pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 111.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So nobody shoplifted a copy of Appetite? C'Mon Man

Just a joke, man. At least it wasn't politics.

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

This is why JJP direct sale and mix with distributors is not a good model. Either one or the other. Of course direct sale will give them more profit so why not back out of distributor allotment if you can sell direct. Again, do it all direct or none.

Do you think elsewere than US?

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, I never would have thought I'd see the day when 500 $12,500 pinballs would be sold.
JJP has the hit they needed.

Now, 5000 LE next...

#1954 3 years ago

If every song kicks off multiball its a definite pass for me. Way too much multiball for my liking. Hopefully that’s not the case. The overall package is fkn great. Although, not too sure about some of the video...looks a bit 90s pc graphics in the stream I watched

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

If every song kicks off multiball its a definite pass for me.

I'd wait until we see more game play. Find out what the game settings are on what we are watching.

LTG : )

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

If every song kicks off multiball its a definite pass for me. Way too much multiball for my liking. Hopefully that’s not the case. The overall package is fkn great. Although, not too sure about some of the video...looks a bit 90s pc graphics in the stream I watched

Well it looks like a ton of multiballs! 21 multiballs (one for each song). and 5 additional unique multiballs on top of that. So, 26 multiballs total...

63FB2478-70FB-422C-A17D-620C4D6C3A75 (resized).jpeg63FB2478-70FB-422C-A17D-620C4D6C3A75 (resized).jpeg
#1957 3 years ago

It's all risk vs reward and you decide if u want mb or single ball play. Also I'm sure things can be tweaked alot in the settings like all jjp pins....and I'm sure many code updates will be coming after some feedback. Here's a good overview of the rules
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/guns-n-roses-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Just a joke, man. At least it wasn't politics.

Wasn’t offended, just saying both those albums would have been shoplifted lol

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

I was thinking the same. Hope you can turn that off in the settings.

#1960 3 years ago

After reading multiple posts where people said the Standard looked stripped and close to a Stern Pro, I took a closer look.
Are they kidding?

What Stern pro has anything close to three flippers, 27" and 7" displays, all RGB lighting with new side rail lights, 2 ramps, custom 3d sculpts (Axl and hat), real drumstick ramp return, real back glass, spinning disk, individual targets, guitar pick spinners, tons of playfield lights (world map) and hex stage lights, plus all the sound, video and animation content?

Seems like a good value if it plays well. Looks closer to a Stern Premium to me (exceeds in some areas, lacks maybe one more interactive mech).

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

All the concert visuals on the screen are the original animations shown on stage during the NITL tour. Most are great, some are less. Lot of variety in them.
But wouldn't call them 90's graphics. Deadpool animations remind me more of the 90's game graphics.

#1962 3 years ago

The fact they are holding gameplay makes me suspicious

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

The fact they are holding gameplay makes me suspicious

JJP released a 5min gameplay video yesterday. Buffalo Pinball is streaming today. I wouldn't call that "holding".

#1965 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:So I also strolled over to the GnR fan forums. I snapped a few pics of their reaction to the release of the new game. I thought you’d all enjoy it! It’s fun to see another rabid fan forum collide with ours.

Thanks for posting that. It’s very enlightening. It confirms the long-standing truth that pinheads buy pinball machines and not regular fans.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

it looks fantastic for sure...I just wish it had more cool engineering mech besides the pop bumper drum symbol.

Um, the switchless sensors in the light inserts is pretty nifty engineering. I think there's a lot of engineering know-how in this pin that you don't even recognize, and that's the best kind of engineering.

I think the pop bumper hi-hats are kind of corny, for the record.

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Um, the switchless sensors in the light inserts is pretty nifty engineering. I think there's a lot of engineering know-how in this pin that you don't even recognize, and that's the best kind of engineering.
I think the pop bumper hi-hats are kind of corny, for the record.

Hi hat pops for the stage affect kick ass!!!

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

After reading multiple posts where people said the Standard looked stripped and close to a Stern Pro, I took a closer look.
Are they kidding?
What Stern pro has anything close to three flippers, 27" and 7" displays, all RGB lighting with new side rail lights, 2 ramps, custom 3d sculpts (Axl and hat), real drumstick ramp return, real back glass, spinning disk, individual targets, guitar pick spinners, tons of playfield lights (world map) and hex stage lights, plus all the sound, video and animation content?
Seems like a good value if it plays well. Looks closer to a Stern Premium to me (exceeds in some areas, lacks maybe one more interactive mech).

Agreed. Hoping for some SE game play soon. My concern is the left ramp (which replaces the upper PF lock as a shot). In the little LE game play I’ve seen, yet to see a shot make it all the way around that tight turn. That shot will be a huge part of SE game play.

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Agreed. Hoping for some SE game play soon. My concern is the left ramp (which replaces the upper PF lock as a shot). In the little LE game play I’ve seen, yet to see a shot make it all the way around that tight turn. That shot will be a huge part of SE game play.

The SE left ramp also replaces the upper scoop as a shot needed to start a song mode...

