pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 111.
#1501 3 years ago

I was just minding my own business patiently waiting for my Toy Story with little interest in a Guns and Roses pinball machine. I told myself we will let this one pass by and hopefully it will not be much longer for us to finally get Toy Story.

That idea went right out the window when I saw this release. Sold my kidney immediately just to secure the funds for my brand new CE.

JJP you have done an amazing job on this game! I hope this title launches your company to new heights and pushes others in the industry to follow your lead on innovation.

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The CE and LE should be the exact same game play. The fact that you have to buy the CE to get the whole game is quite LAME

Even though I think you have zero interest in ever buying a JJP game and are just trolling this thread I'll agree with the above statement.

For $9,500 the LE should come with the same hardware gameplay features as the CE. Personally I think it's ridiculous that on a $9500 pin there's a physical gameplay features reserved only for the CE. Neither JJP, or any pinball manufacturer, has done that with these crazy high end editions. $9500 is already an insane about to spend on a pin but its at least nice knowing you are not missing out on anything toy wise when spending that type of money. I still think GNR looks amazing but the decision to not include the physical Coma mech on the LE is disappointing.

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just so happens I got that topper for free

Well maybe you can get a gnr ce for free, so we can stop hearing your nonsensical bitching.

#1504 3 years ago

5000 LE games...maybe in for the third or fourth batch.
i was really disappointed about reliability of my previous Dialed in. so no hurry, There will be some for everyone...as long as you get the money of course.

can't get some closer pics of upper pf. can't see what to shoot for.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even though I think you have zero interest in ever buying a JJP game and are just trolling this thread I'll agree with this statement.
For $9,500 the LE should come with the same hardware gameplay features as the CE. Personally I think it's ridiculous that on a $9500 pin there's a physical gameplay features reserved only for the CE. Neither JJP, or any pinball manufacture, has done that with these crazy high end editions. $9500 is already an insane about to spend on a pin but its at least nice knowing you are not missing out on anything toy wise.

For what it’s worth I’ve owned all the JJP’s except Wonka. And I am slightly on the fence for a LE maybe early next year. MAYBE. I need to see what the missing feature really does to game play, a problem that really should not exist. We are in agreement there for sure.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well maybe you can get a gnr ce for free, so we can stop hearing your nonsensical bitching.

That would be cool by me!

#1507 3 years ago

Looks like these two need to connect

718D72FC-BF6F-4859-9DBC-5E3A965EAC07 (resized).jpeg718D72FC-BF6F-4859-9DBC-5E3A965EAC07 (resized).jpeg
#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even though I think you have zero interest in ever buying a JJP game and are just trolling this thread I'll agree with this statement.
For $9,500 the LE should come with the same hardware gameplay features as the CE. Personally I think it's ridiculous that on a $9500 pin there's a physical gameplay features reserved only for the CE. Neither JJP, or any pinball manufacture, has done that with these crazy high end editions. $9500 is already an insane about to spend on a pin but its at least nice knowing you are not missing out on anything toy wise.

Why is that statement only viable for the transition from le-ce but not from stnd-le?

Is there some magical number, where you should be guaranteed all mechs? what about an interactive topper like black knight? Does that constitute a mech, is it interactive enough?

Personally i agree that essential mechanism of the game, shouldn´t be limited numbers-wise, but at the same time, if you want more, shouldn´t you expect to pay more. (if this is an essential mech is questionable)

And in hindsight, previous JJP´s ce has been lackluster esp in regards to the extra amount they cost. This however, they will have no problem selling out and selling out fast.

The ce actuallt looks like a deal. What bugs me, is that the le side-artwork is bloody awesome.

#1509 3 years ago

the more i see of this pin, the more i want one. i am a light guy so of course i wanted the CE, but i just cant convince myself to cross the 10K line for a pinball machine, so for now the plan is probably an LE at some point, and THANK GOD for adult mode... its about time!!

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The CE and LE should be the exact same game play. The fact that you have to buy the CE to get the whole game is quite LAME

This is what Stern does as well. Unfortunately, it's just the way of the pinball world now. If you want one model/trim level when it comes to game features, Spooky is the way to go. Otherwise, bend over and grab your ankles.

#1511 3 years ago

It’s pretty cool that this concert simulator comes with a pinball game built into it.

#1512 3 years ago

It is interesting that this is the first game Automated Devices has charged shipping Wonka has no shipping cost. Automated Devices has always had free shipping to your door but not in the house http://pinballstore.tripod.com/guns-n-roses.html

#1513 3 years ago

Really looking forward to flipping this thing - looks like my local spot will have the LE tomorrow.
I'm really interested to see how the theme integration works on location...it'll be a balance between overpowering the entire place and making it too quiet to become immersed. But I guess that's the case with any music pin.

