pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 111.
#2601 3 years ago

I’d like to see a closer look at the upper PF in action.

Can someone do a upper PF isolation video even with glass off is ok so I can see how it shoots?

Thanks

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This all day and I kinda hope it's a software thing that can be upgraded as opposed to separate white bulbs...

If the SE has the same lightbar code as in the LE and CE, then one would hope that it would not be too complicated to switch out the white LED strip inside the SE lightbars for RGB ones.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My GnR conclusion.
Game looks great for theme integration. Maybe the best ever?
Game looks like it is not fun to shoot. Two short ramps. Upper playfield doesn't look fun. Upper playfield drop leads directly to the right out lane.
I am interested to see if the SE model resolves some of these issues.

The game is fun to shoot.

#2604 3 years ago

Don't get your hopes up on that one.

Quoted from fridgejam:

If the SE has the same lightbar code as in the LE and CE, then one would hope that it would not be too complicated to switch out the white LED strip inside the SE lightbars for RGB ones.

#2605 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

From all streams it's really hard to understand what to do. There's so many multiballs, it all looks like flipping without a purpose.

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

From all streams it's really hard to understand what to do. There's so many multiballs, it all looks like flipping without a purpose.

The mini screen in the back tells you EXACTLY what to do. When in doubt, check it out.

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Flipper strength is adjustable.

Yeah true, but there aint a JJP that I have played where the flippers feel as snappy as a Stern..

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The way they used the rails differs completely depending on what song you are in and what is happening. The attention to detail is off the charts on how the light show is coded.

I get that part of it, kudos to them for the solid integration. I'm just not sold on a ton of direct lighting that flashes right in the player's eyes. You can say "It's a rock concert" and get away with it a little because of the theme, but I think people typically avoid direct to player lighting because it causes you to lose track of the ball. Streaming cameras don't do LEDs any favors either.

Can't wait to play it and see it for myself though.

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Theyve deifinitly struggled with the artowrk on these entry price games - especially compared to Stern.

I certainly agree that the LE is a piece of artwork compared to the SE. Personally I can deal with it because in my game room you can barely see the side of the cabinet anyways. Also while I love all the extra stuff on the LE I still see the SE as a full enough experience, especially when I could justify buying an SE without feeling like I need to sell another game.

Im unsure about your comment that they struggle with artwork on entry games compared to Stern. I own Jurassic Park Pro that GNR will be sitting next to. Both entry level ugly cabinets, but I certainly find GnR SE the lesser of 2 evils in that department. JP Pro is hideous!

I will still love my entry level ugly children all the same

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Don't get your hopes up on that one.

I won't, but JJP if you are listening, I'd bet there would be a lot of SE owners who'd be happy to pay a few hundred more for an upgrade kit to make those SE light bars colour.

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wait until you try complete song mode where you can’t die.
Endless Multiball was bad let’s talk about endless ball save. Uff
This game is catering to non pinheads.

From what i have seen i also think so. But thats not a bad thing in general, just for "us".

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah true, but there aint a JJP that I have played where the flippers feel as snappy as a Stern..

True for Dialed In, but my WOZ has the same punch and snappiness as my deadpool

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I won't, but JJP if you are listening, I'd bet there would be a lot of SE owners who'd be happy to pay a few hundred more for an upgrade kit to make those SE light bars colour.

Count me in.

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Lets not get crazy. JJP, 79.95 for an RGB strip, thats my fair offer Also, 149.95 for the mechanical stage lights, haha.

#2615 3 years ago

I like the layout and the shots look fun to me.

I really don't have a problem with what's there...I just wish there was one mechanical beast of a toy in it.

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

he said "game looks like it is not fun to shoot"...then he didn't play it yet. what this kind of statement can worth?

#2617 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The mini screen in the back tells you EXACTLY what to do. When in doubt, check it out.

i hope inserts tell you too what to shoot

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does the upper right flipper serve much of a purpose during song modes? -Are there times that its use is required to progress by shooting that side loop? In most of the video I've watched it seems to be underutilized.

#2619 3 years ago

What does the upper right flipper shoot at?

#2620 3 years ago

Game looks amazing in all aspects. Love the use of drumsticks and guitar elemets on the playfield, very creative, bravo!
The heavy use of multiballs could be adjusted by making the song multiballs a 2-ball multiball with no possibility to add balls during such multiball and no, or short, ball save times. That may make a lot of difference.

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i hope inserts tell you too what to shoot

They do. If you play a song from Appetite for example, the song shoots will be red/yellow. Color depends on the album the song is from. There are also callouts telling you where to shoot obviously.

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does the upper right flipper serve much of a purpose during song modes? -Are there times that its use is required to progress by shooting that side loop? In most of the video I've watched it seems to be underutilized.

