pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 111.
#2201 3 years ago

I've got to say, the lightshow is great and the display footage and sound etc. but probably can pass (I will play it to make a better decision first) but too much with the multi balls (IMO)

D3C1B3CC-B56F-4A40-845D-C81D0D30A169 (resized).jpegD3C1B3CC-B56F-4A40-845D-C81D0D30A169 (resized).jpeg

#2202 3 years ago

Once I get tired of mutiballs I think I'll sell my CE for WAY MORE than I paid for it lol....

#2203 3 years ago

The shots just seem boring from what I see on the Buffalo stream.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Once I get tired of mutiballs I think I'll sell my CE for WAY MORE than I paid for it lol....

don't care

#2205 3 years ago

See, POTC had a lot of multiballs, but I liked them. They fit. They make sense. This is just.... gratuitous.

#2206 3 years ago

To be fair, I haven't seen a single gameplay stream for any game that gets me excited. Generally I just have to play it first.

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To be fair, I haven't seen a single gameplay stream for any game that gets me excited. Generally I just have to play it first.

Man, watch Bowen play pinball in his tutorials. Its hard not to be excited watching him play good games.

#2208 3 years ago

Has the buffalo stream been posted yet?

#2209 3 years ago

So excited to get this machine. It will be the best JJP yet.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Has the buffalo stream been posted yet?

YouTube. Go to their channel.

#2211 3 years ago

Man. Someone check on Carry Hardy. If AIQ stream put him to sleep I think this might kill him.

#2212 3 years ago

I'm almost more excited by what we saw from Deeproot than GnR. Sorry but someone else has to be thinking the same thing I am watching that stream!

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I'm almost more excited by what we saw from Deeproot than GnR. Sorry but someone else has to be thinking the same thing I am watching that stream!

lol...

#2214 3 years ago

Can’t rip a full plunge on a rock n roll pin? Soft plunges, to me, belong on a Kenny G themed pin.

#2215 3 years ago

Ok what I saw earlier was actually called "What the Flip"... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763534548

Watch this to see it play a little faster and watch the redhead play an 11 million point game... you'll hopefully get a better impression. You'll see some different single ball modes but yeah... lotta multiball.

-

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Really need to see the Buffalo stream now that a few limited gameplay vids are out. Game feels waaaaaaay multi ball heavy. POTC felt this way as well but GnR looks to be much too easy to get MB and add balls. I feel like I am watching someone play a GnR pachinko machine.
Also, I am concerned that the song modes are going to be like POTC story modes. I applaud their effort in having choreographed lighting which is unique to every song. It looks awesome (although sometimes seizure-inducing). But the actual shooting ie hit these two random lit areas over and over is pretty uninspiring.
It is too early to tell at this point and there are a lot more things to shoot for besides song modes. However, song modes are the bread and butter of this game and I hope that the shot logic is up to par with the light show.

Remove the lights from this game and what do you have left? $12,5k for lights? Disappointed there is not a lot to shoot at and no interesting ball mech interaction, because there are no real motorized interactive mechs on the PF.

It is a tough game to stream and get people excited, with the lack of interesting pinball mechanics. If one likes loads of multi-balls and listening to music with tons of lights, this one is for you. Real pinball enthusiast, check before entering, lol.

Kevin at Buffalo Pinball, is doing a good job streaming this game. Grats to JJP selling out 500 CEs!

#2217 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link and tuning in.

I had zero expectations or hype going into playing this game, and I had a ton of fun. The light show and fun factor are just top notch. Great job everyone at JJP, this feels like something special.

#2218 3 years ago

I really wanted to like this game and still want to play it but man if its that boring to watch

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Kevin at Buffalo Pinball, is doing a good job streaming this game!

Great job for sure. I would’ve liked the game sound up more, but I’m sure he had his reasons. I’m definitely going to copy those camera angles. I thought they were perfect to show off the game.

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm beginning to think Slash is the only celebrity in the world that really likes pinball, he's the only one we hear about. Maybe Hugh Hefner, but he was too busy to play pinball.

Don’t forget Selena Gomez. She’s young and should have a long pinball future.

381ACAFF-B43C-4AFE-827F-4083D70DF9B3.jpeg381ACAFF-B43C-4AFE-827F-4083D70DF9B3.jpeg
#2221 3 years ago

I would love to see at minute count in multiball as appossed to single ball play.

