pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 111.
#101 3 years ago

Donkadicklick who are you having a contest with to win "Worst New Pinsider Since it's Inception" cause right now you're blowing them outta the water.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

They also have racist and homophobic songs!!

Now we have 2 in this thread.

Come on man.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Which Axl are they going to use?
[quoted image]

Hilarious, but I don’t that represents Axl anymore!

When I saw them last fall on the tour, he was in the best form he has probably been in since the 80s. Couldn’t believe how great of a performance he gave, and he was obviously enjoying himself. Not only was he PUNCTUAL, he also took it in stride when they had some technical problem with the piano as he was trying to start “November Rain”; he made a joke, went on to another number, then seamlessly segued back to “November Rain” - amazing professionalism for Axl!

#104 3 years ago

Pretty stoked that JJP is finally doing a music pin. Like Levi said, the "grandpa rock" just works.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pretty stoked that JJP is finally doing a music pin. Like Levi said, the "grandpa rock" just works.

I'm ready for them to do one as well, very interested. Don;t really give a shot aboot GNfR but it can sound good in a pin.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm ready for them to do one as well, very interested. Don;t really give a shot aboot GNfR but it can sound good in a pin.

Same.
Don't listen to em anymore cause I played em out 30 years ago but a JJP rock pin is a win.

#107 3 years ago

I’m trying to figure out why these guys who hate gnr or isn’t interested in a gnr pin keeps hanging out in a gnr pin thread talking trash. Maybe you guys should leave and go over to the atomic zombie thread or something more up your.....alley. Bring on gnr!!!!!

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Hilarious, but I don’t that represents Axl anymore!
When I saw them last fall on the tour, he was in the best form he has probably been in since the 80s. Couldn’t believe how great of a performance he gave, and he was obviously enjoying himself. Not only was he PUNCTUAL, he also took it in stride when they had some technical problem with the piano as he was trying to start “November Rain”; he made a joke, went on to another number, then seamlessly segued back to “November Rain” - amazing professionalism for Axl!

That is SO not Axl...crazy. Imagine if that happened on the 91 tour lol. He woulda destroyed the whole stage.

#109 3 years ago

Which Axl are they going to use?
[quoted image]

Those joke as all been made already , get a life !

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That is SO not Axl...crazy. Imagine if that happened on the 91 tour lol. He woulda destroyed the whole stage.

It was totally surreal. We were all joking around beforehand that even if they sucked, at least our admission price would get us a “live” performance of an infamous Axl meltdown!

In fact, it ranks high as one if the best concerts I’ve been to (about 1000 total - am older than I’d like to admit). Just a good old-fashioned debauched Rock show: loud (though nothing beats My Bloody Valentine in ‘92), lots of pyro, drunken bare breasts, fat ones being twisted up and passed, etc.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Those joke as all been made already , get a life !

Nope! Fat Axl was funny, I liked him.

411D63F1-D2C7-43FA-97DC-98CC3054172C (resized).jpeg411D63F1-D2C7-43FA-97DC-98CC3054172C (resized).jpeg
#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I played em out 30 years ago

the seats were damn cheap too!
BRING IT ON JJP!!

FC6BCD1D-AAA2-412A-A9F4-2CBD84A6C5A6 (resized).jpegFC6BCD1D-AAA2-412A-A9F4-2CBD84A6C5A6 (resized).jpeg

#113 3 years ago

Wish I still had my ticket stub, but pretty sure I pissed on it after Axl was 3 hours late then came out and said "Fuck you Indiana" but he grew up here and I kinda get it now. Didn't then, as I've always been proud of my glorious home state.
Metallica owned their asses that night anyway.

#114 3 years ago

I wonder what JJP will do on their pricing structure....Wonka LE's at $9500 was too high (although I love the game)....selling high Volume LE's at almost $10K a pop is a challenge especially with some folks getting hit with sales tax. They need to compete better on their pricing structure

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Axl was 3 hours late then came out and said "Fuck you Indiana" but he grew up here and I kinda get it now.

Good show, Axl was a prime time prick.
$22 bucks was fine then- not sure its a 10-12k commitment now.

#116 3 years ago

Not a big fan of GNR, but I really like the DE pin--may be their best effort. JJP has yet to build a pin I'd want to own, but if GNR is an improvement over the original--which I expect it to be--this will be a very cool game. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

#117 3 years ago

Nope! Fat Axl was funny, I liked him.[quoted image]

Damn it, just take your f’n upvote already!

#118 3 years ago

Man so tired of hearing about GNR coming soon. I'm so over middle aged white-man rock themed pinballs tbh. Talk about JJP playing to the LCD here, I thought Stern had it covered all by themselves well and truly. Best thing about this JJP is it's another I won't have to fork out for.

