pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 111.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wow!, LE's are now sold out, crazy.

[citation needed]

#2452 3 years ago

Haha! Made you guys look... Selling well, no doubt. Definitely the better looking game out of the bunch.
Kk, bad joke.

#2453 3 years ago

Game looks beautiful. CE looks gorgeous. JJP nailed it. I'm a casual GnR fan, I like a fair share of there songs and know them all too well since i graduated in '86 and grew up with this kind of music. If I had the $$$ i'd likely be getting my 1st NIB. Congrats to all the new future owners of this beast.....

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

LE's are sold out? Aren't they are making 5000 of them.

That was the joke, but no one found it funny...except for me i guess.

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Too soon after losing my CE

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

STRIKE!!!

You got to swing for the fence if you want to hit a home run.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm still on the fence about this pin. I prefer pins that have a majority of its ruleset focused on objective based modes that push an events forward from a theme.

I'm the same way. I'm more interested in advancing the game towards some goal and/or making cool things happen than I am increasing the score.
I also like the basic rules to be easy to grasp. I definitely see this in GNR.

1) play Songs to get to Album modes.
2) tour the country to get to Tour multiball.
3) hit the spinners and disk to get Slash multiball.
4) do all of the above to get to the wizard mode.

There are two-ball booster multiballs that can help you when you're in a song mode (slow the rate of the boo meter, increase score, etc).
There are rewards for completing songs, like getting an Encore and immediately starting the next song.
There are patches and posters to collect that give different awards.

I won't know until I play it but I see the potential for lots of non score-based enjoyment.

#2458 3 years ago

I think the issue that most are having is that there needs to be some basic gameplay before rewards. What is the most loved and played multiball in the history of pinball? I would say Addam's. Why? Well, you have to earn it. There is a long process to get there, and you may not even get multiball every game. When you do, it presents probably the best stop and go moment in all of pinball.

"Now you've done it." Brrrrrrrrrr bbzzz bzzz bzzzz (rumble, rumble) SHOW TIME!

I've played the game, as many of you have, a zillion times, and this never gets old. It's exciting over an over again. Just like nailing jackpots in TZ. The boom and crazy overload of sound and giant JACKPOT on the screen. It's just so fucking satisfying.

GnR has left little room for this. The lightshow is crazy throughout and mulitballs seem to come out of nowhere. It's an overload in contrast.

I've had DILE since it came out (early adopter), and this is one of my big criticisms of that game. The multiballs are full of jackpots without a unified goal. I think Keith (and the coders that work with him) do a better job of balancing unified goals with the new tech. Eg. IMDN super jackpot during trooper gives you an Eddie card.

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm the same way. I'm more interested in advancing the game towards some goal and/or making cool things happen than I am increasing the score. I also like the basic rules to be easy to grasp. I definitely see this in GNR.
1) play Songs to get to Album modes.
2) tour the country to get to Tour multiball.
3) hit the spinners and disk to get Slash multiball.
4) do all of the above to get to the wizard mode.
There are two ball booster multiballs that can help you when you're in a song mode (slow the rate of the boo meter, increase score, etc).
There are rewards for completing songs, like getting an Encore and immediately starting the next song.
There are patches and posters to collect that give different awards.
I won't know until I play it but I see the potential for lots of non score-based enjoyment.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think the issue that most are having is that there needs to be some basic gameplay before rewards. What is the most loved and played multiball in the history of pinball? I would say Addam's. Why? Well, you have to earn it. There is a long process to get there, and you may not even get multiball every game. When you do, it presents probably the best stop and go moment in all of pinball.
"Now you've done it." Brrrrrrrrrr bbzzz bzzz bzzzz (rumble, rumble) SHOW TIME!
I've played the game, as many of you have, a zillion times, and this never gets old. It's exciting over an over again. Just like nailing jackpots in TZ. The boom and crazy overload of sound and giant JACKPOT on the screen. It's just so fucking satisfying.
GnR has left little room for this. The lightshow is crazy throughout and mulitballs seem to come out of nowhere. It's an overload in contrast.
I've had DILE since it came out (early adopter), and this is one of my big criticisms of that game. The multiballs are full of jackpots without a unified goal. I think Keith (and the coders that work with him) do a better job of balancing unified goals with the new tech. Eg. IMDN super jackpot during trooper gives you an Eddie card.

You both nailed it.....need a goal oriented objective, and they need to be varied. Playing the songs on an album is not enough. There should have been more than concerts and solos.

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You both nailed it.....need a goal oriented objective, and they need to be varied. Playing the songs on an album is not enough. There should have been more than concerts and solos.

My thought was just that Keith has never let us down, so I don’t expect he will this time.