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is just.... gratuitous.

Well, it is GnR so.

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I would love to see at minute count in multiball as appossed to single ball play.

I may all depend on who is playing. For example, if it were me, each multiball would last about 15-20 seconds and then we’d be back to single ball play.

#2224 3 years ago

regarding the stream:

jack might be doing cartwheels tonight because...

CE buyers may be willing to back out of their purchase now, and his oversold problem could go away.

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It WAS kinda fun wasn't it? The game was set up at a decent angle and had some speed. Linsey made it look easy and also made it look like the longest playing, most forgiving game ever. Luckily the guys would promptly bomb out showing the game maybe wasn't too easy after all.
"What The Flip" https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763534548
On the other hand I had to turn off the Buffalo stream after a few minutes as I guess they didn't know how to set up the game. Never seen a modern game set so slow and floaty. What a shame.
Tried to warn 'em early on how slow it looked on the stream and promptly got "moderated" lol.
-

Agreed. Why does this happen so much with JJP initial release videos?

How difficult is it to crank up the back legs and increase the flipper power in the settings? Also, this is a music pin, play a few games with the volume up!

Combine the floaty pitch with someone who has a slow and methodical playing style (but hasn't mastered the shot geometries) and it was a little difficult to watch. Still, I appreciate Kevin for streaming the game and it was nice hearing the commentary from the team.

I think the "What the Flip" stream is a better representation of the energy the game can create. I still think the game should be set up faster but the variety of players helped.

First impressions are important!

#2226 3 years ago

Just going through start of Buffalo stream and took this screen shot when Kevins just about to start his first Song.
58 Second ball save!!! This seems kinda of crazy time for a ball save. Kevin had started a previous multi ball for hitting the under the upper flipper shot.
So I guess he had added some time to the song ball save but come on a minutes worth of ball save at the start of the song...
Will have to make adjustments to these sort of settings to prevent crazy long games for home use.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Agreed. Why does this happen so much with JJP initial release videos?
How difficult is it to crank up the back legs and increase the flipper power in the settings? Also, this is a music pin, play a few games with the volume up!
Combine the floaty pitch with someone who has a slow and methodical playing style (but hasn't mastered the shot geometries) and it was a little difficult to watch. Still, I appreciate Kevin for streaming the game and it was nice hearing the commentary from the team.
I think the "What the Flip" stream is a better representation of the energy the game can create.
First impressions are important!

The What the Flip stream was great. They were singing, having a blast, and just enjoying the game. Really captured the fun atmosphere of the game. Buffalo stream I learned a lot more about the game.

I certainly see your point, but its kind of apples and oranges.

#2228 3 years ago

Put it in competition mode and lower all ball saves to 5 secs, see if you can increase song difficulty, jack the machine up and increase sling and flipper strength and then judge the machine. Machine setup is super important especially for good players.

Quoted from SimonBaird:

Just going through start of Buffalo stream and took this screen shot when Kevins just about to start his first Song.
58 Second ball save!!! This seems kinda of crazy time for a ball save. Kevin had started a previous multi ball for hitting the under the upper flipper shot.
So I guess he had added some time to the song ball save but come on a minutes worth of ball save at the start of the song...
Will have to make adjustments to these sort of settings to prevent crazy long games for home use. [quoted image]

#2229 3 years ago

My Pink Floyd Echos wizard mode with a 23 min ball save doesn’t seem so crazy now. Haha

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Put it in competition mode and lower all ball saves to 5 secs, see if you can increase song difficulty, jack the machine up and increase sling and flipper strength and then judge the machine. Machine setup is super important especially for good players.

Or you could just leave it out of the tournament lineup. Much easier. Not every game needs to be in a tournament.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The center scoop bothers me more than the Multiballs.

Agreed....for the most part the path up the middle should never have a scoop or bank of targets that break up the flow. I realized all my favorite games have the toys, targets, ramps etc...up near the back of the pf or to the side. The game flows better that way.

#2232 3 years ago

If I can make the Hobbit a tournament game I can make any game one, but you are right some machines just aren’t tournament worthy and JJP except for Dialed In doesn’t seem to cater to tournament players, they want a machine the mainstream player can play and be successful on. Which is great for the majority of pinball players and sucks for the few elite it is what it is, still won’t stop me from bastardizing it to see if I can do it lol...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or you could just leave it out of the tournament lineup. Much easier. Not every game needs to be in a tournament.

