pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 111.
#2501 3 years ago

Maybe we will relax about missing out on a CE when the modders show us some fancy toppers, sound bar replacements, rose style button surrounds and plunger shrouds

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Maybe we will relax about missing out on a CE when the modders show us some fancy toppers, sound bar replacements, rose style button surrounds and plunger shrouds

Yes! And the rose style button surrounds would look much better on the red trim. I'm not a big fan of the plunger shroud on the CE, hopefully modders come up with something better.

#2503 3 years ago

All I know is the modders could have a small goldmine in sales if they put some quality stuff out...

#2504 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hobbit BLOWS by comparison
End of story

Ice, that's the beauty. You have Guns and Roses and it's awesome to you, I have Hobbit which is awesome to me.

The best thing is more JJP games being sold, and some are buying there first JJP game. That's good for everyone, especially JJP.

Cheers

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Ice, that's the beauty. You have Guns and Roses and it's awesome to you, I have Hobbit which is awesome to me.
The best thing is more JJP games being sold, and some are buying there first JJP game. That's good for everyone, especially JJP.
Cheers

Thumbs up.

We like what we like brother

#2506 3 years ago

Thumbs up.
We like what we like brother

I likes em'....both!

#2507 3 years ago

Owners, come on over to the JJP GnR owners thread. This bouncing between threads is killin' me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/10#post-5897027

#2508 3 years ago

As an operator I was glad to see that the upper playfield doesn't really add much in gameplay which makes me more interested in buying a Pro. I think the game focused too much on the concert experience and needed more actual modes. Those custom visuals are a great step in the right direction but it made me wish Keith Elwin did this game.

I think customers will be interested in this title from an IP standpoint and the flashy look seems like a good location machine.

#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Love you brother but you are just wrong here

The story of how the pin was made, getting Live or Let Die because Slash called McCartney

And every other asset. $5. Lol. Sorry brother.

Like I said before I'm actually happy for u. I knew that already. The pin is not for me, mostly I would say due to it being GnR if it was Sabbath with the same integration I would be a proud owner. Come on JJP #7 Black Sabbath, with a better layout.

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I love the look of GNR and only have one observation. The middle of the playfield where the map of the world is seems like wasted space. I think the map could have been integrated into a topper and JJP should have put a couple MM Troll-like pop up toys to bash.

You need to add XMLE to your collection.

#2511 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Paul knows how to entertain for sure, he likes to use a ton of Pyro!

Yeah he does - I wasnt expecting that either!

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Owners, come on over to the JJP GnR owners thread. This bouncing between threads is killin' me
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/10#post-5897027

Will do when I actually know what im going to be owning...

#2513 3 years ago

Can’t wait for the Axl super edition or Slash super dooper edition

Already start saving .....now !!

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Can’t wait for the Axl super edition or Slash super dooper edition
Already start saving .....now !!

It's inevitable with JJP. Once LE sales start dropping off they will release it to pump new blood into the mix.

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When I step up to this pin to play
Knowing the history of it
The beauty of it
The beers in the fridge
All of the shot nerds and scoring dweebs can suck hind tit
I’m gonna crank it up, play the f out of it, and have a blast!
That....is what pinball is all about to me

So in other words, shots and scoring dont matter. Got it. Why not drink beer in front of a light bright and crank up 30 year old music? Bet it wont cost you 10k.

#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So in other words, shots and scoring dont matter. Got it. Why not drink beer in front of a light bright and crank up 30 year old music? Bet it wont cost you 10k.

They do....looks like it shoots great..with all the effort JJP put into the reveal their biggest mistake was not showing game play with all the designers. The game play video last night was a yawner .... they should have done one with Slash and the Hot chick from the promo video

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They do....looks like it shoots great..with all the effort JJP put into the reveal their biggest mistake was not showing game play with all the designers. The game play video last night was a yawner .... they should have done one with Slash and the Hot chick from the promo video

I concur...

I got more from the what the flip stream on twitch.

#2518 3 years ago

My wife hates my pinball buying habit. She just sat and watched an hour of GnR streaming from buffalo pinball while we drank. Mostly she just liked the music(she loves GnR), but she even asked questions about how to play songs. Cant believe I may have a pin thatll get her into the basement to play....

