Topic Stats

• 5,387 posts
  • 658 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Blackjacker
  • Topic is favorited by 133 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6C83448A-E4CB-4DDE-B635-A461F9980E69 (resized).jpeg
7DFCD48F-DA21-49D0-996E-04A69BA24165 (resized).jpeg
zil2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210109_134634336 (resized).jpg
130166896_3969059506445949_8568028170914879654_o (resized).jpg
wos (resized).jpg
IMG_E0857 (resized).JPG
20201202_225715 (resized).jpg
20201202_171930 (resized).jpg
F57ABCF4-55C9-4179-913A-40D758C8F102 (resized).jpeg
IMG20201113140740 (resized).jpg
IMG20201113140730 (resized).jpg
IMG20201113135415 (resized).jpg
IMG20201113135345 (resized).jpg
FF711240-092E-4F89-A5D8-29C96F88008E (resized).jpeg
F7BFCFB9-0A7E-4B0A-AC34-2D32CEA578DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5387 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 108.
#2051 3 months ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

The game rules are: lock a ball for each instrument member. -> center scoop -> song mode

You can lock a ball for every member but I don't believe you have to lock a ball for each member. To start a song you need to collect all the members and you can lock as many as you like. The circle of circle inserts at the bottom of the playfield go solid when collected and turn green when locked.

#2052 3 months ago

Are the 4 album modes mini wizard modes that are qualified by attempting x number (or all) songs from the corresponding album?

#2053 3 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I just saw the folks at Pinball Garage unbox and jam on the LE for a bit.
One player got several multiballs in the first game. I love me some multiball, so I'm down with that!
As someone pointed out, in AIQ, you can turn every one of those modes into a multiball if you want as well.
Give me all the balls! (Phrasing)
Side Note, they open at 4 so you can go play GNR LE on location.

You gonna stream this puppy?

#2054 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are the Album Modes mini wizard modes that are qualified by attempting x number (or all) songs from the corresponding album?

You have to play songs from the same album for a minimum duration to qualify that album wizard mode. So like 2minutes on track 1 and 1 minute on track 2. Or 2:59 on track 1 and 1 second on track 2. Or 3 min on track 1 and the wizard is qualified.

#2055 3 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Having Buffalo Pinball stream this will be so much better than well......the other person

As long as you keep comparing yourself to the "other person" it means you are still #2 at best

#2056 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You have to play songs from the same album for a minimum duration to qualify that album wizard mode. So like 2minutes on track 1 and 1 minute on track 2. Or 2:59 on track 1 and 1 second on track 2. Or 3 min on track 1 and the wizard is qualified.

That's cool! There really is a lot of depth to this game and most importantly choice with the way the song modes are played. I like how the song modes can be played as single ball or up to a 6 ball multiball and the player is given the choice if and when to cash in the jackpot.

So there's 21 song modes (or is it 21 songs total in the game?), plus 4 mini wizard modes, 4 dedicated multiball modes, and 1 super wizard mode?

#2057 3 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I fucking love multiball.

Username checks out.

#2058 3 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

You gonna stream this puppy?

Soon. Don't wanna step on any toes of the official launch.
I'm sure Buffalo is gonna kill it tonight!

#2059 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's cool! There really is a lot of depth to this game and most importantly choice with the way the song modes are played. I like how the song modes can be played as single ball or up to a 6 ball multiball and the player is given the choice if and when to cash in the jackpot.
So there's 21 song modes (or is it 21 songs total in the game?), plus 4 mini wizard modes, 4 dedicated multiball modes, and 1 super wizard mode?

Yeah. People spend too much time over-analyzing the BOM on the playfield and don't realize the insane amount of gameplay content in the software.

#2060 3 months ago

Also, not sure if anyone posted this yet but saw this news story about JJP and GNR posted yesterday.

#2061 3 months ago

There are three levels to this game and you feed the bass guitar from the back through a vuk? Couldn't figure out how you feed each of the guitars

#2062 3 months ago

So the concert footage on the display is synched to recorded songs? I assume the songs live as they are being performed on the video shown?

#2063 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah. People spend too much time over-analyzing the BOM on the playfield and don't realize the insane amount of gameplay content in the software.

