pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 111.
#1801 3 years ago

I think the standard is going to play the best. The extra lights and upper PF are nice but I would rather have a fast flowing game.

#1802 3 years ago

Just stick the missing mech in the LE and this all goes away. What a cluster fuck. Just like i said all along. I’m never buying another JJP after this mess.

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I usually don't chime in about a company's business practices, but how do you not figure out allotment with your distributors BEFORE a release? It creates tons of confusion, puts distributors in a bad spot, and it angers your loyal fanbase.

Well I mean, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Sony, etc who've been doing it for decades can't even get it right...so I mean...

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They did. No dealer was wanting more WW CE's. They made 250 of them. Some dealers still have them.
So they doubled the CE's for GNR CE.
That is twice as many as prior allotments.
LTG : )

And yet they are cutting the allotments for dealers that bought WW and still sitting on them because JJP sold more direct before they pulled the cord.

I’m assuming that because it’s just a math issue.

If I bought 10 WW CEs, should I not expect that I should be able to sell at least 10 GNR CEs to my prior customers?

It’s that simple isn’t it? Would you agree with the above?

Or is that the dealers fault for having no clue?

#1805 3 years ago

https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-the-death-of-eddie-van-halen-bands-latest-pinball-release/

Check out this video of Slash playing pinball at Jersey Jack

HUGE POTENTIAL SPOILER

Look at the background in the video at 1:16.....That's right...A brand new POTC...Did the news station spoil JJP next annoucnement?

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just stick the missing mech in the LE and this all goes away. What a cluster fuck. Just like i said all along. I’m never buying another JJP after this mess.

https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/31224a53-c793-49c6-b43d-99146fad82f2/text

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yet they are cutting the allotments for dealers that bought WW and still sitting on them because JJP sold more direct before they pulled the cord.
I’m assuming that because it’s just a math issue.
If I bought 10 WW CEs, should I not expect that I should be able to sell at least 10 GNR CEs to my prior customers?
Just saying

Of course your correct....JJP really screwed the pooch on this one. This is such an easy problem to solve. Normally I respect greed, but in this case all they did was screw their distributors and customers.....really bad business practice.

#1808 3 years ago

I was just bumb bumped off the C E list. If anybody t hat has a zCE secured spot and no longer wants it. I willll happily take it off your hsnds

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

OMFG, lets start listing the Stern clusterf*cks over the years....

#1810 3 years ago

So 500 individuals could snag a GnR collectors edition worldwide.......

I wonder how many CEs were actually left for sale to general population once you subtracted the GnR bands friends and family, JJP staff, investors etc, etc.........
350?

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMFG, lets start listing the Stern clusterf*cks over the years....

OMFG I didn’t even mention Stern. I am a moderate. Not a fanboy of any brand. Just love pinball. All the greed of late is sad.

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I usually don't chime in about company's business practices, but how do you not figure out allotment with your distributors BEFORE a release? It creates tons of confusion, puts distributors in a bad spot, and it angers your loyal fanbase.

JJP did not realize the game would sell so well. Lets see what the solution is. How a company fixes a stuff up is what defines them.

#1813 3 years ago

The game play, the assets, the integration, the music! This is one sic pin ! So excited to get this in the home! I support all the companies and I don't care who manufactures it just the results of a tittle i am interested in and this is the best i have seen in my collecting history! Well done JJP!

#1814 3 years ago

Unedited music. Thank f----ing god!

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

So 500 individuals could snag a GnR collectors edition worldwide.......
I wonder how many CEs were actually left for sale to general population once you subtracted the GnR bands friends and family, JJP staff, investors etc, etc.........
350?

Does it matter? JJP should have set allocation prior to launch. My 10 year old could have figured that out...

Total games = 500
Direct sales = x
Balance of games left over = (500 - X)

Allocation = (500-X)/Distributors

This is 5th grade math that apparently they couldn't figure out

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

JJP did not realize the game would sell so well. Lets see what the solution is. How a company fixes a stuff up is what defines them.

