pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 111.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm a little worried.[quoted image]

Then i think it would remind me ACDC. I got the feeling to play MB over and over

But lets see some streams.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not constructive, it's destructive. The shift from excitement to shitting on a game is reliable as the tides on Pinside, and it's just disheartening to see.
Have you even played it? Maybe the multiballs are fun! They sure were on POTC.

Destructive and shitting on it? C’mon man, it’s just mild musing on the style and structure of rules.

If you really find the discussion “disheartening” maybe you’re over-invested in all of this? It’s just a game.

#2303 3 years ago

The only two band pins I've owned are Metallica (still have my LE, great game) and ACDC (had a Premium, enjoyed it, let it go as I downsized my collection to focus on other arcade hobbies).

There's a little of each game's DNA in GNR, but also just miles more stuff. I feel like comparing them not to play Stern vs JJP, but just to look at how things have changed and grown and influenced each other.

--

Clearly the pick a song, play its mode, cash out or keep building it up risk/reward owes a lot to ACDC. But I love that you don't just pick a song and play it and that's the game on GNR. In ACDC you're basically always in a song, GNR has a non-song structure around it, which I really like.

ACDC is also a very ... unlovely game. It's fun as hell, and has great attitude, but visually I don't think anyone thinks it's that killer of a package. GNR has the best art and total look of any JJP to me. I like the LE the best of the three.

The lower playfield on ACDC is eh, GNR's upper doesn't seem that amazing in and of itself as far as flipper action, but it's got so much more going on. The locks and ball paths make it much more interesting. Both are mini-playfields, for better or for worse, they slow the main action down, but at least with GNR you can play the main playfield simultaneously. With all the multi-balls that should happen a lot.

Where ACDC has a little of an edge is the bell and cannon are good interactive bits, GNR could have used just one more thing that interacted with the ball better. The spinning disc coming out at the same time as Avengers is an unfortunate coincidence.

Until I play GNR it's hard to compare, but the risk/reward thing seems less tense with all the ball saving multiballs, and the fact that the 'risk' option adds a ball. Seems a lot more safe, and probably won't have quite the tension ACDC has. But I think it makes up for it with the depth and other things to focus on.

ACDC has shit-all for actual band participation. It's got the songs and some Photoshop, that's it. Clear loser there.

--

Metallica is one of my all time favorite Sterns. It started the new era of hand-drawn art returning. It was the closest thing to an original theme Stern had done in ages. Fan layout, but lots of toys. Sparky having so much personality made him more than just a bash toy, but he's a great bash toy. The hammer is such a killer idea, love it still. Was a little big, but 30 of us have a mod to fix that ... The return of inline drops! The cross rising is whatever, but it's neat. The snake is a scoop, and a switch, at the same time. Love shots that change, the open or closed mouth really makes it cool.

Song integration is ... okay. You pick a song, but it doesn't mean much. The catalog is cool, it leans old school, which I appreciate, but it's kinda small. GNR just murders it with selection. I wish Metallica had 21 songs!

The band does callouts. Uh. It kinds sounds like GNR and Metallica are in the same boat with this one. Look, you're known for your music, not your voice acting, I get it.

Slash recording new music for GNR is amazing. Top tier band integration, hat(s) off.

The music in Metallica plays for certain modes, and that's cool, but again, mostly doesn't mean much most of the time. I like how GNR has the ability to pick new songs purposefully, and the way you can go after albums is really clever.

I see a big win for each game still on the board: For GNR it's just such an immersive package. My Metallica is nice, color DMD, LE backglass, all the stuff, but ... well it looks bare next to GNR's lightshow and big screens. It's a fun game that has a music theme, GNR is the full concert.

Metallica though has what I haven't seen yet on on GNR, and maybe it's hidden there, I haven't seen it all. Crank It Up. Just super creative single ball play. A killer playfield with great code modes and the tension is all one ball progression. It's surgical. Yeah, the game is wood choppy, and has it's own multiballs to grind, but Crank It Up is special. Code like that really makes it. If GNR can get some more taste of that I think it would go a long way.