Yes the inner loop is a shoot you need to hit in some song modes.

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What does the upper right flipper shoot at?

Upper right flipper has a repeatable loop (the Travel insert). You can also use it to hit the "Light Coma" target and the "Jam" standup target. Depending on where the post is for the spinning album, you can use the upper flipper to hit it also. Also remember the piano keys are the new non mechanical switches.

middle (resized).pngmiddle (resized).png

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I certainly agree that the LE is a piece of artwork compared to the SE. Personally I can deal with it because in my game room you can barely see the side of the cabinet anyways. Also while I love all the extra stuff on the LE I still see the SE as a full enough experience, especially when I could justify buying an SE without feeling like I need to sell another game.
Im unsure about your comment that they struggle with artwork on entry games compared to Stern. I own Jurassic Park Pro that GNR will be sitting next to. Both entry level ugly cabinets, but I certainly find GnR SE the lesser of 2 evils in that department. JP Pro is hideous!
I will still love my entry level ugly children all the same

We have a KISS pro that with a couple of burnt out spotlights sitting next to a WOZRR. For me, the KISS pro is WAY more fun & gets more plays.

#2625 3 years ago

Looking over the game the Gibson head will need some kind of protector to not smash that nice front edge with air balls, similar to WOZ spinning house playfield edge did.

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I like the layout and the shots look fun to me.
I really don't have a problem with what's there...I just wish there was one mechanical beast of a toy in it.

I mentioned before a bash Marshall Amp or like MM have two Marhsall Amps pop up or just one pop up blocking the scoop during song play.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I mentioned before a bash Marshall Amp or like MM have two Marhsall Amps pop up or just one pop up blocking the scoop during song play.

Like a Stage Door lock you have to bash - like the Sanctum magnet - to start a song.

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Looking over the game the Gibson head will need some kind of protector to not smash that nice front edge with air balls, similar to WOZ spinning house playfield edge did.

I think it will be fine. Not the best pic, but there are metal ball guides coming off of the guitar head that should prevent any airballs from getting to the wood.

Screenshot_20201009-102604_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201009-102604_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2629 3 years ago

Put 10 games on it now. Beautiful looking game in person and the quality of the machine is very incredible. It was sitting next to a Rick and Morty at the bar I played it at and there is just no comparison in quality.

That being said GNR still felt floaty and slow to me like other JJP games I have played in the past and the flippers at least on this one just felt soft / not snappy. Played a TMNT LE and Avengers LE at the same location and those shot much better. I still feel Dialed in is the best shooter by JJP.

I tried getting the blutooth audio to work and it just kept failing to connect to my apple airpod pros. Hopefully they can get this fixed for location play because the bar was loud.

I had ordered an LE but canceled my order after playing the game. I will maybe pick one up down the road but as people have been saying and after playing it I agree the game is way to multiball heavy for me and I honestly got bored. I much preferred the gameplay from Avengers LE and TMNT LE. Those two games had much better flow and I just prefer the snappy feel that Stern has with the flippers.

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Front edge is already protected.

#2631 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I think it will be fine. Not the best pic, but there are metal ball guides coming off of the guitar head that should prevent any airballs from getting to the wood.
[quoted image]

Im referring to the upper edge. One good airball and smash city. I didnt think WOZ would do it either but it did it alot, suck to have a 10k toy with a dent right in your face everytime you play. Be worth a mod guy to make some kind of protection.

#2632 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Theyve deifinitly struggled with the artowrk on these entry price games - especially compared to Stern.

I disagree. With Wonka, I actually preferred the SE artwork. It was much cleaner and less busy than the LE and CE. But that's just my taste. I like a more minimalist approach to artwork at times - less is more.

Quoted from fridgejam:

You already can pay more to get that feature. It's called an LE.

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

+: innovations - cymbols, guitar head, drum sticks, spinner, LCD in playfield shoing info that backbox lcd cant cos band is playing
-: Weakish flippers...

Did they work with SpaceX, you think?

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Front edge is already protected.

I was going off your picture actually. I see the lower protection but whats protecting the top edge? If theres something there that im not seeing sorry just dont want you guys to have dented headstocks since its so nice looking

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Why not wrap it in saran wrap (The one without the printing on it). Then you can peel and pull and adjust as needed.

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I disagree. With Wonka, I actually preferred the SE artwork. It was much cleaner and less busy than the LE and CE. But that's just my taste. I like a more minimalist approach to artwork at times - less is more.

I disagree. Would love to have the LE light show without the upper playfield.

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes the inner loop is a shoot you need to hit in some song modes.

