because lots of balls are going to go up the middle into the scoop. So it seems to me you are just flailing away with many balls trying to get enough minutes play time on the song - and not get booed out. Supposedly each song is a separate mode with different goals, but if you’re just flailing away, the uniqueness of the mode doesn’t matter. Am I seeing this wrong?

#2783 3 years ago

I thought Eric reminded me of someone

IMG_20201010_215434 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_215434 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_215505 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_215505 (resized).jpg
#2784 3 years ago

I think this game suffers from too much of everything. Less. Is. More. If JJP made Jaws, they'd have the shark in every shot of the movie!

#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I think this game suffers from too much of everything. Less. Is. More. If JJP made Jaws, they'd have the shark in every shot of the movie!

This game is all about too much. It’s an in your face rock concert. And it’s awesome.

It’s not subtle.

#2786 3 years ago

I watched the what the flip stream, and a guy kept draining his ball and walking away, but they were like, "no no! You have a ball saver!" He drained twice and the game refused to let him stop. The song ball saver is bullshit too long. Two drains in, like, 30 seconds, and he was made to keep playing. Where is the incentive to do well? The fear of draining?

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I watched the what the flip stream, and a guy kept draining his ball and walking away, but they were like, "no no! You have a ball saver!" He drained twice and the game refused to let him stop. The song ball saver is bullshit too long. Two drains in, like, 30 seconds, and he was made to keep playing. Where is the incentive to do well? The fear of draining?

Ok but you can change that in settings..... FYI

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes. Thank god. Why is that default. It is almost like they tried to make this machine too easy? If they run this in tournaments they better have all those savers off.

I'm still very curious about the game and can see wanting one still. I sure hope they fix up the coding big time. I guess Slash was pretty set on letting this be a game for more newbies to get into, and therefore wanted things like this to be a part of the game.

Edit: a happy medium would be to do what avengers does: when you drain the ball you lose five flips. Do the same here: when you drain the ball make your rocking meeting absolutely tank. Draining should deplete that meter completely.

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yes. Thank god. Why is that default. It is almost like they tried to make this machine too easy? If they run this in tournaments they better have all those savers off.
I'm still very curious about the game and can see wanting one still. I sure hope they fix up the coding big time. I guess Slash was pretty set on letting this be a game for more newbies to get into, and therefore wanted things like this to be a part of the game.

From my time playing the game, this thing is a drain monster so the mb helps allow the player to see more. That being said it appears they provide the option to reduce ball saver and mb so best of both worlds.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

From my time playing the game, this thing is a drain monster so the mb helps allow the player to see more. That being said it appears they provide the option to reduce ball saver and mb so best of both worlds.

Exactly. Eric is the best pinball designer right now and has thought of everything in this game along with Slash. Make it easy or hard. Your choice.

#2791 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Almost everything I'm seeing people complain about can be changed in the settings , so you can set it up the way you want it , and what a base to work off .

#2792 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Eric is the best pinball designer right now and has thought of everything in this game along with Slash. Make it easy or hard. Your choice.

Maybe, but I don’t want to play Chaos in Quantum City numerous times a game. Is that just me?

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Almost everything I'm seeing people complain about can be changed in the settings , so you can set it up the way you want it , and what a base to work off .

I mean, I can add a huge ball saver to twd and make it 10 balls. That's not how it is intended to be played. I like leaving games at default settings so we all here can be even, when we brag about a score we all know what the baseline is. Default settings being set to "pussywillow" is sort of a turn off. But you are right. Whenever I get around to owning it I will definitely do that.

#2794 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be nice if we could enjoy the designers vision.

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Eric is the best pinball designer right now and has thought of everything

He's no Elwin.

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

He's no Elwin.

I do think Elwin is the best right now. He makes really fun layouts on a tight budget - Look at AIQ Pro - it shoots fantastic and feels fresh. But Eric's first two games have been really good, so for me he is in the same echelon.

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny to see this full circle. If you've been around for long enough you remember when everyone complained about Stern's flippers and was so excited for JJP to bring back Williams flippers.

Well its Pinside, folks scream for an original theme, out comes Dialed In and folks moan about the theme and 'its got a cell-phone in it'.
JJP 'army' moan about Stern titles, Stern 'Army' moan about JJP titles, rather than just enjoying the hobby and be thankful that games are being produced in such quantity and quality.

'Hey it's only Pinball'

#2798 3 years ago

I'd like to see JJP hire Elwin.

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, I can add a huge ball saver to twd and make it 10 balls. That's not how it is intended to be played. I like leaving games at default settings so we all here can be even, when we brag about a score we all know what the baseline is. Default settings being set to "pussywillow" is sort of a turn off. But you are right. Whenever I get around to owning it I will definitely do that.

I like to keep my machines on factory settings as well , including the out lane posts .
In The Hobbit they made a code update so you could turn off Beast multiballl during the Smaug multiball .
I didn't turn it off because I enjoy it the way it is and it helps me make progress through the game .
But it is good there's an option to turn it off if you don't like it , at the end of the day it's your game you set it uphowever you like .

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I do think Elwin is the best right now. He makes really fun layouts on a tight budget - Look at AIQ Pro - it shoots fantastic and feels fresh. But Eric's first two games have been really good, so for me he is in the same echelon.

I agree with the former, at least. Keith has made 3 machines and I would like to own all of them.

Eric has yet to make a machine I actually want to own. Play them, sure...but I have not got even the slightest itch to purchase one of his designs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
8,500 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/56?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.