pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 111.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

t's so bad it almost appears intentional to push home collectors towards the LE.

It really looks that way - Wonka was like placeholder art. And this is just.....unusual.

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Izzy was the brains behind GnR. He wrote or cowrote most of the sons. I'm a GnR fan and would love to hear some new music from them, but I have to set the bar lower because Izzy won't be part of the writing process.
As for sober line up? Axl has always been surprisingly soberish throughout his career. Slash is sober, and Duff...I'm not sure. Rumour has it in Velvet Revolver only Slash was the sober one...meaning Duff was potentially still using. Even though Duff was a dude that kind of got Scott Weiland sober through martial arts, Scott still said in an interview that Slash was the only sober one in the band.
Axl did sound surprisingly good during the NITL tour. But GnR needs Izzy and man....they need Adler. When Adler played a few shows on the tour it was just emotional man. Adler was a kid again, the band was closer to being THE BAND!
Either way....this is pinball, and the pin ROCKS. Sure could of been tweaked, but we can say that about any machine made.

I’ve read every book on Guns N’ Roses that I’ve been able to get my hands on, I know all the stories. I’ve been a huge fan for decades.

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It really looks that way - Wonka was like placeholder art. And this is just.....unusual.

Obviously I am in the minority, but I prefer the se & ce cabinet

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The SE has to be the faster game, also I am not a good enough player to deal with a upper playfield during multi balls.

Lol hard same. Really my biggest worry on SE is how the white light rails play compared to the LE. If the light show is roughly the same someow I can see snagging an SE (although that Gibson head is sweet).

#2555 3 years ago

I’m sure the SE will be a blast to play. The bones are there for sure. Most of the awesome atmosphere and light show remains. I bet the SE is realllllly fast.

#2556 3 years ago

What rubber do they use in these games? My first order of business will be changing the red flipper rubbers to transparent Titan ones to match the rest of the transparent rubbers in this

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I switched from LE to SE today, was told it is shipping next week.

Congrats!... Probably I’ll be crucified here, but I must say that I do like the Art of the SE(my personal opinion), that’s an amazing game for a good price. You will have soon the privilege of owning one beautiful GN’R at home.

Cheers Bearcat!

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Obviously I am in the minority, but I prefer the se & ce cabinet

Your not....SE looks pretty good...and the CE is by far the best overall package

#2559 3 years ago

The SE is the most interesting one to me and the one that I would consider. It’s borderline criminal that they gimped the light bars to not be RGB. Like seriously? Removing an upper playfield and a 6 ball guitar lock wasn’t enough?

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The SE is the most interesting one to me and the one that I would consider. It’s borderline criminal that they gimped the light bars to not be RGB. Like seriously? Removing an upper playfield and a 6 ball guitar lock wasn’t enough?

This all day and I kinda hope it's a software thing that can be upgraded as opposed to separate white bulbs...

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

This all day and I kinda hope it's a software thing that can be upgraded as opposed to separate white bulbs...

I'd assume they're white bulbs versus color.

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You brought it home today. That's what I'd expect from what i've seen.

Waiting for post-honeymoon to get fair reviews.

Ok game looks amazing. No need to own it to conclude to this obviousness
Now how it plays is the most important question for me.

#2563 3 years ago

so am I seeing this correctly? The SE has a stage of figurines, essentially a mini PF with zero interactivity with the ball? Is it also empty underneath? I'm confused...

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

so am I seeing this correctly? The SE has a stage of figurines, essentially a mini PF with zero interactivity with the ball? Is it also empty underneath? I'm confused...

I think the outer loop continues. Same as the LE and CE. But yeah, quite a bit of neutering going on. Both guitar and Bass removed, and upper playfield, with VUK, and Bass ramp.

#2565 3 years ago

What is the superlock?
(Last setting)

17B02A99-72C4-434A-A587-554E5DA1E93C (resized).png17B02A99-72C4-434A-A587-554E5DA1E93C (resized).png
#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Stand corrected, saw Paul & Wings ? in Concert with Linda at the Chicago stadium, also able to see Elton John with Kiki Dee.
Great times.

Band on the run is my all time favorite album.

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How will it compare with AC/DC, MET and IMDN? Big hurdles to overcome.

