pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 111.
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That may need a cliffy just for all the balls that will be rolling over that edge over time. As many as 6 at a time, I would think it will eventually erode.

It actually doesn't look like an easy one piece Cliffy to make? It might have to be multiple pieces. The person who commented about the edge of the WOZ upper play field was absolutely correct, but that was due to air balls.

#2652 3 years ago

For anyone who missed it , Buffalo pinball unboxing video .
I love how shiny the new decals are with the new protective film .

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It actually doesn't look like an easy one piece Cliffy to make? It might have to be multiple pieces. The person who commented about the edge of the WOZ upper play field was absolutely correct, but that was due to air balls.

Yeah I get that, in all the streams so far which was at least 4 hours of video of gameplay, I don’t think a saw a single airball.

Now I’m not saying there won’t be any but in my experience targets, slings that are too strong and wonky ramps have been the main culprits.

I’m not seeing that on this...yet

Yes probably a two piece upper and lower edge cliffy or a one piece wraparound that covers the whole thing. Not sure.

Did they Mylar the PF where the balls land on release?

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i wasnt referring to the actual flat playfield, i was talking about this edge.
[quoted image]

I'm not sure if you're a guitar player, if you are, you would recognize a broken Gibson headstock is more authentic.

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I just prefer the snappy feel that Stern has with the flippers.

It's funny to see this full circle. If you've been around for long enough you remember when everyone complained about Stern's flippers and was so excited for JJP to bring back Williams flippers.

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Do you love a band who hasn't been relevant since 1987 to pony up another $10,000 for them?
God I hope they didnt waste eric on this theme.

Well the “cool kids” do?

Some people would rather dork out over the rules and tournament play of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The pinside dorkability factor is in full force

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm not sure if you're a guitar player, if you are, you would recognize a broken Gibson headstock is more authentic.

I pride the dings in my real Guitar headstocks, and these are on $5000 Gibson's and the like....Badges of character. Posers pay good money for "authenticated wear" replica's of their guitar hero's go to axe's as well.

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I get that, in all the streams so far which was at least 4 hours of video of gameplay, I don’t think a saw a single airball.
Now I’m not saying there won’t be any but in my experience targets, slings that are too strong and wonky ramps have been the main culprits.
I’m not seeing that on this...yet
Yes probably a two piece upper and lower edge cliffy or a one piece wraparound that covers the whole thing. Not sure.
Did they Mylar the PF where the balls land on release?

One of the JJP guys stated in the video that there was mylar installed in areas where the ball drops onto the play field.

#2659 3 years ago

Put 10 games on it now. Beautiful looking game in person and the quality of the machine is very incredible. It was sitting next to a Rick and Morty at the bar I played it at and there is just no comparison in quality.
That being said GNR still felt floaty and slow to me like other JJP games I have played in the past and the flippers at least on this one just felt soft / not snappy. Played a TMNT LE and Avengers LE at the same location and those shot much better. I still feel Dialed in is the best shooter by JJP.
I tried getting the blutooth audio to work and it just kept failing to connect to my apple airpod pros. Hopefully they can get this fixed for location play because the bar was loud.
I had ordered an LE but canceled my order after playing the game. I will maybe pick one up down the road but as people have been saying and after playing it I agree the game is way to multiball heavy for me and I honestly got bored. I much preferred the gameplay from Avengers LE and TMNT LE. Those two games had much better flow and I just prefer the snappy feel that Stern has with the flippers.

I live in the area, what bar did you go to play these games?

#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Made me chuckle, thanks! Yeah ive been known to play alittle guitar. I got the exact same headstock and its alittle banged up. I prefer my Strat over it though just has silky smooth action to it. One of my life long friends is grabbing a GnR and i just know he would hate for any dents to happen like WOZ did is why i said anything.

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

One of the JJP guys stated in the video that there was mylar installed in areas where the ball drops onto the play field.

Good to know, didn’t remember that.

#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh, good...so we get plastic-covered dimples then?