#2304 3 years ago

Anyone else notice the Wonka/slot machine sounds mixed in? Skill shot is the most obvious. These are polar opposite to the rough edge of gnr... Man, I hope toy story doesn't sound like Vegas.

#2305 3 years ago

Keith has programmed some of my favorite games so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

What I like most about his programming style is the way he embraces the theme of whatever game he's working on and takes you on a journey.
His layered and complex rules usually give you multiple ways to approach the game and grow with you over time.

I like his goal oriented rulesets with rewards in the form of cool light shows, display and sound effects, which I prefer over score oriented rulesets with rewards like playfield and shot multipliers that have little fanfare.

He also has intricate risk vs reward rules to maximize your score if you want to learn them, play in tournaments, etc...

From what I've seen so far, GNR has all of the above.

TL:dr
A few streams that look multiball heavy are not going to shake my faith in Keith's master programming skills.

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only two band pins I've owned are Metallica (still have my LE, great game) and ACDC (had a Premium, enjoyed it, let it go as I downsized my collection to focus on other arcade hobbies).
There's a little of each game's DNA in GNR, but also just miles more stuff. I feel like comparing them not to play Stern vs JJP, but just to look at how things have changed and grown and influenced each other.
--
Clearly the pick a song, play its mode, cash out or keep building it up risk/reward owes a lot to ACDC. But I love that you don't just pick a song and play it and that's the game on GNR. In ACDC you're basically always in a song, GNR has a non-song structure around it, which I really like.
ACDC is also a very ... unlovely game. It's fun as hell, and has great attitude, but visually I don't think anyone thinks it's that killer of a package. GNR has the best art and total look of any JJP to me. I like the LE the best of the three.
The lower playfield on ACDC is eh, GNR's upper doesn't seem that amazing in and of itself as far as flipper action, but it's got so much more going on. The locks and ball paths make it much more interesting. Both are mini-playfields, for better or for worse, they slow the main action down, but at least with GNR you can play the main playfield simultaneously. With all the multi-balls that should happen a lot.
Where ACDC has a little of an edge is the bell and cannon are good interactive bits, GNR could have used just one more thing that interacted with the ball better. The spinning disc coming out at the same time as Avengers is an unfortunate coincidence.
Until I play GNR it's hard to compare, but the risk/reward thing seems less tense with all the ball saving multiballs, and the fact that the 'risk' option adds a ball. Seems a lot more safe, and probably won't have quite the tension ACDC has. But I think it makes up for it with the depth and other things to focus on.
ACDC has shit-all for actual band participation. It's got the songs and some Photoshop, that's it. Clear loser there.
--
Metallica is one of my all time favorite Sterns. It started the new era of hand-drawn art returning. It was the closest thing to an original theme Stern had done in ages. Fan layout, but lots of toys. Sparky having so much personality made him more than just a bash toy, but he's a great bash toy. The hammer is such a killer idea, love it still. Was a little big, but 30 of us have a mod to fix that ... The return of inline drops! The cross rising is whatever, but it's neat. The snake is a scoop, and a switch, at the same time. Love shots that change, the open or closed mouth really makes it cool.
Song integration is ... okay. You pick a song, but it doesn't mean much. The catalog is cool, it leans old school, which I appreciate, but it's kinda small. GNR just murders it with selection. I wish Metallica had 21 songs!
The band does callouts. Uh. It kinds sounds like GNR and Metallica are in the same boat with this one. Look, you're known for your music, not your voice acting, I get it.
Slash recording new music for GNR is amazing. Top tier band integration, hat(s) off.
The music in Metallica plays for certain modes, and that's cool, but again, mostly doesn't mean much most of the time. I like how GNR has the ability to pick new songs purposefully, and the way you can go after albums is really clever.
I see a big win for each game still on the board: For GNR it's just such an immersive package. My Metallica is nice, color DMD, LE backglass, all the stuff, but ... well it looks bare next to GNR's lightshow and big screens. It's a fun game that has a music theme, GNR is the full concert.
Metallica though has what I haven't seen yet on on GNR, and maybe it's hidden there, I haven't seen it all. Crank It Up. Just super creative single ball play. A killer playfield with great code modes and the tension is all one ball progression. It's surgical. Yeah, the game is wood choppy, and has it's own multiballs to grind, but Crank It Up is special. Code like that really makes it. If GNR can get some more taste of that I think it would go a long way.