Thanks! So there are times in the game when that loop is the "only" shot that is required? -not one of a series of lit song shots? From the gameplay I've watched it seems like I've only seen that upper flipper loop shot a handful of times. Seems like the left orbit is another one that doesn't get shot very often. I was curious whether this is a game that forces you to use the entire layout to progress throughout the game?

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Why not wrap it in saran wrap (The one without the printing on it). Then you can peel and pull and adjust as needed.

LOL! hey whatever floats your boat. I have 6 guitars and i know how much i hate when one gets any scratches or dents and how WOZ edge looked after hundred plays or so. Sorry for trying to look out for the most noticeable nicest looking piece on the game.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Put 10 games on it now. Beautiful looking game in person and the quality of the machine is very incredible. It was sitting next to a Rick and Morty at the bar I played it at and there is just no comparison in quality.
That being said GNR still felt floaty and slow to me like other JJP games I have played in the past and the flippers at least on this one just felt soft / not snappy. Played a TMNT LE and Avengers LE at the same location and those shot much better. I still feel Dialed in is the best shooter by JJP.
I tried getting the blutooth audio to work and it just kept failing to connect to my apple airpod pros. Hopefully they can get this fixed for location play because the bar was loud.
I had ordered an LE but canceled my order after playing the game. I will maybe pick one up down the road but as people have been saying and after playing it I agree the game is way to multiball heavy for me and I honestly got bored. I much preferred the gameplay from Avengers LE and TMNT LE. Those two games had much better flow and I just prefer the snappy feel that Stern has with the flippers.

I agree with everything you said and felt the same way. I played this on Tuesday and been saying that over and over but nobody seems to care since I'm not a Pinside celebrity. Smart move is to wait and just pickup a HUO LE after the owner finds out it's over hyped.

#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes pay 2800 for a $50 upgrade- lol

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I was going off your picture actually. I see the lower protection but whats protecting the top edge? If theres something there that im not seeing sorry just dont want you guys to have dented headstocks since its so nice looking

Let's move on to dimples. Someone get that low angle, with the light just right....

How do you enjoy this hobby with such worries? I admit that manufacturing defects are a concern, but ball wear is... Ball wear. I laugh when I see plastic chunks fly across the pf. That means I'm taking the fun to a new level! Dents mean you've put some miles on your machine, badges of Honor. It's all perspective.

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I agree with everything you said and felt the same way. I played this on Tuesday and been saying that over and over but nobody seems to care since i'm not a Pinside celebrity. Smart move is to wait and just pickup a HUO LE after the owner finds out it's over hyped.

I care for thanks for the honest feedback

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Let's move on to dimples. Someone get that low angle, with the light just right....
How do you enjoy this hobby with such worries? I admit that manufacturing defects are a concern, but ball wear is... Ball wear. I laugh when I see plastic chunks fly across the pf. That means I'm taking the fun to a new level! Dents mean you've put some miles on your machine, badges of Honor. It's all perspective.

i wasnt referring to the actual flat playfield, i was talking about this edge.

Inkeda38f1f355d82309bf9196e8de843705df2636c3d_LI (resized).jpgInkeda38f1f355d82309bf9196e8de843705df2636c3d_LI (resized).jpg
#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

[quoted image]

That may need a cliffy just for all the balls that will be rolling over that edge over time. As many as 6 at a time, I would think it will eventually erode.

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That may need a cliffy just for all the balls that will be rolling over that edge over time. As many as 6 at a time, I would think it will eventually erode.

Id be more worried about air balls then balls rolling over it. Doesnt anybody remember WOZ spinning house playfield.

#2646 3 years ago

damn double post, lol!

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

[quoted image]

You're actually correct. It's the same wear as any other edge the ball is rolling over. Maybe someone can figure out a solution.

Cliff - are you looking in on this discussion?

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id be more worried about air balls then balls rolling over it. Doesnt anybody remember WOZ spinning house playfield.

So what is the ball hitting that creates the airballs your concerned about?

Only thing I see is a scoop but that doesn’t appear to deflect balls straight up if it even can cause an Airball at all.

I think a cliffy would prevent all potential issues.

#2649 3 years ago

Will the real Darth Vader please stand up

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So what is the ball hitting that creates the airballs your concerned about?
Only thing I see is a scoop but that doesn’t appear to deflect balls straight up if it even can cause an Airball at all.
I think a cliffy would prevent all potential issues.

A cliffy would prevent issues. Im thinking during the massive amount you will be in multiball when 2 balls smash each other and one flies up and hits that bare edge and dents it, id hate for that to happen! Think about how loud and hard balls jump up and hit glass sometimes now imagine the ball hitting a bare edge like that. Just trying to look out for you guys cause when it happens it will be right in your face everytime you play. I hated that my WOZ did it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/53?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.