pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 111.
#1551 3 years ago

Game looks great, but the SE is so stripped down, especially on the upper left side. Could have done something better in that area other than just a piece of plastic. The price for the SE is still I little high for what your getting but applaud JJP for trying to make a cheaper entry level game. The art looks spectacular but wish they would have done more with Appetite for Destruction art, like maybe a cabinet with the black Appetite theme. Not really a big GnR fan other than the Appetite album so a big pass for me. Can’t wait to play one on location tho.

#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Has anyone heard the production schedule, I have a CE reserved but I haven’t been told if they are still being produced last. If that’s the case I may go to an LE as I prefer that art package and I can add most of the extra features I wanted from the CE.

I was told that CE's are shipping Nov/Dec .... take that for what its worth....

#1553 3 years ago

The standard cab art work gives me Fish Tales vibes at a quick glance.

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

The standard cab art work gives me Fish Tales vibes at a quick glance.

I realize it's all personal, but the SE cab looks like muppets in shriner cars to me....lol.

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

The CE comes with the option of paying an extra $1000 to have Jack and Slash fly out to your house and help you unbox, level and play-test your new game.

With the guitars I have for him to play, Slash would be happy to pay me $1k for the service.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I realize it's all personal, but the SE cab looks like muppets in shriner cars to me.

Honestly, the LE cab is the only one tht looks half way decent (imo).

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

You misheard. Eric specifically said "studio masters". The album recordings.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:I was told that CE's are shipping Nov/Dec .... take that for what its worth....

I just hope it comes before or after the snow hits, I never had to move a pin in the dead middle of Winter, that would suck.

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Gnr sounds like a marketing turn for jjp

They did it for wonka and made a big deal about it... and are continuing that effort with GNR

Not really new

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They did it for wonka and made a big deal about it... and are continuing that effort with GNR
Not really new

Not really. Same day availability was a key element here that got many excited, including myself. If they said "hey here is our new game and it ships in the next 90 days" that is a different approach.

#1560 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to more gameplay?

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Honestly, the LE cab is the only one tht looks half way decent (imo).

Agreed. A little busy but fits the theme well. I see no reason to spend $3000 more to get the worst art and mostly cosmetic changes. I wonder if you can rig up your own soundbar on the LE.

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not really. Same day availability was a key element here that got many excited, including myself. If they said "hey here is our new game and it ships in the next 90 days" that is a different approach.

He was talking about the lower price point for standards

And yes, with wonka they were promising immediate availability (aka missed tpf ...)... but failed to really deliver with wonka.

It will be interesting to see what kind of volume they get with their new Chicago based factory

#1563 3 years ago

LE cabinet is my favorite of the cabs.

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed. A little busy but fits the theme well. I see no reason to spend $3000 more to get the worst art and mostly cosmetic changes. I wonder if you can rig up your own soundbar on the LE.

Hey there, greetings from Kingwood, oh man have to disagree on the art though, it's subjective, but the use of the banned album character was genius, it was actually what I was hoping would be the LE art

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

CE's are sold out on the JJP website

To be honest, I'm shocked they sold out this quickly. I wonder if they actually sold 500 (or more with some falling through etc...) Did this happen with any of the previous CEs from JJP?

I ordered a CE direct from JJP yesterday around 2pm CDT ... I'm hoping not to have wait too long

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Its a good question i.e. can u connect your own bluetooth speaker system to the LE? it has BT right? Be nice if owners could buy their own BT sound bar...Totally disagree on the art package....CE is by far the best, but to each their own.

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone have a link to more gameplay?

Tomorrow night. Buffalo pinball livestream

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

To be honest, I'm shocked they sold out this quickly. I wonder if they actually sold 500 (or more with some falling through etc...) Did this happen with any of the previous CEs from JJP?
I ordered a CE direct from JJP yesterday around 2pm CDT ... I'm hoping not to have wait too long

Did you have to pay the full amount or just a deposit?