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

...But when it comes down to it if someone getting into the hobby is trying to get the most out of their money and they look at the two companies and say to themselves "I can get one JJP game or two Stern Pros" I think the vast majority of people are going to choose the two games instead of the one (I would personally go DP and IMDN)...

I am not sure where people are coming up with 2.

Avengers Infinity Quest PRO = $6,199 USD
GNR Standard = $6,750.00 USD

Avengers Infinity Quest Premium = $7,799 USD
GNR Standard Limited= $9,500.00 USD

#1971 3 years ago

You have to update those for street prices of sterns. No wiggle room on JJP though.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

it appears at the start of every song, the multiballs from the gibson are going to plop down onto the center of the main playfield near the scoop.

I don’t like so many MB modes. If everything is MB it kind of takes away anything special about getting a MB.

It’s like Oprah saying you get a Multiball and you get a Multiball...

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to update those for street prices of sterns. No wiggle room on JJP though.

Fair but 1/2 the cost and NIB?

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The gap between Stern "street price" and MSRP is not as wide as it used to be.

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The gap between Stern "street price" and MSRP is not as wide as it used to be.

You should call around more.

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Are they kidding?

Not really... take infinity quest

3 flippers
3 ramps
2 spinners
Spinning disk
3 drop targets
Magnet half pipe ramp lock
Newton ball
See through playfield RGB tunnel
LCD screen
Tons of LEDs
Zombie yeti art
Keith Edwin design
$1000 less

You’re seriously overselling the value of using drumsticks (cool idea for theme) as a return ramp and a couple of plastic “sculpts”.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Fair but 1/2 the cost and NIB?

No. I think 5500-5600 is probably the average for pros

6800-6900 average for premiums.

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sadly street pricing seems to be disappearing on Sterns as well.

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Keith Edwin design

Who is this Keith Edwin you speak of? Sorry had to do it...

Agree AIQ is a great pin.

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I am not sure where people are coming up with 2.
Avengers Infinity Quest PRO = $6,199 USD
GNR Standard = $6,750.00 USD
Avengers Infinity Quest Premium = $7,799 USD
GNR Standard Limited= $9,500.00 USD

Stern prices include shipping and JJP does not. So add $300 roughly. And Stern can always be purchased below MSRP and JJP cannot.

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sadly street pricing seems to be disappearing on Sterns as well.

Whether it’s 200 bucks off a stern or 1000, it’s less than what MSRP is so I was just saying if you want to compare apple to apples you have to control for that.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whether it’s 200 bucks off a stern or 1000, it’s less than what MSRP is so I was just saying if you want to compare apple to apples you have to control for that.

Agreed

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Are they kidding?

I think it's a fair comparison since both are aimed at the operator. I think the issue is it looks so different from the LE/CE. If JJP just released the SE there would be a lot of disappointment.

#1984 3 years ago

Where's the Pinbar?

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Well it looks like a ton of multiballs! 21 multiballs (one for each song). and 5 additional unique multiballs on top of that. So, 26 multiballs total...
[quoted image]

26!? Are you playing through songs like modes where goal is to play all songs? 21 songs and 20 something multiballs would add up to a very long game.

#1986 3 years ago

No matter what its just impossible for pinside to keep these 2 very different companies apart and out of the comparison game.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You mean $7700+ for premium?

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

26!? Are you playing through songs like modes where goal is to play all songs? 21 songs and 20 something multiballs would add up to a very long game.

My understanding of the rules so far is that your probably focused on playing enough songs to get to a particular album mode (although 3 minutes worth could easily be done on one song)

You have to play all the album modes to get to the wizard mode, but not all the individual songs.

#1989 3 years ago

Really need to see the Buffalo stream now that a few limited gameplay vids are out. Game feels waaaaaaay multi ball heavy. POTC felt this way as well but GnR looks to be much too easy to get MB and add balls. I feel like I am watching someone play a GnR pachinko machine.

Also, I am concerned that the song modes are going to be like POTC story modes. I applaud their effort in having choreographed lighting which is unique to every song. It looks awesome (although sometimes seizure-inducing). But the actual shooting ie hit these two random lit areas over and over is pretty uninspiring.

It is too early to tell at this point and there are a lot more things to shoot for besides song modes. However, song modes are the bread and butter of this game and I hope that the shot logic is up to par with the light show.

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You mean $7700+ for premium?

more like 7300

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not really... take infinity quest
3 flippers
3 ramps
2 spinners
Spinning disk
3 drop targets
Magnet half pipe ramp lock
Newton ball
See through playfield RGB tunnel
LCD screen
Tons of LEDs
Zombie yeti art
Keith Edwin design
$1000 less
You’re seriously overselling the value of using drumsticks (cool idea for theme) as a return ramp and a couple of plastic “sculpts”.