#119 3 years ago

Kaneda just posted that he has seen video footage of GNR and it’s gonna blow everyone away. He said it’s better than any music pin to date. And the best light show he’s ever seen. I guess we will find out Monday and decide for ourselves. Fun times in the hobby for sure!!

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Kaneda just posted that he has seen video footage of GNR and it’s gonna blow everyone away. He said it’s better than any music pin to date. And the best light show he’s ever seen. I guess we will find out Monday and decide for ourselves. Fun times in the hobby for sure!!

Kaneda is also a MASSIVE GnR fan. So its possible hes just getting his dream theme and is hyping it up with objectivity blinders on. On his podcasts he talks like everyone loves GnR. I happen to, but theres plenty of people who dont love them. Anyways Im excited to see Eric's second effort. Im not a big fan of PotC, but Ill be in the market for another nib soon and would certainly be open to GnR if it looks good.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Kaneda is also a MASSIVE GnR fan. So its possible hes just getting his dream theme and is hyping it up with objectivity blinders on. On his podcasts he talks like everyone loves GnR. I happen to, but theres plenty of people who dont love them. Anyways Im excited to see Eric's second effort. Im not a big fan of PotC, but Ill be in the market for another nib soon and would certainly be open to GnR if it looks good.

Totally agree, but it does peak my curiosity for sure.

#122 3 years ago

Looking forward to this reveal and interested to see which way the rules go...pick a band member to start and journey that way...or song based modes with Jackpots(AC/DC). Either way footage on the big screen has me intrigued!

#123 3 years ago

Is it wrong to want some form of Fat Axl in the game? Maybe a hidden chicken dinner mode?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'd debate that WoZ and Wonka are kiddie themes (kids may find things to like in those movies but they're both pretty dark and sinister), but either way, doing a barroom style pin would be good to change up their image a bit. Pinball always was a barroom game with a beer and cigarette never too far away.

"Mr. Brownstone" better be on it, though!

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Man so tired of hearing about GNR coming soon. I'm so over middle aged white-man rock themed pinballs tbh. Talk about JJP playing to the LCD here, I thought Stern had it covered all by themselves well and truly. Best thing about this JJP is it's another I won't have to fork out for.

Great contribution. Move on then.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Great contribution. Move on then.

Whatever you say Mr Dubai elite Sirrrr!

#127 3 years ago

Im hoping that JJP moves away from the static one screen information dump on their LCD. I want them to have more of an immersive adventure with changing visuals and not just clips of concerts. Im sure the playfield will look amazing but I never feel like the animation, ui and modes have a good cohesion.

That being said as an arcade operator that wouldnt stop me if i feel like its a good package

#128 3 years ago

Whatever you say Mr Dubai elite Sirrrr!

u should try a music pin....just works...fast and furious

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

u should try a music pin....just works...fast and furious

Never played one I've ever wanted to own (for the most part), going right back to DE GNR (I hated the quality of DE pins anyway then). I can totally respect the gameplay in Maiden or MET for sure as I've certainly played them and others, but unfortunately not interesting in buying a music theme that I don't like. The one single stand out for me is AC/DC BIBLE as I don't mind ACCA DACCA and I'm a Steve Ritchie fan. I will end up buying one at some stage I have no doubt, just probably not locally as they are nigh on impossible to pry off anyone and the market here has gone Covid irrational at the moment.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Im hoping that JJP moves away from the static one screen information dump on their LCD. I want them to have more of an immersive adventure with changing visuals and not just clips of concerts. Im sure the playfield will look amazing but I never feel like the animation, ui and modes have a good cohesion.
That being said as an arcade operator that wouldnt stop me if i feel like its a good package

Umm, have you ever played hobbit? Define static because no where to be seen in hobbit

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Umm, have you ever played hobbit? Define static because no where to be seen in hobbit

By static I meant that it stays on that main screen the majority of the time. The main UI is confusing especially for new players. I disliked all the pop up bash toys, playfield is bare and lacks shots. Honestly hobbit is bottom tier for JJP games for me.

Ive never been a fan with how much JJP games waste a large screen on information dumps. I almost want them to go back to DMD to learn how to keep it simple. Next to Jurassic Park, Deadpool (for the most part i feel they phoned it in on the later modes), for the most part TMNT Every JJP game uses the LCD as a GUI for some windows application and not as a tool to be attractive.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Keefer... You're the one who programmed this right?

