pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 111.
#2351 3 years ago

GNR makes the Avengers look cheap .
I don't blame Keith or even Stern for that matter.
With the size of Stern's workforce they have to constantly produce games , at the cheapest possible price .

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Slash was on AEW Dynamite last night.
[quoted image]

If Slash is training to become a wrestler, I can see another Slash inspired theme and JJP title in the future. Slash could wear a mask to conceal his identity but the aviator glasses, top hat and black bandana would give him away. Hahaha.

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

and personally I’m torn

To me it would be a no-brainer. I can't stand mini-playfields(too gimmicky), you can't play the art(unless you want a museum piece) and really main difference is more flashy lights. All three versions are missing a main attraction/interactive toy mech so really comes down to how well they play in comparison. For me the standard would be a fairly safe bet to buy and try out. The price point allows you to move on down the road if it is not your cup of tea. I was thinking about picking one up but all the distros are staying at $6750 firm. I think I will wait and actually play it first since there are no deals to be made-hopefully find one for a better deal on secondary market.

#2354 3 years ago

So I put down for a standard, and I have the option to get an LE, as I requested from my distributor and is noted on my invoice that I can change.
I can’t decide.
I want the general gameplay, but I’m honestly not thrilled with the art on the standard, I love the Le and CE art package, and I also want that extra upper playfield stuff, but $2700 for the extra is sort of hard to swallow.
I just paid $3000 for a Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 with a plow and a winch with 700 original miles, and I hit the trails the other day with it and it was amazing. It’s a lot of machine for the money.
It’s hard to justify by comparison some red side rails and lockdown bar and some little playfield with a flipper for $2700...
I’m trying not to price bitch, I’m just trying to justify do I really NEED the extra, and personally I’m torn. It looks so good though lol
Ugh. The pinball life, ain’t it great?

You also have to consider the fact that people want an LE and not a SE, if you want to sell the game down the road.

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

GNR makes the Avengers look like a soulless piece of crap .

Got to play Avengers yesterday-and it blew my socks off!

GNR has some tough compition imo

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

To me it would be a no-brainer. I can't stand mini-playfields(too gimmicky), you can't play the art(unless you want a museum piece) and really main difference is more flashy lights. All three versions are missing a main attraction/interactive toy mech so really comes down to how well they play in comparison. For me the standard would be a fairly safe bet to buy and try out. The price point allows you to move on down the road if it is not your cup of tee. I was thinking about picking one up but all the distros are staying at $6750 firm. I think I will wait and actually play it first since there are no deals to be made-hopefully find one for a better deal on secondary market.

You make a lot of sense .
As a previous owner of JJP games and not technically minded , I'm sort of happy to see that there is not a lot of stuff that looks obviously like it would break down .
Personally for me , reliability is a big thing .

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

GnR looks nice but I would argue Avengers is better shooter and layout than GnR.

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

To me it would be a no-brainer. I can't stand mini-playfields(too gimmicky), you can't play the art(unless you want a museum piece) and really main difference is more flashy lights. All three versions are missing a main attraction/interactive toy mech so really comes down to how well they play in comparison. For me the standard would be a fairly safe bet to buy and try out. The price point allows you to move on down the road if it is not your cup of tea. I was thinking about picking one up but all the distros are staying at $6750 firm. I think I will wait and actually play it first since there are no deals to be made-hopefully find one for a better deal on secondary market.

Yeah true, true... the only discount I have on it is by paying with a bank check my distributor will shave off 2.5%

#2359 3 years ago

Yeah true, true... the only discount I have on it is by paying with a bank check my distributor will shave off 2.5%

Did you still had to pay shipping and tax?

#2360 3 years ago

Here's my question to those who've played it.

Does JJP GNR have "that shot": The shot that's really really satisfying to hit for both sound, risk, reward on a pin?

Examples like the scoop on MET during CIU (and a few shots on MET). GOT has the Super Jackpot Battering Ram. Etc, etc.

As bare bones as Maiden is, it's still satisfying to hit the Pharaoh target for huge points. Anything in GNR that does this?

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

GnR looks nice but I would argue Avengers is better shooter and layout than GnR.

Keith did a great job with the layout on Avengers .
I also like the layout of GNR .
If you sit Avengers premium next to GNR LE it's obvious which one has had more time and love put into it .

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I like the nod to Apollo 12 with all the multiballs all the time! All kidding aside, I think that will go over well with casual players.