The amazing look and light show only go so far - it's all about how it feels. Shots look pretty accessible. If this game plays fast and fun, we'll really have to consider finding a way to bring one home.

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is what Stern does as well. Unfortunately, it's just the way of the pinball world now. If you want one model/trim level when it comes to game features, Spooky is the way to go. Otherwise, bend over and grab your ankles.

I cant think of a Stern where game play changed between a Premium, LE or SLE. Which Stern’s vary between those models?

#1515 3 years ago

Where is the Gun Shooter?

#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even though I think you have zero interest in ever buying a JJP game and are just trolling this thread I'll agree with the above statement.
For $9,500 the LE should come with the same hardware gameplay features as the CE. Personally I think it's ridiculous that on a $9500 pin there's a physical gameplay features reserved only for the CE. Neither JJP, or any pinball manufacturer, has done that with these crazy high end editions. $9500 is already an insane about to spend on a pin but its at least nice knowing you are not missing out on anything toy wise when spending that type of money. I still think GNR looks amazing but the decision to not include the physical Coma mech on the LE is disappointing.

What was it you said before - that JJP is the Ferrari of pins? I would think you would welcome those expensive, exclusive options because that's how JJP, Stern, and everyone else operates. If JJP gave you nothing substantial extra on the CE, why would you spend the extra $3000 for it? You spend more to get more. If you don't want to spend over $10000 for a pin then JJP has 2 options for you - SE and LE. You also have plenty of options with Stern and other competitors. If you want the Ferrari of pins, well you are going to pay.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Where is the Gun Shooter?

Thankfully gone, I don't care for those.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thankfully gone, I don't care for those.

CE get's that bottle opener looking skull instead. Way cooler than a gun handle.

#1519 3 years ago

I know we have the tophat, but I would like a Slash figure like this one in here.

D9A38C81-044A-47D9-A0EE-6C0170B08AA0 (resized).jpegD9A38C81-044A-47D9-A0EE-6C0170B08AA0 (resized).jpeg
#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I cant think of a Stern where game play changed between a Premium, LE or SLE. Which Stern’s vary between those models?

I can't think of many that DON'T.

Jurassic Park's raptor lock & trapping balls in T-Rex Mouth dramatically changes the way modes work
Black Knight's upper playfield
Avenger's loopy shot and subway lock

I'm not sure why I'm feeding the troll.

#1521 3 years ago

CE's are sold out on the JJP website

#1522 3 years ago

Was on the fence of ordering a machine, but could not decide between the LE and CE
In the end I choose to not buy any of them, as the LE is a gimped version when it comes to gameplay and the CE did not offer enough for me to justifiy the +3k $$$

#1523 3 years ago

Very interested to see how the upper playfield plays.

Most are pretty boring.

If each shot has amazing sounds and light, then it will be fun.

#1524 3 years ago

So we put "guitar hero" into pinball and charged 12.5k for it....what the heck is going on here JJP? Too much open playfield in the middle, did not need a map of the world on the playfield. Slash's hat could have been a much cooler toy/mod other than a stupid spinner. I am hoping gameplay reviews change my mind because the art is so badass on this game and mod developers can have so much fun with this game.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Jurassic Park's raptor lock & trapping balls in T-Rex Mouth dramatically changes the way modes work

Those are differences between the pro and premium. Not the premium and LE.

#1526 3 years ago

Both Stern and JJP have been charging more for a little extra game. Stern has been adding exclusive modes that are only available if you pay big $ for a topper. JJP only has the extra physical ball lock on the CE model.
I don’t like it in either case but it is what it is.
I’ve had to focus on the game without that “extra” and determine if it’s still good value for the price.
It’s that easy.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just so happens I got that topper for free

So that means you are a fraud or a liar.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/topper-dlc-stern-s-new-low?tu=WackyBrakke

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

So we put "guitar hero" into pinball and charged 12.5k for it....what the heck is going on here JJP? Too much open playfield in the middle, did not need a map of the world on the playfield. Slash's hat could have been a much cooler toy/mod other than a stupid spinner. I am hoping gameplay reviews change my mind because the art is so badass on this game and mod developers can have so much fun with this game.

Too much no to compute.

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I’m not talking about Pro’s. Yes all the Pro’s are missing game features. I compare the Standard GNR to a Pro and thats fine. I’m talking about having to buy the very top end game to get the whole game. All Stern Premium’s are the complete game. Sure blinged out LE’s and SLE’s exist BUT you can get a Premium and get the WHOLE game.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

CE's are sold out on the JJP website

good for jack and the boys! Great job!!!!

#1531 3 years ago

Nope. At that time I had placed an order for one. Canceled that when a free one fell into my lap.

