pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 111.
#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone know if u can hook up a blue tooth speaker to the game?

If you can as noted use a bluetooth headset I can't see why that wouldn't be possible.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Also for network need to have e-net and let people set fixed IP's (don't force DHCP)

What would be the reasoning for this? Why would a pinball machine need a static IP for any reason ?

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you can as noted use a bluetooth headset I can't see why that wouldn't be possible.

if thats the case the SE, and LE buyers can have the same sound quality u get from the CE

#1654 3 years ago

Oh I forgot about bluetooth, good, now I dont need that subwoofer out I was hoping for. External woofer would sound great on this machine Im assuming.

#1655 3 years ago

First GNR on location in the world? Helicon brewery in Pittsburgh Pa.

A5149F53-1AE2-42DB-A39C-58192E9C8EAB (resized).jpegA5149F53-1AE2-42DB-A39C-58192E9C8EAB (resized).jpeg87E2190A-7311-4E48-A4D1-CAAC99DB34B1 (resized).jpeg87E2190A-7311-4E48-A4D1-CAAC99DB34B1 (resized).jpeg986EB9B3-3ADF-4384-B5B2-F03EAF18FE66 (resized).jpeg986EB9B3-3ADF-4384-B5B2-F03EAF18FE66 (resized).jpeg6F1B9592-4512-48D1-BD2B-DC78E4A70A36 (resized).jpeg6F1B9592-4512-48D1-BD2B-DC78E4A70A36 (resized).jpeg9B7E5AD9-F2E7-4429-863C-ECFB09E63289 (resized).jpeg9B7E5AD9-F2E7-4429-863C-ECFB09E63289 (resized).jpeg
#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

This argument is futile. So JJP has another feature in the game for the CE. This is good news! Makes the game more desirable at that trim level.

Stop comparing Stern to JJP. Just because Stern does it, doesn't mean that is the only.

What's ironic to me is that JJP started by emphasizing that all their games would play the same, differences between trim levels would only be cosmetic. I think the Wonkavator was the first change to that business model. Now the Coma ball lock for LE vs CE, which I think is the first playfield difference between an LE and CE among all the companies.

I also find it interesting that JJP's original intent was not to go after Stern's lower price point market. Times change and I don't begrudge them changing their business model to try and make more sales but I am disappointed in their decision to make a physical gameplay change between the LE and CE.

And...GNR looks great! Theme integration is top notch.

#1657 3 years ago

I'm really excited about this game. So I spend some time "investigating" the announcement video and took some frames. Uploaded these under "other images" on the CE gallery page: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jjp-guns-n-roses-ce/gallery

Camera!Camera!

And yes, there's definitely a camera in there!

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What's ironic to me is that JJP started by emphasizing that all their games would play the same, differences between trim levels would only be cosmetic.

They also started in NJ and are in Chicago now. Nothing is forever, right?

I for one support the change. Everyone can buy the tier that resonates with their feature list and budget.

#1659 3 years ago

So here's a rules video for you to kill all anticipation (it did for me XD):

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

if thats the case the SE, and LE buyers can have the same sound quality u get from the CE

Absolutely and for $60!

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely and for $60!

With free sound delay on top!

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What's ironic to me is that JJP started by emphasizing that all their games would play the same, differences between trim levels would only be cosmetic. I think the Wonkavator was the first change to that business model. Now the Coma ball lock for LE vs CE, which I think is the first playfield difference between an LE and CE among all the companies.
I also find it interesting that JJP's original intent was not to go after Stern's lower price point market. Times change and I don't begrudge them changing their business model to try and make more sales but I am disappointed in their decision to make a physical gameplay change between the LE and CE.

I for one am glad they are changing their business model. They need to start making money, and stop bleeding cash....there is no doubt the CE model is a big money grab, which is no different than the Stern LE or SLE models. My guess is they will come out with a GNR topper for the LE and SE models. Like they did on Wonka, but will charge more for it.....

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure u can say that until u see how it shoots, but to each their own. What u can't deny (and maybe u don't care) is the theme integration is 100x anything Stern has ever put out and I've owned all their music pins.

it looks fantastic for sure...I just wish it had more cool engineering mech besides the pop bumper drum symbol.

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely and for $60!

Yea depends on the quality u want to use....pricing on sound bars is all over the map....

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside being Pinside.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Still better than the alternative Pinside member...

0CF102F0-683C-4C0F-8C1E-771DE79AD685 (resized).jpeg0CF102F0-683C-4C0F-8C1E-771DE79AD685 (resized).jpeg
#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

First GNR on location in the world? Helicon brewery in Pittsburgh Pa.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stream that puppy!

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stream that puppy!

I believe they streamed stranger things the day they got it, so fingers crossed.

#1668 3 years ago

Some video here of setup and maybe live coming soon

https://www.facebook.com/chronictown/

#1670 3 years ago

Live streaming gameplay
https://www.twitch.tv/cconway84

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

it looks fantastic for sure...I just wish it had more cool engineering besides the pop bumper drum symbol.