Probably will anyone with a pulse getting MB. It’s the equivalent of the participation trophy.

Least they should do away or cut down with the ball save and add a balls.

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Here's my question to those who've played it.
Does JJP GNR have "that shot": The shot that's really really satisfying to hit for both sound, risk, reward on a pin?
Examples like the scoop on MET during CIU (and a few shots on MET). GOT has the Super Jackpot Battering Ram. Etc, etc.
As bare bones as Maiden is, it's still satisfying to hit the Pharaoh target for huge points. Anything in GNR that does this?

It appears to be the scoop for collecting the song cash outs, or I think I heard there’s a target on the upper playfield that can be a big cash in. But maybe that was just with one of the songs and not a consistent thing.

#2364 3 years ago

What do people think of the upper playfield drop that leads directly to the right outline.

I don't think you should be punished for getting to the upper playfield by a cheap drain.

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

What do people think of the upper playfield drop that lwads directly to the right outline.
I don't think you should be punished for getting to the upper playfield by a cheap drain.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Least they should do away or cut down with the ball save and add a balls.

I've had woz and The Hobbit and just like them I'm sure you can adjust that in the settings .

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For me, it comes down to this...

Keith makes player-oriented games that feature awesome/unique layouts and great rules. The MB rules in JB rock.
JJP makes beautiful, flashy games with "meh" layouts and gameplay. GNR is gorgeous, but I'm on the fence about he gameplay after studying last nights video. Thinking seriously about canceling my LE deposit until I have an opportunity to play it.

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I am seriously on the fence now that I saw the gameplay. I have a deposit down on an LE but not sure I want the game. I am a big fan of JJP I own a WOZRR and a Hobbit and love them both. I would love to own a NIB JJP especially with a more adult theme but after seeing the amount of multiballs and a fat Axl on the screen (lol) not sure I want it anymore. Great looking game and this is good for the Pin community but probably not for me. Congrats to all the guys and gals that love GNR, the songs and lightshow is definitely over the top.

Yah I wish they would of just went with Concert animations instead of footage. They had access to all the animations, and they decide to put it in a tiny corner. The concert feel would be full lights like they have it and the animations. Would be timeless. Instead we are stuck watching concert footage of Axl not in his prime. I don't think Stern will use "Celebration Day" concert footage for their Led Zeppelin pin, and I'm pretty sure they won't integrate Jason Bonham as the drummer instead of John Bonham. As a lover of old rock bands like AC/DC, Rolling Stone, Led, GnR, it's sad to see they used the new GnR in this pin. It's like creating an AC/DC pin last year and plastering Axl Rose all over the playfield and game play and videos.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thinking seriously about canceling my LE deposit until I have an opportunity to play it.

It is funny you said that because I think a lot of people got bamboozled into buying an LE because they may or may not have missed out on the CE. I can just picture the distro salesman pitching 'Well the only thing you are missing out on the LE from the CE is yada yada yada...' Then suckers you into pulling the trigger on the LE. Why buy the LE now is my question?
-Not limited-they will bastardize the LE with more future models just like they did with WOZ
-No reason to buy early other than being one of the first to receive
-Not being able to play in person first before purchasing?
-Possibly losing valuation if it ends up being a dud-we all saw what Hobbit did

The other thing that really irks me with Jersey Jack is his business practices and ethics. He just seems slimy to me with what they have done to people in the past and I think it is a huge conflict of interest to try and sell direct and through distribution(greedy imo). So there is that piece of it for me as well.

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Keith did a great job with the layout on Avengers .
I also like the layout of GNR .
If you sit Avengers premium next to GNR LE it's obvious which one has had more time and love put into it .

From soulless piece of crap to this 20 mind later. Day drunks are fun... Oh wait...

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Everyone is ripping on fat axel but how many of you are overweight? I thought you’re not supposed to fat shame people nowadays or does that only apply to women?

I’m not on the back glass of a pinball machine either.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The other thing that really irks me with Jersey Jack is his business practices and ethics. He just seems slimy to me with what they have done to people in the past and I think it is a huge conflict of interest to try and sell direct and through distribution(greedy imo). So there is that piece of it to me as well.

I believe a lot of distributors care a lot about their clients, they almost have to as most buy multiple machines from them. I have heard the selling direct and to distributors really screwed over a lot of distributors who were told they had "x" number then sold them out only to find out they only had a fraction of the allotment they asked for. IMO that is not cool. Distributors then have to 1) call the clients with bad news 2)eat any transaction costs etc.

