pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 111.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hear you and definitely empathize. I don't think anyone predicted this thing to sell out in a day.

Clearly. They would of set a higher number of charged more if they knew this would happen.

#1752 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know that they didn't get the same as their last CE order(s).
Only the distributor or JJP know how many that is.
LTG : )

Some guy just said they didn’t get one because their distributor had their prior 10 game allotment cut

Who knows and I’m sure it’s still getting sorted out but it’s total BS going into the process half ass like this without Dealers having a clue

I’m getting one unless my guy gets cut down too.

At this point it’s like you guys go ahead and fight over a $12.5k pinball machine

When the dust settles we will see whether or not people pony up or not

Here comes the spot flipping. Make people pay in full right now if they want one

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, he has a history of well-thought-out pinball opinions, and he has played it. What else do we have to go on right now?
Buffalo Pinball streams it tomorrow so we'll get a little more data.
Based on POTC though, I don't expect an Eric game to shoot poorlly.

Exactly. I am also awaiting the video to make my final decision, but sweet jesus is this thing beautiful LOOKING. Let's face it: we know the rules are gonna be baller. We know it is beautiful and has mind blowing integration. We know Eric knows how to make a great playing game. Without hyperbole, this may be the best pinball machine made we are seeing.

#1754 3 years ago

maybe they should just add another 100 CE's... wouldnt be the first time a company did that...

#1755 3 years ago

Wow, I never would have thought I'd see the day when 500 $12,500 pinballs would be sold.

JJP has the hit they needed.

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP took direct orders, and then screwed their distributors on allocation

We don't know this.JJP had X number for themselves. Didn't take orders until the reveal started. And shut the ordering on their website shortly after.

So it didn't sound like they kept selling all they could and took from distributor allotments.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some guy just said they didn’t get one because their distributor had their prior 10 game allotment cut
Who knows and I’m sure it’s still getting sorted out but it’s total BS going into the process half ass like this without Dealers having a clue
I’m getting one unless my guy gets cut down too.
At this point it’s like you guys go ahead and fight over a $12.5k pinball machine
When the dust settles we will see whether or not people pony up or not
Here comes the spot flipping. Make people pay in full right now if they want one

Thats what I was told as well, and that came from one of JJP's largest distributors....I guess the silver lining is it saved me almost $13K, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth....JJP has screwed their distributors, and loyal customer base. This is a major screw up by JJP.....lesson learned

#1758 3 years ago

We had 9 x CEs allocated to the whole of the UK.
As you can imagine, that didn’t last long.
I wanted a CE but alas- no chance!

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

maybe they should just add another 100 CE's... wouldnt be the first time a company did that...

That would destroy any credibility on future titles, on how many CE's would be built.

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

JJP posted a gameplay video today. 5mins.

Pretty underwhelming no? Not trying to be a hater just objective...

#1761 3 years ago

Kaneda is going to have a field day and say he told us. He didn’t cry wolf this time.

However if some guys had on order from dealer with deposit etc. they stopped looking and then they don’t get one that’s bad.

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You've been shitting on this thing in every post you make. Why so personal?

I’m not shitting on anything, I’m sharing my thoughts and opinions based on what I have seen so far just like everyone else has. No big deal, you do you and I’ll do me but this is a public forum and I’m using it. This isn’t the owner thread.

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We don't know this.JJP had X number for themselves. Didn't take orders until the reveal started. And shut the ordering on their website shortly after.
So it didn't sound like they kept selling all they could and took from distributor allotments.

Lloyd your a great ambassador for JJP, but even u can't justify what happened. All JJP had to do was allocate so many direct sales, and then allocate the balance as needed (pre launch). Clearly what happened is direct sales were much higher and JJP cut allocation. JJP completely screwed many loyal customers who are used to buying from their distributors. This is exactly why Stern doesn't sell directly to the market.

#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kaneda is going to have a field day and say he told us. He didn’t cry wolf this time.
However if some guys had on order from dealer with deposit etc. they stopped looking and then they don’t get one that’s bad.

Thats exactly what happened on my end....

#1765 3 years ago

Will a JJP topper be available for the LE at least?

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Clearly what happened is direct sales were much higher and JJP cut allocation.

Again. We don't know that.

JJP killed the ordering on the website and quit taking orders.

If they'd kept taking orders, would have been bad. But there's no proof they did that.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pretty underwhelming no? Not trying to be a hater just objective...

Shit. I really wish I didn’t agree with you

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Will a JJP topper be available for the LE at least?

The CE one ? No.

#1769 3 years ago

I really wish JJP could have anticipated the sales better with this title. The large fan appeal.....
The CE should have been circa 1k to be fair and would still be exclusive enough.
I think they dropped the ball here.

#1770 3 years ago

Big market whatever mod company comes up with a topper speaker. Combo

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My thoughts exactly.
“Oooooooh pretty!”
Doesn’t look like a terrific shooter so far

Ive made much worse decisions based on "ooooooh pretty!".

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Shit. I really wish I didn’t agree with you

Ditto....

#1773 3 years ago

Toy Story CE or bust...

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they'd kept taking orders, would have been bad. But there's no proof they did that.

If you can’t at least meet prior allotments and you are telling dealers AFTER the fact, do you not see how that might be a problem?

Now you have put those dealers in a position that those people will NEVER buy from them again

#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I really wish JJP could have anticipated the sales better with this title.

Looking back, easy to think that way.

In the past. POTC CE pretty much sold out at Expo. So increase to 250 WW CE. Some distributors still have them ?

So doubling GNR CE probably seemed risky to begin with.

And people weren't that hot about it here on Pinside leading up to the release.

I don't recall any clue that any game would be this hot.

#1776 3 years ago

Gonna be interesting to see a longer stream of this. Not a huge fan of all the locks up to the Gibson stock - kinda interrupts the flow. Not a big fan of short plunges, either. Feel like the light show/theme might be blinding me a bit to the gameplay but super early still.

#1777 3 years ago

Live gameplay uploaded to YouTube.

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

listen I don't want to argue, but what we do know JJP screwed a lot of loyal customers today....and this was a MAJOR screw up at JJP, and easily could have been managed. Its their product launch so its their job to manage their distribution channel.

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you can’t at least meet prior allotments

They did. No dealer was wanting more WW CE's. They made 250 of them. Some dealers still have them.

So they doubled the CE's for GNR CE.

That is twice as many as prior allotments.

#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Gonna be interesting to see a longer stream of this. Not a huge fan of all the locks up to the Gibson stock - kinda interrupts the flow. Not a big fan of short plunges, either. Feel like the light show/theme might be blinding me a bit to the gameplay but super early still.

Yeah, can't wait to see gameplay for sure...That upper playfield will have to be special for me to justify dropping 3k more on it.

I got a Wonka SE, and I love it; the bang for the buck compared to Stern low end is galaxies ahead...JJP, I cannot wait to see Toy Story.

#1781 3 years ago

Just played gnr at helicon. I really liked it so far shots are fun. The theme integration is phenomenal. If your a gnr fan you should love this pin. Super excited to get mine and learn the rules some more.

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, I never would have thought I'd see the day when 500 $12,500 pinballs would be sold.

That’s the thing. None Have sold. They’ve just taken that many deposits. What happens when people start backing out? Do any of the people that got screwed out of one get one? Do distros get any?

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

That left ramp is so smooth, but then: stop.

#1784 3 years ago

Making a different version of the sound bar topper would probably make a lot of people happy.

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They did. No dealer was wanting more WW CE's. They made 250 of them. Some dealers still have them.
So they doubled the CE's for GNR CE.
That is twice as many as prior allotments.

This has nothing to do with the issue at hand. JJP completely screwed loyal customers, and frankly their distribution channel

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

God, this game looks sick!!!!!!!!!

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

That left ramp is so smooth, but then: stop.

Maybe the standard edition is better?

#1788 3 years ago

Damn the game play is gonna be fantastic by the looks of it! It will be one of the biggest selling pins in recent decade!

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

who the f*ck uploads a video at 240p in 2020?

#1790 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Shit wifi.

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No one. Who doesn’t understand YT processing in 2020?

#1792 3 years ago

I mean...all the whining around here...this is the real tragedy lol.

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe the standard edition is better?

If they made those hotrails RGB I would probably just be in for an SE.

I will say the newer video seemed more enjoyable just by having the sound of the flippers/pops etc. Was definitely missing in the more polished vid.

Edit: Not saying the hotrails are the *only* reason to go LE. But the lightshow is a big draw and the other added LE pieces bring it all together.

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I thumbs up'd this, so dont take this as hateful. 240p my dude? cmon!

edit - just read chuckwurt comment. I most certainly do NOT understand YT processing and feel like a silly goose.

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looking back, easy to think that way.
In the past. POTC CE pretty much sold out at Expo. So increase to 250 WW CE. Some distributors still have them ?
So doubling GNR CE probably seemed risky to begin with.
And people weren't that hot about it here on Pinside leading up to the release.
I don't recall any clue that any game would be this hot.

Understood - If you took Metallica MOP as an example it may have gave you an indication of how well good rock pins sell in this flavour. Especially with having the full assets and backing of GnR.... with your team then seeing the completed product in all its glory... One would think JJP must have had confidence to realise this was something special and worthy of upping the auntie - so to speak.

#1796 3 years ago

I notice the back screen has a picture in picture. Larger picture shows concert and smaller picture shows graphic videos they play at concerts on screens. Would love for there to be a feature where we can swap those images. I'd rather the live performance in the smaller window and graphics in the main window. Really hoping for a swap, the graphic would feel more like you're in the concert.

#1797 3 years ago

Looks like JJP did too good of a job marketing this!

lol... it is was it is. I hope I get my CE but if not I’ll sure I’ll find one for a price...

#1798 3 years ago

Yeah, hopefully everyone who ordered a CE gets one, the game looks great. Hope it lives up to the hype.

#1799 3 years ago

CE's sold out in 1 day, riots in the arcade.

Just going to quote myself (never quoted myself before, but theres a first time for everything)...

Quoted from cooked71:

See what happens when JJP finally announce a title aimed at grown men.

#1800 3 years ago

I usually don't chime in about company's business practices, but how do you not figure out allotment with your distributors BEFORE a release? It creates tons of confusion, puts distributors in a bad spot, and it angers your loyal fanbase.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/36?hl=playtwowin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.