#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hobbit BLOWS by comparison
End of story

I'll still take Hobbit over GNR any day lol More toys, more mechs, and far deeper code that is objective based. My viewpoint is a bit biased though as I love the Middle Earth theme while I'm not a huge GNR fan. I'm glad both pins exist.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not even a fan of the Hobbit films but that was done well for the pin.
I don't know how anyone can compare concert footage to Films. I would much rather have seen JJP do modes per song with OG animations on that big screen, like Maiden. The concert footage is terrible. I know it fits with the style of the pin but its not working for me, even animated concert footage would have been better. That's a shame

I'm with ya there, that would have been cool. The whole generic mode vibe that the GNR song modes are putting off is something I'm not a fan of, just like the chapter modes in Pirates. It is cool though how that you can cash song modes out at various points and that the rules increase in difficulty as you progress further into the song. I did see some OG animations in the trailer that seem to support more in depth objective based modes, maybe all of these are not in the game yet. These animations look really nice!

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG
Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG
Capture4 (resized).JPGCapture4 (resized).JPG

#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is that why you have the bag head avatar? Pitiful as usual.

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

even animated concert footage would have been better.

Hell yea, have them play on top of a moving bus like Aerosmith. That was awesome.

#2522 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hell yea, have them play on top of a moving bus like Aerosmith. That was awesome.

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG

#2523 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll still take Hobbit over GNR any day lol More toys, more mechs, and far deeper code that is objective based. My viewpoint is a bit biased though as I love the Middle Earth theme while I'm not a huge GNR fan. I'm glad both pins exist.

You are clueless Panzer. But that's ok. You live in your own fantasy world.

A conflicted JJP sycophant.

#2524 3 years ago

Lol I was being sarcastic, but I appreciate the illustration. I hated that style when I first played it, but it grew on me and sometimes I miss my pro.

#2525 3 years ago

Any word on an SE stream yet?

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are clueless Panzer. But that's ok. You live in your own fantasy world.
A conflicted JJP sycophant.

Right back at ya Ice

I may have to start referring to the first 4 JJP titles as "The Original 4" back when toys and mechs were plentiful in JJP pins. When I think about it Jack was more involved with the first 4 JJP titles and has been seen less and less starting with Wonka and completely gone with any GNR coverage.

Is Jack still involved with JJP? I hope so.

#2527 3 years ago

hello

what happens to the locked balls when you drain? If you are in multiplayer game do the next player get the balls (lock stealing?)

how does the upper PF feel to play??

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm with ya there, that would have been cool. The whole generic mode vibe that the GNR song modes are putting off is something I'm not a fan of, just like the chapter modes in Pirates. It is cool though how that you can cash song modes out at various points and that the rules increase in difficulty as you progress further into the song. I did see some OG animations in the trailer that seem to support more in depth objective based modes, maybe all of these are not in the game yet. These animations look really nice!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those are album wizard mode battles, they're single ball play, and yup they're in the game already and reachable with some decent playing

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Right back at ya Ice
I may have to start referring to the first 4 JJP titles as "The Original 4" back when toys and mechs were plentiful in JJP pins. When I think about it Jack was more involved with the first 4 JJP titles and has been seen less and less starting with Wonka and completely gone with any GNR coverage.
Is Jack still involved with JJP? I hope so.

Like I said you are the lost Jack wayward soul "perceived value"..."real value".

It’s game over man. And you have no idea what just hit you

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hello
what happens to the locked balls when you drain? If you are in multiplayer game do the next player get the balls (lock stealing?)
how does the upper PF feel to play??

The next player automatically starts ball 1 as a multiball on the plunge with those extra locked balls, I can only assume. It’s called Start Game Multiball.

#2531 3 years ago

I’m for sure not a hype guy on these forums. But this game is fucking incredible. Everyone who has been over to play it has been blown away. Play the game in person. Decide for yourself. Don’t rely on a stream.

For me, they nailed the concert experience. Nailed it.

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m for sure not a hype guy on these forums. But this game is fucking incredible. Everyone who has been over to play it has been blown away. Play the game in person. Decide for yourself. Don’t rely on a stream.
They nailed the concert experience. Nailed it.

You brought it home today. That's what I'd expect from what i've seen.

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

The theme of the game is literally Not In This Lifetime which is a reference to their 2016 - 2019 tour of the same name.
Asking for video from outside of this era is akin to wishing the Batman '66 game had clips of Jack Nicholson.

I want to play it and won't have any issue pumping money into it but having this based on the touring band is precisely why I won't likely own it. The tracks are studio releases which I think is fantastic but I just don't know half of this touring band and they play a fairly substantial part in the game. In this case, I like the old members.

