pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 111.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Looks like JJP fixed the error with the SE -- no more ball lock listed: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html
[quoted image]
Also interesting that CoinTaker sent an email out to me this morning about the game -- and no mention of being able to pre-order the CE.

Yeah I had to email multiple distributors to get it figured out and one said they finally spoke with JJP to get it fixed. Really sucks since that was what I was basing my desire to purchase on. I could have lived without the base and the 4 string wire form, but modifying that upper playfield to still be on the SE with the 6 ball lock would have been a good move. The games just look far too different now, and the game play will seemingly be vastly different between the models.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I had to email multiple distributors to get it figured out and one said they finally spoke with JJP to get it fixed. Really sucks since that was what I was basing my desire to purchase on. I could have lived without the base and the 4 string wire form, but modifying that upper playfield to still be on the SE with the 6 ball lock would have been a good move. The games just look far too different now, and the game play will seemingly be vastly different between the models.

If your primary objective is to operate it, I think the standard would be a good choice. It will still earn without the upper playfield and be less maintenance.

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is what Stern does as well. Unfortunately, it's just the way of the pinball world now. If you want one model/trim level when it comes to game features, Spooky is the way to go. Otherwise, bend over and grab your ankles.

American pinball doesn't do that nonsense either. Stern doesn't differentiate their Le from premium when it comes to hardware. I could see the drumsticks and some other major upgraded options over the CE being smart ditto the glitter painted playfield but that block only being on the CE is kind of a turn off.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

American pinball doesn't do that nonsense either. Stern doesn't differentiate their Le from premium when it comes to hardware. I could see the drumsticks and some other major upgraded options over the CE being smart ditto the glitter painted playfield but that block only being on the CE is kind of a turn off.

I think us JJP owners have gotten used to their old ways. The problem is those ways caused the company to bleed cash. I'm actually happy their figuring out creative ways to drive more profit as its the only way they'll be around for the long haul.

#1605 3 years ago

I'm look forward to playing this.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You misheard. Eric specifically said "studio masters". The album recordings.

So that would mean they’ll have to sync concert footage with the studio recordings during the song modes. I would think that would be an additional programming challenge especially if the concert footage is more recent. I also understood though too, the studio recordings are being used.

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

So that would mean they’ll have to sync concert footage with the studio recordings during the song modes. I would think that would be an additional programming challenge especially if the concert footage is more recent. I also understood though too, the studio recordings are being used.

On one of the podcasts Eric discusses this very issue. He said they paid a guy to sync concert footage with studio recordings. Just another detail they didn't overlook

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Yeah Eric described in the interview that they did sync the concert footage with the recordings.

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

My guess is Coma is the locked song.
Edit just saw it’s already there

The locked song is not an explicit song. It's 5 explicit + 1 locked for 6 of the 21 unavailable out of the box.

#1610 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I cant think of a Stern where game play changed between a Premium, LE or SLE. Which Stern’s vary between those models?

Tron. But yeh, that’s it.

If I wasn’t getting a “Stern fanboy therefore must troll JJP” vibe from you, I’d tend to agree - exclusive mechs only available in the limited version of the game is not a good trend. Maybe ad a (meaningless) software mode to the CE, but not a full mech or interactive Playfield feature.

It’s not really too different than the path Stern is going with the toppers - the topper itself is limited and it unlocks a mode. Not a fan from either company.

Having said that, the “LE” on this isn’t really missing much. It’s still going to be freaking awesome and IMO it’s the best art package of the 3.

#1611 3 years ago

Guys,

Do JJP pins use translites or real back glass - trying to gauge if the GnR LE is Glass - I know it isn't mirrored though.

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Guys,
Do JJP pins use translites or real back glass - trying to gauge if the GnR LE is Glass - I know it isn't mirrored though.

I've never seen one that isn't glass.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Tron. But yeh, that’s it.
If I wasn’t getting a “Stern fanboy therefore must troll JJP” vibe from you, I’d tend to agree - exclusive mechs only available in the limited version of the game is not a good trend. Maybe ad a (meaningless) software mode to the CE, but not a full mech or interactive Playfield feature.
It’s not really too different than the path Stern is going with the toppers - the topper itself is limited and it unlocks a mode. Not a fan from either company.
Having said that, the “LE” on this isn’t really missing much. Set I’ll going to be freaking awesome and IMO it’s the best art package of the 3.

