pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 111.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Super good flow, and great
Whereas I was I putoff by shot rejects from GnR, but the game comes ALIVE like no other pin I've ever played.

It's crazy you say this... I had the exact same experience with GNR. It ate me up the first couple balls. My last game... my last ball... it came alive. I started paying attention to the playfield screen. Just started connecting with the code. I was blown away and can't wait to go back and play it again.

Brian

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Played the LE today. I loved it. The whole entire package. ...

These guys apparently did too!

#2703 3 years ago

Regarding airballs, seems to me they start appearing after a game has been played a bit and the targets get bent back.

On WOZ the center target was the culprit. The airballs would usually hit the bottom and sides of the munchkin playfield, but they could get airborn enough to strike the top.

On GNR the front and bottom of the headstock is protected. I can't tell if there are any targets that could launch a ball high enough to hit the top.

I doubt the balls rolling off the head would cause wear but it's easy enough to put a piece of mylar down if there is concern.

#2704 3 years ago

This pin has ruined Kaneda’s podcast.

BEST GAME EVER! PINSIDE DOESNT GET IT! LIGHTS! FLOW AND BALL INTERACTION WITH PLAYFIELD ELEMENTS MEAN NOTHING WHEN A FLASHLIGHT IS BEING WAVED IN YOUR FACE DURING GAMEPLAY! CONCERT EXPERIENCE! THIS IS GUNS AND ROSES PEOPLE!

Haven’t been this bored listening to a pinball podcast since I last tried listening to the pinball show podcast.

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

BEST GAME EVER! PINSIDE DOESNT GET IT! LIGHTS! FLOW AND BALL INTERACTION WITH PLAYFIELD ELEMENTS MEAN NOTHING WHEN A FLASHLIGHT IS BEING WAVED IN YOUR FACE DURING GAMEPLAY! CONCERT EXPERIENCE! THIS IS GUNS AND ROSES PEOPLE!

Haven’t been this bored listening to a pinball podcast since I last tried listening to the pinball show podcast.

I know something else that ruined his podcast. Rhymes with Pamela

#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

He's got bruises due to patting himself on the back too many times.

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah, I've tuned out with his constant facebook updates. It feels like he wants to be a part of the hype for the game, yet isn't on the design team, isn't in GnR, and HAS NOT PLAYED IT.

I wrote to him to tell him to just play the damn thing, Covid be damned. For as many near hourly Facebook live videos that he posts, it feels like his foot is in the door, incessantly demanding to be in the room for the hype that the CREATIVE time and GnR solely deserve.

And also, he has no idea how it feels to shoot. Which of course could 180 his vibe on the game. Yet still, he's non stop hype. Let's see where he is six months from now.

He shat Wonka all over, after praising it up and down, somewhat similarly, not quite as high as this release. Meanwhile he never praised Wonka post release for its exceptional code, butter and satisfying shots, and really balanced/not overblown theme and asset usage. (It's a stellar game!)

As much as I enjoy his vibe, opinions, and hype...this week has had me more offput by his presence than tuned in. Which sucks, as I really like many things he brings to the pinball podcast arena.

Chris, go play it OR buy one asap! Pleaseeeeee!

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:As much as I enjoy his vibe, opinions, and hype...this week has had me more offput by his presence than tuned in. Which sucks, as I really like many things he brings to the pinball podcast arena

Well said. Broken record now with all the FB live posts.

#2709 3 years ago

I believe there is more Beattle asset in GnR than the entire 25k Diamond Beattles reskin pin!

#2710 3 years ago

I can't read pages and pages of posts. can anyone let me know if there's
some gameplay video of the standard edition floating around

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Axl's dance moves don't bother me but he could stand a fashion makeover. His wardrobe falls somewhere between homeless vagabond and Kaneda.

I can’t figure why he wears a flannel shirt tied around his waist? Was that ever in style does he ever wear the shirt or just around his waist? I realize he’s rock/punk fusion but I don’t really see anyone else wearing this.

#2712 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I genuinely avoid downvotes, but really...this is the most hyperbolic of statements ever made on this board. (Obviously tongue in cheek, and made with irony.)
I was just "playing" this via Pinball Arcade last night, and still marvel at....theme integration, authentic callous, music, code, shots, etc.
It was the quintessential game of it's era, and sans modern doohickies that games presently have, it still holds it's own in gameplay, shots, and FUN!

I mean, it's just opinions. I am also one of the people who just don't understand people's love for it. I hate the theme, I dislike the gameplay, I just don't find it fun, and I LOVE most of the rest of Lawler's games.

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t figure why he wears a flannel shirt tied around his waist?

In the old music videos he wore a flannel kilt on stage, so it's a nod to that.