Yup! There's a ton of items on the playfield which some people are forgetting about. There's also a huge amount of software development hours put into GNR, as with all JJP games, that in my opinion greatly increases the perceived value of the game compared to competitor titles.

All pins are just a box of lights without software development and JJP is easily creating the deepest and most unique rulesets in pinball today. The amount of effort and attention to detail put into JJP games by their software development team is a big reason why I continue to buy their titles over competitor products. Other manufactures releases may look cool and are fun to play in the short term but its JJP games that stay in my collection the longest due to their extremely deep / unique rulesets.

#2064 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There are three levels to this game and you feed the bass guitar from the back through a vuk? Couldn't figure out how you feed each of the guitars

on the mini playfield there is a vuk to the bass or a u-turn shot to the guitar. Idk if there is a VUK from the ground level to the bass

#2065 3 months ago

I'm beginning to think Slash is the only celebrity in the world that really likes pinball, he's the only one we hear about. Maybe Hugh Hefner, but he was too busy to play pinball.

#2066 3 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So the concert footage on the display is synched to recorded songs? I assume the songs live as they are being performed on the video shown?

The studio versions of the songs were overlayed on the concert video and synced up by hand. JP's brother did it is what Eric or Keith said in one of the videos.

#2067 3 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

yes they paid someone to meticulously cut concert footage to appear lip synced to the recorded masters so that it appears seamless

#2068 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

yes they paid someone to meticulously cut concert footage to appear lip synced to the recorded masters so that it appears seamless

Gotta love JJP.

#2069 3 months ago

The attention to detail in this thing is over the top! This is how you do it! Gonna be tough to go back to tittles you get barely any assets.

#2070 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The attention to detail in this thing is over the top! This is how you do it! Gonna be tough to go back to tittles you get barely any assets.

Never heard of a music pin without assets

#2071 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not quite that much but no way is anyone getting a NIB premium for under $7k in 2020. Maybe a show special, when we had shows.

I got my BKSOR Premium for $6800.

#2072 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's more like qualify each band member > optionally lock a ball for each qualified band member > center scoop to start mode and release any locks

And to add to that, as you progress in the song, the game will add more balls into play. They need a way to take away balls too (i.e. lock balls in the guitar and you don’t get them back unless you do something spectacular, if you don’t do that special thing, game over so sad, don’t reward bad play and draining by releasing more into play).

#2073 3 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm beginning to think Slash is the only celebrity in the world that really likes pinball, he's the only one we hear about. Maybe Hugh Hefner, but he was too busy to play pinball.

Tony Bennett likes Pinball too... also Warren Buffett

21F892D9-BC40-4BF4-865E-270AECF69D88 (resized).jpeg30F45904-24CD-4872-A7E0-A6E7AA8799F9 (resized).jpeg

#2074 3 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Never heard of a music pin without assets

No pin has ever had this many licensed songs in it, not to mention as much input and effort put into by the band and their management team. MET, one of the best music pins of all time, has 12 songs while GNR has double that plus custom music created by a band member solely for the pin. Then there's all the licensed concert footage JJP got for the game.

#2075 3 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And to add to that, as you progress in the song, the game will add more balls into play. They need a way to take away balls too (i.e. lock balls in the guitar and you don’t get them back unless you do something spectacular, if you don’t do that special thing, game over so sad, don’t reward bad play and draining by releasing more into play).

You do re-lock balls on the guitar to get a power chord jackpot

And the flippers die on you if you aren't playing well (you get the ball back, but the song and MB are over)

Idk what the add-a-ball rules are or if you can turn a single ball song mode into a MB after you start the mode.

#2076 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No pin has ever had this many licensed songs in it, not to mention as much input and effort put into by the band and their management team. Even MET, one of the best music pins of all time, has 12 songs while GNR has double that plus custom music created by a band member solely for the pinball machine.

Yeah, Slash was able to get the band to record a bunch of filler music in a bunch of different keys just so that everything sounds great, even when a song isn't playing

Attention to detail!

#2077 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No pin has ever had this many licensed songs in it, not to mention as much input and effort put into by the band and their management team. Even MET, one of the best music pins of all time, has 12 songs while GNR has double that plus custom music created by a band member solely for the pinball machine.

