pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 111.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It's eye candy to the max for sure! Waiting to see how it plays. I can tell you right now I don't like that Left Ramp....looks like the same shit angle as the right ramp on Wonka and if you don't make it up.....SDTM it goes! Adding all the lights to this game tells me they are using flash to cover up the short comings of the game in the hopes that people overlook it because of the light show.

Instead of your hunch I go with the light show being an actual part of the theme integration, resembling a live concert, till I‘ve played it.

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Man the look of this pin is killer! Also awesome that JJP received the amount of assets. I was more excited for Toy Story but no way Disney will let JJP have as many assets without charging tons of money.

Disney let Stern use a lot of three of the original SW movies (over 400 film clips for SW)?

Just because JJP didn't get the assets for PotC doesn't mean you can't get them from Disney.

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I went through a distributor and put $1000 down. Not sure about JJP

I think so...my distributor in MN wants full payment as well and my assumption is that they order then from JJP. They said they are the only one that does it this way I guess?

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Party at Dave's house on Wednesday !
LTG : )

You know my door is always open LTG!

#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Except the crack is cheap

yep, $1000 worth of crack goes a long way

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Disney let Stern use all three of the original SW movies (350 film clips for SW)?
Just because JJP didn't get the assets for PotC doesn't mean you can't get them from Disney.

You‘re not allowed to argue since you‘re the only person that likes that game!

But srsly, when I got my Pro I wished they would have gotten (or to be more specific PAID for) less and put some mechs in the game instead.

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My .02 so far:
9 ball paths on the main playfield. Layout doesn't blow me away, but it looks fun. Basically just about everything else seems off the charts.
1: Shot under the upper flipper
2. Right orbit
3. Right ramp
4. Extra ball shot through the pops
5. Scoop
6. Middle spinner/loop to pops
7. Ramp or inner orbit (not sure what it does) shot from upper flipper
8. Left ramp
9. Left orbit
- light show should be the best of all time
- love the moving spotlights
- happy the band did callouts
- thrilled with theme integration in general and the assets they have
- art looks great
- 21 songs is awesome
- I like what I'm hearing about song jackpot risk/reward
- all the non mechanical "toys" are cool... the guitar pick spinners, drum sticks, tophat, axl on top of the skulls, amps, hi hat, cymbals
- the light rails looks awesome
I'm not sure how fun the upper playfield stuff will be, but it looks cool and is great theme integration.

There is a jump ramp so maybe that's one the shots from upper flipper

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Disney let Stern use all three of the original SW movies (350 film clips for SW)?

It is also probably likely cheaper seeing it is animated. No actor likenesses you'd have to pay for i'd guess.

Thought it was interesting how the diverter drops through the ramp.
2020-10-06 12_29_57-New Guns N Roses (resized).png2020-10-06 12_29_57-New Guns N Roses (resized).png

#1359 3 years ago

I gotta say they did a great job on the art. The lighting looks amazing and I love the idea of basing to off of the concert tour. the switches under the inserts are cool as hell. I am not a NIB person but I would say this is tempting.

The SE looks like it is missing too much. I am not a fan of JJP going the route of the "pro" type of model with less features.

#1360 3 years ago

So, the rumor was 22 songs in the game. The list that’s posted by JJP has 21 listed.

However, I just noticed this at the bottom of the rules when I zoomed in:

Any takers that the cover of Sympathy For The Devil is the big wizard mode song??? That would be amazing.

3277F429-D3F8-429B-A740-40A2E7222004 (resized).png3277F429-D3F8-429B-A740-40A2E7222004 (resized).png
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There is a jump ramp so maybe that's one the shots from upper flipper

That's what I'm thinking...I guess it could be on one of the orbits, but I bet it's there on that shot from the 3rd flipper

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

So, the rumor was 22 songs in the game. The list that’s posted by JJP has 21 listed.
However, I just noticed this at the bottom of the rules when I zoomed in:
Any takers that the cover of Sympathy For The Devil is the big wizard mode song??? That would be amazing.
[quoted image]