This is certainly going to be possible JJP biggest game going on all the hype. You in Mark

#1614 3 years ago

How isn't there an "Axl is late" mode? Quick...make the shots to get Axl on stage before midnight!

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen Stern is very smart when it comes to making money (I have a lot of respect for that), and I realize your not a fan of JJP games, but there is zero comparison to ALL of the Stern music pins. I've owned Met LE, AC/DC BIB, AC/DC Prem, and IMDN LE...all fun games, but the theme integration, is orders of magnitude more impressive on JJP's GNR. Now as far as game play goes time will tell as nobody has seen it yet, but my guess is its great due to the design team. Yes u pay a little more for JJP games, but u also get a lot more. Sterns JP2 could have been the GOAT if they actually had assets. Instead they made it into a cartoon dinosaur game, which I don't care for (just my personal pref).

I prefer JJP to Stern any day, but this is bullshit. IMDN is incorporated beautifully. The voice work is amazing and the art is killer. What I see from GnR is a focus on lighting and some guitar headstocks. I'll be generous by saying the art is "off," but GnR has never been known for their art. It's all cliche skid art from the 80s. They did the best they could. The game has almost nothing new, whereas IMDN brought in a world champion designer with one of the best PF designs in history.

Oh, and IM being stripped down?? Serious? Two well-placed magnets and and a rising bash toy with multiple switches inside... What does GnR have that even comes close to Monger... Oh yeah, the spinner wheel. Good luck with that.

Again, I PREFER JJP as a company, but the blindness to the lack of "innovation" in this game is startling, even for pinside!

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

This is certainly going to be possible JJP biggest game going on all the hype. You in Mark

Absolutely. You? Really impressive game on all levels.

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

As pointed out a few times already, I did mishear this. I incorrectly connected the conversation about the 21 songs in the game to Eric making the pointed comment that the "original" (i.e. new) music were Slash's, not recordings of the band. Case closed.

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I prefer JJP to Stern any day, but this is bullshit. IMDN is incorporated beautifully. The voice work is amazing and the art is killer. What I see from GnR is a focus on lighting and some guitar headstocks. I'll be generous by saying the art is "off," but GnR has never been known for their art. It's all cliche skid art from the 80s. They did the best they could. The game has almost nothing new, whereas IMDN brought in a world champion designer with one of the best PF designs in history.
Oh, and IM being stripped down?? Serious? Two well-placed magnets and and a rising bash toy with multiple switches inside... What does GnR have that even comes close to Monger... Oh yeah, the spinner wheel. Good luck with that.
Again, I PREFER JJP as a company, but the blindness to the lack of "innovation" in this game is startling, even for pinside!

I was thinking about this as well....What does it do? The symbol on the pop bumper is cool and different, but there really isn't anything else. For example, TBL, bowling alley, roll up rug, and the car that swings out. What does GnR do besides rolling the ball around and locking it? I actually thought about selling Metallica and buying this, but then I stopped and realized there's so much more going on in Metallica, It would have been a stupid sell.. I'll be waiting for Led Zeppelin, visually this will up Sterns game.

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I was thinking about this as well....What does it do? The symbol on the bumper is cool and different, but there really isn't anything else. For example, TBL, bowling alley, roll up rug, and the car that swings out. What does GnR do besides rolling the ball around and locking it?

I’m not going to do a coil/toy count, all that matters to me is that it’s fun to play!

#1620 3 years ago

I think code is going to go a long way here from what I tell this game has a guitar hero feel to it especially getting bood off stage if you can't keep that spinner going... Then the lights go out and the flippers die ...That's some pressure right there.. also trapping the ball lowers your rock meter so I think there's going to be a lot of interaction with the main LCD unlike other games we've seen

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m not going to do a coil/toy count, all that matters to me is if it is fun to play!