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

If I can make the Hobbit a tournament game I can make any game one

So can I. But sometimes I feel you have to do too much to make a game tournament worthy and it takes away too much fun. I just pass on using those games.

#2234 3 years ago

Just finished the Buffalo stream, some random thoughts. I see where folks are coming from when they say you'll appreciate it exponentially more if you're a than a casual GnR fan. I wouldn't say I was an AC/DC fan but I loved that pin for a time. I think either Joe or Keith said this was the perfect game for 'tournament players' or something like that, there are many many layers to the scoring and goals. The light show is nuts of course. I haven't seen the band on-stage (on TV, I was 10) since the 80's so it's jarring to see current Axl out there jumping around, definitely not the Axl you remember from MTV

Looks like a fun a game, but my interest in owning is waning a wee bit. I listened to so much GnR as a teenager, I may have burnt myself out

But if you have remained or are still a GnR fan, congratulations, JJP crushed it!

#2235 3 years ago

I'd love to know what other pinball designers think of the design and gameplay of the GnR pinball machine from JJP. I'll say this the light show is incredible. Hard to look past it as it completes the gameplay experience but if it didn't have that would it be so sought after? I'm not a fan of the theme and I respect GnR music but Axel's voice has been, is and always will SUCK ASS! As for Gameplay...it's heavy on Multiball if you like that sort of thing....I mean very heavy....I'd say the ratio of Multiball or just 1 ball playing is about even. Seems like you don't even need to achieve anything to get Multiball in the game as several modes just seem to keep kicking balls out onto the playfield. It plays quick seems like it has good flow but I hate the angle of the left and right ramps.....reminds me too much of Wonka. Game almost feels like a Pat Lawlor pin with alot of stop and go action...typically seen in many of Pat Lawlor Pins....if you like that kind of thing. Some other things I noticed in game when a song is playing the song seems to be interrupted occasionally when you hit a target or something....it will play some other random guitar riff audio over the song track.....sorta annoying....I know the other rock pins have audio that does this too but they aren't guitar riffs and it seems more noticeable on GnR. I've seen enough of the spinning disc with the post attached to it (TMNT, Avengers, GnR & RAZA all have it....GET RID OF IT....It's a dumb ass add-on. Find something better to put on that playfield.....Put a bash toy on the playfield or something more fun.....For $9k+ it should have a better feature than a spinning disc. This is a pass for me until I play it....maybe I will change my mind.

#2236 3 years ago

I haven't seen either stream yet, but my 12-year-old and I put a few games on the same game What The Flip streamed after they left.

I felt like GnR was less flowy than Wonka, but far more fun, far more of an experience. We did have a lot of multiballs. I agree with Chuck that the multiballs were great fun but might get old in a home environment.

Starting a song is really an amazing moment that won't get old. The way that the lights are incorporated is amazing. My son, without knowing anything about it ahead of time, said quote, "it's like a concert built into the game".

I hate the plunge. I love the way that the inserts and lights "pulse" to show you what to hit, rather than the blinking I'm used to.

We aren't a GnR family, the only song my son knew was Welcome to the Jungle because of the Bengals. Regardless, I think we both would prefer GnR to the AIQ Premium that we've got on order. And that kind of sucks for us.

#2237 3 years ago

The risk/reward is awesome in this code for tournament players but the 15 minute Multiballs are no good. The only dangerous shot on the game I seen was the right post spinner and a miss hit on upper right flipper everything else is super safe so I think top players will have a field day with this one without adjustments. Just my opinion I will know more next week, the SE model might actually be a better choice and usually is on Stern models as well anyway.

Quoted from jarozi:

Just finished the Buffalo stream, some random thoughts. I see where folks are coming from when they say you should really be more than a casual GnR fan. I wouldn't say I was an AC/DC fan but I loved that pin for a time. I think either Joe or Keith said this was the perfect game for 'tournament players' or something like that, there are many many layers to the scoring and goals. The light show is nuts of course. I haven't seen the band on-stage (on TV, I was 10) since the 80's so it's jarring to see current Axl out there jumping around, definitely not the Axl you remember from MTV
Looks like a fun a game, but my interest in owning is waning a wee bit. I listened to so much GnR as a teenager, I may have worn myself out
But if you have remained or are still a GnR fan, congratulations, they did it!

#2238 3 years ago

With all the multiballs bashing into each other, I'm surprised there isn't a mode calls multiball mosh pit.