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Better than POTC style chipping

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not sure we know that yet....ball doesn't drop very far, but only time will tell

#2665 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Better than POTC style chipping

I think your observation of the ball rolling over the edge is the greater concern (if at all)? The ball rolls over really slow so maybe it won't matter in the long run? I don't see air balls being an issue in that area

#2666 3 years ago

I like how the instruction cards are magnetic and there is artwork underneath them .

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This hit it on the head. I’ve never understood the people that come in here to try and make a laugh by showing unflattering pictures of Axl with stupid captions like “we’ve got fries and pies”
First of all, Axl Rose was better looking than ANY of the people that I’ve ever seen on pinside. I’ve seen some of you at the pinball shows, theres no horn to toot.
Second of all, he’s much older now, and even with that said, he’s not what I would consider overweight, in fact the last two shows I saw of them in 2016, he looked perfectly fine.... it’s just funny how so many people apparently care about what Axl Rose looks like now, because of what he once looked like then, the dude was and still is a total bad ass that lives in a Malibu mansion, and still can rock with the best of them.

Dude, speak for yourself. I was good looking till I quit going to the gym and got fat.

#2668 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

I live in the area, what bar did you go to play these games?

Drove to Madison
Blue Moon Bar

They have an awesome collection.

#2669 3 years ago

Just checking back after a few days if my opinion has been made for me how I should feel about the game or if discussion was still ongoing?
Once it is decided please let me know

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Just checking back after a few days if my opinion has been made for me how I should feel about the game or if discussion was still ongoing?
Once it is decided please let me know

Yeah it’s made, just go buy it

#2671 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny to see this full circle. If you've been around for long enough you remember when everyone complained about Stern's flippers and was so excited for JJP to bring back Williams flippers.

They might be WMS mechs but there’s definitely a delay and/or speed issue with them versus Stern. Fliptronic were direct wired and these are CPU controlled so that might be the main reason for the difference.

#2672 3 years ago

Saw this on Facebook, it's great to see Jack at the factory! Now where's the cartwheel

120998601_3791538484198053_5562841132348929889_o (resized).jpg120998601_3791538484198053_5562841132348929889_o (resized).jpg

#2673 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Saw this on Facebook, it's great to see Jack at the factory! Now where's the cartwheel
[quoted image]

Nice...It sounds like he was pretty instrumental in nailing down the license for GNR, and clearly his past efforts is what drove GNR to him in the first place. I'm a little surprised he wasn't more involved with the launch, but its the new JJP

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We have a KISS pro that with a couple of burnt out spotlights sitting next to a WOZRR. For me, the KISS pro is WAY more fun & gets more plays.

If you perhaps feel the need to move on from that KISS Pro to fund a new GnR, I'm your dude.

#2675 3 years ago

The album art on the spinning disc is random for each pin right? I think during Buffalo's unboxing video Eric mentioned that Chinese Democracy, Spaghetti Incident, and Lies were options.. does anyone know if its all of GNR albums or just a select few?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

The album art on the spinning disc is random for each pin right? I think during Buffalo's unboxing video Eric mentioned that Chinese Democracy, Spaghetti Incident, and Lies were options.. does anyone know if its all of GNR albums or just a select few?

I've seen UYI I, so I assume II is available as well.