Wow wait a minute. Some of the things you said for AIQ are the same on jjp but way way better. LCD screen? Way better on gnr. And actual animation on screen and not static figures that shake and have literally zero animation. Same for the "tons of leds." Gnr has at least triple the amount, all of which are color changing. Other things like "three flippers" and spinning disk are the same on gnr (of jot better with 4 flippers). Then you start sorta getting desperate to name things so you say it has a clear subway, spinners and drop targets. I mean, why not say it has a coin door and pop bumpers at that point?

AIQs biggest asset are the bad ass ramps. Hands down awesome with all the wire forms. But there are tons more features on gnr that are cool that arent just "drum sticks" that you're overlooking. Let's be real. The screen inside the game, the camera, the articulating lights, the diverters, the upper playfield. Hell, I'm not even sure what else is in there as we havent seen a proper game play stream yet.

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Really need to see the Buffalo stream now that a few limited gameplay vids are out....

Small gameplay video from Buffalos unboxing video. Gameplay starts at 51:43.

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow wait a minute. Some of the things you said for AIQ are the same on jjp but way way better. LCD screen? Way better on gnr. And actual animation on screen and not static figures that shake and have literally zero animation. Same for the "tons of leds." Gnr has at least triple the amount, all of which are color changing. Other things like "three flippers" and spinning disk are the same on gnr (of jot better with 4 flippers). Then you start sorta getting desperate to name things so you say it has a clear subway, spinners and drop targets. I mean, why not say it has a coin door and pop bumpers at that point?
AIQs biggest asset are the bad ass ramps. Hands down awesome with all the wire forms. But there are tons more features on gnr that are cool that arent just "drum sticks" that you're overlooking. Let's be real. The screen inside the game, the camera, the articulating lights, the diverters, the upper playfield. Hell, I'm not even sure what else is in there as we havent seen a proper game play stream yet.

Half those features aren’t available in the standard. Last thing I’ve ever thought of playing a stern is “man I wish this screen was bigger”. Not sure how video of a 60 year old axl Rose is better than custom made comic art on the screen.

I’m the desperate one yet you’re pointing out a drumstick ramp return, a pick spinner, and two plastic molded figured as great features. LOL

#1994 3 years ago

Game doesn't seem to have good flow. Flame me if you want. I hope I'm wrong. Because I want one of these sooooo bad.

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Really need to see the Buffalo stream now that a few limited gameplay vids are out. Game feels waaaaaaay multi ball heavy. POTC felt this way as well but GnR looks to be much too easy to get MB and add balls. I feel like I am watching someone play a GnR pachinko machine.
Also, I am concerned that the song modes are going to be like POTC story modes. I applaud their effort in having choreographed lighting which is unique to every song. It looks awesome (although sometimes seizure-inducing). But the actual shooting ie hit these two random lit areas over and over is pretty uninspiring.
It is too early to tell at this point and there are a lot more things to shoot for besides song modes. However, song modes are the bread and butter of this game and I hope that the shot logic is up to par with the light show.

Exactly.

I’m not saying it’s ‘wrong’ they did sell out the CEs.

But imo might be a pin for players, like my mom ‘look you got a Multiball great job’.

I’m sure it’s fine but I hope the modes have differences rather than just hit the blinking shots ‘wow’.

Light show and music may be enough for this. It may not have the intricate code of tspp but everything doesn’t need to be same. It might be a very fun and somewhat different type pin.

I want to look at the standard but imo with 75 Multiball modes the ball lock will be sorely missing. Soooooooo many pins do with virtual ball locks it’s nice to have a nice in your fave ball lock mech.

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure how video of a 60 year old axl Rose is better than custom made comic art on the screen.

Its not.

Quoted from Cobray:

Game doesn't seem to have good flow. Flame me if you want. I hope I'm wrong. Because I want one of these sooooo bad.

Yeah I feel the same. I'm gonna have to play the SE for myself as it might be better but it looks like it has the classic JJP style, which for some will be great but not for me. To stop go and way to many areas that impede fast flow gameplay.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Not sure how you can judge this based on video currently available. You may be right, but I dont think that is a fair assessment based on currently circulated videos.

Cant wait to see the Buffalo stream, so happy they were chosen to do it rather than someone else.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The center shot is a scoop and the left ramp

Quoted from jandrea95:

Not sure how you can judge this based on video currently available. You may be right, but I dont think that is a fair assessment based on currently circulated videos.
Cant wait to see the Buffalo stream, so happy they were chosen to do it rather than someone else.

True but it looks like the center shot is a scoop and the left ramp locks 6 balls...

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Exactly.
I’m not saying it’s ‘wrong’ they did sell out the CEs.
But imo might be a pin for players, like my mom ‘look you got a Multiball great job’.
I’m sure it’s fine but I hope the modes have differences rather than just hit the blinking shots ‘wow’.

Yeah, is this pinball or pachinko?
I’m also not a fan of the concert vids. Cool ass pinball, why not use the coolest GnR years? Dizzy, Melissa, Richard? Like hitting targets for Rey and Finn in Star Wars.

#2000 3 years ago

If I was in charge amid off a pinball game in my life I certainly wouldn’t have my ex wife in it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/40?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.