#1532 3 years ago

How much does jjp charge for shipping?

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m not talking about Pro’s. Yes all the Pro’s are missing game features. I compare the Standard GNR to a Pro and thats fine. I’m talking about having to buy the very top end game to get the whole game. All Stern Premium’s are the complete game. Sure blinged out LE’s and SLE’s exist BUT you can get a Premium and get the WHOLE game.

You're arguing semantics now. You can call the different levels of trim whatever you want; they're still coming with added features. It's the idea of having different gameplay levels for higher cost that I'm talking about.

But you knew that.

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're arguing semantics now. You can call the different levels of trim whatever you want; they're still coming with added features. It's the idea of having different gameplay levels for higher cost that I'm talking about.
But you knew that.

That’s the exact same thing I am talking about!

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think JJP finally listened and it's why they will have a chance of actually selling out of the CE's eventually.

Need some differentiation when you pay an extra $3k. And i LOVE it!

Some people will complain no matter what.

You have a choice Panzer, pick one of the 3.

#1536 3 years ago

I wonder how bright the CE external light shows will be. They could be great, or be so intense that playing a different game next to it or in the same small room would be distracting.

#1537 3 years ago

I haven’t seen many targets or drops in the game. Maybe they are just tucked in the back and I’m just blinded by the light show?

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think JJP finally listened and it's why they will have a chance of actually selling out of the CE's eventually.
Need some differentiation when you pay an extra $3k. And i LOVE it!
Some people will complain no matter what.
You have a choice Panzer, pick one of the 3.

Sounds like the all the CE’s are spoken for at this point, I’m sure some will come available as people cancel or allotments shift.

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sounds like the all the CE’s are spoken for at this point, I’m sure some will come available as people cancel or allotments shift.

Just goes to show you Concrete, create a unique experience like this one and the FOMO catches fire quickly!

That said, it's a long ways away from dropping a $1k deposit to shelling out $12.5k.

I'm hoping we don't have a bunch of "flippers" thinking they are getting the next POTCCE because they aren't. But i'm sure a big number of the pre sales are those people like Kaneda grabbing 4 of them.

I'm sure the distributors are trying to lock up as many as they can get their hands on.

Hope you are doing well Concrete, take care!

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nope. At that time I had placed an order for one. Canceled that when a free one fell into my lap.

Wow that is amazing. What are the odds?

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wouldn't make that claim unless you called all 30-35 JJP distributors and verified it. Those are just the ones stateside not including international.

#1542 3 years ago

Is Jack even involved anymore? Im surprised we havent seen anything from him. (or maybe I missed it).

#1543 3 years ago

GnR is just not my thing, but as a band/concert themed pin this does look amazing. I really like the look of the pin (LE is my favorite), the integration of the band elements (guitar heads, drumsticks & cymbals, etc.), and the lightshow is like being at a concert in person.

As far as the costs go the LE/CE is more than I'm willing to pay, but as far as I can tell the market place seems to be eating these up so the price is set where it should be. We can't all afford mansions, sports cards, etc., but as long as there are enough people that can and there is demand then manufactures will continue to cater to these groups with high-end exclusive products.

For those complaining about nothing new in this pin, each new release doesn't need to have some earth shattering technology in it that nobody else has ever done before. For me, the number one attraction in a pin is overall theme integration. Again, I'm no GnR fan, but I would say upon first impressions this pin executes on a theme like nothing that has ever come before it. This should make the GnR/pinball community ecstatic, and I would assume this will be a very popular pin because of it.

#1544 3 years ago

Has anyone heard the production schedule, I have a CE reserved but I haven’t been told if they are still being produced last. If that’s the case I may go to an LE as I prefer that art package and I can add most of the extra features I wanted from the CE.

#1545 3 years ago

Cartwheel time for Jack again!

cartwheel_time.gifcartwheel_time.gif
#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Has anyone heard the production schedule, I have a CE reserved but I haven’t been told if they are still being produced last. If that’s the case I may go to an LE as I prefer that art package and I can add most of the extra features I wanted from the CE.

I heard the factory is 24/7 open to fulfill demand.

#1547 3 years ago

Well... thats a joke.
But this game makes shure JJP games have a healthy future.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This argument is futile. So JJP has another feature in the game for the CE. This is good news! Makes the game more desirable at that trim level.

Stop comparing Stern to JJP. Just because Stern does it, doesn't mean that is the only.

I bet these CEs sell fast because it is different enough from the LE.

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

Link to podcast please

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those complaining about nothing new in this pin...

Classic pinside: "Where is the innovation?!?"...company shows innovation: "That innovation sucks, just make a pinball machine we're already familiar with!".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/31?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.