pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 111.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes the one with almost no JP content...other than Nedry. Didn't really bother me personally.
I was talking aboot licensed content, and you seem to be talking about playfield item/ mechs etc

Yeah but the discussion point was about paid DLC for a game... You said it'd be ok on a game like GNR, which is already loaded with stuff and justifies its pricetag. So I pointed out JP3 was loaded for its price (pro and premium at least), and people still got bent out of shape about its topper DLC...despite it being loaded with stuff already.

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I never said I didn't like the game. I just dislike the band. I'm asking a pinsider why he/she/they think it is the greatest machine of all time. That's a big claim. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else likes the game. In fact, I'd rather all of you buy one so they keep making great games. I've purchased a NIB JJP machine and will likely purchase more.

Greatest game of all time is a big stretch....we haven't even seen the game play so who the hell knows. What I do know is the theme integration is off the charts so much so that theres probably not a close second. The lighting package on the CE is pretty innovative especially when you include the side rails that now include RGB lighting, and interact with game play (I believe Eric said their under patent pending). The fact that they included a topper with a sound bar is pretty innovative (not sure anyone has ever done that before). Apparently the topper also includes 30 RGB lights that also interact with game play and songs. Are there toys that are innovative...not really, but I'm not really sure that matters? The play field looks pretty loaded to me....I'm really looking forward to seeing how it shoots. Eric says its a fast flow type of game (which POTC is not) so hopefully that rings true.....time will tell

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

have not played RM nor understand to mass appeal but no game made so far by Spooky is close to $12k

I have one if you would like to come play it and find out in person.
Mines fully loaded with butter cabinet and did not cost anywhere near 12k.
Think it was under 9k actually ($8800 if I remember correctly).

I think it’s a fabulous game.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

So, the rumor was 22 songs in the game. The list that’s posted by JJP has 21 listed.
However, I just noticed this at the bottom of the rules when I zoomed in:
Any takers that the cover of Sympathy For The Devil is the big wizard mode song??? That would be amazing.
[quoted image]

Sympathy for the devil? Extremely unlikely. That cover is widely known as the “if you want to hear a band breaking up, listen to that song” Song.

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Ok but first I'm playin' that Diamond Lady.

Lol, I’m in.
Best 2 out of 3 on Diamond Lady?

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I have one if you would like to come play it and find out in person.
Mines fully loaded with butter cabinet and did not cost anywhere near 12k.
Think it was under 9k actually ($8800 if I remember correctly).
I think it’s a fabulous game.

Cool thanks very much, I know I will enjoy one or your many games over RM but never enjoyed a spooky game from game play so far out of all the ones made

#1407 3 years ago

The COMA lock is more than just a ball lock. It appears to be a WOZ SOTR type mini game with a unique Multiball mode at the end. Radcals, later etched side rails, kick ass skull and rose shooter rod, glitter in the paint. 12,500 is a lot of money for a game. But this game seems special...Then throw in the bands signatures and a descent topper? I will buy a CE and it will make my RR WOZ collect dust. I’m hoping there is a audio output jack of some sort because I am picturing two stage monitors on either side of this game tilted inward toward my head. Fantastic job JJP team on the reveal too the SDTM video is awesome I watched the first part 5 times already. Take my money now

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Sympathy for the devil? Extremely unlikely. That cover is widely known as the “if you want to hear a band breaking up, listen to that song” Song.

It could be Knockin on Heaven's door.

Although it's a cover, they made the song their own, and it's a been a staple of their shows forever. It's their biggest song not to make the pin so far.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

The COMA lock is more than just a ball lock. It appears to be a WOZ SOTR type mini game with a unique Multiball mode at the end. Radcals, later etched side rails, kick ass skull and rose shooter rod, glitter in the paint. 12,500 is a lot of money for a game. But this game seems special...Then throw in the bands signatures and a descent topper? I will buy a CE and it will make my RR WOZ collect dust. I’m hoping there is a audio output jack of some sort because I am picturing two stage monitors on either side of this game tilted inward toward my head. Fantastic job JJP team on the reveal too the SDTM video is awesome I watched the first part 5 times already. Take my money now

To clarify the fake news on the COMA lock.....it is no more than a physical lock. LE gets the same rules and gameplay out of it, just no physical lock on the apron.

#1410 3 years ago

Man the SE looks really nerfed. This sucks for the rest of us that can only afford “pro” and sometimes premium priced games. $9K will never be in my budget for me and a lot of people in the hobby.

Didn’t pirates retain the upper playfield with the SE? Or am I mistaken?

I wasn’t expecting them to pull this much out of the SE. That’s usually a stern move...

#1411 3 years ago

Cool thanks very much, I know I will enjoy one or your many games over RM but never enjoyed a spooky game from game play so far out of all the ones made

Well, let me know. I think you will find it quite different than anything else they have made to date.

