pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 111.
#1901 3 years ago

So I also strolled over to the GnR fan forums. I snapped a few pics of their reaction to the release of the new game. I thought you’d all enjoy it! It’s fun to see another rabid fan forum collide with ours.

170B36F5-FA30-42D9-A0E1-66EEF23309D1 (resized).png170B36F5-FA30-42D9-A0E1-66EEF23309D1 (resized).png4749E670-C2A9-4297-8037-76C61592E977 (resized).png4749E670-C2A9-4297-8037-76C61592E977 (resized).png6F521653-15EC-400E-AB88-156C35B6F2D7 (resized).png6F521653-15EC-400E-AB88-156C35B6F2D7 (resized).pngBFC929CA-93E9-41DC-847F-AB8A338634BA (resized).pngBFC929CA-93E9-41DC-847F-AB8A338634BA (resized).pngCD2DC798-8163-443C-8204-FF2936EE935E (resized).pngCD2DC798-8163-443C-8204-FF2936EE935E (resized).pngE4788C3B-1904-44F9-B40E-6509408761A3 (resized).pngE4788C3B-1904-44F9-B40E-6509408761A3 (resized).pngF09C7A35-8448-43AA-9EF9-ED2C3C517B38 (resized).pngF09C7A35-8448-43AA-9EF9-ED2C3C517B38 (resized).pngF31A58D3-94D4-47FA-98BB-59EFCB421314 (resized).pngF31A58D3-94D4-47FA-98BB-59EFCB421314 (resized).png
#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Depends on what state you live in and that's states tax rate. A little over $400 for me in Colorado.

Ah - interesting. Makes sense.

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

So I also strolled over to the GnR fan forums. I snapped a few pics of their reaction to the release of the new game. I thought you’d all enjoy it! It’s fun to see another rabid fan forum collide with ours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s hilarious

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for putting this together.

We live in a different world. They live in a different world.
There is a very small intersection it seems.

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

wow - interesting read. Two different worlds. Imagine if the two groups met? GnR music fans on forums, who complain about the existence of a 12.5 pinball machine.....meet GnR Pinball fans on forums where people are complaining that they can't get the 12.5 machine.....

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

This is amazing. I thought the Phish forums were weird as hell with their 1.0,2.0,3.0 fights. Haha.

#1907 3 years ago

Funny stuff - those GnR Fanbois are bitter!

...sustainable woods! "That's Gold, Jerry. Gold!"

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Classic. Might join the forum and post some unboxing photos when i get my game. Should go down well.

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Classic. Might join the forum and post some unboxing photos when i get my game. Should go down well.

That would be great!!! Do it then share with us

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

My 2 favorites:

" how many will they sell, maybe 17 "
And
" how dare they release this in the middle of a pandemic, how disrespectful "
Wtf does that have to do with it??

#1911 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oh lord, please do!!!

#1912 3 years ago

I personally won't buy another machine until it meets 2 criteria.

1. It is made out of sustainable wood and conflict free minerals.
2. It has a PinBar(Tm)

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I'm on that forum. It's like a lot of the internet...weird, angry, and bitter at times, but there are some great people on it as well.

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are they really? Lol

Oh yeah.

To be fair, not so much pissed that the thing exists, but remember this is a band that hasn't produced new music in 12 years, and had been touring for the last 3.5 years on a nostalgia reunion with barely a change to the setlist, so...

...the thing that really riled them up (and I kinda get it) is that the fanbase has been hounding Team Brazil for years for proshot concert footage (from any era) and in response TB went on a copyright-infringement-claim blitz, clearing a shitload of audio/video from Youtube (and continuing to do so) and then started dribbling out a series of "Guns N' Roses Selects" (individual song videos from the NITL tour) on Youtube.

So when it was announced that TB had sent Eric 18 full-length proshot HD concerts from the NITL tour to incorporate into a $6.75K-$12.5K "box set"... yeah, they got a little salty.

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I personally won't buy another machine until it meets 2 criteria.
1. It is made out of sustainable wood and conflict free minerals.
2. It has a PinBar(Tm)

lol. No Pinbar, no CE's left. What a clusterf*ck.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Two different worlds. Imagine if the two groups met?

They'd be drugged up more than us but not by much.