Well, Met and GNR have a 7 years gap.
JJP always tried to make the best theme integration as possible. GNR is just insane.
But previous reliability issues and economic factors make GNR without any interactive toy. It’s a pity.
However, gameplay and code are kings for me. Met is way better than ACDC imho. Lets see what GNR can offer. I love ramps and diverters so very happy with GNR

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

In my opinion, Keith is a master programmer and has programmed some of my favorite games.
What I like most about his programming style is the way he embraces the theme of whatever game he's working on and takes you on a journey.
His layered and complex rules usually give you multiple ways to approach the game and grow with you over time.
I like his goal oriented rulesets with rewards in the form of cool light shows, display and sound effects, which I prefer over score oriented rulesets with rewards like playfield and shot multipliers that have little fanfare.
He also has intricate risk vs reward rules to maximize your score if you want to learn them, play in tournaments, etc...
From what I've seen so far, GNR has all of the above.
TL:dr
A few streams that look multiball heavy are not going to shake my faith in Keith's master programming skills.

Sincerely i hope it will be less deep and complex than woz.
And depth must be depending on how the game is draining or ball time. Unless it could be quickly frustrating.

#2308 3 years ago

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

--
--

You summed up MET perfectly. The only game that's survived my collection, if you can call one game a collection now. I do find it wood choppy and we don't play it as often anymore, but it's not leaving anytime soon. I am really wanting a GNR but trying to justify the enormous expense.

#2310 3 years ago
B68F44E2-BC35-43CE-B88B-56989B1080FE (resized).jpegB68F44E2-BC35-43CE-B88B-56989B1080FE (resized).jpeg
#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

You have to play a cumulative 3 minutes of song time from the album (per album)

Oh that’s cool. Thanks!

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Let's shake the magic 8 ball and see what minor issue Pinside haters will hyperfocus on this time to shit on a pin!

Shake it again and see why some pinsiders minor issue's and complaints automatically make other pinsiders see it as shitting on a pin. Let me know

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think anyone thinks it's that killer of a package.

I disagree, my Luci was beautiful. Just a great playing game with what is for me better music. Personally I don't want a lot of band integration in music pins. I like what Met and AC/DC had in them code wise but Maiden was just incredible. GnR for me would have been better with studio versions and some modes that played into the theme of each song yet OG in their design. Assemble the band and play a concert? Not so much.

#2314 3 years ago

Did I see correctly that if you don’t make the shots during a song, the booing off the stage doesn’t just end the song but has you drain? If so, that’s likely why every song is a multiball. It does allow people to play longer and hear more of the song. The game then becomes more of a a Guitar Hero / Rock Band type game where you just try to stay alive. And it focuses on the concert experience with the light show and everything. So, it does seem like a design choice. It might not be for everyone, but it is different in terms of how most pins are played.

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hey, are you new in this thread? That sort of positivity is so yesterday. Don't you realise the narrative has changed to negativity and criticism?

It's very hard to be negative about it ONCE YOU'VE ACTUALLY PLAYED IT.

#2316 3 years ago

One thing I will say is that JJP finally nailed the release of a pin. Show a professionally made video or two, TWIP Deep Dive, have games already shipping to people from day 1 and then the Buffalo stream was well done and well lit.

I like the way Stern and Jack Danger do it but they really should let let Jack run solo in his location and not stream from the fluorescent breakroom while half interested Stern employees stand around the game. JJP showed everyone how it should be done. A+, even my wife asked me to cast it to the hdtv.

#2317 3 years ago

Time for a GNR owners thread. GNR pin lovers only. No Haters club.