#2677 3 years ago

I think this game looks pretty monumental. It appears to me in a normal game you will only play a handful of song modes. And you get to choose how many balls you want to play it with. How cool is that? I’m still pretty unclear what the modes are like, if they are just shoot the lights of a certain color or a bit more interesting. It looks like if you are down to one ball you’re still in the multiball which makes it different than typical multiballs. That your goal is to play modes for a certain amount of time in order to progress to the album modes is, at least to my knowledge, a new idea. And if you complete the song you can start the next mode. It kind of upgrades the meaning of the song in the game. It sounds like the album modes themselves are kind of like MET Crank it up modes, but with 4 different qualities depending on how many minutes of album songs you did play. And you can build up to them in parallel which I think is a nice twist. I haven’t a clue about the tour features, TWIP mentioned it’s related to the orbits. I for one really like the spinning disk, I’d enjoy it more I reckon if Slash’s hat spun with it. I also really like that the pops have a lot of space around them and there are multiple paths to and from them. In so many games the pops are confined to such a small area. I really like that the songs are not running all the time, but just during the song modes (maybe at other times, too). That new music was created for other phases of the game is a really big plus in my view - and this by members of the band! I’m a big fan of pinball light shows and it looks like this game does not disappoint. Ironically, the concert footage doesn’t mean much to me, but as long as you see important infos, that’s fine. Back in the day it was cool to hate G n R so I never really got into them. I’ve been listening the last few weeks a lot and it’s definitely good stuff. Maybe the game is missing that game defing toy (and I’m a big toy fan), but the diverters at the headstock of the Fender base and the 3 ball paths down the left side of the game, the six ball lock on the Les Paul headstock, the diverter at the Marshall amps and the upper playfield are actually all pretty cool and fairly unique toys. And cudos to the drumsticks on the right ramp.

#2678 3 years ago

Not here yet.

My poster just got here, to replace my Willy Wonka poster in the door.

LTG : )

DSC00357 (resized).JPGDSC00357 (resized).JPGDSC00358 (resized).JPGDSC00358 (resized).JPG
#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If you perhaps feel the need to move on from that KISS Pro to fund a new GnR, I'm your dude.

No chance.

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

It's the six studio albums - those three plus Appetite and the two Use Your Illusions.

#2681 3 years ago

Anyone can explain to me why you enjoy Axl Rose? I never understood this.
A feminin looking and singing dude with rude attitude and the UGLIEST DANCE MOVES a man can do (side body wave!!!111).
Maybe its just me, but thats not what i want to see or hear when i listen to rock stuff.

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

A feminin looking and singing dude with rude attitude and the UGLIEST DANCE MOVES a man can do (side body wave!!!111).
Maybe its just me, but thats not what i want to see or hear when i listen to rock stuff.

I only saw GnR live once - in 2016....so the only live Axl I know is that Axl. I thought his energy was great, he was dancing like nobody was watching.
How could you not love this guy?

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Maybe Bieber is more your cup of tea.

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

If you have to ask, then it's not for you. Just like I don't listen to hiphop..Music is subjective. You either like it or not. When I hear GnR, I think of 1986 in highschool and they were the band to surpass all the glittery hair bands...You had Def Leppard and other amazing talent in those days, but along comes Gun's out of nowhere...raw, unpolished, straight up dirty old fashioned American Rock...it's really that simple.

#2685 3 years ago

I guess i'm dump to write that in a GnR thread , thx fooflighter for the insight. Since im younger and from europe it may just not be my taste.

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I guess i'm dump to write that in a GnR thread , thx fooflighter for the insight. Since im younger and from europe it may just not be my taste.

Yep, no worries, it was jarring back in '86 and '87 when they hit the scene, which is why I think they broke out as big as they did. I can remember the first time I heard/saw Welcome to the Jungle...it was genre changing, just like Nirvana with Smells like Teen Spirit etc...just a moment captured in time that conjures up emotions and nostalgia which at face value is just songs, but delving deeper, each song represents a historical impact and story. Especially in formative years...my "Golden Age" of music is from 85-93, I'm 47 now, and the music sticks with you for life...and there are a lot of people my age, where a theme like GnR resonates deeply. Warts and all

#2687 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

...the UGLIEST DANCE MOVES a man can do

Axl's dance moves don't bother me but he could stand a fashion makeover. His wardrobe falls somewhere between homeless vagabond and Kaneda.

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

David Hasselhoff maybe?

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

David Hasselhoff maybe?

haha yeah i loved knight rider and go check out this soundtrack, its awesome

#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i wasnt referring to the actual flat playfield, i was talking about this edge.
[quoted image]

I guessing that a clear plastic mod could be developed to protect it

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

JJP games feel different to me than a williams game. Honestly you can put a blindfold on me and I would probably be able to detect if I am flipping a Williams game, or at JJP game!