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

JJP makes beautiful, flashy games with "meh" layouts and gameplay. GNR is gorgeous, but I'm on the fence about he gameplay after studying last nights video. Thinking seriously about canceling my LE deposit until I have an opportunity to play it.

Except the Lawlor pins. His layouts are just as good as Keith's, maybe better because they are more friendly to less skilled players. Wonka is insanely good. Better than DI, which I didn't think he could top.

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Did you still had to pay shipping and tax?

My total was $6750 if I picked up, and then 2.5 % off of that if I pay with bank check.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Yah I wish they would of just went with Concert animations instead of footage. They had access to all the animations, and they decide to put it in a tiny corner.

The concert animations and the footage automatically switch windows back and forth during game play.

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Everyone is ripping on fat axel but how many of you are overweight?

Well for ur information I'm not overweight, I'm undertall. Shame on u

#2377 3 years ago

I'm very torn of buying the game.

The game looks beautiful, the design looks great, I love how the mechs are incorporated with the theme, and I enjoy listening to Guns N Roses music.

However, I feel when playing this game the constant rock music will get annoying and possible give me headache if I play for too long. Yes, I know I can just stop playing and take a breather. But the next time when I go up to the game I'll have that feeling of 'lets see how long I can listen this time' and that alone is a huge negative. I had the same feeling when I was playing Iron Maiden and Metallica at a friends house. Again, both great games to play. However I just can't play them for too long without getting that feeling of I reached my peak of too much rock music.

When I walk up to a game I don't want to feel any negative towards it, especially a $10,000 game I just bought. On the other hand there are several slower songs (Don't Cry, November Rain, Patience) that I can listen too so it's not quite as loud to balance my rock level.

I'm not in a rush to buy this game. I hope to see this on location someplace so I can play it before hand.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Been following your progress on one of the FB groups. Freakin awesome. Makes my miss my ASLE so much. It is a seriously underrated game - thinking about getting one back but they’re pretty rare down here.

Bad move Cookie, still have my ASLE. Gorgeous and underrated.

I feel like some people are missing the Delt effect and actually standing over it and saying WOW, this looks awesome and plays fun!

Welcome to the new JJP where BOM matters. Sorry Panzer

I don’t play any of my games for 3 hrs straight so this one will be perfect!!

In fact, 6 or so beers in it will only get better.

Welcome to the Jungle baby!!

Come on man, it’s exciting

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The other thing that really irks me with Jersey Jack is his business practices and ethics. He just seems slimy to me with what they have done to people in the past .

At least jjp came up with different design packages .
Stern just said oh we're making 500 Munsters LE , what ? they're popular , OK let's make it 600.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Better than DI, which I didn't think he could top.

U were right cause he didn't.

Quoted from snaroff:

Keith makes player-oriented games that feature awesome/unique layouts and great rules. The MB rules in JB rock.
JJP makes beautiful, flashy games with "meh" layouts and gameplay.

Yes sir, and isn't it great to have these options. If it was only Stern I wouldn't be happy and same goes for any of the other manufacturers. Why we need to compare and go over board defending what we like is the issue. Well its not really an issue, makes pinside a lot more fun. That's for sure. Another plus for options.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I have heard the selling direct and to distributors really screwed over a lot of distributors who were told they had "x" number then sold them out only to find out they only had a fraction of the allotment they asked for.

Yes I have heard this echo, it is just bad business. No bueno

#2382 3 years ago

Any word on when we can see gameplay video of the standard edition?

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want both!

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

From soulless piece of crap to this 20 mind later. Day drunks are fun... Oh wait...

Buy soulless piece of crap , I meant the callouts , the music , the animations , just the whole Vibe from the pin .
And I've always said Keith's layout looks good .

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Day drunks are fun... Oh wait...

Hello McFly , it's 2 a.m. where I am .

IMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpg
#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The concert animations and the footage automatically switch windows back and forth during game play.

Yah, just wish there was an option to have the animations on the bigger screen and the live footage in the corner. More interested in the animations than watching Axl past his prime.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For me, it comes down to this...
JJP makes beautiful, flashy games with "meh" layouts and gameplay.

Same. That’s why you buy both!