#2318 3 years ago

Game looks great, makes me as a non GNR fan want to buy this game for the total experience.
I love how they try and bring the concert into your home

I do love the experience of a toy/mech in a game - love the trex in JP2
But, I don't really need a toy or mech to make a machine great.
IMDN is "toyless" and such a great fun game
I hope JJP doesn't eliminate mechs going forward on all games, but don't think they will be missed on GNR

I love multi-balls in a game, but I do like a little effort to obtain MB
Making it so easily accessible and happening so much in the game removes the special feeling you get when you start MB
and frankly it gets exhausting playing multiball so often

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JJP showed everyone how it should be done.

Oh man its starting. I'll leave u guys to it. A teaser then months of nothing and after 5 pins with delays and issues this is how it should be done? then anyone who critiques this pin is a hater. I love pinside.

#2320 3 years ago

I took matter into my own hands with our Aerosmith Pro. Love the gameplay and the fun we have when playing it. But the background animations during song modes should've been videos of the band. So I added it. Full assets, baby!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KCWDoet23Y7fiQ1D6

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How are the album modes started?

Have to play songs on the album. This is another risk/reward piece. You need 3 minutes of songs for album mode, but that's just silver. If you do 6 minutes of songs, it's gold, 9 is platinum, and 12 is diamond. The higher the level, the more points album mode is worth. (That's how i heard it explained last night).

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not constructive, it's destructive. The shift from excitement to shitting on a game is reliable as the tides on Pinside, and it's just disheartening to see.
Have you even played it? Maybe the multiballs are fun! They sure were on POTC.

Dude listen. Lots of us were excited as hell. I even called it a possibility of being the next greatest of all time. Often we can tell if a game is good or bad by watching, and after watching I can tell it was a huge let down for me.

Just because we are let down doesn't mean we cant talk about it. Game still seems good, obviously, but the shots seem boring as all hell and the multiballs are just too darn many and once in them, it seems you can never NOT be in them.

I wonder if the massive amount of multiballs is to compensate for the fact it isn't fun to shoot? Like, disguising the playfield in a way. Hell, I don't know. Still wish to play it. But I sure as heck wouldn't want to drop 10k to find out.

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took matter into my own hands with our Aerosmith Pro. Love the gameplay and the fun we have when playing it. But the background animations during song modes should've been video of the band. So I added it. Full assets, baby!

That's kick ass. I haven't spent enough time on Aerosmith. I feel like it's under the radar.

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Have to play songs on the album. This is another risk/reward piece. You need 3 minutes of songs for album mode, but that's just silver. If you do 6 minutes of songs, it's gold, 9 is platinum, and 12 is diamond. The higher the level, the more points album mode is worth. (That's how i heard it explained last night).

Very cool. Kind of like the arkenstone scoring in Hobbit. I love that.

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude listen. Lots of us were excited as hell. I even called it a possibility of being the next greatest of all time. Often we can tell if a game is good or bad by watching, and after watching I can tell it was a huge let down for me. J
Just because we are let down doesn't mean we cant talk about it. Game still seems good, obviously, but the shots seem boring as all hell and the multiballs are just too darn many and once in them, it seems you can never NOT be in them.
I wonder if the massive amount of multiballs is to compensate for the fact it isn't fun to shoot? Like, disguising the pkayfield in a way. Hell, I don't know. Still wish to play it. But I sure as heck wouldn't want to drop 10k to find out.

OK - to say zaphX is a JJP fanboy would be an understatement so of course he’s over the top defending them by saying pinside is to blame BUT as someone that has played this game for a few hours - the shot are definitely fun. Let’s not get too crazy. MB madness needs to be toned down but it’s a very fun pin! So much of this game is felt by actually being there live and seeing it, hearing it, feeling it. It’s hard to translate via a stream. I’m very excited to get my LE!

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - to say zaphx is a JJP fanboy would be an understatement so of course he’s over the top defending them BUT as someone that has played this game for a few hours - the shot are definitely fun. Let’s not get too crazy. MB madness needs to be toned down but it’s a very fun pin! I’m very excited to get my LE!

I mean, I am too. I actually planned to just collect all jjps, but then realized how silly that would be and would miss out on other great games. So believe me, it is hard for me to criticize this game. I'm glad it is still good and glad you're excited to get it!!

#2327 3 years ago

I am so excited to get this game.