#2692 3 years ago

JJP games feel different to me than a williams game. Honestly you can put a blindfold on me and I would probably be able to detect if I am flipping a Williams game, or at JJP game!

CGC games feel different than Williams games as well. No one has been able to re-create the greatness of WPC flippers.

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

TAF is a bad game. The others are fine. I wouldn’t say that Any of them have terrible flow but would creature be better with an orbit? Yes. Flow makes games better. Period. I’m not saying everything has to be lightning fast but a lot of stop and go gets old fast.

I genuinely avoid downvotes, but really...this is the most hyperbolic of statements ever made on this board. (Obviously tongue in cheek, and made with irony.)

I was just "playing" this via Pinball Arcade last night, and still marvel at....theme integration, authentic callous, music, code, shots, etc.

It was the quintessential game of it's era, and sans modern doohickies that games presently have, it still holds it's own in gameplay, shots, and FUN!

#2694 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wait until you try complete song mode where you can’t die.
Endless Multiball was bad let’s talk about endless ball save. Uff
This game is catering to non pinheads.

Not so much. Getting to start the song can be somewhat challenging. Though again, I suck, and few tries on the game.

I feel like the song IS the reward for clean shot making. And once the song starts, sound kicks up higher, lights strobe amazingly, it's like you're sucked into the machine and concert. Time isn't really an issue, because it's just SO...damn...FUN!

Quoted from BazilBLast:

That's good to hear . Having an outer orbit is a must-have for me .
Nothing like hitting a clean shot and seeing the ball fly around the edge of the whole playfield , especially on a wide body like the Hobbit .

It's a real nice, long loop. Definitely Hobbit-esque, and very Houdini like.

Can whip around fast depending on the shot, or lounge about nice and slow, and the Train animation that pops up from shooting the orbit is IMMACULATE!

#2695 3 years ago

Played the LE today. I loved it. The whole entire package. Played Avengers LE for the first time today too. Also, a very fun pin. It's just a really awesome time to be a part of the pinball hobby.

Cheers, everyone. Have a great weekend.

Brian

#2696 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

TAF is a bad game. The others are fine. I wouldn’t say that Any of them have terrible flow but would creature be better with an orbit? Yes. Flow makes games better. Period. I’m not saying everything has to be lightning fast but a lot of stop and go gets old fast.

Every person and game is different...some people like mode based stop and go games....some don't....some love fast flow games...some don't....some games cross between the two....U may think TAF is a bad game, but most don't....honestly I can't remember when I played a really bad game. They are all fun in their own way....now maybe I wouldn't spend thousands to have one at the house, but its far from bad.

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Played the LE today. I loved it. The whole entire package. Played Avengers LE for the first time today too. Also, a very fun pin. It's just a really awesome time to be a part of the pinball hobby.
Brian

HOW DARE YOU, “BRIAN”!?! (If in fact that IS your real name!?!)

PICK A SIDE!!!

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Brian

I had the same experience on Tuesday! So much fun!

Loved some of the shots on Avengers LE and Pro, but the polish, sound design, code, and production level of GnR makes it a non comparison in many ways. First time I've ever felt bad for Elwin, due to being hindered by Stern, yet at the same time able to pump out games so quickly!

Super good flow, and great wireforms on Avengers, but I didn't feel any interest in the code, battles felt flat, lifeless. And ironically the shots seem too easy, compared to JP2.

Whereas I was I putoff by shot rejects from GnR, but the game comes ALIVE like no other pin I've ever played.

I want more time on both, and most of all, more skill as a player to properly enjoy both...and of course more $$$$ to own both!

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

CGC games feel different than Williams games as well. No one has been able to re-create the greatness of WPC flippers.

I read every single one of your posts in birdman voice.

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Loved some of the shots on Avengers LE and Pro, but the polish, sound design, code, and production level of GnR makes it a non comparison in many ways.

I think Stern has been doing pretty well lately code wise, considering they're putting out 3 to 4 games a year. The polish JJP is able to give to their code with their slower release schedule is one of the things I really like about their games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.