#2387 3 years ago

I’m a little disappointed that the game seems so multiball heavy. I remember playing Hobbit and finding the constant multiball there really off-putting, and when I mentioned it to one of the design team they said they’d heard similar feedback and would adjust.

Now we’re here with the same problem again. Multiball should be a challenge to start, otherwise it has no meaning. Also, it means I’m not focusing on making shots, I’m just flailing and frankly, that’s not long term fun. It’s just tiring.

One of the things people criticized about Data East games was the gimmie multiball they tended to add. It’s 30 years later and here we are.

They nailed the level of difficulty of starting and total number on Dialed In for multiballs. It’s a good balance. GNR seems unbalanced.

#2388 3 years ago

How do you travel from city to city?

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’m a little disappointed that the game seems so multiball heavy. I remember playing Hobbit and finding the constant multiball there really off-putting, and when I mentioned it to one of the design team they said they’d heard similar feedback and would adjust.
Now we’re here with the same problem again. Multiball should be a challenge to start, otherwise it has no meaning. Also, it means I’m not focusing on making shots, I’m just flailing and frankly, that’s not long term fun. It’s just tiring.
One of the things people criticized about Data East games was the gimmie multiball they tended to add. It’s 30 years later and here we are.
They nailed the level of difficulty of starting and total number on Dialed In for multiballs. It’s a good balance. GNR seems unbalanced.

Agreed. Hopefully they listen to feedback and adjust, or at least give players the option to adjust things in the settings.

This is definitely a pattern with JJP. Hobbit, POTC, and now GnR seem to multiball you to death.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The rest of the article:[quoted image]

1F0FF29B-A86F-45C2-83CA-9FE9177ACC17 (resized).jpeg1F0FF29B-A86F-45C2-83CA-9FE9177ACC17 (resized).jpeg

Link (doesn't seem to be behind a paywall):

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-slash-pinball-guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-20201007-tovjxdaj7jgjtaqijgmcdv2xau-story.html

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

At least jjp came up with different design packages .
Stern just said oh we're making 500 Munsters LE , what ? they're popular , OK let's make it 600.

Also I think we need to understand that yeah, this pin is multiball heavy on stock settings, but that's adjustable and there is shit-ton to do.

It's not as this is coded like Munsters.

#2392 3 years ago

Given that they had access to all the assets of the band does anyone else wonder why they didn't pick video footage of the band in their prime over the band now? I personally connect more with 80s Guns 'n' Roses.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Given that they had access to all the assets of the band does anyone else wonder why they didn't pick video footage of the band in their prime over the band now? I personally connect more with 80s Guns 'n' Roses and didn't realize they'd gotten back together as old guys and were still around touring and doing new songs.

Older footage would include people no longer in the band? That would be my guess.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Given that they had access to all the assets of the band does anyone else wonder why they didn't pick video footage of the band in their prime over the band now? I personally connect more with 80s Guns 'n' Roses and didn't realize they'd gotten back together as old guys and were still around touring and doing new songs.

Pretty sure that was already discussed in the first video. The band made that decision. That is the theme of the pin, the new tour, and as has been mentioned, lots of legal stuff to do the older stuff, guaranteed you would be missing assets due to legal and cost reasons.

#2395 3 years ago

We need a link to the manual pdf to see whar game settings can be changed.

#2396 3 years ago

Not sure if they can avoid the heavy multi ball. Whole game seems designed around it. IMO it is done to make sure players can hear more of the songs and make it to the album modes.

No point in highlighting that the songs are full length and have all the choreography with the footage, lights and music and then have a drain 10 seconds in once you start a song.

Throwing non stop multiball and add a ball, and long ball saves so all of that can be experienced. Makes sense, not sure how fun it would be for me long term though.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They had different band member then. It might not have been impossible, but licensing would be more complicated.

JJP didn't get access to old stuff...just Not in This Lifetime tour stuff, which is what Slash wanted the pin the to be about.

Steven Adler
Matt Sorum replaced him
Izzy Stradlin
Gilby Clarke played with them a lot

#2398 3 years ago

Not for nothin' but POTC is pretty heavy on multiballs and I didn't hear any complaining about that.

All I hear about that game is "MAKE MOAR."

#2399 3 years ago

no 60 second ball savers in POTC. If it had long ball save timers you would definitely have heard more.

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

We need a link to the manual pdf to see whar game settings can be changed.

Here you go
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Oct2020.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/48?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.