pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 111.
#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Also, I remember when JJP wanted to start making pinball machines- for the good of the hobby! To make the best, fully optioned games with lots of toys and creativity/innovation! All at a reasonable price to the end consumer!

I remember it differently. As I recall, Jack was a long time distributor for Stern and he wasn't happy as more and more features were being stripped from the games.
He believed people were willing to pay a premium price for a premium product, and started JJP with that model in mind. I think the introductory $6500 pre-order price for WOZ was about $2k higher than Stern at that time (Iron Man Pro).

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

It’s one of the “key posts” in this thread.

thanks

....knocking on heavens door

#1453 3 years ago

how many threads are there on this game?

#1454 3 years ago

See what happens when JJP finally announce a title aimed at grown men.

#1455 3 years ago

I didn't understand why JJP would make another GNR pin with all the other possibilities. After seeing the reveal it makes more sense. What a difference having Slash super passionate about the project and the entire band involved. Looking forward to seeing more gameplay.

#1456 3 years ago

Wow...it looks incredible. Great integration of the theme. I can’t wait to play it.

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

sorry, must have been already said but which songs are in the game? thanks

Full song list with which ones are only available in adult mode (and 1 more that is locked that must be earned):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/65#post-5888757

#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Full song list with which ones are only available in adult mode (and 1 more that is locked that must be earned):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/65#post-5888757

do you know how it work? you can select a song, or a song is refered to a mode...thanks

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how many threads are there on this game?

1 for every LE.

#1461 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My guess is Coma is the locked song.

Edit just saw it’s already there

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

My guess is Coma is the locked song.
Edit just saw it’s already there

let me guess Slash you’re in for a CE?

#1463 3 years ago

In case you haven’t watched this.....

The more i see of this game the more I like.

This is the benchmark Rock pin. Regardless of whether you’re a huge GNR fan or not, this is how you make a Rock and Roll pin. If you don’t like this game, you don’t like Rock music or you don’t like pinball.

Honestly, every music themed game from now on is going to be a letdown. This is the full stop in music pins.

#1464 3 years ago

I think JJP still has some learning to do with their pro/standard models. Sterns are getting better but this one is missing way too much. Put a simple ramp leading to the bass with nothing but the head and the strings and I think they sell two to three times as many.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think the only light difference between LE and CE are the lights under the cabinet and behind the backbox.

And the topper. Recommend you download the GnR_Flyers_AllGames.pdf file that compares all the features. RGB individually controlled RGB LED count is personally misleading to me. 350+ on LE, and 600 on CE. When you consider the led light strips on the the cabinet and backbox, that would explain the difference. Once my LE arrive, will install poor man's light strips and have over 1000 leds.

Right now, I do not see any major difference with the LED count on the LE/CE playfield.

#1466 3 years ago

The ce playfield has a stunning, really nice glitter/sparkle print on the playfield which is the best playfield art concept I have seen so far. Same for the radcals with the mirror finish. Only these two things would make the ce worth it!

Regards,
Mirco

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I remember it differently. As I recall, Jack was a long time distributor for Stern and he wasn't happy as more and more features were being stripped from the games.
He believed people were willing to pay a premium price for a premium product, and started JJP with that model in mind. I think the introductory $6500 pre-order price for WOZ was about $2k higher than Stern at that time (Iron Man Pro).

During that same time i bought my first pin. A LOTRLE on closeout from Automated for $5,200 to hold me over during the Woz wait.

JJP started the pre paid deposit model. $6500 was considered ferrari pricing back then

Hard to believe where pinball has come in the last decade. Whatever the outcome, JJP is responsible for "innovation" with Woz and pushing Stern into a much better place today from a viability, advancement with the LCD and competitive standpoint.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

The ce playfield has a stunning, really nice glitter/sparkle print on the playfield which is the best playfield art concept I have seen so far. Same for the radcals with the mirror finish. Only these two things would make the ce worth it!
Regards,
Mirco

I love radcals so much. Can't wait to see them mirrored!

#1469 3 years ago

If we buy LE, I assume we can still order JJP topper?

#1470 3 years ago

FCK!
I was not in on this game at all, saw the video reveal and said ... eh...
Now I just emailed a distributor about a CE

Not a huge GNR fan... but I do love music pins .. theme integration is awesome

I know if will be a fun pin, don't really need to see gameplay
Still worried about PF and game quality though

#1471 3 years ago

Anyone know if we can get radcals on the LE?

