pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 111.
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How common is this at their shows? Sounds like a nightmare. Reminds me of when I went to a concert for George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, and George literally never came out the whole show. Haha

During the hey day, it was beyond bad. Infamous. Legendary even.

#2152 3 years ago

I’m glad Trey Anastasio has never let me down. Haha

#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What does the GNR standard have that is comparable to the portal lock mech and marvel ramp that AIQ has? Or the moving T Rex and raptor pen that JP has?

What does the GNR CE have that is comparable to the T. rex and raptor pen?

One way Panzer

#2154 3 years ago

It WAS kinda fun wasn't it? The game was set up at a decent angle and had some speed. Linsey made it look easy and also made it look like the longest playing, most forgiving game ever. Luckily the guys would promptly bomb out showing the game maybe wasn't too easy after all.

"What The Flip" https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763534548

On the other hand I had to turn off the Buffalo stream after a few minutes as I guess they didn't know how to set up the game. Never seen a modern game set so slow and floaty. What a shame.

Tried to warn 'em early on how slow it looked on the stream and promptly got "moderated" lol.

-

#2155 3 years ago

not a fan of that short plunge....light show is incredible. Havent seen the upper playfield used much so far.

#2156 3 years ago

Hhhhmmm...not sure if I am a fan of the gameplay at this stage. Seems to lack flow and is WAY to mb heavy.

#2157 3 years ago

The light show is so haphazard and almost annoying. Not impressed so far as far as gameplay.

#2158 3 years ago

I never thought I'd see the day I'd see people complaining about MB's. I mean...I agree, there appear to be a TON...however, if you find that to be an issue...just let the balls drain. :p

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One way Panzer

Regardless of what you think toys are...it certainly has way better theme integration and actual assets than JP does.

#2160 3 years ago

Watching the stream....I see the game in Multi-Ball mode more than a single ball. Where's the reward for accomplishing Multi-ball?

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Watching the stream....I see the game in Multi-Ball mode more than a single ball. Where's the reward for accomplishing Multi-ball?

song multiball seems to be risk reward which triggers at 3 min. Keep your current jackport or risk it to go further into song with a multiplyer. That seems to be how it works.

#2162 3 years ago

As a long time G&R fan from the 80s seeing the big fat axle on my screen all the time kinda sux

#2163 3 years ago

So I've watched a bit. Is there anyone else that dislikes the center scoop? I wish it was a bash toy. It's tough to miss a center scoop.

Also from what I can tell, mulitball is awarded on the plunge.

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So I've watched a bit. Is there anyone else that dislikes the center scoop? I wish it was a bash toy. It's tough to miss a center scoop.

seems like you will be hitting the scoop a lot intentionally and not intentionally. Happens in deadpool a lot too but probably more here. As long as it doesnt hold the ball too long its fine.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One way Panzer

Not to mention it’s a better layout with great code

Lyman does a pretty good job in that category as well!

With GNR, less is more with toys etc and it’s about the “experience”

That’s why it’s selling and JJP finally has a pin to compete with Stern

#2166 3 years ago

If there's anything I hate it's the short ball launch and the 2 ramps....looks like a similar angle to Wonka and I hate that right ramp on Wonka. The lightshow is beautiful....not sure why some of the audio on the songs stops in mid ball. So far it's just ok to me......I'll keep watching....

#2167 3 years ago

Don’t love it either.

Not sure how a bash toy could fit there but prob part of the cost cutting with them

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I never thought I'd see the day I'd see people complaining about MB's. I mean...I agree, there appear to be a TON...however, if you find that to be an issue...just let the balls drain. :p

Yeah I know but that seems counter productive

#2169 3 years ago

For me I think the Wonka theme sux but the gameplay and flow blows G&R away

#2170 3 years ago

The piano noise every time it rolls over the keyboard is really annoying.

#2171 3 years ago

I wonder if each time you play a song(say November rain) its the same exact footage you see each time? Or do they have 3-4 different november rain concerts they show or animation they show.

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

just got a wonka and Fing love it! I dont think its as hard as many say. Next to my TMNT its super forgiving!

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Yeah I know but that seems counter productive

Multiball is something you achieve. This pinball is just going right into Multiball after multiball. Kinda pointless IMO. Millennials might love it though! Free Multiball!

#2174 3 years ago

The game and theme, etc is not for me but this Buffalo stream will do some real damage to the early rep of this machine.

Seems to set at less than 6 degrees and is painfully slow and torture to watch. Sound was way too low (like most of these affairs) also... at least in the five minutes I managed to sit through.

By contrast the earlier stream by What The Flip was fast and reasonably exciting, showed some flow and the sound was cranked. Don't know if they archive their stuff but that informal stream was a FAR better representation of how the game can play.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763534548

Somebody let me know if they ever raised the back legs during the stream... otherwise you guys are in for a looong night

-

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Multiball is something you achieve. This pinball is just going right into Multiball after multiball. Kinda pointless IMO. Millennials might love it though! Free Multiball!

Great point. You never seem to earn it. Great for location and a family fun game. But not for most pinsiders

#2176 3 years ago

This is gonna be a great beer drinking game!

Turn it up, load up the cooler, and just flip it for fun

The “concert experience” will be great and that’s enough for me.

The layout and the rest of it is good enough. Not looking to play competition pinball here

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is gonna be a great beer drinking game!
Turn it up, load up the cooler, and just flip it for fun

I don’t have to spent 10k to do that. A quick trip to cd collection takes care of that

#2178 3 years ago

I have to say that I’m surprised with Slash being such a huge pinball fan that gameplay would be more for the casual player

#2179 3 years ago

The center scoop bothers me more than the Multiballs.