I finally figured out what the dirty robot and baron fighting are about. The original Appetite cover depicted the interruption of a robot rape by an avenging metal angel, but it was changed to the cross-and-skull design.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-cover-controversy/

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I finally figured out what the dirty robot and baron fighting are about. The original Appetite cover depicted the interruption of a robot rape by an avenging metal angel.

The art was still on the inside of the cassette insert after they took it off the cover fwiw. Most old school fans should be pretty familiar with it even if they didn't follow the controversy. It was pretty titillating for a 10 year old boy, I can tell you that.

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I believe there is more Beattle asset in GnR than the entire 25k Diamond Beattles reskin pin!

What Beatles assets does GnR have??

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t figure why he wears a flannel shirt tied around his waist? Was that ever in style does he ever wear the shirt or just around his waist? I realize he’s rock/punk fusion but I don’t really see anyone else wearing this.

I wear a flannel shirt tied around my waist. Are you saying it’s no longer cool?

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I kinda hope it's a software thing that can be upgraded as opposed to separate white bulbs...

Nope, white only bulbs

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny to see this full circle. If you've been around for long enough you remember when everyone complained about Stern's flippers and was so excited for JJP to bring back Williams flippers.

Set your JJP flippers to 32 and you will have a great time.

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Nope, white only bulbs

Thanks for the clarification! More $$$ to save up for, for sure!

Oh, and excellent job on the code, to you and all that worked on it!

Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, it's just opinions. I am also one of the people who just don't understand people's love for it. I hate the theme, I dislike the gameplay, I just don't find it fun, and I LOVE most of the rest of Lawler's games.

For sure man! But come on, that's akin to saying Citizen Kane is horrific, or that well...Appetite, is a weak album. Dude shat upon greatness. Totally understand views and appreciation differs, but the game is undeniably sound, and ground breaking in license usage alone.

#2720 3 years ago

I can’t get Live and Let Die and Paradise City out of my head!

I can’t wait to blow the panels off this baby. Take me down!!!!!!!!

#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t get Live and Let Die and Paradise City out of my head!
I can’t wait to blow the panels off this baby. Take me down!!!!!!!!

I’m so with you Ice. I love me some GNR and Eric and Slash just knocked this one out of the park. Looks fantastic and from a few who have played it, can’t get enough.

#2722 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What Beatles assets does GnR have??

Iceman just listed it, 3 minutes and 4 seconds of Beattle asset ! Live and Let Die. I believe the Beattles game has 15 seconds of 6 songs? Something like this, anyway just sayin. Watch the straight down the middle review they have played the crap out of it and can barely contain themselves!

#2723 3 years ago

Each of the 6 jersey jack coders chose songs and made their own modes which apparently all are like mini wizard modes, and obviously due to the variety of coders, are completely different and unique! This machine has been taken to a level we have never seen and I hope gets repeated by all manufacturers! Well done JJP! I'm with ICE can't wait to blow this puppy up!

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Iceman just listed it, 3 minutes and 4 seconds of Beattle asset ! Live and Let Die. I believe the Beattles game has 15 seconds of 6 songs?

That song was written by Paul McCartney when he was with Wings. Has nothing to do with the Beatles.

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That song was written by Paul McCartney when he was with Wings. Has nothing to do with the Beatles.

Sorry my man. Had to

30BA4CDB-F729-4E19-88C4-D8171DB9E1F0 (resized).jpeg30BA4CDB-F729-4E19-88C4-D8171DB9E1F0 (resized).jpeg
#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

You of course are right however you get the point I hope. Since Paul personally gave the asset to Slash to put in the game in its entirety.

#2727 3 years ago

Since so many are declaring the obvious, that there are no mechs/toys in GNR, Kman’s new crazy marketing angle is: “the whole game is the mech”???

Lol, so no company needs to put mechs/toys in their games any longer, by just declaring, games like GNR that only have a couple of ramps and pop bumpers, with a scoop, is the mech?

...we are living in new looney pinball times, if that’s the case. Lol

Kman has lost the plot in his bid for a job at JJP.

(Good job Slash, getting Paul to sign off on using one of his songs, as a GNR cover song.) The light show is amazing on that song!

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol wtf.. better ruleset on ACDC and MET? Maiden is great sure, but there aint no way that GNR will have worse rules and the formers. You wont have the boring lets shoot the bash toy over and over to start MB. GNR was given the effort that players deserve..... If only GAZ gave a shit

You just hate Metallica so much you won't even look at mine when you come over.

#2729 3 years ago

I don’t really see much negative options on this game overall. Majority super positive in fact. It’s easy to focus on the handful of constant complainers but overall the reaction has been extremely positive.