Good catch...I would say that's a safe bet considering that screen grab

#1363 3 years ago

This accomplishment by JJP is really a celebration of American Manufacturing. A cutting-edge success story in the midst of chaos.
Very rare nowdays.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I shouldn't, but I'll bite on your logic challenge. To you, it appears to be "the greatest game ever made." The examples you used to support this claim (see your post for the original order and styling) were "incredible use of engineering and technology."
Hell, here it is to save you some trouble:
"Looks like the greatest game ever made, just incredible use of engineering and technology. A new highpoint for pinball on every level."
You're telling me that this game is the best game in pinball history, but your supporting examples are somehow not the best, even with grammatical fragment attached with a comma? "Greatest game ever made, just incredible use of..." ???
Well-defended, my friend... Well defended.
ANYWHO... I'm still waiting... And I'll even rephrase it to make it easier for you: I'm seriously curious, why do you see this as the greatest game above every single machine produced in the history of pinball? And if you'd be so kind, could you also explain how the engineering and technology is "a new high point"? You used "on every level," so this one will be tough to evade...

Nothing I said was incorrect and all of it was my opinion. Go bully someone else.

#1365 3 years ago

Looks like I can land a GnR LE here in NZ cheaper than a Stern LE from our Distributor

#1366 3 years ago

Anyone else think there will be more songs released at some point for this pin? (like Metallica had)

I don't want to get into a DLC debate about whether or not it should happen...I just think it will. There is a new song Guns has called "Hardschool", that Guns N Roses nerds (like me) know about. It's a bootleg and it's awesome. I would love for that to make it on the game at some point.

Here are the songs I wish the game had:

- Don't Damn Me
- Get in the Ring
- 14 years
- Back off Bitch
- The Breakdown
- Locomotive
- There was a Time
- IRS

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I don't want to get into a DLC debate about whether or not it should happen...I just think it will.

It wouldn't cause a stink with a game like this, because you're getting so much up ffront. If you get a machine with a lot less songs, and missing some big ones is what you need to look out for

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Anyone else think there will be more songs released at some point for this pin? (like Metallica had)
I don't want to get into a DLC debate about whether or not it should happen...I just think it will. There is a new song Guns has called "Hardschool", that Guns N Roses nerds (like me) know about. It's a bootleg and it's awesome. I would love for that to make it on the game at some point.
- Don't Damn Me
- Get in the Ring
- 14 years
- Back off Bitch
- The Breakdown
- Locomotive
- There was a Time
- IRS

If its not an official song that the band approves of and wants out (like a bootleg) why would they ever include it in the future?
Imagine this, they've already said officially no to the song. Slashes game autoupdates, he plays and finds it on there. "wtf guys?"

However as a game play element it might be cool to integrate into a hidden hard to get to backstage mode. "Get backstage, steal the demo cd's" sort of thing. Songs that you get from it are random/unlisted.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

- Don't Damn Me
- Get in the Ring
- 14 years
- Back off Bitch
- The Breakdown
- Locomotive
- There was a Time
- IRS

I think it's more than just a song too. The SDTM vid mentions that each song has it's own rules. So what that means is a guess. Different shots, different LCD scoring, synced lightshow...could be done, would be great to see it implemented

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

If its not an official song that the band approves of and wants out (like a bootleg) why would they ever include it in the future?
Imagine this, they've already said officially no to the song. Slashes game autoupdates, he plays and finds it on there. "wtf guys?"
However as a game play element it might be cool to integrate into a hidden hard to get to backstage mode. "Get backstage, steal the demo cd's" sort of thing. Songs that you get from it are random/unlisted.

I thought there was a good chance we'd have a new Guns song on the pin considering the precedent of "Ain't Going Down" on the Data East pin.

Turns out we did get some new tunes in the form of tracks from Slash...just not new full band songs.

Hardschool is a song that will likely be an official song on the long rumored new album, but with Guns n Roses no one has a clue when/if a new album will ever happen.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It wouldn't cause a stink with a game like this, because you're getting so much up ffront. If you get a machine with a lot less songs, and missing some big ones is what you need to look out for

There's a ton of content in Jurassic Park but the masses were still livid at that topper DLC.

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think it's more than just a song too. The SDTM vid mentions that each song has it's own rules. So what that means is a guess. Different shots, different LCD scoring, synced lightshow...could be done, would be great to see it implemented

not when adult mode (off by default removes an big chuck of them) also may need to more bugs due to less testing.

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There's a ton of content in Jurassic Park....

That is not really the way anyone has described JP2...in fact it's kind of the opposite.

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is not really the way anyone has described JP2...in fact it's kind of the opposite.

And yet it's still described as one of the best pins ever, despite no original content.

I'm in agreement.