Are you for real? Maiden sure, great game... Aside from potentially code which aint going to happen tell me 1 thing that ACDC or MET (no not the theme) would have over GNR?

Opps. sorry didnt realize this post was before the release... but yeah feel free to compare

#2568 3 years ago

flow ?

#2569 3 years ago

Flow doesnt make a game better, and dont make it worse either

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Are you for real? Maiden sure, great game... Aside from potentially code which aint going to happen tell me 1 thing that ACDC or MET (no not the theme) would have over GNR?
Opps. sorry didnt realize this post was before the release... but yeah feel free to compare

A better rulesheet

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

A better rulesheet

lol wtf.. better ruleset on ACDC and MET? Maiden is great sure, but there aint no way that GNR will have worse rules and the formers. You wont have the boring lets shoot the bash toy over and over to start MB. GNR was given the effort that players deserve..... If only GAZ gave a shit

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Flow doesnt make a game better, and dont make it worse either

Incorrect.

#2573 3 years ago

TAF, LOTR, JJPPOTC, TSPP, CFTBL are crap games are they?

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

TAF, LOTR, JJPPOTC, TSPP, CFTBL are crap games are they?

TAF is a bad game. The others are fine. I wouldn’t say that Any of them have terrible flow but would creature be better with an orbit? Yes. Flow makes games better. Period. I’m not saying everything has to be lightning fast but a lot of stop and go gets old fast.

#2575 3 years ago

lol TAF is arguably the best game ever made. Absolute MIN top 5. I guess you must think SS games are rubbish too then... Vast majority dont have flow.. Centaur, Fathom, Medusa, EBD... etc etc

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol TAF is arguably the best game ever made. Absolute MIN top 5. I guess you must think SS games are rubbish too then... Vast majority dont have flow.. Centaur, Fathom, Medusa, EBD... etc etc

If Someone gave me a TAF for free I would sell it immediately. Most overrated game in pinball. I’ve liked all the Solid States I’ve owned though.

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lyman

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Pinside has TAF ranked #15 so I guess the community also disagrees with you.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Pinside has TAF ranked #15 so I guess the community also disagrees with you.

TAF sold 20000+ units, guess that disagrees with Pinside

#2580 3 years ago

I dislike TAF also. So what?

I think I prefer the white side rail lights on the SE versus the color changing lights. I’ve never been a fan of colorbombed GI, so not digging the strobing RGB rails.

Glad to see the SE models on the line and maybe one is streamed by late next week?

The concert stage in the left corner replacing the upper playfield doesn’t look bad. Plenty of space for creative modders to do their thing.

For my taste (we all have different tastes) every model is lacking a cool pinball mech. Lots of garnish put on the games, but I can’t find the steak under it all.

Too bad the SE didn't gain a real ball plunge versus that weak plunge. I don't have fun trying to soft plunge because sometimes it'll take a few attempts to get the ball outta the shooter lane. That isn't fun. What's fun is the OPTION to short plunge. SWEP1; Maverick (and many DE's with the 3 holes for skills shots; Aerosmith with the hidden skill shot; but they all have the option to pull the plunger back and let it rip.

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The ball traveling underneath the Upper PF.

It’s not empty as in unused space it’s a full lower PF just with a roof over that corner.

I don’t actually mind the SE too much now except for the cabinet art which I hate but I can put it in the middle of line instead of end.

Although I’m leaning LE because of the sweet artwork.

#2582 3 years ago

Lyman is great, I agree. Song jackpot was innovative, he killed TWD and crank it up is great too... but song and crank are only a select feature of the games.

#2583 3 years ago

I’ve viewed every minute of every stream.

My issues:
Scoop location
Non-stop multiball. NON. STOP.
Nothing to bash/hit/knock down etc at all
Slash spinner is pointless except to annoy?
It might be the worst skill shot in pinball

I still want an LE.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I’ve viewed every minute of every stream.
My issues:
Scoop location
Non-stop multiball. NON. STOP.
Nothing to bash/hit/knock down etc at all
Slash spinner is pointless except to annoy?
It might be the worst skill shot in pinball
I still want an LE.