Whatever the next game is, I was in charge, but it was a team effort of 6 programmers.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Whatever the next game is, I was in charge, but it was a team effort of 6 programmers.

money (resized).jpgmoney (resized).jpg
#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

By static I meant that it stays on that main screen the majority of the time. The main UI is confusing especially for new players. I disliked all the pop up bash toys, playfield is bare and lacks shots. Honestly hobbit is bottom tier for JJP games for me.
Ive never been a fan with how much JJP games waste a large screen on information dumps. I almost want them to go back to DMD to learn how to keep it simple. Next to Jurassic Park, Deadpool (for the most part i feel they phoned it in on the later modes), for the most part TMNT Every JJP game uses the LCD as a GUI for some windows application and not as a tool to be attractive.

Yet JJP won all 3 TWIPY's for Best Animations & Display. And that was after my favourite display of The Hobbit.
I guess it's personal taste.

#135 3 years ago

Any speculation on what the "innovation" is going to be on this game? There is a 57 page post as a result of the teaser JJP put out when TMNT was released....not much talk about it any more.

#136 3 years ago

middle aged white-man rock

Now we have this 3 times. Plenty of other races listen to RnR and Metal.

out-of-your-ass-pull-your-head-you-must (resized).jpgout-of-your-ass-pull-your-head-you-must (resized).jpg
#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Kaneda can't be trusted. If he's seen something others haven't, he's hyping it up in his own head, and therefor towards us as well. I must say I like Wonka as a game, but the way he overhyped it before most had seen the game, was really very strange. I do really look forward to seeing gameplay of Guns 'n Roses, I believe Kaneda if he says the lightshow is good, I do think that JJP will make a great game, and I think they may produce the best music pin to date, but I wouldn't base that all just on Kaneda's judgement after he's felt like he is the only kid that was allowed in the candystore.

I do agree on your last 2 sentences!

I think it'll be a great game, but there'll also be people who will be disappointed because they're missing x or were hoping for y, etc.

#138 3 years ago

Really excited for this game to come out this years and I think is also important that they will have games ready to go and boxed. Well, I hear that they will have some ready to go and it wont be a 5 - 6 month wait for games to be shipped out. Those wanting a GNR LE or GNR CE by Christmas is going to be real this year and makes for something that we all really need this year, especially in this crazy world that we ALL are in right now.

I am happy for Eric (he really is ahead of his time) and I really want to give praise to everyone at JJP and the team involved in this project. It really is a team effort to bring one of these games to life and I really do believe that this game will being taking JJP to the next level.

One thing I have always love about JJP is that their quality and talent that surrounds the company.

Wonder if they powder coated the door for the GNR CE (lol)?

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That art looks like shit.

I actually like the Artwork!

-- there are different shades of brown that I am seeing through out the playfield
-- the wood grain looks awesome for this game
-- NO DIMPLES - Opps I see a few.
-- and think about all the wax that you will be saving on this game - LOVE IT (great idea).

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87.
I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record.

Weird coincidence....literally sitting here listening to The Long Goodbye and read your post.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

gnr and maiden are bands people are into who pretend to like music.
jimi hendrix or pink floyd would suffice....

Maybe the dumbest statement I have read on Pinside.
Music is subjective ... everybody has their own preferences

I liked Maiden but was not what you would call a fan .. but I love the pin, so eagerly looking forward to GNR
Music pins fit so nicely with pinball

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Is it wrong to want some form of Fat Axl in the game? Maybe a hidden chicken dinner mode?

Paradise city buffet frenzy. Ribeye mega jackpot. Rotisserie chicken mini jackpot. Chocolate fountain add a ball. All targets score 500,000.

Paradise city sounds like the name of a buffet anyway

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Maybe the dumbest statement I have read on Pinside.
Music is subjective ... everybody has their own preferences
I liked Maiden but was not what you would call a fan .. but I love the pin, so eagerly looking forward to GNR
Music pins fit so nicely with pinball

100%. I was totally not a maiden fan until the pin. Now I own a couple albums. Gnr is played out for me..... maybe the pin will rekindle my like for them.

#144 3 years ago

Looks like it'll have a Star Trek upper flipper back to the shooter lane feature?

(where the arrow insert is pointing)

Screenshot 2020-10-01 081556 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-01 081556 (resized).png
#145 3 years ago

Nope! Fat Axl was funny, I liked him.[quoted image]

You Are Killing me.....those 2 pics of AXL with the comments are funnier than Hell....

THANKS FOR THE MORNING LAUGH!!!!!!!

#146 3 years ago

Four thread ejects so far. This game gettin' everyone hot under the collar....

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Weird coincidence....literally sitting here listening to The Long Goodbye and read your post.

Well I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids... and everybody did think I was crazy.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Four thread ejects so far. This game gettin' everyone hot under the collar....

Better watch ,what you say

#150 3 years ago

I'm sure it will be a great , if you love the band .
The only thing that I can see that would put a little dampener on it , is if they're all live concert songs and not the original studio recordings .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/3?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.