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

If we buy LE, I assume we can still order JJP topper?

No topper is exclusive. Not sure if jjp will sell another GnR topper like the LE topper for Wonka.

I personally think the topper is redundant when the same logo. I like the flames though.

#1473 3 years ago

I have been looking forward to this pin being announced for quite some time and will admit that I'm not impressed...especially with the standard model. I'm not willing to pay $9500 (plus shipping?) for an LE and the standard looks significantly stripped compared to other models. I'll definitely reserve full judgment until tomorrow's buffalo stream, but I was really hoping for some innovative mechs like on pirates. I mean the standard doesn't even have a physical ball lock? I appreciate JJP trying to compete with Stern and others on pure price, but I feel like they should have focused more time on playfield toys and less on the number and style of lights. I really want to love this pin, but even the ramps are kinda boring from a ball path perspective...especially the standard.

Most folks on this thread that are praising the game aren't referencing the standard model and I just didn't expect this much to be stripped from it based on previous games they've made.

#1474 3 years ago

The CE comes with the option of paying an extra $1000 to have Jack and Slash fly out to your house and help you unbox, level and play-test your new game.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

The CE comes with the option of paying an extra $1000 to have Jack and Slash fly out to your house and help you unbox, level and play-test your new game.

That particular option would probably be over $20k.

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have been looking forward to this pin being announced for quite some time and will admit that I'm not impressed...especially with the standard model. I'm not willing to pay $9500 (plus shipping?) for an LE and the standard looks significantly stripped compared to other models.

Well.... could it have anything to do with the fact that it is 3000 and 6000 dollars cheaper, maybe?

The standard is pretty much location only at this point. I'd say if you plan to get this for your home it is le or bust.

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I don't get the complaining or suprise on pricing. JJP has been selling a WOZ and Wonka for 12.5 and I'm thinking we should be glad its not more with what's in this game as a comparison. A SE for 6750 is super competitive with Stern, American hot Wheels, ect.We need to get some flips in to see the real value and it's sad to think games need to cost 12.5 so pinball companies can do what they need to do(Make a profit and stay in business).I would like to CE and the LE have the same playfield experience and the CE can have the topper and a extra cosmic perks but again Stern is selling us a 9200 game and then 600$ toppers and yes it's not 12.5 but Stern is hitting up pretty good also if we want all the toys.
That said this game looks AWESOME and having Slash so involved is going to make it even better.Im thinking this is going to br a lot more than a bands music playing over a mode and the game integration is going to be unique.Im thinking it's going to be the best value game on the market for 6750, and for those with the cash well worth the 12.5.

Not at all surprised there is a 12.5k CE. What is pissing people off it to get the whole complete game you have to buy the 12.5k CE. Really lame IMO and I will be voting with my wallet.

#1478 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not at all surprised there is a 12.5k CE. What is pissing people off it to get the whole complete game you have to buy the 12.5k CE. Really lame IMO and I will be voting with my wallet.

You don't need to pay $12,500 for a "complete" game.

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So you're in on CE, awesome! Me too!

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah better a cheapass full game then an uncomplete game!

So, how's that Astro Shooter?

vintage-tomy-astro-shooter-tabletop-pinball-machine-working-boxed-1 (resized).jpgvintage-tomy-astro-shooter-tabletop-pinball-machine-working-boxed-1 (resized).jpg
#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Sympathy for the devil? Extremely unlikely. That cover is widely known as the “if you want to hear a band breaking up, listen to that song” Song.

Pretty weird choice of words for them to use on the rule sheet then. It’s not like GnR is widely
known for that cover.

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well.... could it have anything to do with the fact that it is 3000 and 6000 dollars cheaper, maybe?
The standard is pretty much location only at this point. I'd say if you plan to get this for your home it is le or bust.

You never know about the standard edition, it could be great and it’s an attractive price.

I think a lot of folks here are big time into the super upper levels but a lot of time I find almost as much enjoyment on the pros.

I could get a GnR standard plus a SW pro comic edition for the price of a GNR CE. That’s a good value. Just depends on if it plays ok.

