pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 111.
#151 3 years ago

Will the upper flipper have a hole under it that you can shoot like potc.
It looks a bit like that.

Also 3 inserts for all three inlanes.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Will the upper flipper have a hole under it that you can shoot like potc.
It looks a bit like that.
Also 3 inserts for all three inlanes.

No Looks to be back to shooter lane. ala Star Trek.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

playfield is bare and lacks shots.

Yeah ,The Hobbit Playfield is bare and is lacking shots , except for ...

11 drop targets
12 stand-up targets
A highly detailed moving dragon with an articulated mouth
3 flippers
3 slings
4 roll overs
4 pop up beasts
2 ramps
1 captive ball
3 gobble holes
3 pops 2 with sculpts
5 3D solid sculpts
2 chopping axes
2 spinners
3 metal habit trails
3 magnets
1 pop up post
1 gate
1 kick back
2 vuks
3 diverters
1 mini LCD screen
Besides that the playfield is barren and there's nothing to go for

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

11 drop targets
12 stand-up targets
3 flippers
3 slings
4 roll overs
4 pop up beasts
2 ramps
1 captive ball
3 gobble holes
3 pops 2 with sculpts
5 3D solid sculpts
2 spinners
3 metal habit trails
3 magnets
1 pop up post
1 gate
1 kick back
2 vuks
3 diverters
1 mini LCD screen

Aside from all the great shots the theme integration on the Hobbit is one of the best of all time...

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

No Looks to be back to shooter lane. ala Star Trek.

No man, the other side of the playfield. I think there will be an upper flipper. There is some kind of big hole under it.

19D62622-7FEA-4E8C-9857-C51DAA2F8EB3 (resized).jpeg19D62622-7FEA-4E8C-9857-C51DAA2F8EB3 (resized).jpeg
#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

By static I meant that it stays on that main screen the majority of the time.

Careful, you are going to stir up the JJP fan boys. You can't say anything negative about their big lcd screens...even though you have a valid point. Most of the time, you are staring a relatively static image with a ton of information that is displayed in a way that is not easy to read for a novice player. But it looks cool!

Quoted from BazilBLast:

11 drop targets
12 stand-up targets
3 flippers
3 slings
4 roll overs
4 pop up beasts
2 ramps
1 captive ball
3 gobble holes
3 pops 2 with sculpts
5 3D solid sculpts
2 chopping axes
2 spinners
3 metal habit trails
3 magnets
1 pop up post
1 gate
1 kick back
2 vuks
3 diverters
1 mini LCD screen

It is not bare but the layout is by far the weakest part of the game...which the code/rules does an amazing job of hiding.

#157 3 years ago

I remember Eric joinin a convo on FB a while back where I was exclaiming about using old mechs in new/unique ways.
He was like, and I'm paraphrasing here "If you like that, you're gonna love what I'm doing".
I cant fricken wait to see what he's cooked up.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Aside from all the great shots the theme integration on the Hobbit is one of the best of all time...

I didn't even mention the 31 modes , 3 mini wizard modes , one wizard mode , killing Smaug , Gollum ball save , the best use of an action button in pinball , the great sound.
There is too much to mention .
If people knew it properly , it would be a top ten pin .
No company puts more in a pin than jjp

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

No man, the other side of the playfield. I think there will be an upper flipper. There is some kind of big hole under it.
[quoted image]

The upper flipper is on the other side of the PF. I think you may getting confused from the mirrored image someone was posting.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Careful, you are going to stir up the JJP fan boys. You can't say anything negative about their big lcd screens...even though you have a valid point. Most of the time, you are staring a relatively static image with a ton of information that is displayed in a way that is not easy to read for a novice player. But it looks cool!

It is not bare but the layout is by far the weakest part of the game...which the code/rules does an amazing job of hiding.

If you don't like the layout of The Hobbit fair enough that's your opinion , to say they have static screens is just wrong , if you want to see a screen where characters don't move check out the new Avengers .

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Whatever the next game is, I was in charge, but it was a team effort of 6 programmers.

Hey Keith , any chance of putting in a co-op mode in the Hobbit .

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I didn't even mention the 31 modes , 3 mini wizard modes , one wizard mode , killing Smaug , Gollum ball save , the best use of an action button in pinball , the great sound.
There is too much to mention .
If people knew it properly , it would be a top ten pin .
No company puts more in a pin than jjp

I tend to agree...especially on code due to the fact that they have a talented programming team, and they don't make many games....I would like to see them finish POTC, and fine tune Wonka, which is missing a few pieces of code

#163 3 years ago

Has nobody else noticed there's a 4th flipper? Upper left, appears to be to shoot the giant hole. My orbits may be wrong, but there's definitely a 4th flipper. Also, a possibility that 4th flipper has an extra long bushing and is actually for the upper playfield... SPECULATION. Also, I believe there's a drop target guarding a turnaround to subway entrance to the left of the theoretical scoop. I know, im just contributing to the nonsense, but thought i'd share my findings.

2c1adb41918ce0aee9d37b1f053ed91ca98e5f7f (resized).jpg2c1adb41918ce0aee9d37b1f053ed91ca98e5f7f (resized).jpg
#164 3 years ago

Whatever the next game is, I was in charge, but it was a team effort of 6 programmers.

96D75BE9-10CD-42C1-9069-C4ED46184CB5 (resized).jpeg96D75BE9-10CD-42C1-9069-C4ED46184CB5 (resized).jpeg
#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I would agree that theres a lot of information on that screen, and to a newbie could be confusing, but if you've owned a JJP game you would know the screen is far from static.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Ky1ebasa:

Has nobody else noticed there's a 4th flipper? Upper left, appears to be to shoot the giant hole. My orbits may be wrong, but there's definitely a 4th flipper. Also, a possibility that 4th flipper has an extra long bushing and is actually for the upper playfield... SPECULATION. Also, I believe there's a drop target guarding a turnaround to subway entrance to the left of the theoretical scoop. I know, im just contributing to the nonsense, but thought i'd share my findings.
[quoted image]

I had this is exact situational layout in my head when i first saw it before people started drawing on it. A flipper in front of the Upper PF that you have to hit targets to raise something? Nice catch on the drop target to turn around. Man how much does this pin have!!!!