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just hope it comes before or after the snow hits, I never had to move a pin in the dead middle of Winter, that would suck.

Not sure where u live, but considering it snows there I wouldn't hold my breath.....when they say Nov/Dec they really mean Jan/Feb

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

For the CE, my distro wanted a $1k non-refundable deposit. I went LE however.

#1571 3 years ago

It is good to see that JJP went with a DI style game and not a TH style game. Many JJP fans seem to think 100 modes makes for a good game I would rather see 8 to 12 main modes with several secondary modes. The drumsticks symbols and guitars very cool. All the art except the map A+. The thing I like least is what many I am sure love and that is the lights are over the top and not in a good way but thats just me

EjmC_CxX0AEvWnV (resized).jpegEjmC_CxX0AEvWnV (resized).jpeg
#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don't need to pay $12,500 for a "complete" game.

Yeah, you do. The CE is the only version that has the physical COMA mechanism.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't been charged anything as of right now.

#1574 3 years ago

Looking for a CE.
Anyone know of a distributor that has one? PM me.
Thanks!

#1575 3 years ago

I like the LE - Bally Heavy Metal Meltdown 2.0!

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be honest, I don’t see much more in the JJP standard compared to a stern pro. I could be overlooking something, but it’s stripped down to the bones.

Hmmmm.

Lets see. Build quality to start.

200 RGB lights How many do most stern pros have? Hell How many do Stern LE's have? I know JP LE cant have too many.
27" LCD display
Jumbotron LCD Screen Stage with Stage Lighting effects
Axel sculpt is still there and is actually bigger then the ones on the LE/CE
HOT Rail lights are there. just not RGB. Stern LEs dont even have that.
Spinning disc
Slash hat Sculpt
2 Spinners
3 Flippers

If we were talking about stern that would be a loaded LE Stern. The SE Literally has more then my Avengers LE has in it.

#1577 3 years ago

Why is everyone a skeleton? Did the artist think this is heavy metal? Or is this related to something in their Not in This Lifetime tour?

Disclaimer: anything I know about GnR, I learned in the 80s...

#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Why is everyone a skeleton? Did the artist think this is heavy metal? Or is this related to something in their Not in This Lifetime tour?

To make it timeless.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Hmmmm.
Lets see. Build quality to start.
200 RGB lights How many do most stern pros have? Hell How many do Stern LE's have? I know JP LE cant have too many.
27" LCD display
Jumbotron LCD Screen Stage with Stage Lighting effects
Axel sculpt is still there and is actually bigger then the ones on the LE/CE
HOT Rail lights are there. just not RGB. Stern LEs dont even have that.
Spinning disc
Slash hat Sculpt
2 Spinners
3 Flippers
If we were talking about stern that would be a loaded LE Stern. The SE Literally has more then my Avengers LE has in it.

For what it's worth....real authenticated autogrpahs of Axel and Slash are worth a few hundred bucks each.

PS: don't use ebay for comparison because most of the autographs on ebay are fakes.

#1580 3 years ago

Does anyone know where the magnet is located on the game? Does the upper right flipper shot to the loop exit in the pops? I'm really looking forward to seeing a gameplay video to see if this game plays as good as it looks! From what I can see so far it looks like the first release from JJP that is a Grand Slam from the start! The only thing I'd question is why not make the CE's first? Seems like it would be smart to lock all of that money in right away vs. having to make them wait a few months.

#1581 3 years ago

Loved the reveal, and I really liked the SDTM video-great job!

Looks like a fun game to me and I can't wait to play it. Really dig the Live and let Die song(I am a huge 007 fan). I personally do not care for upper playfields(especially mini) which would make me choose the pro. I am not sure about the light show for long term enjoyment? I think it will be a real head turner for guest, but I already have issues with bright strobing lights while playing. Sometimes the blue flasher on my Batman DK leaves my eyes with flashing traces. I am hoping it has killer game play and code to match. I want to like JJP games but so far they are all over the top for me and too deep. I am a casual player and the only JJP that has captured me momentarily is Dialed In. Not a huge GNR fan but I can tolerate their music(listened back in the 90's-but not in the last decade). Overall I think JJP and Eric did a fantastic job and it should sell really well. I love the fact that they are trying to push the bar up but also trying to keep prices reasonable with offering a Pro model. I feel fortunate to have companies competing for our business and really breaking through with awesome innovations. Great job JJP!