I love JPP and am ecstatic that this has finally come out. They will do well with it and produce more pins, a huge bonus for the industry.

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For me, they nailed the concert experience. Nailed it.

This is my first JJP, so looking forward to it.

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Any word on an SE stream yet?

Yea I've been looking too. Have they even shipped the SE yet to anyone?

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I want to play it and won't have any issue pumping money into it but having this based on the touring band is precisely why I won't likely own it. The tracks are studio releases which I think is fantastic but I just don't know half of this touring band and they play a fairly substantial part in the game. In this case, I like the old members.
I love JPP and am ecstatic that this has finally come out. They will do well with it and produce more pins, a huge bonus for the industry.

For what it’s worth, with the exception of Izzy having departed decades ago, the current lineup is arguably better than anything they‘ve had before.
For one they play better because they’re sober.

#2537 3 years ago

Can’t wait to play this GNR pin!

Aerosmith digs?!
Pfft...
I’ve been enjoying my covid AS pro pickup so much I may blue loctite on a cheap lava lamp topper.

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from byurick:

I switched from LE to SE today, was told it is shipping next week.

#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This is my first JJP, so looking forward to it.

Way heavier than the Stern pins.

#2540 3 years ago

JJP has been known for taking a long time to deliver games after they are announced. What a turn-around.

Is shipping games the same day they are revealed a modern industry first?

Regardless, well done (and with what looks like polished code).

#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

JJP has been known for taking a long time to deliver games after they are announced. What a turn-around.
Is shipping games the same day they are announced a modern industry first?
Regardless, well done (and with what looks like polished code).

Not a first. But a first for JJP. Stern had Stranger Things on location the day of announcement. So that means they were shipped before announcement.

But that being said, the importance of getting games out quickly cannot be understated. JJP deserves kudos and they see the impact this decision has.

Most simply, it keeps the excitement going. Obviously you need to have the product that gets buyers excited to go with it. And they have that in spades.

#2542 3 years ago
Quoted from byurick:

I think SE is on the line now or next week. So soon.

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

These were posted yesterday...

865F175A-A816-42C6-9637-C55231FFE9E7 (resized).jpeg865F175A-A816-42C6-9637-C55231FFE9E7 (resized).jpegB0604704-EA30-4CF7-B98F-BDC71F851703 (resized).jpegB0604704-EA30-4CF7-B98F-BDC71F851703 (resized).jpeg
#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

For what it’s worth, with the exception of Izzy having departed decades ago, the current lineup is arguably better than anything they‘ve had before.
For one they play better because they’re sober.

Izzy was the brains behind GnR. He wrote or cowrote most of the sons. I'm a GnR fan and would love to hear some new music from them, but I have to set the bar lower because Izzy won't be part of the writing process.

As for sober line up? Axl has always been surprisingly soberish throughout his career. Slash is sober, and Duff...I'm not sure. Rumour has it in Velvet Revolver only Slash was the sober one...meaning Duff was potentially still using. Even though Duff was a dude that kind of got Scott Weiland sober through martial arts, Scott still said in an interview that Slash was the only sober one in the band.

Axl did sound surprisingly good during the NITL tour. But GnR needs Izzy and man....they need Adler. When Adler played a few shows on the tour it was just emotional man. Adler was a kid again, the band was closer to being THE BAND!

Either way....this is pinball, and the pin ROCKS. Sure could of been tweaked, but we can say that about any machine made.

#2545 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

These were posted yesterday...

Cab is so fugly.

#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm very interested to see the SE.

I'm more of a LE buyer but the flow should be better without the upper PF.

I understand missing a many lights but still a crap ton of lights.

Quoted from chooch:

Cab is so fugly.

unfortunately yes

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

LOL

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Cab is so fugly.

Theyve deifinitly struggled with the artowrk on these entry price games - especially compared to Stern.

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm very interested to see the SE.
I'm more of a LE buyer but the flow should be better without the upper PF.
I understand missing a many lights but still a crap ton of lights.

The SE has to be the faster game, also I am not a good enough player to deal with a upper playfield during multi balls.

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Theyve deifinitly struggled with the artowrk on these entry price games - especially compared to Stern.

It's so bad it almost appears intentional to push home collectors towards the LE. In the end it's not that big of a deal and most of the time you don't even see the side of the machine in a home collection. I just don't get how they looked at that and said we nailed it. If they were smart they would have put that on the CE since it would have sold out no matter what was on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/51?hl=bazilblast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.