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Having 80s concert footage and music videos wouldn't look horrible, it would be amazing. They have plenty of high quality remastered footage of that stuff. Put a sweet border around it like Beatles or something. Having a time capsule in your home to relive an epic 80s GnR concert would be sweet. Instead we get bloated Axl.

The theme of the game is literally Not In This Lifetime which is a reference to their 2016 - 2019 tour of the same name.

Asking for video from outside of this era is akin to wishing the Batman '66 game had clips of Jack Nicholson.

#2462 3 years ago

Why is the scoop shooting at the tip of the flipper not at the middle? Everyone who knows how to drop-catch LOVES the feeling of it. Just think of DP... How it comes they dont think of this, or am I missing something? Same goes for the plunge, that feed is horrible, endless flipper fumbling to get the ball under control. They could have made it like the control room feed from JP, the live-catch from that feels great. Pin looks awesome, but much concern about the gameplay and multiball galore.

#2463 3 years ago

Scoops are finicky. I’m sure you can adjust it to do whatever you want.

Plunge seems more than controllable if you plug purposefully.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Do you know the rules? There’s progression to album modes, there’s patch rewards. There’s some mini modes also. All leading up to the final wizard mode.

Side note general comments:
In the owners thread it’s been mentioned time and time again, the settings can be tweaked. Even Keefer said last night they put all sorts of adjustments in place so people can set it up the way they like, to have fun! That’s what settings adjustments are meant for.

This game looks to be much quicker progression than JJPs other games on a tough to survive layout with lots of goals at the same time. What’s not too like... depth, breadth, and brutality.

#2465 3 years ago

I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want to have to play 21 songs to get to the wizard mode (ala acdc). The way this game is setup, from what I can tell, you only have to play 4 songs to get to the wizard mode. Plus the other side objectives of course.

That in itself is going to give you different ways to play this game. Coupled with the adjustments to increase or decrease the speed of progression throughout the game. That’s one thing I love about AIQ was an adjustment to lower trophy qualifications (wish IMDN had that). Looks like GNR has the same type of adjustments.

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not for nothin' but POTC is pretty heavy on multiballs and I didn't hear any complaining about that.
All I hear about that game is "MAKE MOAR."

You werent paying attention, then.

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What is the most loved and played multiball in the history of pinball? I would say Addam's. Why? Well, you have to earn it.

I like the build up and payoff in the way Addam's and that era game typically implemented multiball.

Some might say LOTR is multiball heavy but I really like the way it was implemented. Varied and interesting goals for each multiball and necessary to advance the game.

I also like the way multiball was used in AFM as an important role in destroying the saucer and the challenge of getting the super jackpot.

It seems like Keith Johnson targets his rulesets to have long legs in a home environment. People tend to gain appreciation the more time they have on them. We'll see if this holds true for GNR.

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

TAF doesn’t have a unified goal in MB except to get big points. I agree DI MB doesn’t yield such big points, but goal is kind of to get the super jackpot when you’re under attack. And MB in DI is great for picking up a few of those pesky sim cards!

But in general MBs is not my forte which makes me a bit uncertain about GnR.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

And therein lies the beauty of it

Pure enjoyment and fun

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In the owners thread it’s been mentioned time and time again, the settings can be tweaked.

Dialed In had a bulk setting option to change a bunch of stuff at once, but that was more about difficulty. Whereas here it's about fundamental gameplay, so I'm not sure what exactly can be tweaked in settings to get multiballs down to a dull roar.

I guess this is just how Keefer likes to make games, so if you like his style, it will appeal to you. I like simpler rules and earned multiballs which is why I liked Dialed In, and maybe someone else doesn't.

All this said, I suspect normal people will like it a lot - they seem to really like multiball since it's flashy and simple to understand. So maybe it'll kill on location.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want to have to play 21 songs to get to the wizard mode (ala acdc).

Hell to the no!

#2472 3 years ago

Who do we think are going to get the first run of LE’s? Distros or Direct sales?

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

The theme of the game is literally Not In This Lifetime which is a reference to their 2016 - 2019 tour of the same name.
Asking for video from outside of this era is akin to wishing the Batman '66 game had clips of Jack Nicholson.

Yes I am aware of the marketing spin. Doesn’t change the fact that 99/100 people were hoping for prime GnR assets.

#2474 3 years ago

Amazing game.

Here is a couple of quirks.

The under the flipper shot jams an auto plunged ball. That is multi-stacking. I cannot figure out, is TTL multiball the one you actually start by the under flipper shot. One would assume the logic should plunge that one off before serving additional ball(s).

Also, the voice over instructs to "shoot the blinking lights". Ehm. Which is the three blinking lights per shot available in the game do you mean.

Video starts at 23:50.