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s my point exactly
Why buy from any “dealer” or commit to buy from them when you can’t count on them being able to deliver at least what they have in the past on less desirable games
It’s funny how I’ve gotten emails today
from every dealer out there to buy an LE or SE
Including from JJP!
I’m sure the “dealers” don’t like this either
Some will lose loyal customers over this. Including Stern sales and anything else they might purchase in the future

I received the same emails yesterday, and then again today. If I was a dealer I would be pissed that JJP screwed them on a product they could actually sell quickly and make a buck versus having to sit on their inventory for months collecting dust (just look at DI CE, and Wonka CE's). Relationships are give and take...this was a clear winner for distributors and JJP screwed many out of quick sales let along pissing off loyal customers

#1918 3 years ago

GnR forums seem funny to us pinheads, but I can say I was rather shocked to find out how much NIB pinball machines cost 2 years ago when I got into this hobby.....I mean Ive bought 4 of them NIB since then though......

#1919 3 years ago

That DTJ80 poster is TOTALLY a troll. "Energy Star certified"

Gotta be someone from here for sure.

A week from now, Guns n' Roses will still be their favorite band.

#1920 3 years ago

I would love to hear from a reputable distributor here right now on the CE issue. Rumors fly fast. Lesson learned if buying a CE go direct. Everything else go distributors. I do feel bad for anybody thinking they had a CE reserved and technically didn’t.

As for the gnr forum, that’s hilarious. Really shows how frickin crazy we are with these purchases, and how crazy “normal “ people would think we(pinball people)are.

People complaining about the number of CE games made need to remember, Don’t buy games for return on investment. Buy them because you want the game to play. Pinballs aren’t investments, but rather an unnecessary toy. Buy the model that fits your budget and fits your tastes. Don’t take this so dang seriously.

#1921 3 years ago

Imagine if JJP had made CE’s first. Those 500 people would be enjoying their games now and the video’s coming out would be from CE buyers. That is a good way to reward CE buyers and build sales. Not that there was an issue selling so many CE’s, but the title of being a first customer is highly desirable.

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Imagine if JJP had made CE’s first. Those 500 people would be enjoying their games first and the video’s coming out now would be from CE buyers. That is but another way to reward the CE buyer and build CE sales.

I absolutely would not want a CE built first. Get the production tweaked on the other models and build the CEs after the kinks are worked out.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

build the CEs after think kinks

If it was a Kinks Machine, I'd be in the Owner's Club.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I would love to hear from a reputable distributor here right now on the CE issue. Rumors fly fast. Lesson learned if buying a CE go direct. Everything else go distributors. I do feel bad for anybody thinking they had a CE reserved and technically didn’t.
As for the gnr forum, that’s hilarious. Really shows how frickin crazy we are with these purchases, and how crazy “normal “ people would think we(pinball people)are.
People complaining about the number of CE games made need to remember, Don’t buy games for return on investment. Buy them because you want the game to play. Pinballs aren’t investments, but rather an unnecessary toy. Buy the model that fits your budget and fits your tastes. Don’t take this so dang seriously.

Point well taken....I could care less if the game went up or down in value. I just liked the look of the CE better...might be a while, but at some point I'll find one on the secondary market. Not sure I want to give JJP anymore of my $ after this

#1925 3 years ago

“Due to serious abuse by a few, we will be holding firm to our deposit refund policy on CE's & LE's. Deposits and Payments on CE's & LE's are NON refundable! They also per JJP's new policy non transferable to other games or other models. “

That’s JJ Game Exchange

Says it all right there

Making people pay in full would cut out that BS from day one

On a game like GNR which is in demand, gotta do it

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Due to serious abuse by a few, we will be holding firm to our deposit refund policy on CE's & LE's. Deposits and Payments on CE's & LE's are NON refundable! They also per JJP's new policy non transferable to other games or other models. “
That’s JJ Game Exchange
Says it all right there