Yes I agree, it has more assets. I just don’t agree that other music pins have “barely any assets”.

#2078 3 months ago

Thanks for posting PanzerFreak!

#2079 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No pin has ever had this many licensed songs in it, not to mention as much input and effort put into by the band and their management team. MET, one of the best music pins of all time, has 12 songs while GNR has double that plus custom music created by a band member solely for the pin. Then there's all the licensed concert footage JJP got for the game.

And don't forget these are all riginal studio recordings that they painstakingly synced up with the live footage on stage! Master recordings! That would be a crazy amount of work alone!

#2080 3 months ago

Funny how some people always just have to try and beat down a Stern game like AIQ to justify GNR.

Why can't people just agree that they BOTH look like great games? We haven't even seen how GNR plays yet, that comes tonight. I'm quite happy with the AIQLE I'm unboxing tonight as well.

AIQ, JP and Elvira are fantastic pins. Amongst many others from Stern.

I think it's great that JJP finally has a MONSTER hit on their hands with GNR! It makes it really special when you have the band's involvement to that level. Probably never to be duplicated again.

I'm looking forward to my CE coming despite the allocation debacle.

FFS, it's a great time to be in the pinball hobby right now!

#2081 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Funny how some people always just have to try and beat down a Stern game like AIQ to justify GNR.
Why can't people just agree that they BOTH look like great games? We haven't even seen how GNR plays yet, that comes tonight. I'm quite happy with the AIQLE I'm unboxing tonight as well.
I think it's great that JJP finally has a MONSTER hit on their hands with GNR! It makes it really special when you have the band's involvement to that level. Probably never to be duplicated again.

This x 100 iceman! I just don't get the tourney players and Stern army on this. I have more Sterns and 0 jjps right now, however how anyone can say this isn't a home run all around is crazy! Yes have seen a ton of game play!

#2082 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why can't people just agree that they BOTH look like great games? We haven't even seen how GNR plays yet, that comes tonight.

I applaud your effort to keep people on track... again, but some people just want to bitch about everything no matter what! It would be nice for everyone that really isn't interested in the game to just leave, but you know that won't happen.

I agree though it's an amazing time for pinball regardless of everything going on.

#2083 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, some people did bring up Stern to put down GNR, and vice versa.

I do think AIQ and GNR both look great. However, in my opinion the perceived value of a JJP pin is significantly higher then Stern games. I never question that Stern games are fun, they are and if money were no object I would buy them all. What I do question is the price Stern charges for their games and what you get for that price. JJP and Stern LE's are about the same price yet JJP is putting more into their games in terms of parts quality, 3D molds, features / toys, and especially software development.

When it comes to perceived value I think JJP can more easily justify a $9500 asking price versus Stern which in my opinion should be selling their LE's for $8k considering what they come with.

#2084 3 months ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Higher resolution gameplay video. YouTube processing is taking forever for hd.

Thanks for posting. It may be just me, but I have no idea what to shoot for during the multiball looks like everything is lit.

#2085 3 months ago

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I watched the unboxing video and they mentioned that the album on the playfield is a platinum album. Each game will come with a different platinum album installed. I thought this is a cool feature and makes yours slightly different than your friends.

#2086 3 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I watched the unboxing video and they mentioned that the album on the playfield is a platinum album. Each game will come with a different platinum album installed. I thought this is a cool feature and makes yours slightly different than your friends.

You have a 16.666 % chance your platinum album will be the same as your friends!

#2087 3 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I think Eric said there are 4 different stickers randomly applied and they might sell the stickers later so people can get the one they prefer

#2088 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think Eric said there are 4 different stickers randomly applied and they might sell the stickers later so people can get the one they prefer

6 platinum albums ! Its random what you get but yes perhaps down the road you could change what you get with a sticker

#2089 3 months ago

I'm not a big fan of being in multiball all the time, but I'm not worried about it. All that can either be tweaked by JJP in the default code or the settings tweaked in the menu I'm sure.

I like the ruleset from what I've read. It's straightforward.