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Dialed In had a bulk setting option to change a bunch of stuff at once, but that was more about difficulty. Whereas here it's about fundamental gameplay, so I'm not sure what exactly can be tweaked in settings to get multiballs down to a dull roar.
I guess this is just how Keefer likes to make games, so if you like his style, it will appeal to you. I like simpler rules and earned multiballs which is why I liked Dialed In, and maybe someone else doesn't.
All this said, I suspect normal people will like it a lot - they seem to really like multiball since it's flashy and simple to understand. So maybe it'll kill on location.

Credit to thirdedition in owners thread:
B74ED477-108C-452F-8FB4-206FC94FCE6E (resized).pngB74ED477-108C-452F-8FB4-206FC94FCE6E (resized).png

Plus, you can tweak the song timer qualifications for album. As you adjust the settings to make the game harder with less multiball, I imagine you’ll want to make it easier to qualify album by tweaking that setting.

The one setting I don’t know if they’ve added yet is if you can limit the # of add a balls you can have in one song.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Credit to thirdedition in owners thread:
[quoted image]
Plus, you can tweak the song timer qualifications for album. As you adjust the settings to make the game harder with less multiball, I imagine you’ll want to make it easier to qualify album by tweaking that setting.
The one setting I don’t know if they’ve added yet is if you can limit the # of add a balls you can have in one song.

I just read through the manual, and was about to point that out. I didn't see an add a ball settings in the songs modes. They need to add that.

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bad move Cookie, still have my ASLE. Gorgeous and underrated.

There's one at mine you can come and play cooked71

pb55 (resized).jpgpb55 (resized).jpg

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Soon. Don't wanna step on any toes of the official launch.
I'm sure Buffalo is gonna kill it tonight!

They didn’t kill it unfortunately.

#2479 3 years ago

I'm showing my age but Guns and Roses music and band hasn't been relevant to me. Other than Live and
Let Die which is a Beatles song I don't know any songs. Of course I've heard Knocking on heavens door which appears to be missing.
On the plus side I bought Met knowing no songs and like it.

So, I hear the video content exceeds Hobbit which I own and love, however Hobbits scenes are unique and awesome, not sure a concert scenes will be anywhere close to the variety and hold my interest. When this was mentioned it just wasn't a theme I would be interested in. So at best I'm on the fence mostly due to theme, and am glad I don't need to decide anytime soon.

I think it's awesome if it works for you, I'm lucky I have 4 JJP pins that work for me,( many of you don't like them ) but they keep me plenty busy.

Cheers,

#2480 3 years ago

Live and let die not Beatles. Paul McCartney yes. 3-4 years after the Beatles broke up.

#2481 3 years ago

Stand corrected, saw Paul & Wings ? in Concert with Linda at the Chicago stadium, also able to see Elton John with Kiki Dee.

Great times.

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Live and let die not Beatles. Paul McCartney yes. 3-4 years after the Beatles broke up.

I saw Paul McCartney play in a small venue at an HP conference. I went because it was free but wasn't really looking forward to it because I'm not a big Beatles fan. But it turned out to be one of the best concerts ever, and he played Live and Let Die, which I didn't even realize was not an original GnR song. The presentation, his energy, everything was just fantastic. This was probably 8-10 years ago, but was great.

#2483 3 years ago

Since it says bleutooth is onboard i wonder if you can add a bleutooth soundbar on top your self? A 5.1 version would be killer that way.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Since it says bleutooth is onboard i wonder if you can add a bleutooth soundbar on top your self? A 5.1 version would be killer that way.

you can do blutooth speakers, so I would assume so.

#2485 3 years ago

I said before Knockn' on Heaven's door is my favorite GnR cover (and top 10 of all their songs) it's Bob Dylan but to me GnR did it just as good or better.

Skinny Axl for the win.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I'm showing my age but Guns and Roses music and band hasn't been relevant to me. Other than Live and
Let Die which is a Beatles song I don't know any songs. Of course I've heard Knocking on heavens door which appears to be missing.
On the plus side I bought Met knowing no songs and like it.
So, I hear the video content exceeds Hobbit which I own and love, however Hobbits scenes are unique and awesome, not sure a concert scenes will be anywhere close to the variety and hold my interest. When this was mentioned it just wasn't a theme I would be interested in. So at best I'm on the fence mostly due to theme, and am glad I don't need to decide anytime soon.
I think it's awesome if it works for you, I'm lucky I have 4 JJP pins that work for me,( many of you don't like them ) but they keep me plenty busy.
Cheers,

Agree. The only reason there's more video content available for GNR versus Hobbit is due to hours on end of concert footage, much of which is the same set of songs from the same tour being played at different venues. That's cool but I don't put that in the same category as a 3 Hollywood movies.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

you can do blutooth speakers, so I would assume so.

We were talking about this over in the owners forum.

There are some nice really full sounding marshall Bluetooth speakers that would fit the Bill as a topper.

Only issue is someone mentioned these machines seem to have a 1/4 second delay using Bluetooth creating some lag. No idea if there is a internal adjustment or not.