#167 3 years ago

I wonder what the goals in the game will be , unlock albums , get the band back together , go on a world tour ?

#168 3 years ago

It would be cool if all the little holes were lighters and the more shots you hit, the more lighters light up, and if you get all of of the lighters lit, you get something (MB, 2x scoring...etc.) sort of like Star Power in Guitar Hero.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I wonder what the goals in the game will be , unlock albums , get the band back together , go on a world tour ?

make axl go from fat to thin?

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

100%. I was totally not a maiden fan until the pin. Now I own a couple albums. Gnr is played out for me..... maybe the pin will rekindle my like for them.

Funny, Mike - after you sold me the pin I started listening to their music more also

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Ky1ebasa:

[quoted image]

what you think is the big squared hole in upper left of playfield?

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what you think is the big squared hole in upper left of playfield?

It looks like a passthrough hole for wiring harnesses for an upper playfield. WOZ has something similar.

#173 3 years ago

but it was a team effort of 6 programmers.

Thank you all for the great work you do !

LTG : )

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Really excited for this game

You calling Joe in the middle of the night yet ? Excitement doesn't start until then.

LTG : )

#175 3 years ago

Just posted on JJP

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#176 3 years ago

Man looks like WOZ under the hood, Alot going on !

#177 3 years ago

Three upkickers on the left side? Assuming Eric is at the flippers end.

#178 3 years ago

It's official ... reveal date is the 5th

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Three upkickers on the left side? Assuming Eric is at the flippers end.

This is a picture of 3 upper playfields in a line next to each other. The holes in the bottom right of the picture don't match anything on the main playfield, and you can see that everything is repeated three times as you look down the picture.

#180 3 years ago

Oct 5th? Monday? Ugh.. I guess I should take the day off work to see what all the hoopla is about. Man this pinball stuff going to make me bankrupt.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

This is a picture of 3 upper playfields in a line next to each other. The holes in the bottom right of the picture don't match anything on the main playfield, and you can see that everything is repeated three times as you look down the picture.

Good sign games are currently being assembled! Likely our first JJP game here.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oct 5th? Monday? Ugh.. I guess I should take the day off work to see what all the hoopla is about. Man this pinball stuff going to make me bankrupt.

Put in a few more hours at the Kwik-E-Mart

#183 3 years ago

Excited to see more.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Just posted on JJP
[quoted image]

Happy to hear they have an upper play field. If its anything like POTC it will be awesome

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Happy to hear they have an upper play field. If its anything like POTC it will be awesome

Hopefully less dramamine will be required.

What can I say I'm old school. I like my upper playfields to not move.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Sharp!

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully less dramamine will be required.

I hear ya, but the rocking ship is pretty cool, and the canon shot is incredible....

#188 3 years ago

This is how you tease a reveal. Some spicy, mysterious pics and a solid release date. No bragging, no bullshit. I’m super interested in this game.

#189 3 years ago

How about the fact they are showing an assembly line shot which means this thing is likely ready to ship once announced.

I know we've heard about the speculation and I even called it myself a few weeks back saying the only way JJP comes out good on this ridiculous MIA after that super weak innovation teaser would be to SHIP DAY 1.

Hell yes.

#190 3 years ago

Maybe itll come with GNR signatures on the CE? I showed my wife the signatures on my Wonka CE and she was like "your stupid" then she walked away.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Maybe itll come with GNR signatures on the CE? I showed my wife the signatures on my Wonka CE and she was like "your stupid" then she walked away.

I can't see Axl even considering this but I'm sure most would be happy with a Slash or a Duff.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Holy F’n chit. What the heck are you talking about. The reason most people prefer older rock music is because there hasn’t been any decent rock music made since the 90’s. Not nostalgia at all. And BTW Techno? House music pin? What? How about a T Swift pin for ya. That’s current music. You don’t know what you think you know. Still time for you to realize this and pivot to learning stuff. Again Wow.

Bear with me here.

I get the love-hate allegiance to a band.

What I dont get is the failure to appreciate where another artist is talented.

I grew up in Australia, so love some AC/DC, not all. I also love some GNR, not all, love some Mellencamp, not all. Love some Aerosmith, not all. Love some U2, not all. Love Springsteen, not all. Showing my 52 years and have seen all the above live.

Slagging off Taylor Swift is fine, but she is a talented songwriter/musician even if she is not to your taste, Look at her performance at the 2020 CMA awards - breathtaking. Seen her live too. Read what Bob Taylor said about her in his autobiography. Not suggesting a Taylor Swift pin has a snowballs chance of happening, but if it did, if ever pinball was to skip to a new generation...

Love some Stern, not all. Love some JJP, not all.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Wait I think I found something on the bottom.
[quoted image]

good eye!

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like my upper playfields to not move.

Or actually "upper playfields;" I'm looking at you Dialed In.

#195 3 years ago

I hope it comes with radcals.. love me some radcals.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Good thing Deep Root shat the bed so we don’t have to worry about buying RAZA until next year or later.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What about Path of Adventure?

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's a fun novelty. The fact that it isn't constantly swaying for the duration of your game makes it more palatable and less nausea inducing.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you have it dialed in, and working right its a blast

#200 3 years ago

It Will be interesting to see how many CE’s will be produced, my guess is 300

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/4?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.