#1375 3 years ago

Not trying to bash, just observations.

GNR approached JJP about making the machine, and I would assume this would mean the license would be cheaper since JJP was, in a sense, commissioned to make the pin. I don't see any of these savings passed on, or at least it does not appear they have.

Also, I remember when JJP wanted to start making pinball machines- for the good of the hobby! To make the best, fully optioned games with lots of toys and creativity/innovation! All at a reasonable price to the end consumer!

What we are getting now? Wonka and now GNR have zero "innovation" (unique mechanical toys or something new/advanced to the hobby) all while pricing themselves like they do if the machines had what JJP initially promised. If this title was loaded out with cool toys that blew our mind, I would say many more of us would be willing to shell out the $9500. I don't consider cool art and theme integration as anything more than what SHOULD be normal in our hobby right now. I won't get into code, that's a whole different thing for a different topic.

Now do I want a GNR LE? Hell yeah. But man that $9500 plus shipping (and possibly tax) is a huge kick in the gut. While I've bought many pinballs over the years, I am not an LE or exotic pinball guy because I have a tight budget (but lucky enough to be able to buy Pro and sometimes Premium Sterns ($7300-ish), for example.

So like many, I'm waiting this one out.

And I'm not being sarcastic when I say "good job JJP" on this pin! I just think the pricing could have been better.

#1376 3 years ago

Is there even any room on the playfield for mods? Seems packed.

Thinking apron button mod for LEs would be a good start. Rose for plunger on LE would work. side blade art. But don't see any room on the playfield to add a mod. Interesting to see what will come out.

Just looked at the playfield again. Small Marshall Amp on top of the backstage plexi box by the bumpers needs to be made. It would look so sweet there, but small enough to not obstruct view of LCD screen behind it.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

GNR approached JJP about making the machine, and I would assume this would mean the license would be cheaper since JJP was, in a sense, commissioned to make the pin. I don't see any of these savings passed on, or at least it does not appear they have.
Also, I remember when JJP wanted to start making pinball machines- for the good of the hobby! To make the best, fully optioned games with lots of toys and creativity/innovation! All at a reasonable price to the end consumer!
What we are getting now? Wonka and now GNR have zero "innovation" (unique mechanical toys or something new/advanced to the hobby) all while pricing themselves like they do if the machines had what JJP initially promised. If this title was loaded out with cool toys that blew our mind, I would say many more of us would be willing to shell out the $9500. I don't consider cool art and theme integration as anything more than what SHOULD be normal in our hobby right now. I won't get into code, that's a whole different thing for a different topic.
Now do I want a GNR LE? Hell yeah. But man that $9500 plus shipping (and possibly tax) is a huge kick in the gut. While I've bought many pinballs over the years, I am not an LE or exotic pinball guy because I have a tight budget (but lucky enough to be able to buy Pro and sometimes Premium Sterns ($7300-ish), for example.
And I'm not being sarcastic when I say "good job JJP" on this pin! I just think the pricing could have been better.

Some good points here. I have my GnR fanboy blinders on but when I take them off, this is another pin taking the direction of the wonka approach vs loading the shit of the game with crazy toys and true innovation like woz or pirates. I think GnR def offers much more than wonka though (with amazing light integration, etc) but is still a step behind pirates especially from a toys perspective.

Here's the key point though. The JJP that brought us WoZ and Pirates - that old school blow this shit out and wow them with crazy mechs.....that JJP went bankrupt.

This newer JJP still wants to do that but also make money. I've learned to still appreciate that b/c I rather have JJP then no JJP.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Thinking apron button mod for LEs would be a good start. Rose for plunger on LE would work. side blade art. But don't see any room on the playfield to add a mod. Interesting to see what will come out.

A factory loaded pinball machine and no need to buy mods. Gee what a bummer. Thanks alot JJP.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Geez. Then I'm glad I only read pinside around new game launches. That game is loaded with stuff to do. I know some people complained that the jeep isn't a Jeep™ but its loaded mechanically and software wise.

We are talking about Elwin's JP right? Which is JP3

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I think we get it, you don't like GnR and you're not impressed. If I were you, I'd probably give up on trying to convince people that something that is purely subjective could be wrong.

I never said I didn't like the game. I just dislike the band. I'm asking a pinsider why he/she/they think it is the greatest machine of all time. That's a big claim. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else likes the game. In fact, I'd rather all of you buy one so they keep making great games. I've purchased a NIB JJP machine and will likely purchase more.