I totally get this argument and generally support it, but I don't think it's fair to ignore the other side as well. IM proves you don't need a ton of coils, but you can still have "neat" or "cool' or "NEW" things to interact with. IMDN is a pretty good example of that as well.

#1622 3 years ago

I’m not going to do a coil/toy count, all that matters to me is if it is fun to play!

I’d agree, but also add in the WiFi updates. It’d be nice to not have to think about making sure I have the right usb before downloading off my pc and then plugging into my machine. Hoping for a single item in the menu saying update, and being able to select the version. In fact I’d love if every manufacturer added this going forward.

#1623 3 years ago

My opinion, as long as it is fun to play with a great light show, pumping music, and entertaining animations on the back box for spectators, I’m fine with no crazy innovations.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

What does GnR do besides rolling the ball around and locking it?

It looks damn good while doing it.

You either value stuff like the ball going down real drumsticks, a little working high hat, and an intense light show....or you're a curmudgeon

#1625 3 years ago

GET EM JAMES

#1626 3 years ago

You’ll have to come check mine out when it arrives Dood!

#1627 3 years ago

I’m not going to do a coil/toy count, all that matters to me is that it’s fun to play!

To each there own, love the bowling alley, rug, and the car on TBL.. Metallica's snake spit, sparky, magnets, hammer ball lock, drop target to magnet.. That stuff excites me, the engineering. Look at JJp's other games, so much going on. Was looking forward to this game.. I'm disappointed... But the LE is the best looking game, by far.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

You’ll have to come check mine out when it arrives Dood!

Dude absolutely! It looks awesome! Hit me up!

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

To each there own, love the bowling alley, rug, and the car on TBL.. Metallica's snake spit, sparky, magnets, hammer ball lock, drop target to magnet.. That stuff excites me, the engineering. Look at JJp's other games, so much going on. Was looking forward to this game.. I'm disappointed.

Not sure u can say that until u see how it shoots, but to each their own. What u can't deny (and maybe u don't care) is the theme integration is 100x anything Stern has ever put out and I've owned all their music pins.

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It looks damn good while doing it.
You either value stuff like the ball going down real drumsticks, a little working high hat, and an intense light show....or you're a curmudgeon

I couldn't agree more. Look at BKSOR. That playfield does just as much as GNR but is 3x the size, and the ball only has 1 path out.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

To each there own, love the bowling alley, rug, and the car on TBL.. Metallica's snake spit, sparky, magnets, hammer ball lock, drop target to magnet.. That stuff excites me, the engineering. Look at JJp's other games, so much going on. Was looking forward to this game.. I'm disappointed.

I hear you, but its clear some like the TNA like light shows and music vs physical mechs like POTC or DI.
Will need to see how it plays tomorrow.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They had a small record back in the 80s, you probably never heard of it, called Appetite for Destruction.

Ha! Did I mention everything I learned about GnR in the 80s, was -on the radio-? Thanks, should have educated myself with the below first and it would have made more sense. I still kind of think the bland, non-descript skeletons are kind of weird for the artwork, but if that's how the band represents itself anyway...

For anyone else wondering about the music, I just went down the list, wondering how these would integrate. Do any noticeable absences stick out to fans? Or something that would work better in pinball? Is there a pinball-browser equivalent for JJP that you can replace songs? Just curious. Might be interesting to see how they integrate some of the ballads.

1. It's So Easy -

2. Mr. Brownstone -

3. Sweet Child O' Mine -

4. Welcome to the Jungle -

5. My Michelle -

6. Out ta Get Me -

7. Paradise City -

8. Night Train -

9. Rocket Queen -

10. Coma -

11. Double Talkin' Jive -

12. November Rain -

13. Live and Let Die -

14. Don't Cry -

15. You Could Be Mine -

16. Civil War -

17. Estranged -

18. Better -

19. Chinese Democracy -

20. This I Love -

21. Patience -

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The irony is the stripped down IM had such demand that it was brought back