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Looking for a CE.
Anyone know of a distributor that has one? PM me.
Thanks!

as of right now none of the distributors have allocation numbers, so it would be irresponsible for any of them to tell people they have a "secured" CE. hopefully we will get our numbers soon and then we can get an actual count on how many CE are left.

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know where the magnet is located on the game? Does the upper right flipper shot to the loop exit in the pops? I'm really looking forward to seeing a gameplay video to see if this game plays as good as it looks! From what I can see so far it looks like the first release from JJP that is a Grand Slam from the start! The only thing I'd question is why not make the CE's first? Seems like it would be smart to lock all of that money in right away vs. having to make them wait a few months.

I think, and this is just a guess there may be a magnet behind the AXL lanes at the top past the backstage pass

#1584 3 years ago

does the upper playfield drop the ball through one of the large holes to under the main playfield

3777869ebda89dcf56c9a691ca148c320db32a25.jpeg (resized).jpg3777869ebda89dcf56c9a691ca148c320db32a25.jpeg (resized).jpgd4a2f7f2686e7f6bcfd46369040cdcaf6d57fdb2 (resized).jpgd4a2f7f2686e7f6bcfd46369040cdcaf6d57fdb2 (resized).jpg
#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

The art from the tour (a lithograph from every show) depicted the band as skeletons. Different artists created these, but Arian Buhler is the best and did a lot of them. His lithos are featured on the LE and he did the CE artwork as well.

These are the lithos I have from the tour. The lithos are collected by a lot of people and some of them go for thousands of dollars.

0018AA18-C42E-4922-B399-D67AA58DF7C1 (resized).jpeg0018AA18-C42E-4922-B399-D67AA58DF7C1 (resized).jpeg2EA19CEA-3761-400D-BD50-E420B07A0463 (resized).jpeg2EA19CEA-3761-400D-BD50-E420B07A0463 (resized).jpeg3F26D1CB-C3F3-4496-A764-38512EE23BD0 (resized).jpeg3F26D1CB-C3F3-4496-A764-38512EE23BD0 (resized).jpeg4D67F4EF-294F-498F-83AB-AD4C021FF05C (resized).jpeg4D67F4EF-294F-498F-83AB-AD4C021FF05C (resized).jpeg76CF30E4-6F5A-41ED-B028-4741F8B2EFF2 (resized).jpeg76CF30E4-6F5A-41ED-B028-4741F8B2EFF2 (resized).jpegBED68B07-9ECC-42BF-B8E9-8BACBBE0BFF8 (resized).jpegBED68B07-9ECC-42BF-B8E9-8BACBBE0BFF8 (resized).jpeg
#1586 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think, and this is just a guess there may be a magnet behind the AXL lanes at the top past the backstage pass

This. It's above the X. Looks like it's for diverting balls into the pops and catching the ball for the extra ball animation.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

as of right now none of the distributors have allocation numbers, so it would be irresponsible for any of them to tell people they have a "secured" CE. hopefully we will get our numbers soon and then we can get an actual count on how many CE are left.

Plot twist

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

I wouldnt think so...

The only time that happens is when bands were screwed out of their master recording rights by the record label or the band cant agree on things.

They re-record the tunes so they can do whatever they want with them and make all the money in that case.

More common than you would think since record labels spent decades screwing bands over.. most bands just signed anything and didnt read it.

#1589 3 years ago

Wow. CE sold out day 1 amazing!!