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well said. Broken record now with all the FB live posts.

Thanks man!

I just wish he'd really get his dingus in, I mean near a machine, and blow some........quarters ffs!

He just seems really GnR pent up, and frustrated! And I get it. Loves the theme, it looks amazing to people on the outside looking in, so just get on with it man!

#2731 3 years ago

THIS. GAME. IS. AMAZING. In on a LE!

#2732 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

$9500 to get a complete game now? I'll stick with Stern Premiums thank you very much

Quoted from EricHadley:

#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Did you play it?

#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Iceman just listed it, 3 minutes and 4 seconds of Beattle asset ! Live and Let Die. I believe the Beattles game has 15 seconds of 6 songs? Something like this, anyway just sayin. Watch the straight down the middle review they have played the crap out of it and can barely contain themselves!

Live and let die is a song by Wings (Paul and Linda McCartney) not the Beatles.

#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Did you play it?

YESSSSSSSS. I am still bitter the LE is missing a mech. BUT It’s an awesome game!

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

YESSSSSSSS. I am still bitter the LE is missing a mech. BUT It’s an awesome game!

What Mech on the LE!

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What Mech on the LE!

Coma ball save.

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What Mech on the LE!

The CE has the left drain ball lock that the LE doesn’t

#2739 3 years ago

It's "Sir" Paul McCartney.

Just thought I'd jump in on the nitpick party. lol

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's "Sir" Paul McCartney.
Just thought I'd jump in on the nitpick party. lol

Not if you live in ‘Merica

#2741 3 years ago

Van Es and I played the GNR at Blue Moon Bar in Madison, WI today. (the premium edition)

Very cool game! Lots of shots and diverters to modify them. The six ball lock on the fret is awesome! A very dense layout with loads of verticality.

The RGB strip light show is less impressive in person though. On camera it blooms and blends better, in real life it looks, well, kind of like an RGB light strip.

Cool camera integration, for instance the top player's photo is placed onto a VIP badge next to Axl when the game is over.

I look forward to playing it again!

PXL_20201009_164509091 (resized).jpgPXL_20201009_164509091 (resized).jpg
#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Coma ball save.

This? If so, the CE has to stand out.

5366D3E5-837A-4BE5-9E8A-01633325DF88 (resized).jpeg5366D3E5-837A-4BE5-9E8A-01633325DF88 (resized).jpeg
#2743 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This? If so, the CE has to stand out.
[quoted image]

Well, the CE stands out for quite a few reasons. On top of the reasons the LE stands out. Which stands out...on top of the reasons the SE stands out.

It's a standout sandwich of Rock N' Roll luuuuuv!

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well, the CE stands out for quite a few reasons. On top of the reasons the LE stands out. Which stands out...on top of the reasons the SE stands out.
It's a standout sandwich of Rock N' Roll luuuuuv!

Outstanding ?

#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cool camera integration, for instance the top player's photo is placed onto a VIP badge next to Axl when the game is over.
[quoted image]

Axl? Big fan of the band!!

#2746 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’m not as big a fan as chuckwurt or Whysnow but I think it’s been pretty good.

Loved the Ben Heck episode.

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Are you for real? Maiden sure, great game... Aside from potentially code which aint going to happen tell me 1 thing that ACDC or MET (no not the theme) would have over GNR?
Opps. sorry didnt realize this post was before the release... but yeah feel free to compare

Less multiballs ?

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone can explain to me why you enjoy Axl Rose? I never understood this.
A feminin looking and singing dude with rude attitude and the UGLIEST DANCE MOVES a man can do (side body wave!!!111).
Maybe its just me, but thats not what i want to see or hear when i listen to rock stuff.

Ya, kinda wish JJp was doing led zeppelin.. but it would definitely need more mech engineering than a drum symbol on the pops. Metallica/ACDC mechs, with JJp quality.

#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Van Es and I played the GNR at Blue Moon Bar in Madison, WI today. (the premium edition)
Very cool game! Lots of shots and diverters to modify them. The six ball lock on the fret is awesome! A very dense layout with loads of verticality.
The RGB strip light show is less impressive in person though. On camera it blooms and blends better, in real life it looks, well, kind of like an RGB light strip.
[quoted image]

You think the LE/CE is a good candidate for mirror blades? #morebloom

#2750 3 years ago

In on an LE, not sure why I waited till today. First NIB and first JJP. Watched 5 other JJPs come and go, but not this time. Wish I wouldn’t have skipped any of them. My buddy down the road just got his first pin a few months ago and also just went in on an LE. 2881 and 2882 if order numbers mean anything. Looks like it could be a long winter but I hope not.

Both direct from JJP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 49.99
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
7,500 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/55?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.