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took matter into my own hands with our Aerosmith Pro. Love the gameplay and the fun we have when playing it. But the background animations during song modes should've been videos of the band. So I added it. Full assets, baby!

Been following your progress on one of the FB groups. Freakin awesome. Makes my miss my ASLE so much. It is a seriously underrated game - thinking about getting one back but they’re pretty rare down here.

#2330 3 years ago

Slash was on AEW Dynamite last night.

723BEC5B-2EBF-40E8-B8DB-FD1ED2998CEF (resized).jpeg723BEC5B-2EBF-40E8-B8DB-FD1ED2998CEF (resized).jpeg
#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow. Super awesome. Such a beautiful machine, too.

#2332 3 years ago

I just wanted to asks. Do any of you think soft plunging is fun or requires skill?
Especially the inconsistend flipper feed from it would freak me out. I takes so much time to get the ball under control.

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone else notice the Wonka/slot machine sounds mixed in? Skill shot is the most obvious. These are polar opposite to the rough edge of gnr... Man, I hope toy story doesn't sound like Vegas.

I actually dig the sounds on Wonka; maybe it's just me...

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I just wanted to asks. Do any of you think soft plunging is fun or requires skill?
Especially the inconsistend flipper feed from it would freak me out. I takes so much time to get the ball under control.

I think it’s a good change of pace. Haven’t seen a plunge like that since TZ and that plunge was hard to get a hold of too. Bring it.

#2335 3 years ago

Played this game last night. It is a 10 for pinball fans and an 11 for GNR fans. Woke up this morning to see this on the front page of the business section in the Chicago Tribune. Way to go Eric and JJP!

IMG_3381 (resized).jpgIMG_3381 (resized).jpg
#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude listen. Lots of us were excited as hell. I even called it a possibility of being the next greatest of all time. Often we can tell if a game is good or bad by watching, and after watching I can tell it was a huge let down for me.
I wonder if the massive amount of multiballs is to compensate for the fact it isn't fun to shoot? Like, disguising the playfield in a way. Hell, I don't know. Still wish to play it. But I sure as heck wouldn't want to drop 10k to find out.

I am seriously on the fence now that I saw the gameplay. I have a deposit down on an LE but not sure I want the game. I am a big fan of JJP I own a WOZRR and a Hobbit and love them both. I would love to own a NIB JJP especially with a more adult theme but after seeing the amount of multiballs and a fat Axl on the screen (lol) not sure I want it anymore. Great looking game and this is good for the Pin community but probably not for me. Congrats to all the guys and gals that love GNR, the songs and lightshow is definitely over the top.

#2337 3 years ago

I watched about 90 minutes of the stream last night and here are my thoughts (just to note...I've owned 4 previous JJP machines (WoZ, Hobbit, DI, and POTC). POTC is my favorite, and only DI remains in my collection).

GnR2 looks incredible (of course). The lighting, the art, the LCD concert footage and animations...really top notch. Playing this game looks like a true audio/visual experience like no other. Best looking JJP game so far.

Jury is out for me on playfield and gameplay. Like many others have said, it looks like it may be too multiball heavy. I can be okay with lots of multiballs (love them on POTC)...but they have to have a purpose. One of the reasons I really didn't like the Hobbit is I felt like I was playing the same multiball modes (which didn't feel special) over and over and constantly in multiball. I loved getting into the movie multiball modes in POTC and stacking them together, trying to get to 666 multiball, and each multiball in POTC had a unique objective to go for. I probably seem very inconsistent in my logic...oh well . Spinning disc is just meh for me. The guitar stock playfields are definitely very cool looking, but I am not sure that upper playfield looks fun to flip.

I am a casual fan of GnR and when I first saw the reveal I was like "wow, I want an LE". After the stream last night, I definitely need to get my hands on one and play it before making any decisions. I am sure for a big GnR fan this game will be the bomb.

Congrats to all the new owners of the game and to JJP! Game looks great and I can't wait to play one. As always, to each their own...some will love it and some will hate it. Regardless, always an accomplishment when a new machine is mass produced.