I don't know man theres a lot of attention to detail in this pin along with some creative engineering/design i.e....wire forms, CE topper, and those side light bars to name a few. Maybe not on new mechs, which is perfectly fine with me. They don't need to reinvent the wheel to make a great game. Its the small details that add up to being a great game. Really interested in seeing how it shoots, and whether or not theres flow to the game.

#1672 3 years ago

when? nothing is showing

#1674 3 years ago

Looks like you forgot to hit start streaming.

#1675 3 years ago

I got a CE but now I kinda wish I bought the LE instead. I know the CE has some nice touches for sure but the biggest factor for me was the extra lights and the mechanical game differences, which now we found out is not a whole lot different. The extra lights are under cab lights (What the hell Eric?) and the apron lock. So yeah, I'm kinda sour on the way the characterized the different models

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1676 3 years ago

Don´t forget the 30ish extra rgb lights on the topper and the extra sound system on top.

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I got a CE but now I kinda wish I bought the LE instead. I know the CE has some nice touches for sure but the biggest factor for me was the extra lights and the mechanical game differences, which now we found out is not a whole lot different. The extra lights are under cab lights (What the hell Eric?) and the apron lock. So yeah, I'm kinda sour on the way the characterized the different models

And just like that you have a machine that currently is unobtainable! I am completely sure you not only can trade it with whom ever you got it from but they may even possibly add some $ to it! I would be happy if I was you!

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It seemed pretty clear as to what the differences were haha. That said, you clearly wont have an issue selling this off if you chose to do so in favor of an LE.

This game doesnt seem like its going to suffer in the sales department.

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Let me know if you want to get the LE instead I’m looking for a CE

#1680 3 years ago

Hope this gets recorded!

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

At the 4:35 mark display shows players face. Not sure if that’s any good idea.

why? This has been part of the last 3 JJP games

And they offered the ability to disable it after some people were bothered they could be seen...

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

1st world problems .

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

1st world problems .

legendary Eddy Van Halen passed away.. R.I.P

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It seemed pretty clear as to what the differences were haha. That said, you clearly wont have an issue selling this off if you chose to do so in favor of an LE.
This game doesnt seem like its going to suffer in the sales department.

Not exactly correct, we weren't sure about the COMA feature and apron lock till Keith chimed in. Also the SE brochure had a guitar lock listed on it. But if you figured it out early on..good on you

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like you forgot to hit start streaming.

Bet they were politely asked by JJP to let Buffalo Pinball do the honors tomorrow.

#1687 3 years ago

I'm a little surprised JJP didn't want to control the game play videos. Its fine, but if I was them I would have tried to take control of the messaging.

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm a little surprised JJP didn't want to control the game play videos. Its fine, but if I was them I would have tried to take control of the messaging.

What can they really do? The game is out now

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

There's a new sheriff in town and his name is not Jack.

#1691 3 years ago

Alive at helicon !

1C1C17C4-F1FB-491E-8E6E-5D5A64F34D53 (resized).jpeg1C1C17C4-F1FB-491E-8E6E-5D5A64F34D53 (resized).jpeg
#1692 3 years ago

Three recent games with a post on a spinning disc. Tell me, how is it fun to brick a shot on a post to make a circle spin? I hit plenty of posts during normal gameplay and I really do not want to actually aim for one.

Edit: was thinking of JP and the newton ball jeep. Still not a fun shot to hit, but at least a Jeep turns around. Much better visually than a post on a disc.

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Three recent games with a post on a spinning disc. Tell me, how is it fun to brick a shot on a post to make a circle spin? I hit plenty of posts during normal gameplay and I really do not want to actually aim for one.

Name them. I can only think of two.

#1694 3 years ago

CE is already sold out? Unreal. I never thought thinking it over would screw me out of the ability to order it. It took a few days to get permission from the wife and without the signatures I’d rather just wait and buy one used

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

CE is already sold out? Unreal. I never thought thinking it over would screw me out of the ability to order it. It took a few days to get permission from the wife and without the signatures I’d rather just wait and buy one used

Same here... Such is life...

Jeff

#1696 3 years ago

Don’t worry in 9 months they will probably have a Slash version CE if I had to guess. No way they leave CE money on the table

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely and for $60!

Why settle for a $60 sound bar?

Have you seen those mini Marshall amps? Someone needs to figure out how to hook one of them up to this pin. Perfect topper and speaker all in one.

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from Heaton3730:

Alive at helicon !
[quoted image]

One can clearly see in that image that the purple armor of the CE really is a great match for the colors on the PF!

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Don’t worry in 9 months they will probably have a Slash version CE if I had to guess. No way they leave CE money on the table

If they don’t have the signatures I’m not interested. I’ll call them tomorrow and get on some list of next edition buyers or if a CE gets returned somehow.

#1700 3 years ago

A WGN-TV truck was in JJP’s parking lot tonight. Must be a news story
forthcoming.

Sorry if someone already posted about this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/34?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.