They will. Just won't be another CE. It will be an SLE

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well I mean, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Sony, etc who've been doing it for decades can't even get it right...so I mean...

Completely understand your point, but let me give you my frustrating, personal example.

I gave a large deposit for a CE, trusting the distributor had a game for me. I told two other distros to take me off their non-deposit list as a courtesy.

Meanwhile, JJP still had CE's ready to purchase directly through their site after I was locked in with my distro.

Now I find out I was cut out because my distro (all of them actually), had their allotment slashed (no pun intended).

While I'm not mad at my distributor, I could have went ahead and bought it directly from JJP if I would have known it was "iffy" at best to go through a distributor.

I'm a loyal, multi-purchaser, JJP customer.
I'm a big supporter, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm not sure how to feel about JJP now.

#1818 3 years ago

Does it have Round and Round or Sister Christian?!

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-the-death-of-eddie-van-halen-bands-latest-pinball-release/
Check out this video of Slash playing pinball at Jersey Jack
HUGE POTENTIAL SPOILER
Look at the background in the video at 1:16.....That's right...A brand new POTC...Did the news station spoil JJP next annoucnement?

I imagine the POTC is JJP facility game...probably not set up from move from Jersey.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yes! We knoooooooow! Jesus.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

OMFG I didn’t even mention Stern. I am a moderate. Not a fanboy of any brand. Just love pinball. All the greed of late is sad.

But did you stop buying Stern after their clusterf*cks? C'mon, you're JJP trolling/Stern fanboyism is legendary. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But did you stop buying Stern after their clusterf*cks? C'mon, you're JJP trolling/Stern fanboyidm is legendary. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

Check my history. I’ve owned lots of games from all manufactures. Not a fan boy of anything except pinball.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Completely understand your point, but let me give you my frustrating, personal example.
I gave a large deposit for a CE, trusting the distributor had a game for me. I told two other distros to take me off their non-deposit list as a courtesy.
Meanwhile, JJP still had CE's ready to purchase directly through their site after I was locked in with my distro.
Now I find out I was cut out because my distro (all of them actually), had their allotment slashed (no pun intended).
While I'm not mad at my distributor, I could have went ahead and bought it directly from JJP if I would have known it was "iffy" at best to go through a distributor.
I'm a loyal, multi-purchaser, JJP customer.
I'm a big supporter, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm not sure how to feel about JJP now.

Well said....I'm in the same boat....very disappointed in JJP for this massive screw up...not sure I'll get over this one

#1824 3 years ago

Here's the issue....Stern release and sell at least 2000 LE games a year, all sold out almost instantly. Good themes, good games.

JJP has not released a single game for 18 months. They suddenly release a great game and a great theme and only 500 CE's. It's not enough. I think they would be forgiven for increasing CE units in this case - hasn't ever stopped Stern.

#1825 3 years ago

From the video, I've watched like 5 minutes. Is every mode a multi ball?

travolta.giftravolta.gif
#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here's the issue....Stern release and sell at least 2000 LE games a year, all sold out almost instantly. Good themes, good games.
JJP has not released a single game for 18 months. They suddenly release a great game and a great theme and only 500 CE's. It's not enough. I think they would be forgiven for increasing CE units in this case - hasn't ever stopped Stern.

No doubt, but they would have to get the band to sign 100 more cards

#1827 3 years ago

Don't think 5000 LE's is going to be enough...

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Live gameplay uploaded to YouTube.

So great video, but holy multiball batman. Is this game going to be 80% multiballs? :/

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well said....I'm in the same boat....very disappointed in JJP for this massive screw up...not sure I'll get over this one

Normally I'd agree with this, but lately everything is like that. Still waiting for a new video card that just came out. They made like .01% enough cards for the demand.

#1830 3 years ago

What music plays before you collect the band and start a song of your choosing?

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Does it matter? JJP should have set allocation prior to launch. My 10 year old could have figured that out...
Total games = 500
Direct sales = x
Balance of games left over = (500 - X)
Allocation = (500-X)/Distributors
This is 5th grade math that apparently they couldn't figure out

So when it seems so simple... it’s probably because there is something you are missing...