#1590 3 years ago

I wonder if JJP is playing games with its distributors? It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't provide an allocation to their distributors (makes your job very difficult). My guess is they wanted to see how many direct sales they would get (more profit) prior to setting allocations.

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

LE cabinet is my favorite of the cabs.

Oh yes. By far. I'm surprised that this wasnt their ce art.

#1592 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I remember it differently. As I recall, Jack was a long time distributor for Stern and he wasn't happy as more and more features were being stripped from the games.
He believed people were willing to pay a premium price for a premium product, and started JJP with that model in mind. I think the introductory $6500 pre-order price for WOZ was about $2k higher than Stern at that time (Iron Man Pro).

The irony is the stripped down IM had such demand that it was brought back

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Not initially... everyone hated that game when it came out. Took some time for people to come around to how great it is.

I had one of the first ones and it was tough to sell when I wanted to sell it off... noone wanted it.

#1594 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Vaulted twice now.

#1595 3 years ago

How were the distros able to take deposits for CEs (and then say they are “sold out”) if they haven’t gotten allocation numbers yet? Could some CE preorders end up being cancelled?

#1596 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well.... could it have anything to do with the fact that it is 3000 and 6000 dollars cheaper, maybe?
The standard is pretty much location only at this point. I'd say if you plan to get this for your home it is le or bust.

It's fine for people on location as they will not know what has been pulled from the game

#1597 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Listen Stern is very smart when it comes to making money (I have a lot of respect for that), and I realize your not a fan of JJP games, but there is zero comparison to ALL of the Stern music pins. I've owned Met LE, AC/DC BIB, AC/DC Prem, and IMDN LE...all fun games, but the theme integration, is orders of magnitude more impressive on JJP's GNR. Now as far as game play goes time will tell as nobody has seen it yet, but my guess is its great due to the design team. Yes u pay a little more for JJP games, but u also get a lot more. Sterns JP2 could have been the GOAT if they actually had assets. Instead they made it into a cartoon dinosaur game, which I don't care for (just my personal pref).

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

How were the distros able to take deposits for CEs (and then say they are “sold out”) if they haven’t gotten allocation numbers yet? Could some CE preorders end up being cancelled?

I'm wondering if they had educated estimates based on their past JJP relationships and sales and were direct communicating their deposits and sales to JJP who, then compared inventory of direct sales and then issued cutoffs based on those firm orders of how many JJP could supply to them, versus distributors who had lists of potentials and still don't know how many they are getting. I don't know how all the behind the scenes stuff works...just a guess, but I'm guessing their is a some distributor hierarchy / seniority system in place ???

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

They had a small record back in the 80s, you probably never heard of it, called Appetite for Destruction. It's a little obscure, but clearly the artist really dug back into the vaults to find the skeleton theme.

71H9ZR6EGFL._SL1400_ (resized).jpg71H9ZR6EGFL._SL1400_ (resized).jpg

All snark aside, this is the best looking game JJP has made so far, to me. Really top notch presentation. A little hilarious that the main 'toy' is exactly the same as Avengers, pretty funny timing, but not Eric's fault. It's a record, it makes sense.

The Standard looks pretty meh, too stripped down, and the price jump for 'real' game is crazy town to me. But this is Pinside, so of course people are plopping down the cash without even seeing gameplay yet, let alone trying it themselves. Keefer on code, just oozing with love in the presentation, I doubt anyone will get burned by that honestly. But you'd never see me spending that kind of money without at least some real sessions with the flippers in my hand.

Regardless, whether it's a OMG TOP TEN game or not once you actually play it, this is clearly a winner just as far as putting together a hell of a package. I haven't been a GNR fan since I was like 13, but I had that AFD poster above on my wall as a kid, and this game does justice to how I think about the band.

It's about time JJP had a game with attitude!

#1600 3 years ago

Looks like JJP fixed the error with the SE -- no more ball lock listed: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also interesting that CoinTaker sent an email out to me this morning about the game -- and no mention of being able to pre-order the CE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/32?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.