Good... to bad it wasn't like this before this g@r ce mess

#1927 3 years ago

Pretty sure what I am about to post is going to get some serious down votes because I am posting this in a JJP thread but I feel it should be said. I am just getting into this hobby and don't have any type of fanboy loyalty to either of the two major companies but I don't understand some of the things said about Gary and Stern throughout the course of the day on this thread. If I am Gary or an employee of Stern I see this release as a major win for me. I think Gary is probably looking at the left side of the Standard Edition Model Playfield and doing a happy dance. JJPs standard model is stripped down badly and is already priced higher than the Stern Pros. Now to me I think the Limited Edition Model is frigging fantastic and one of the best looking pinball machines I have ever seen. But when it comes down to it if someone getting into the hobby is trying to get the most out of their money and they look at the two companies and say to themselves "I can get one JJP game or two Stern Pros" I think the vast majority of people are going to choose the two games instead of the one (I would personally go DP and IMDN), which from a business perspective is a huge win for Gary. You guys can say what you want but I just think JJP would have been a lot more competitive and even snagged more of Stern's business/profits if they would have made one or two more simple add ons to their Standard Edition Model, maybe like a ramp going to the head of the with the strings coming off or just have a wireform coming off the head instead they could have added $200 to the price and made it a lot better. I think they know its barren and thats why they put the "stage" above the left side to hide some of the emptiness of the game. Once again just my two cents but before today I had no real opinions either way about which company was the better pinball company... but I do now.

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Point well taken....I could care less if the game went up or down in value. I just liked the look of the CE better...might be a while, but at some point I'll find one on the secondary market. Not sure I want to give JJP anymore of my $ after this

I agree, other than not wanting to give jjp money. Without supporting jjp directly, they go out of business and don’t make anymore of these amazing games. I understand the frustration and let’s hope they learn and correct it next time. I’d be perfectly fine if they added 100 or so more CE builds to fix this, but I know some CE buyers would be pissed because they’re more concerned about how “special “ their games are. Jjp is in a pickle either way.

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Pretty sure what I am about to post is going to get some serious down votes because I am posting this in a JJP thread but I feel it should be said. I am just getting into this hobby and don't have any type of fanboy loyalty to either of the two major companies but I don't understand some of the things said about Gary and Stern throughout the course of the day on this thread. If I am Gary or an employee of Stern I see this release as a major win for me. I think Gary is probably looking at the left side of the Standard Edition Model Playfield and doing a happy dance. JJPs standard model is stripped down badly and is already priced higher than the Stern Pros. Now to me I think the Limited Edition Model is frigging fantastic and one of the best looking pinball machines I have ever seen. But when it comes down to it if someone getting into the hobby is trying to get the most out of their money and they look at the two companies and say to themselves "I can get one JJP game or two Stern Pros" I think the vast majority of people are going to choose the two games instead of the one (I would personally go DP and IMDN), which from a business perspective is a huge win for Gary. You guys can say what you want but I just think JJP would have been a lot more competitive and even snagged more of Stern's business/profits if they would have made one or two more simple add ons to their Standard Edition Model, maybe like a ramp going to the head of the with the strings coming off or just have a wireform coming off the head instead they could have added $200 to the price and made it a lot better. I think they know its barren and thats why they put the "stage" above the left side to hide some of the emptiness of the game. Once again just my two cents but before today I had no real opinions either way about which company was the better pinball company... but I do now.

That’s the great thing. Variety and options for all types of people. I can tell you I’d personally prefer one amazing great game vs two good or mediocre games. Again that’s subjective, but after owning both sterns and jjp games, the jjp games make you say wow, while the sterns are fun, but just aren’t on the same level of jjp. I love my sterns, but comparing them to a jjp is unfair and not even close in regards to what you get. Just think what an Eric Jurassic park would have looked like with jjp for 9500 vs the stern jp at 9200. Seriously, think about that.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree, other than not wanting to give jjp money. Without supporting jjp directly, they go out of business and don’t make anymore of these amazing games. I understand the frustration and let’s hope they learn and correct it next time. I’d be perfectly fine if they added 100 or so more CE builds to fix this, but I know some CE buyers would be pissed because they’re more concerned about how “special “ their games are. Jjp is in a pickle either way.

I wld not care one bit if they made 600 ce.. I' was buying bc I liked the total experience and package ... not bc it's kinda limited.....otherwise I wldnt have bought every jjp pin in the le package. ...its more of what it comes with.

#1931 3 years ago

it appears at the start of every song, the multiballs from the gibson are going to plop down onto the center of the main playfield near the scoop.

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

it appears at the start of every song, the multiballs from the gibson are going to plop down onto the center of the main playfield near the scoop.

Mylar

#1933 3 years ago

Definitly need Mylar there

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

yea making another 100 might solve the problem, but who knows how long those would take to make? 6 months, a year? I think Stern has done this in the past?

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s JJ Game Exchange
Says it all right there

That would solve the problem, and cut out all the BS

#1936 3 years ago

JJP had the pinball world in its hands for 24 hours... then kablooie!