And now back to JJP GNR.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

... the SE? Or am I mistaken?

Yes I believe this is the first time they've done Stern tiers.
But the standard price dropped

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To clarify the fake news on the COMA lock.....it is no more than a physical lock. LE gets the same rules and gameplay out of it, just no physical lock on the apron.

That’s still a first for JJP as far as I know. Typically JJP’s CE’s have all the same physical game features as the LE.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm in on an LE, but no immediate plans to mod it--looking pretty solid from the factory, and unless something can be tastefully added and look factory without blocking anything important, I won't bother.
I could see mirror blades looking good on the LE with the killer lightshow.

This. Black mirror blades might be in order, and I'll be replacing the red legs/armor for black, but no dolls or Hallmark ornaments required.

#1415 3 years ago

have not played RM nor understand to mass appeal but no game made so far by Spooky is close to $12k

Don’t underestimate Rick and Morty fans. Check out the mile long line next time the Rickmobile merch truck comes through your town. It’s a site to behold. I’ve waited all day in that shit for exclusive items from the show. Worth it!

#1416 3 years ago

So is there more toys or speciality items in new GNR then Maiden Stern or is it all just shots, or does Metallica have more toys still for a music pin, just curious.

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I believe this is the first time they've done Stern tiers.
But the standard price dropped

Thanks for the clarification. Played JJP games on location plenty but never paid much attention to pricing or buying one until now since their past themes did absolutely nothing for me. I’ll just have to wait and see a stream of the SE otherwise I’ll grab Avengers premium.

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

This. Black mirror blades might be in order, and I'll be replacing the red legs/armor for black, but no dolls or Hallmark ornaments required.

You're crazy man. Crazy....lol. Removing the red armor to go with standard black? To each their own, but I think that brick red is pretty sweet. But hey, it's all about personalizing our machines to make them special to us, right?

#1419 3 years ago

So is there more toys or speciality items in new GNR then Maiden Stern or is it all just shots, or does Metallica have more toys still for a music pin, just curious.

Looks like Metallica has more physical toys for sure. This one has a major advantage on theme integration, lighting, and code by the looks of it.

#1420 3 years ago

This looks a lot like Wonka to me with gameplay based on shots, flow, and ramps. No bash toy as far as I can see but I’m sure the code absolutely integrates code and modes up the wazoo! Very interested to see how much the spinning record thing plays a part in the game as that is a main center shot

#1421 3 years ago

Does the spinning turntable not count as a bash toy?

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

This looks a lot like Wonka to me with gameplay based on shots, flow, and ramps. No bash toy as far as I can see but I’m sure the code absolutely integrates code and modes up the wazoo! Very interested to see how much the spinning record thing plays a part in the game as that is a main center shot

I believe I heard in the video that the spinning record adds time to the song. May do more, but I remember that.

#1423 3 years ago

I said I wanted the SE to a distributor today for my location. Excited to finally have a JJP game at a price point I’m comfortable with that seemed to still feature most things based on JJPs description on their website stating it had the upper playfield and 6-ball lock. It was also in email from distributor that it was included. Now looking at everything it seems like that it sure as hell doesn’t yet it remains on the JJP website. Well fuck. What to do now....

5E28D580-6FA5-4A72-877A-95773AAD2101 (resized).jpeg5E28D580-6FA5-4A72-877A-95773AAD2101 (resized).jpeg74F9ECC2-9BBD-4D4E-A3ED-1B57456DC6AB (resized).jpeg74F9ECC2-9BBD-4D4E-A3ED-1B57456DC6AB (resized).jpeg
#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does the spinning turntable not count as a bash toy?

Believe so.
I also think spinning turntables must be a new requirement in all machines starting 2020.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Believe so.
I also think spinning turntables must be a new requirement in all machines starting 2020.

True, I heard CGC was coming out with a Planets/Zodiac remake next!

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Believe so.
I also think spinning turntables must be required in all machines starting 2020.

That’s because 2020 has made us all dizzy.

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I said I wanted the SE to a distributor today for my location. Excited to finally have a JJP game at a price point I’m comfortable with that seemed to still feature most things based on JJPs description on their website stating it had the upper playfield and 6-ball lock. It was also in email from distributor that it was included. Now looking at everything it seems like that it sure as hell doesn’t yet it remains on the JJP website. Well fuck. What to do now....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bummer. It shows only 3 flippers on that breakdown opposed to 4 flippers so who knows what to think of it.

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That sucks. The SE is definitely missing the 6 ball lock.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That's a really shitty oversight on an otherwise excellent launch

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think it just doesn’t have the Gibson guitar stock .