But in good news... jjp finally sold a game out before killing it

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Slash made custom music for this game. So probably that.

Quoted from flynnibus:

So when it seems so simple... it’s probably because there is something you are missing...
But in good news... jjp finally sold a game out before killing it

Yes. Now take the money you made from this and crank out a few more pirates please lol.

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Songs like Wonka sound effects. Haha

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Slash made custom music for this game. So probably that.

My concern from a location perspective is that subpar players won’t ever even achieve tasks necessary to ever even hear any GnR

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And that’s been a problem with JJP. They have not produced multiple titles in a single year. From WOZ to TH it was like 3 years. They have slowly bridged that gap but they are not close to 3-4 titles per year like Stern. Don’t know they will or want to get there. But if you make one hit game it would only be smart to meet demand. They knew this was a hit and should have made 750. I don’t think they believed they could sell 500 games at 12.5K in 12 months. They did it in literally 24 hours. 750 would probably have been enough to meet demand. And in a year they should be dropping a new title and wash rinse repeat.

#1836 3 years ago

Ive bought 4 out of 5 JJP LE's NIB, and im still getting ghosted by our distributor for a CE.

#1837 3 years ago

The next thing is how on earth are JJP going to keep up with production......will everyone be happy waiting 12 months for their CE's? LE might be the way to go if you want a game in the next few months.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

My concern from a location perspective is that subpar players won’t ever even achieve tasks necessary to ever even hear any GnR

I’m worried this will have the longest ball times in the history of pinball. Seems like it’s pretty easy to make any mode a multiball if you want.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m worried this will have the longest ball times in the history of pinball. Seems like it’s pretty easy to make any mode a multiball if you want.

Yeah. I think it’s both things. Newbies won’t know how to even start songs and pinheads will get bored with multiball over and over.

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

From the video, I've watched like 5 minutes. Is every mode a multi ball?[quoted image]

Seems to be Keith thing? I remember Hobbit was the same, and more recently POTC. Was one of the reasons I sold POTC - just felt like Multiball all day.

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yeah. I think it’s both things. Newbies won’t know how to even start songs and pinheads will get bored with multiball over and over.

I’m glad you can just avoid that and play single ball modes if you want. But I’m sure the scoring is higher if you play them as multiballs.

#1842 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ive bought 4 out of 5 JJP LE's NIB, and im still getting ghosted by our distributor for a CE.

You f Ed up Cookie. That 5th one would have made all the difference

Hang tight, if they make people pay up folks will be dropping like flies for the LE

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems to be Keith thing? I remember Hobbit was the same, and more recently POTC. Was one of the reasons I sold POTC - just felt like Multiball all day.

I hated that on POTC too.

Doesn’t bother me on GNR. I like the constant chaos!

#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m glad you can just avoid that and play single ball modes if you want. But I’m sure the scoring is higher if you play them as multiballs.

Yeah. All things that could be adjusted in code either way. Playing a band pin that isn’t playing the bands music seems strange to me. I think the choose you soundtrack option at the beginning of each ball makes more sense. In this games case it could be choose your album. What good are all those assets if you don’t hear them?

#1845 3 years ago

I still say stick that fucking mech in the LE and this all goes away! To make the CE the complete game was a total fuck up

#1846 3 years ago

It's not greed, they are running a f'n business; when will some of you guys get that???

You have no clue, especially with them operating through a f'n pandemic.

Be thankful we have this new release, along with others from Stern and AP...Some of you will complain about anything and everything...Pathetic!!!

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Eric mentioned some future game play options that would feature timed gameplay. Great for novices to have a minimum game time (the length of the song), or a challenge for advance players to get maximum points before the timer expires.

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I still say stick that fucking mech in the LE and this all goes away! To make the CE the complete game was a total fuck up

It’s seriously a physical kickback vs a virtual one. Relax.

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s seriously a physical kickback vs a virtual one. Relax.

CE GAME PLAY IS DIFFERENT THAN LE! Fix it

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'll think of you when I'm enjoying my CE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 210.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/37?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.