1. Hit band member shots
2. Start song at the scoop
3. Play a song from each album for 3 minutes
4. Play all 4 album modes
5. Hit spinners and spinning record to start Slash solo mode
6. Visit all the cities in tour For tour mutiball
7. Play Not in this Lifetime wizard mode

Piece of cake

#2090 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, some people did bring up Stern to put down GNR, and vice versa.
I do think AIQ and GNR both look great. However, in my opinion the perceived value of a JJP pin is significantly higher then Stern games. I never question that Stern games are fun, they are and if money were no object I would buy them all. What I do question is the price Stern charges for their games and what you get for that price. JJP and Stern LE's are about the same price yet JJP is putting more into their games in terms of parts quality, 3D molds, features / toys, and especially software development.
When it comes to perceived value I think JJP can more easily justify a $9500 asking price versus Stern which in my opinion should be selling their LE's for $8k considering what they come with.

Why worry about what Stern charges versus what you get?

People speak with their wallets on what “perceived value” and “actual value” really means

There are reasons why Stern has crushed JJP and the competition up to now. I realize you don’t get it

Now we have a game in GNR that people are voting with their wallets in BIG numbers!

See how that works?

I guarantee you Stern is taking note. Especially with Zeppelin coming in 2 months.

Finally some real competition

That includes announcing a game, and shipping it right away

Game on

#2091 3 months ago

Mod #1....PM me for pricing

CE71FBC5-4ADB-4805-A752-57BFEA2B9CE1 (resized).png
#2092 3 months ago

That makes me think, it would be a fun accessory if you could hook up some more external lights to the game that the software could control.

At its height, Rock Band had a fun silly add on pack that did choreographed light shows and a smoke machine.

#2093 3 months ago

All I can say is ...... who the f”&k are some of these band members.

Wasn’t expecting that at all

Still looks like a great game but was hoping for the nostalgic badass G&R.

#2094 3 months ago

Lol I have a smoke machine hooked up to my MB and it fills the game room floor up with fog... it’s controlled by me and I only use it when new people come to play. Had to disconnect the smoke detector though

#2095 3 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All I can say is ...... who the f”&k are some of these band member.
Wasn’t expecting that at all
Still looks like a great game but was hoping for the nostalgic badass G&R.

That's due to a licensing requirement, or at least an ask, that the pin be focused on the "Never in this Lifetime" tour. I mean that's cool for now but will anyone care about the tour in 5 years? No and I'm not sure if that will hurt how the game is viewed years down the road. It shouldn't hurt it as the premise of the pin, that you are playing a concert tour, is still cool and all the master tracks are there. If only recent concert tracks were in the pin there would be an uproar.

#2096 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This also sounds like a potential mod. Someone can make an actual small vinyl disc. Although the ridges might not hold up with the ball going over it a bunch of times.

#2097 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's due to a licensing requirement, or at least an ask, that the pin be focused on the "Never in this Lifetime" tour. I mean that's cool for now but will anyone care about the tour in 5 years? No and I'm not sure if that will hurt how the game is viewed years down the road. It shouldn't hurt it as the premise of the pin, that you are playing a concert tour, is still cool and all the master tracks are there. If only recent concert tracks were in the pin there would be an uproar.

Doubt it seeing as no one cares about the tour now lol.

#2098 3 months ago

I don't think it really matters. They got the masters for 21 songs plus the added bonus of all that tour footage and show animation.

#2099 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why can't people just agree that they BOTH look like great games?

I agree, they both look like great games.

I think it's natural for people to compare games (content, value, etc.). Especially when a new one comes out.

With a forum this large, you get a bunch of different opinions and different ways of stating them. I expect there are also a few trolls, people with axes to grind and company plants sprinkeled in.

It all generates discussion, which I think is a good thing.

#2100 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This x 100 iceman! I just don't get the tourney players and Stern army on this. I have more Sterns and 0 jjps right now, however how anyone can say this isn't a home run all around is crazy! Yes have seen a ton of game play!

No doubt Billy!

We don’t buy games based on what some Stern Army tournament players thinks

GNR is a freaking “experience” to just enjoy and play

Still love my Stern games but come on man!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
$ 17.95
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 5387 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 108.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside