pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 111.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

If they don’t have the signatures I’m not interested. I’ll call them tomorrow and get on some list of next edition buyers or if a CE gets returned somehow.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103564 - CE still for sale here in NE

#1702 3 years ago

Haven’t had time to read anything lately. This is my first post in anger. Yesterday within 10 minutes of seeing the reveal I put down a $1,000 deposit with my distributor on a CE I just got a call from my distributor saying JJP backed out on their allotment of 10. All I have to say is F%#% JJP. I’ve bought 4 of their games. This is such BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Haven’t had time to read anything lately. This is my first post in anger. Yesterday within 10 minutes of seeing the reveal I put down a $1,000 deposit with my distributor on a CE I just got a call from my distributor saying JJP backed out on their allotment of 10. All I have to say is F%#% JJP. I’ve bought 4 of their games. This is such BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the post above yours! be quick!

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

That’s very crummy.

Xyz dealer said not getting near his allotment.

I wonder where all these games went?

LE doesn’t look bad tho. I’m going to get an LE.

I’m a sucker for light show.

#1705 3 years ago

This is why JJP direct sale and mix with distributors is not a good model. Either one or the other. Of course direct sale will give them more profit so why not back out of distributor allotment if you can sell direct. Again, do it all direct or none.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s very crummy.
Flip N out said not getting near his allotment.
I wonder where all these games went?

Kaneda bought them all to flip‘em.

No, srsly he bought FOUR for all his „friends“.

#1707 3 years ago

They did everything right on this launch, and now this is going to blow up in their face with a lot of angry customers. Good thing LE is just as good and save you $3k, IMO

#1708 3 years ago

It seems like a shitty thing to do to dealers. Here is one golden product but they can’t make any money because no product.

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It seems like a shitty thing to do to dealers. Here is one golden product but they can’t make any money because no product.

Do we know they yanked games away from them to sell direct? I doubt it.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

They did everything right on this launch, and now this is going to blow up in their face with a lot of angry customers. Good thing LE is just as good and save you $3k, IMO

LE is great looking.

Probably is 90% to an LE at 75% of the cost.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

This is why JJP direct sale and mix with distributors

They do this?? This literally makes it impossible to commit an allotment to your distros.

#1712 3 years ago

Makes no sense... each distributor should have known their allotment before sales. Not let’s see how many what happens. Spooky did it fairly to distributors. Stern doesn’t sell direct.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

This is why JJP direct sale and mix with distributors is not a good model. Either one or the other. Of course direct sale will give them more profit so why not back out of distributor allotment if you can sell direct. Again, do it all direct or none.

Another reason why I will never go through a distributor. The whole distributor model is tired, outdated, and simply broken.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They do this?? This literally makes it impossible to commit an allotment to your distros.

Not really.

But JJP would have to stick to how many CE's they allotted for themselves...

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Ha....happened to me as well.....I've owned all their games...looks like I won't be buying this pin after all. I'll wait a year and maybe pick one up on the secondary market. This is a major screw up on JJP part.... I was a supporter until now .... enjoy your game boys

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yeah, makes sense but I'm not a big fan of that mech as it was on the Tesseract and TOTAN, tends to slow gameplay down and block shots in a not so fun way to me. Maybe the single post is better. Might have been more interesting if they added a motor to it.

I was thinking the same thing and actually thought the disc was powered when I first watched the videos. That would have been cool if it could at least bat the ball around a bit, or intentionally stop in a position to make a shot more difficult.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes, you can go to JJP website and place an order for a machine, directly with them, then shipped out, with no distro attached to the deal. And to above comment, of course they pulled distort allotment to sell direct. Why else would they have pulled allotment?? To not sell the 500 CEs?

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Makes no sense... each distributor should have known their allotment before sales. Not let’s see how many what happens. Spooky did it fairly to distributors. Stern doesn’t sell direct.

Really what they need to do is have every customer submit a video proving that they are worth of a chance to buy a game.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Listen dealers are to blame as well. They should not have taken orders if they didn't know their allocation. We all know what happens. They took a bunch of orders, and when the allocation was cut they crossed off the guys who weren't repeat customers.

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen dealers are to blame as well. They should not have taken orders if they didn't know their allocation. We all know what happens. They took a bunch of orders, and when the allocation was cut they crossed off the guys who weren't repeat customers.

One Hundred Percent

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen dealers are to blame as well. They should not have taken orders if they didn't know their allocation.

Chris from Kingpin games posted that recently. That no distributor should take deposits until they knew for sure how many games they were getting.

LTG : )

#1722 3 years ago

Oh I agree, but if the distros had a predetermined allotment then it's not on them. But I imagine they did not know the allotment and had their interested list blow up on them after reveal and couldn't help but to cash in those deposits. But again, we don't know if they had a prelaunch allotment already determined.

#1723 3 years ago

As JJP grows I would have them consider to only sell to distributors.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Total BS on their part.

This is their Metallica LE shit show that Stern had to deal with

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chris from Kingpin games posted that recently. That no distributor should take deposits until they knew for sure how many games they were getting.

A great reason to buy from Chris at Kingpin games! Plus he has more experience and history with JJP games than anybody.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They should be able to expect at least the same number of games they were getting before Lloyd

They have to buy the prior stuff that doesn’t sell and then gets cut on this one

That’s not right

#1727 3 years ago

Consider it a blessing in disguise... the LE is the same game for 3k less.

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A great reason to buy from Chris at Kingpin games! Plus he has more experience and history with JJP games than anybody.

Disagree, Chris might be great but when you are an “authorized dealer” you should
be treated fairly

Or just have one or two

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They should be able to expect at least the same number of games they were getting before Lloyd
They have to buy the prior stuff that doesn’t sell and then gets cut on this one
That’s not right

Solid point. Especially on past sales of DI and WONKA. Distributors floated JJP with those sales.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We don't know that they didn't get the same as their last CE order(s).

Only the distributor or JJP know how many that is.

#1731 3 years ago

How long have the CE been sold out? The scalping has begun!

#1732 3 years ago

I assume the CEs are the highest margin games for them and their distros. They should sell 100% of them to distros.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s not right

This! Like Stern...every dealer has to buy same shitty Munsters or ST, and get rewarded when JP or TMNT, AIQ comes along.

JJP screwed this up, which sucks, such a great reveal

#1734 3 years ago

If someone was on a waitlist, it sucks but no harm no foul. But if someone actually put money down, JJP or the distributor needs to do something to make that right. When someone puts a deposit down, they stop looking.

#1735 3 years ago

Well this has turned out unexpected!

I knew Pinside would complain, but the complaints I did NOT have on my bingo card were:

- JJP didn't make enough
- JJP put too much into the CE

#1736 3 years ago

Does no one care how this game shoots? I haven’t heard a peep about the layout or shots. All about the amazing assets and the included pinstadium lights....

#1737 3 years ago

LoL

JJP should have charged $14,000.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does no one care how this game shoots? I haven’t heard a peep about the layout or shots. All about the amazing assets and the included pinstadium lights....

My thoughts exactly.

“Oooooooh pretty!”

Doesn’t look like a terrific shooter so far

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I'm with you. What if the gameplay is a dud?

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

ZMeny got to shoot it and said it flows great. The first couple minutes of his video are nothing but shots.

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well this has turned out unexpected!
I knew Pinside would complain, but the complaints I did NOT have on my bingo card were:
- JJP didn't make enough
- JJP put too much into the CE

You totally missed the argument here. People are complaining about the fact they put down a deposit with distro saying they were in for a CE. And now told nop go away. Not same as missing out on the party, they were told to leave after 2 beers in.

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yeah no shit, looks great but I’d like a 5 minute game today so I can decide.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I'm with you. What if the gameplay is a dud?

I just watched a 25 minute in-depth video and not one mention of shots layout or gameplay. Very odd.

#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

zmeny got to shoot it and said it flows great. The first couple minutes of his video are nothing but shots.

If ZMeny said jump off the bridge should we? Come on man. Hey it’s only 10-12k, pocket change.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well I didn't deal with Chris.....this is a MAJOR fuck up on JJP's part, and distributors are to blame as well (the ones who took orders). I've owned all their games, and the way I feel right now I might just sell them all off, and never buy another JJP game again....We all know what happened....JJP took direct orders, and then screwed their distributors on allocation.....total BS, and its horrible business practice...good luck JJP

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

You totally missed the argument here. People are complaining about the fact they put down a deposit with distro saying they were in for a CE. And now told nop go away. Not same as missing out on the party, they were told to leave after 2 beers in.

I hear you and definitely empathize. I don't think anyone predicted this thing to sell out in a day.

#1747 3 years ago

And I'm going LE, so I have no skin in game for CE, just my observation on the situation. And yes, I haven't ordered yet, need to see this game actually play. Which I'm sure it will shoot good, but will it fit your individual style that you enjoy in pinball.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My thoughts exactly.
“Oooooooh pretty!”

You've been shitting on this thing in every post you make. Why so personal?

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If zmeny said jump off the bridge should we? Come on man.

Well, he has a history of well-thought-out pinball opinions, and he has played it. What else do we have to go on right now?
Buffalo Pinball streams it tomorrow so we'll get a little more data.

Based on POTC though, I don't expect an Eric game to shoot poorlly.

#1750 3 years ago

JJP posted a gameplay video today. 5mins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/35?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.