I'm rooting for JJP, looks like a rad game. Cant wait to play it.

But they need to get ahead of this story now.

I dont care what time it is in Chicago, but they need to call everybody back to the office tonight. And figure this out.
It can't be that hard to make an extra 100 CE's. All they need is 100 coma lock mechs.

Even if it was the distributors over selling, it looks bad.

C'mon JJP you finally did a game release right, dont blow it now, by ignoring a growing controversy.

Were rooting for you JJP!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That would solve the problem, and cut out all the BS

If JJP and distributors didn't allow people to transfer their spot to another maybe that would help with the flipping situation. They should just lose their deposit?We all know their will be CE spots advertised soon for 3k to transfer, maybe more???

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That’s the great thing. Variety and options for all types of people. I can tell you I’d personally prefer one amazing great game vs two good or mediocre games. Again that’s subjective, but after owning both sterns and jjp games, the jjp games make you say wow, while the sterns are fun, but just aren’t on the same level of jjp. I love my sterns, but comparing them to a jjp is unfair and not even close in regards to what you get. Just think what an Eric Jurassic park would have looked like with jjp for 9500 vs the stern jp at 9200. Seriously, think about that.

I think you are missing the main point that I am trying to make in that I just think JJP missed a huge opportunity with their first real shot at a “pro model” and cut into Sterns profits from their lower level market. The point with the two Sterns was that just getting a non-stripped down game now would cause people to look at two vs one and often go with the two. Just an extra add on or two in the standard to not be sooo stripped down and I agree with you, more people will go with the JJP. Once again my point is that they just missed the mark with the Standard Edition. This machine could have been stripped down a little less than this and have killed Sterns pro sales.

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Not even the most rabid JJP fanboy argues that anyone can compete with Stern on a Pro level. Thats where they excel and they own that space.

However, look at/play/unbox/work on a Stern LE vs a JJP LE and the difference is night and day. JJP is a premium product. Stern LE is a Pro with add-ons.

This is JJP's first attempt at a truly cheaper game, and I agree, it's not even close to a Stern Pro. Who knows whether they can get there. You could argue Stern build from the Pro up. This GNR SE just looks like a bare bones JJP game. Clearly theyre not even in the Stern Pro league.....yet.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, I never would have thought I'd see the day when 500 $12,500 pinballs would be sold.
JJP has the hit they needed.

Not surprising. GnR is huge internationally. That’s a gigantic market for just 500 units.

#1941 3 years ago

Is there any decent gameplay videos around? Can’t seem to find anything besides a few snippets

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Is there any decent gameplay videos around? Can’t seem to find anything besides a few snippets

#1943 3 years ago

Wtf was happening in that game, i have no idea what you're supposed to do....just flip mofo!!! Arrgh!, Earth calling Lyman..come in please...

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s JJ Game Exchange
Says it all right there

Just saw this on the Facebook site though for Game Exchange, looks like they may be forced to doing refunds:

Well.. Got the call we were worried about all day.. JJP is WAY oversold and is making cuts across the board to dealers.. Sadly we are going to have to refund and cancel some Guns and Roses CE orders. We will be working on the list tomorrow and contacting each person cut personally.. This being said.. If you have more than one order somewhere or you have decided you do not want the game please reach out to us.. We are trying to make sure anyone who wants one can get one.. But if you have orders in for more than one you will only get one. JJP has requested our list of sales and will be comparing them.. So please if you ordered more than one or from multiple dealers please let someone else have your spot. If you have any questions please reach out to us personally.. We do not know who is in or out yet, we want to see if anyone back out or is double ordered with JJP's checking orders before we make the cuts.

https://www.facebook.com/gameexchangeofcolorado

#1946 3 years ago

Avengers Premium order moving to GnR LE order.
Can't wait to get this one.

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I'm currently looking at a stranger things pro.
Honestly it's...
Well if you cant say anything nice.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know Ice. You think if I took one of the Wonka CE's off his hands now he'd change his mind?

But would you really want too. It’s Wonka

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Both stunning albums by the way
Nwa first album sales, 3 million.
Guns and Rose's first album sales, 30+ Million.
Facts for the those who " dont get it "

You forgot to mention the 27 million NWA albums that were shoplifted.

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

You forgot to mention the 27 million NWA albums that were shoplifted.

So nobody shoplifted a copy of Appetite? C'Mon Man

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/39?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.