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Be great if they added a subwoofer hook up, I lean towards the Ce for the addtional sound quality.But I am sure the L.e with a remote sub would kick ass.

If it has Bluetooth, you could hook it up to most modern sound systems, no?

I’d rather the game hook up to my sound system, which is light years better than any speakers they include In the game and I could theoretically use one system for all my games.

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Exactly what I'm doing - mirror blades ALL day on this one. PF art is already crazy enough - side art would be overkill. Mirrors is just going to accent that killer light show.

Wear sunblock

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

I wasn’t expecting them to pull this much out of the SE. That’s usually a stern move...

My guess was that the feedback for the wonka se was "better price .. but still priced too high."

The market has shown that it is perfectly ok with cut down features on the playfield in exchange for a cheaper priced machine.

#1434 3 years ago

Speaking of the light show, there are around 400 leds more on the CE than on the SE, since I assume they didn't drill 400 more holes in the playfield, where do all these lights go ?
Also the COMA outlane ball save is listed only on the CE on JJP website, but some distributors have it in the feature list of both LE and CE. It's confusing

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

My guess was that the feedback for the wonka se was "better price .. but still priced too high."
The market has shown that it is perfectly ok with cut down features on the playfield in exchange for a cheaper priced machine.

Thats it. The market demanded a Cheaper price but as it turns out them "Meant" without giving anything up. Kind of like Black Knight with No second playfield which turned out rather fun even better.

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Speaking of the light show, there are around 400 leds more on the CE than on the SE, since I assume they didn't drill 400 more holes in the playfield, where do all these lights go ?
Also the COMA outlane ball save is listed only on the CE on JJP website, but some distributors have it in the feature list of both LE and CE. It's confusing

This has been covered a few times. I believe its actually 200 lights and for the most part those are the hundreds of lights on the Undercabinet lights and Back of the backbox lights. Looks good but does not change game play from LE to CE.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They did a bad job explaining it.

The physical mech is CE only. It is a virtual software feature on SE/LE

#1438 3 years ago

This game looks insane.

#1439 3 years ago

I wish the best to JJP.
Very few pic and vids right now but looks amazing.

However, the current period is economically difficult ( not to say catastrophic) for every body. We are only talking about lay-off in France! I think it is reason why JJP stripped down their standard model (3 flippers instead of 4 for le/ce and more stuff less) to be more affordable..and also strategically interesting for jjp that operators could buy their games.

Gnr sounds like a marketing turn for jjp

#1440 3 years ago

Can someone explain the special individual light
Effect on the inserts of the CE compared to Le game ?

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Can someone explain the special individual light
Effect on the inserts of the CE compared to Le game ?

I think the only light difference between LE and CE are the lights under the cabinet and behind the backbox.

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think the only light difference between LE and CE are the lights under the cabinet and behind the backbox.

Cool , thanks for clarifying Pascal

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Not trying to bash, just observations.
GNR approached JJP about making the machine, and I would assume this would mean the license would be cheaper since JJP was, in a sense, commissioned to make the pin. I don't see any of these savings passed on, or at least it does not appear they have.
Also, I remember when JJP wanted to start making pinball machines- for the good of the hobby! To make the best, fully optioned games with lots of toys and creativity/innovation! All at a reasonable price to the end consumer!
What we are getting now? Wonka and now GNR have zero "innovation" (unique mechanical toys or something new/advanced to the hobby) all while pricing themselves like they do if the machines had what JJP initially promised. If this title was loaded out with cool toys that blew our mind, I would say many more of us would be willing to shell out the $9500. I don't consider cool art and theme integration as anything more than what SHOULD be normal in our hobby right now. I won't get into code, that's a whole different thing for a different topic.
Now do I want a GNR LE? Hell yeah. But man that $9500 plus shipping (and possibly tax) is a huge kick in the gut. While I've bought many pinballs over the years, I am not an LE or exotic pinball guy because I have a tight budget (but lucky enough to be able to buy Pro and sometimes Premium Sterns ($7300-ish), for example.
So like many, I'm waiting this one out.
And I'm not being sarcastic when I say "good job JJP" on this pin! I just think the pricing could have been better.

You see then but hear them. You have 21 Full songs instead of... what does Stern usually have? 8?

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

CE has an apron ball lock

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

CE has an apron ball lock

Yes but his question was about the light

#1446 3 years ago

I thought the ce had exclusive city lights under the pf, or is that for all models?

#1447 3 years ago

Are we still counting down to Monday?

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought the ce had exclusive city lights under the pf, or is that for all models?

All

#1449 3 years ago

sorry, must have been already said but which songs are in the game? thanks

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

sorry, must have been already said but which songs are in the game? thanks

It’s one of the “key posts” in this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 210.00
8,400 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/29?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.