Light show, top notch, no other Pinball machine on the planet right now that can compete with that light show.

As a GnR fan, the graphics, interface, concert footage is amazing.

Playfield, awesome, needs one toy still.

Spinning disc grew on me because the playfield reacts to it. The lights spin as the disc spins.

Like everyone else has mentioned, too many multiballs. That can be fixed with code, we shall see.

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it'll be a great tournament with the timed mode being added later. Think about it. A 4 player game taking the exact same amount of time every time. Amazing

#2240 3 years ago

Watched the first ten minutes of the What the flip stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763534548 . 100% better. The game is so much easier to follow when there is one or two balls in song mode. Also despite only playing the song in mostly single ball (couple of add a balls) or max two balls the end score for the song was still really high. The game went from looking like a continuous fail non-stop with unlimited balls entering the playfield, to a more focused aim for the shots mode progression. You could actually follow along with the song and animations instead of everything seemed to be in epileptic mode like on some other streams. Going to watch more of this stream over the course of the day but I think it shows there is a quality game experience lying underneath all the multi-ball madness....

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not to mention it’s a better layout with great code
Lyman does a pretty good job in that category as well!
With GNR, less is more with toys etc and it’s about the “experience”
That’s why it’s selling and JJP finally has a pin to compete with Stern

After watching the stream I'm not giving up my JPLE, EHOHLE or AIQLE anytime soon.

I'm still VERY excited for the GNR CE coming my way because of the "experience", band support, assets and basically getting to play a GNR concert whenever i want to.

Like i said, it's gonna be a great rock it out beer drinker.

They should have hired the hot chick in the release video to flip that game on the stream. No offense intended but it was very "low energy". Versus the other informal stream where you had two people amped up, singing and dancing.

The layout and/or interaction with toys and such? See my first sentence.

#2242 3 years ago

The Multiballs.

Balls just falling out forever...it's like watching puppies being born.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

With all the multiballs bashing into each other, I'm surprised there isn't a mode calls multiball mosh pit.
Light show, top notch, no other Pinball machine on the planet right now that can compete with that light show.
As a GnR fan, the graphics, interface, concert footage is amazing.
Playfield, awesome, needs one toy still.
Spinning disc grew on me because the playfield reacts to it. The lights spin as the disc spins.
Like everyone else has mentioned, too many multiballs. That can be fixed with code, we shall see.

Yeah, while we critique the game play, we have to give them credit for beautiful art, integration, sound and of course the lightshow...wow! I would even add the graphics are beautiful and fitting for a R&R pin. The layout is a B though, mostly because of the scoop. I would have been fun to have a video mode where you play duel Slash with the flipper buttons playing a guitar solo....

#2244 3 years ago

Maybe this game has re-inveneted pinball coding - instead of working constantly to get into multiball, like we mostly do now, you are working to get to single ball modes. Revolutionary!

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Fair to sell but don’t be a dick about it

Not surprised to hear that folks are responding this way about mb. Its the worst thing from my experience playing as well. Hopefully jjp cuts it down

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it'll be a great tournament with the timed mode being added later. Think about it. A 4 player game taking the exact same amount of time every time. Amazing

Certain formats would work with this yeah. Heads up comes to mind. Wouldn’t work in matchplay though. Not good to mix formats typically.

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I felt like GnR was less flowy than Wonka, but far less fun, far less of an experience.

Are you saying you felt like GNR was "far less fun and less of an experience" versus Wonka?

Less flowy? Agreed. You mean GNR more fun and better experience right?

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Certain formats would work with this yeah. Heads up comes to mind. Wouldn’t work in matchplay though. Not good to mix formats typically.

Why not? Other games can be 3 ball and this could stay timed. As long as the game and song is the same for everyone. (Which isn't too different from a game like ACDC where everyone chooses Hells Bells anyway)

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you saying you felt like GNR was "far less fun and less of an experience" versus Wonka?
Less flowy? Agreed. You mean GNR more fun and better experience right?

Yeah, my bad I need to edit that. GnR didn't have the flow for me, but definitely wins in overall experience and fun.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Yeah, my bad I need to edit that. GnR didn't have the flow for me, but definitely wins in overall experience and fun.

Bueno. "Fun and experience" mean the most to me. That's what GNR represents from what i see and why i bought one.

Kudos to JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/45?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.