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I am seriously on the fence now that I saw the gameplay. I have a deposit down on an LE but not sure I want the game. I am a big fan of JJP I own a WOZRR and a Hobbit and love them both. I would love to own a NIB JJP especially with a more adult theme but after seeing the amount of multiballs and a fat Axl on the screen (lol) not sure I want it anymore. Great looking game and this is good for the Pin community but probably not for me. Congrats to all the guys and gals that love GNR, the songs and lightshow is definitely over the top.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that was disappointed in the chubby axle wearing "going shopping at walmart" clothing. Was off putting to me as well.

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Game still seems good, obviously, but the shots seem boring as all hell and the multiballs are just too darn many and once in them, it seems you can never NOT be in them.

The boring shots concern me as well. Also not a fan of the spinning disk mech...have no idea why so many recent games are drawn to it. Odd.

Everything else about the game looks awesome and I'm a sucker for Rock and Roll pins, so I'm likely going to pick up an LE.

#2340 3 years ago

One thing that I would like to see in this game is some sort of "learning mode".

(not that I would need it, I'm a poor student and can't even affort a used pin)

When the songs started I just couldn't figure out what the lit shots are with the flashy lightshow going on and 3+ balls flying around for a minute.
Then a rule of "hit the red/yellow flashing shots" is kind of not very useful if the whole rest of the playfield is also somewhere between white, orange, blue or whatever and flashing all the time.
I just can't see what shots they need to hit, and I bet I would have the same problem when playing the game. I want to look at the lights, not the display, when having to keep multiple balls alive, and when I'm on a timer, and when I'm punished for trapping.

So this mode could be an adjustment (as everything on a JJP game):

→ MAX SONG BACKGROUND INTENSITY: x (50% - 100%) - basically a flat multiplier on all RGB values so that the required shots are at 100% and the rest is a bit darker

→ SONG LEARNING AMOUNT: y (0=off, 1 - 5) - For the first y times a song is played, reduce the background lightshow intensity by 75%, then gradually increase it over 5 song plays to 100%, but with a maximum of x."

#2341 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - to say zaphx is a JJP fanboy would be an understatement

Heh, can confirm. Guilty as charged.
I have yet to be disappointed by a JJP purchase, so I’m naturally (and genuinely) passionate about their products.

I’ll shut up and let Pinside do what Pinside does.
Given the CE sellout I think this game is finally going to be a game whose sales are Pinside-proof.

#2342 3 years ago

The rest of the article:

IMG_3382 (resized).jpgIMG_3382 (resized).jpg
#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I watched about 90 minutes of the stream last night and here are my thoughts (just to note...I've owned 4 previous JJP machines (WoZ, Hobbit, DI, and POTC). POTC is my favorite, and only DI remains in my collection).
GnR2 looks incredible (of course). The lighting, the art, the LCD concert footage and animations...really top notch. Playing this game looks like a true audio/visual experience like no other. Best looking JJP game so far.
Jury is out for me on playfield and gameplay. Like many others have said, it looks like it may be too multiball heavy. I can be okay with lots of multiballs (love them on POTC)...but they have to have a purpose. One of the reasons I really didn't like the Hobbit is I felt like I was playing the same multiball modes (which didn't feel special) over and over and constantly in multiball. I loved getting into the movie multiball modes in POTC and stacking them together, trying to get to 666 multiball, and each multiball in POTC had a unique objective to go for. I probably seem very inconsistent in my logic...oh well . Spinning disc is just meh for me. The guitar stock playfields are definitely very cool looking, but I am not sure that upper playfield looks fun to flip.
I am a casual fan of GnR and when I first saw the reveal I was like "wow, I want an LE". After the stream last night, I definitely need to get my hands on one and play it before making any decisions. I am sure for a big GnR fan this game will be the bomb.
Congrats to all the new owners of the game and to JJP! Game looks great and I can't wait to play one. As always, to each their own...some will love it and some will hate it. Regardless, always an accomplishment when a new machine is mass produced.

The only thing that I have an issue with is the amount of MB’s and how much time is spent in those modes. Maybe it gets coded down a bit who knows.
From a gameplay perspective I wonder how it will stand up in a line up with POTC which is another heavy MB game but with more purpose.