#2180 3 years ago

guitar ball lock is one of the coolest ways to lock balls ive ever seen

#2181 3 years ago

I’m loving the new proximity switches that double as insert lights. Fucking genius.

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

guitar ball lock is one of the coolest ways to lock balls ive ever seen

I agree. It's diluted a bit b/c of all the damn Multiballs though. I agree with iceman44 though. This is a kickass drinking game.

#2183 3 years ago

I agree. It's diluted a bit b/c of all the damn Multiballs though.

i think you can decide wether to release them all or not. I think i heard that from eric on a podcast. Or maybe that will be added. But it looks damn cool having multiple balls locked there.

#2184 3 years ago

On the SE I wonder how easy it might be to upgrade the white light bars with full RBG strips?

#2185 3 years ago

Even coma Outlane is a multi ball. Game looks fun, as a 5-6 home collection it’d fit in with some more brutal games. Just hop in GNR for some non-thinking fun

#2186 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

On the SE I wonder how easy it might be to upgrade the white light bars with full RBG strips?

Probably as easy as it would be to add a moving t-Rex head that eats the ball on JP pro.

#2187 3 years ago

Sooooo wanted this game but after seeing the first hour of this stream I’m pretty sure I’m out. Dam.

#2188 3 years ago

So watching the stream for a bit.... I'm.... ugh.

Look. The light show is crazy amazing. But...

Guys, I don't like it. I'm so underwhelmed by the actual gameplay. I feel they were so concerned about making the game a flamboyant in your face experience that they forgot there's a pinball in there. I started watching the stream eagerly and just turned it off after a few games.

#2189 3 years ago

I know people keep talking about the lack of stuff, but that PF looks pretty damn packed when you look down the center.

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I had a chance to play GnR and felt Wonka was a better shooter. I'm not really a fan of upper playfields and prefer something unique like TZ or the Shadow where it's not just another traditional flipper. However there is no denying how well they incorporated the theme into GnR and I highly doubt any other game will have this amount of assets going forward. For me GnR is not a dream theme so I can easily pass on this title however for those who really enjoy their music they are going to be blown away by this machine. The music and lighting do make you feel like you are at their concert. I personally think Elwin's 3 games all shoot better then GnR and can only imagine the type of game he could make if he worked at JJP and didn't have all the restrictions at Stern.

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably as easy as it would be to add a moving t-Rex head that eats the ball on JP pro.

Guess it depends if the code for the 'white' light bar on the SE is the same as the 'colour' light bar code on the LE and CE. Then it would be just a matter of finding the right RBG strip.

#2192 3 years ago
MULTI (resized).jpgMULTI (resized).jpg
#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its just a matter of time before its all out war.

Quoted from cooked71:

Just wait for gameplay reveal...

#2194 3 years ago

I'm a little worried.[quoted image]

I'm worried about multi-ball overload with 1.0 but I have faith the team will adjust the rules based on our feedback.

#2195 3 years ago

Right. Here is your candy for dinner. Like jesus. At the risk of getting shouted down, take Metallica for instance: yes there are many multiballs, but that's not where the points are. Crank it up is. And that's a single ball super scary affair.

#2196 3 years ago

Watched an hour of the stream. I want to say nothing but good things about so much of it, really an A-class effort from the whole JJP team, very impressive looking game with so much attention to detail. Not gonna lie, it makes my Metallica LE look pretty barebones.

But ... after the initial newness of the game wears off I think I'd probably have more fun playing any single-ball Crank It Up vs the endless multiball I saw this evening.

Add-a-balls were flowing like wine, the ball saver seemed like it was stuck on, and it was just a stream of balls flying everywhere. Probably a lot of fun for casual players and location play, you'll get your money's worth even if you're not a great player.

Someone is going to say "just turn off ball saver in settings, or don't lock balls" but this is just clearly how the game is meant to be played. The modes are built for it. The power chord super jackpot is a great idea, but it's just part of that "lots of multiball" thinking the game seems structured around. Even the risk reward it has add-a-ball built into the risk side. Not a lot of risk when you're giving me another ball to offset it. Kinda kills some of the tension.

Coma is a very JJP/Keefer idea, play a mode to save your ball, we've seen that before, but when it ended with yet another multiball I wasn't hyped about it, it was, well, just another multiball after I'd seen so many. Love the screen graphic with the hospital gurney and IV drip though.

I like multiball just fine, but I want to earn it and have it be a reward, not handed to me constantly. Just how I feel as a player, others might disagree.

Overall I really thought it looked like an incredible package. I'm not spending $10k on a pin, and if location play ever returns I'll be happy to get a shit ton of multiballs for my $1, so really not mad about it. But it did take some of the shine off watching it after a while, just not very interesting to see the modes when they all feel so similar with the number of balls flying around.

#2197 3 years ago

I am 50/50. It’s definitely got code, lights, and theme integration. I’ll be putting this game to my own test at my distributor showroom.

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone is going to say "just turn off ball saver in settings, or don't lock balls" but this is just clearly how the game is meant to be played.

This is where I’m at too. I think I’ll have a blast on this in small sample sizes, but I could see myself exhausted by it at home.

#2199 3 years ago

If anyone didn't watch further, album modes are single ball, but I it sounded like they are a completely different gameplay from normal.

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If anyone didn't watch further, album modes are single ball, but I it sounded like they are a completely different gameplay from normal.

How are the album modes started?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.