True, but it was panned as a bare bones game when it was first released. Took a while for it to build a following as people started to appreciate fast, fun, in your face games with less features.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm in the deep minority here, but my wallet is safe! I dislike GnR, so I was terrified that this game might be the pin of all pins. With regard to lightshow, the CE will be the best to date, and incorporation of assets will be top-shelf.
Not many here are talking about actual geometry and how the game shoots. The videos mostly focus on assets, concept and lighting. Gameplay is absolutely the most important aspect. Short, close ramps can be good, but they can be bad. Also, the spinner wheel is meh.. What else is there in the game that makes you go, "I can't wait to shoot that!"? Single flipper upper pfs have never been that good. The headstocks are cool, but, again, these are aesthetic. I don't even want to get into the art, but I'll say that I don't like any of it, even if I was a GnR fan.
I see a decent pin here--don't get me wrong--but I don't feel like I'm missing much by being on the sidelines. I hope the next game has something crazy and new and focuses more on gameplay.
All that said, I'm happy for all the GnR fans that are getting games. Buy a lot so we get more!

You make some very valid points here, but missed a great playing one flipper UPF--White Water. Really looking forward to playing this to see how it shoots.

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A little hilarious that the main 'toy' is exactly the same as Avengers, pretty funny timing, but not Eric's fault. It's a record, it makes sense.

Yeah, makes sense but I'm not a big fan of that mech as it was on the Tesseract and TOTAN, tends to slow gameplay down and block shots in a not so fun way to me. Maybe the single post is better. Might have been more interesting if they added a motor to it.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

12. November Rain -

This reminded me of the "kids react" for November Rain. It cracks me up when the tone changes and they find out that she died. Their reactions are great.

#1637 3 years ago

I dont know if this has been asked before, is Slash on pinside and what is his username, I have a question for him.

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont know if this has been asked before, is Slash on pinside and what is his username, I have a question for him.

His username is @fataxl. What a sense of humor that guy has.

#1639 3 years ago

Does JJP deliver to grand central station, NY?

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Does JJP deliver to grand central station, NY?

Ask them? Pinside hive isn't going to help you here.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I’d agree, but also add in the WiFi updates. It’d be nice to not have to think about making sure I have the right usb before downloading off my pc and then plugging into my machine. Hoping for a single item in the menu saying update, and being able to select the version. In fact I’d love if every manufacturer added this going forward.

and they need to let you plug in an keyboard to enter the wifi login vs trying to do with the menu / flipper buttons.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

grand central station, NY?

The UP may be able to deliver there

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and they need to let you plug in an keyboard to enter the wifi login vs trying to do with the menu / flipper buttons.

Yeah, I know it's a niche case and would be seldom used. But let me plug in a USB dongle for one of these wireless keyboards that I just have laying around. It's worked out of the box in every Linux distro I've tried.

61BL-VxKv4L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg61BL-VxKv4L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#1645 3 years ago

I think most people who have owned a JJP machine would agree they build the highest quality machine on the market - bar none.

It looks like JJP killed it on this title and it's really cool they created a version of this machine that competes extremely well on pricing!

Can't wait to play one - it looks like this may be my favorite JJP game to date!

Congrats to the JJP team - well done.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah, I know it's a niche case and would be seldom used. But let me plug in a USB dongle for one of these wireless keyboards that I just have laying around. It's worked out of the box in every Linux distro I've tried.
[quoted image]

well the Linux distro may take it but what wrapper they use for the menu UI may not take that input. Also for network need to have e-net and let people set fixed IP's (don't force DHCP)

#1648 3 years ago

At the 4:35 mark display shows players face. Not sure if that’s any good idea.

#1649 3 years ago

Anyone know if u can hook up a blue tooth speaker to the game?

#1650 3 years ago

I’m not a huge G and R fan but the machine looks pretty sweet.
I was surprised to get an email (specifically advertising only this ornament) from a high end Christmas Ornament company yesterday. Cost is $70.

Is there a bunch of new merchandise being released along with the pin ?

89A5375A-101B-4EA4-A658-971308E2EF60 (resized).jpeg89A5375A-101B-4EA4-A658-971308E2EF60 (resized).jpegDBE207AF-4A36-43B9-A9AE-076F77FB5E75 (resized).jpegDBE207AF-4A36-43B9-A9AE-076F77FB5E75 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/33?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.