Need to see if something can be hardwired to the other speakers.

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I saw Paul McCartney play in a small venue at an HP conference. I went because it was free but wasn't really looking forward to it because I'm not a big Beatles fan. But it turned out to be one of the best concerts ever, and he played Live and Let Die, which I didn't even realize was not an original GnR song. The presentation, his energy, everything was just fantastic. This was probably 8-10 years ago, but was great.

Paul knows how to entertain for sure, he likes to use a ton of Pyro!

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

No shit? I always that was The Beatles in their "metal" period. You learn something every day...

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I said before Knockn' on Heaven's door is my favorite GnR cover (and top 10 of all their songs) it's Bob Dylan but to me GnR did it just as good or better.
Skinny Axl for the win.

I'm not a huge fan of Dylan, and I will get some heat for this, but Axl Rose could not improve a single song on this planet, especially by the "guy who can't sing," Bob Dylan.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They didn’t kill it unfortunately.

What’s the verdict Kermit

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. The only reason there's more video content available for GNR versus Hobbit is due to hours on end of concert footage, much of which is the same set of songs from the same tour being played at different venues. That's cool but I don't put that in the same category as a 3 Hollywood movies.

Hobbit BLOWS by comparison

End of story

#2494 3 years ago

Bottom line...

GNR, Slash and the band helped make this pin. Priceless

The GNR fan page babies are crying about how much content went into this game while they get face palmed

It’s a GNR concert like no other. Actually better than being there because the beer is cheaper

Lights, sound and badass concert video. What else compares? NOTHING

We are on a Jungle Ride with Slash and crew. Priceless

F ing babies want to cry about no toys, too many MBs or for the love of....”it doesn’t shoot very well”

Well YOU are the f ing NERD that doesn’t get it and never will

Not sure what else there is to say!

Let me add this, this is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME game given all that’s gone into it from the band etc

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The only reason there's more video content available for GNR versus Hobbit is due to hours on end of concert footage

I'm not even a fan of the Hobbit films but that was done well for the pin.

I don't know how anyone can compare concert footage to Films. I would much rather have seen JJP do modes per song with OG animations on that big screen, like Maiden. The concert footage is terrible. I know it fits with the style of the pin but its not working for me, even animated concert footage would have been better. That's a shame

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bottom line...

GNR, Slash and the band helped make this pin. Priceless

The GNR fan page babies are crying about how much content went into this game while they get face palmed

It’s a GNR concert like no other. Actually better than being there because the beer is cheaper

Lights, sound and badass concert video. What else compares? NOTHING

We are on a Jungle Ride with Slash and crew. Priceless

F ing babies want to cry about no toys, too many MBs or for the love of....”it doesn’t shoot very well”

Well YOU are the f ing NERD that doesn’t get it and never will

Not sure what else there is to say!

Love ya Ice but here we go

I can put a price on Gnr and Slash helping to make this pin. How does $5 dollars sound

That's there fault for being on a GnR fan page in the first place.

Ur right is it a GnR concert like no other, a bad one.

Nothing compares and that's a good thing.

I'll stand for Nincumpoop but u went too far with Nerd.

I'm just kidding, well kind of. I am glad ur loving it. Enjoy kind sir.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Love ya Ice but here we go
I can put a price on Gnr and Slash helping to make this pin. How does $5 dollars sound
That's there fault for being on a GnR fan page in the first place.
Ur right is it a GnR concert like no other, a bad one.
Nothing compares and that's a good thing.
I'll stand for Nincumpoop but u went too far with Nerd.
I'm just kidding, well kind of. I am glad ur loving it. Enjoy kind sir.

Lol. Love you brother but you are just wrong here

The story of how the pin was made, getting Live or Let Die because Slash called McCartney

And every other asset. $5. Lol. Sorry brother.

You and your boy Panzer are simply wrong

I’m not sure Panzer knows if he’s coming or going with JJP

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

We were talking about this over in the owners forum.
There are some nice really full sounding marshall Bluetooth speakers that would fit the Bill as a topper.
Only issue is someone mentioned these machines seem to have a 1/4 second delay using Bluetooth creating some lag. No idea if there is a internal adjustment or not.
Need to see if something can be hardwired to the other speakers.

The CE soundbar is a wired connection. You should be able to run a cable up through the head to any external speaker line in jack.

#2499 3 years ago

When I step up to this pin to play

Knowing the history of it

The beauty of it

The beers in the fridge

All of the shot nerds and scoring dweebs can suck hind tit

I’m gonna crank it up, play the f out of it, and have a blast!

That....is what pinball is all about to me

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The CE soundbar is a wired connection. You should be able to run a cable up through the head to any external speaker line in jack.

Good to know, that Marshall amp looking speaker should work then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/50?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.