So far for me:

Short ramps
Jets that dont fire as good as Sterns
Crapping low scoring...something I just can never like

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

So far for me:
Short ramps
Jets that dont fire as good as Sterns
Crapping low scoring...something I just can never like

I don't like the low scoring either.

Here's the "most advanced pinball machine on them market" and it scores like Amigo.

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't like the low scoring either.
Here's the "most advanced pinball machine on them market" and it scores like Amigo.

yeah I feel like after pounding a JJP and getting 4-6 mill.. what have I done? I prefer scoring where 100 mill is a great game and 1 bill is exceptional. Not crazy like AFM, and not low like JY. JJP tho.... just too low imo

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m sure the SE will be a blast to play. The bones are there for sure. Most of the awesome atmosphere and light show remains. I bet the SE is realllllly fast.

Agree thats why I'm buying one!

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think the outer loop continues. Same as the LE and CE.

That's good to hear . Having an outer orbit is a must-have for me .
Nothing like hitting a clean shot and seeing the ball fly around the edge of the whole playfield , especially on a wide body like the Hobbit .

#2589 3 years ago

I'm very "meh" on the rails and this seemingly new race to have the most leds.

#2590 3 years ago

Watched the BP stream. My thought is "It looks like Guitar Hero The Pinball and you're stuck as GNR the whole time."

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Watched the BP stream. My thought is "It looks like Guitar Hero The Pinball and you're stuck as GNR the whole time."

B4F8F9F5-E6E3-458C-99B9-62A5469201FD.gifB4F8F9F5-E6E3-458C-99B9-62A5469201FD.gif
#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wait until you try complete song mode where you can’t die.

Endless Multiball was bad let’s talk about endless ball save. Uff

This game is catering to non pinheads.

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Really my biggest worry on SE is how the white light rails play compared to the LE.

This is what I am wondering about as well. I am not a fan of upper playfields, but I do love the glowing pulsing RGB rails on the LE. Anxious to see the effects with the all white rails.

Anyone know if the difference in RGB count from LE to SE is all in the rails?

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Anyone know if the difference in RGB count from LE to SE is all in the rails?

No there’s a crap load of lights on missing the upper PF as well.

#2595 3 years ago

Great reviews so far from those who have played it. Can’t wait to try it out.

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No there’s a crap load of lights on missing the upper PF as well.

Oh yeah, forgot about all those and I guess the two moving stage lights count as well.

I guess what I was wondering is if the main playfield lighting and light show is the same from the LE to the SE other than the rails?

#2597 3 years ago

+: Without a doubt the best lights/light show of any pinball ever made
+: Left ramp into the guitar head is great
+: innovations - cymbols, guitar head, drum sticks, spinner, LCD in playfield shoing info that backbox lcd cant cos band is playing
+: Slash in playing card when putting initials in
+: Mystery animation
+: Bass ramp

-: At this point I feel that maiden is a better playfield in terms of shots. GNR2 is clearly better in terms of innovation tho and the saucer dont go STDM!!
-: Feed from the jets is a little ACDCish ... bit anxious of STDM
-: WWE skill shot
-: Weakish flippers...

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm very "meh" on the rails and this seemingly new race to have the most leds.

The way they used the rails differs completely depending on what song you are in and what is happening. The attention to detail is off the charts on how the light show is coded.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

+: Without a doubt the best lights/light show of any pinball ever made
+: Left ramp into the guitar head is great
+: innovations - cymbols, guitar head, drum sticks, spinner, LCD in playfield shoing info that backbox lcd cant cos band is playing
+: Slash in playing card when putting initials in
+: Mystery animation
+: Bass ramp
-: At this point I feel that maiden is a better playfield in terms of shots. GNR2 is clearly better in terms of innovation tho and the saucer dont go STDM!!
-: Feed from the jets is a little ACDCish ... bit anxious of STDM
-: WWE skill shot
-: Weakish flippers...

Flipper strength is adjustable.

#2600 3 years ago

My GnR conclusion.

Game looks great for theme integration. Maybe the best ever?

Game looks like it is not fun to shoot. Two short ramps. Upper playfield doesn't look fun. Upper playfield drop leads directly to the right out lane.

I am interested to see if the SE model resolves some of these issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/52?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.