Something I didn’t take note of in the streams last night, how long did the average game last?

#2344 3 years ago

Everyone is ripping on fat axel but how many of you are overweight? I thought you’re not supposed to fat shame people nowadays or does that only apply to women?

#2345 3 years ago

This one still cracks me up-Mama and Axl...

Mama and Axl.pngMama and Axl.png
#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Everyone is ripping on fat axel but how many of you are overweight? I thought you’re not supposed to fat shame people nowadays or does that only apply to women?

This hit it on the head. I’ve never understood the people that come in here to try and make a laugh by showing unflattering pictures of Axl with stupid captions like “we’ve got fries and pies”
First of all, Axl Rose was better looking than ANY of the people that I’ve ever seen on pinside. I’ve seen some of you at the pinball shows, theres no horn to toot.

Second of all, he’s much older now, and even with that said, he’s not what I would consider overweight, in fact the last two shows I saw of them in 2016, he looked perfectly fine.... it’s just funny how so many people apparently care about what Axl Rose looks like now, because of what he once looked like then, the dude was and still is a total bad ass that lives in a Malibu mansion, and still can rock with the best of them.

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are reasons why Stern has crushed JJP and the competition up to now.

Hamburger vs steak argument.

Like saying how great AOL was back in the 90's based on how many subscribers they had.

Room for both companies, they make different products that only vaguely look alike.

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This hit it on the head. I’ve never understood the people that come in here to try and make a laugh by showing unflattering pictures of Axl with stupid captions like “we’ve got fries and pies”
First of all, Axl Rose was better looking than ANY of the people that I’ve ever seen on pinside. I’ve seen some of you at the pinball shows, theres no horn to toot.
Second of all, he’s much older now, and even with that said, he’s not what I would consider overweight, in fact the last two shows I saw of them in 2016, he looked perfectly fine.... it’s just funny how so many people apparently care about what Axl Rose looks like now, because of what he once looked like then, the dude was and still is a total bad ass that lives in a Malibu mansion, and still can rock with the best of them.

Yeah..he looks normal and healthier now, back then looked like a crack addict.

#2349 3 years ago

So I put down for a standard, and I have the option to get an LE, as I requested from my distributor and is noted on my invoice that I can change.
I can’t decide.

I want the general gameplay, but I’m honestly not thrilled with the art on the standard, I love the Le and CE art package, and I also want that extra upper playfield stuff, but $2700 for the extra is sort of hard to swallow.
I just paid $3000 for a Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 with a plow and a winch with 700 original miles, and I hit the trails the other day with it and it was amazing. It’s a lot of machine for the money.
It’s hard to justify by comparison some red side rails and lockdown bar and some little playfield with a flipper for $2700...
I’m trying not to price bitch, I’m just trying to justify do I really NEED the extra, and personally I’m torn. It looks so good though lol

Ugh. The pinball life, ain’t it great?

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s a good change of pace. Haven’t seen a plunge like that since TZ and that plunge was hard to get a hold of too. Bring it.

Hot Wheels has a long soft plunge with 3 different outcomes in combination with riding the tach with the left flipper button...and the super is if you can quickly follow with a left orbit shot after the plunge. A true skill shot. When you max it out you feel like you accomplished something. GnR looks ok but not a lot of real estate there. Just kind of dribbles out. It is better than the old Stern hit the lit lane that you can switch so really requires no skill beyond remembering to do it

Quoted from brucipher:

One of the reasons I really didn't like the Hobbit is I felt like I was playing the same multiball modes (which didn't feel special) over and over and constantly in multiball. I loved getting into the movie multiball modes in POTC and stacking them together, trying to get to 666 multiball, and each multiball in POTC had a unique objective to go for. I probably seem very inconsistent in my logic...oh well .

You are not inconsistent. This is the exact feeling I had on both games. POTC had unique shots for each MB. They were more like traditional modes than the story modes to me. I knew what I was shooting for. Hobbit was good too but was a bit excessive at times. I suppose it helped considering how wide open the playfield was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/47?hl=rhettdr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.