#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why is it so lame? It's not like they waited months after release then surprised existing owners with the knowledge. It's one physical ball lock, and the LE has the same mode as the CE. Yes, the CE is a very expensive toy. Vote with your wallet and go away if you don't like it. Posting about it over and over again is pointless.

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Pretty weird choice of words for them to use on the rule sheet then. It’s not like GnR is widely
known for that cover.

Quick change it to ‘knocking on heavens door.’ For the love of god.

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That particular option would probably be over $20k.

$20,000 Down payment for a total of just $100,000 probably

#1486 3 years ago

I have a stern army pinsider pm my inbox telling me JJP has same playfield issues as Stern still. Honest question did Wonka have any playfield issues?

#1487 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I have s stern army pinsider pm my inbox telling me JJP has same playfield issues as Stern still. Honest question did Wonka have any playfield issues?

They did initially, and then they were corrected (at least that is the way I understand it).

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I have a stern army pinsider pm my inbox telling me JJP has same playfield issues as Stern still. Honest question did Wonka have any playfield issues?

First-run Wonka did, Wonka CEs did not. It was fixed somewhere in the October 2019 timeframe AFAIK.

#1489 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

First-run Wonka did, Wonka CEs did not. It was fixed somewhere in the October 2019 timeframe AFAIK.

Thanks sir

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I´m a bit confused aren´t you the guy who the moment it was realised, bought a bitch uggly topper for 600dollars, that had a mode that made the game say baaaaaah?

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'll definitely reserve full judgment until tomorrow's buffalo stream, but I was really hoping for some innovative mechs like on pirates. I mean the standard doesn't even have a physical ball lock? I appreciate JJP trying to compete with Stern and others on pure price, but I feel like they should have focused more time on playfield toys and less on the number and style of lights. I really want to love this pin, but even the ramps are kinda boring from a ball path perspective...especially the standard.

I agree with this sentiment. I still want to love this pin, but I feel like it's missing an interactive toy or mech of some kind, even a simple bash toy.

I mean, I'd literally have taken just about anything over the spinning record 'toy.' It's a recycled mech which I've never loved in a game. It's tolerable, but just not what I was hoping for in terms on THE most interactive toy in the game. Everyone is going to be hitting that scoop and that spinning record over and over, and it just doesn't appear to be a kinetically pleasing game at first glance. We may all change our tune (hehe) when we start shooting it, but for now it's an easy pass for me, especially with 5000 LE's being made.

#1492 3 years ago

Wow! the Standard is bare and looking sad in comparison to the Limited edition.Maybe they should have called the standard the Roadies and Fans edition.And the Limited the Bands edition.

#1493 3 years ago

Looks awesome, but I would've preferred if they'd gone for AFD/UYI era GN'R. I get more of a GN'R vibe from the old DE version, although I'm sure it can't hold a candle to this one from a quality perspective. Regardless of the amount of assets and the involvement of the band, this feels more like a generic Guitar Hero pin. Well, you can't have everything. Looking forward to the gameplay stream to make up my mind.

#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I´m a bit confused aren´t you the guy who the moment it was realised, bought a bitch uggly topper for 600dollars, that had a mode that made the game say baaaaaah?

yep - any one that bought that Jurassic Park topper doesn't deserve to speak, well period but for this purpose - the ability to put down JJP b/c they don't have a ball lock in the LE.

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

The COMA lock is more than just a ball lock.

It just ads choreography per Keith.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

all 3 games actually include the Coma rule; the Coma lockup is a choreography device that exists only on the CE.

#1496 3 years ago

Wow! This Grateful Dead pin looks bad-ass!

#1497 3 years ago

Game looks neat, but I hope they tone down the seizure-ness of the light shows a little. The one white flashing one is... intense....

#1498 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just so happens I got that topper for free

#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Lol, people and their motives are so transparent. Continually saying you need $12.5k to “play the full game” is ridiculously stupid

#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Why is it so lame? It's not like they waited months after release then surprised existing owners with the knowledge. It's one physical ball lock, and the LE has the same mode as the CE. Yes, the CE is a very expensive toy. Vote with your wallet and go away if you don't like it. Posting about it over and over again is pointless.

The CE and LE should be the exact same game play. The fact that you have to buy the CE to get the whole game is quite LAME

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/30?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.