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He said they use masters so studio versions not rerecorded.

The JJP Promo ad actually says "Studio Masters"

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

A factory loaded pinball machine and no need to buy mods. Thanks alot JJP.

I just like to personalize my machines, add a little something. But true, it is awesome you don't need to add anything. Even pinstadiums are not necessary.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I agree with you, prices are too damn high, but JJP is not the only manufacturer to charge this kind of money. Stern LE's are 9K or so....RM Bloodsucker edition was around 12k. they're pretty bare compared to this game. Innovation doesn't have to be reinventing pinball, there are some cool things in the game, the concert lights, the full RGB lighting, the armor, the soundbar, upper pf, guitar neck ball lock, loads of songs and other assets. It's not cheap but it's not stripped down either. Let's just hope it's shoots like it looks.

#1384 3 years ago

Looks like a fun one and maybe faster JJP pin to play which I like, only dislikes is the map of continents which I would have preferred artwork and use the continent map in the backglass display as animation, just too much odd space not worth seeing on the playfield. Also, not sure but any big toys in this one or lacking as usually all JJP pins have them.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I agree with you, prices are too damn high, but JJP is not the only manufacturer to charge this kind of money. Stern LE's are 9K or so....RM Bloodsucker edition was around 12k. they're pretty bare compared to this game. Innovation doesn't have to be reinventing pinball, there are some cool things in the game, the concert lights, the full RGB lighting, the armor, the soundbar, upper pf, guitar neck ball lock, loads of songs and other assets. It's not cheap but it's not stripped down either. Let's just hope it's shoots like it looks.

RM blood sucker fools for buying any game buy Spooky no where close or worth that price for what’s in their games.

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I never said I didn't like the game. I just dislike the band. I'm asking a pinsider why he/she/they think it is the greatest machine of all time. That's a big claim. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else likes the game. In fact, I'd rather all of you buy one so they keep making great games. I've purchased a NIB JJP machine and will likely purchase more.

Because with every reveal there is someone who always says that. It will happen again in the next reveal. Nothing new. I cant blame people for being excited though. Really looks like a true rock theme pinball. Cant wait to play it.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Just looked at the playfield again. Small Marshall Amp on top of the backstage plexi box by the bumpers needs to be made. It would look so sweet there, but small enough to not obstruct view of LCD screen behind it.

I'm in on an LE, but no immediate plans to mod it--looking pretty solid from the factory, and unless something can be tastefully added and look factory without blocking anything important, I won't bother.

I could see mirror blades looking good on the LE with the killer lightshow.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The JJP Promo ad actually says "Studio Masters"

Studio masters are key if this really is going to be the Guitar Hero of pins. Because if they have access to tracks, then they can have the different instruments drop in and out based on what shots you're hitting. Which could be a really neat way to do a music pin.

It's the ultimate rock and roll concert pinball experience with the concert stage mech and the band just happens to be GnR. I'm not a fan, but it's not the worst dad rock music. Especially if they do have the ability to get creative with the music, video, and lightshow integration.

And again guys, IT HAS LITTLE CYMBALS ON THE POPS. So cute (◠﹏◠) What more do you people need?

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Because with every reveal there is someone who always says that. It will happen again in the next reveal. Nothing new. I cant blame people for being excited though. Really looks like a true rock theme pinball. Cant wait to play it.

I’ll call you when it arrives.
You can help me set it up.

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm in on an LE, but no immediate plans to mod it--looking pretty solid from the factory, and unless something can be tastefully added and look factory without blocking anything important, I won't bother.

Glad you’re getting one.
Seeing you post that put a smile on my face.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

We are talking about Elwin's JP right? Which is JP3

Yes the one with almost no JP content...other than Nedry. Didn't really bother me personally.

I was talking aboot licensed content, and you seem to be talking about playfield item/ mechs etc

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure it is, every one who comes to my arcade any plays it loves it. Its probably the best modern pinball machine for the price. Massive rule sheet, tones of modes.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

RM blood sucker fools for buying any game buy Spooky no where close or worth that price for what’s in their games.

Killer layout, high replay value with endless content from the show and all around awesome theme integration are what make that pin great. Just because its not a toy overload, doesnt mean its not a good pinball machine.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’ll call you when it arrives.
You can help me set it up.

Ok but first I'm playin' that Diamond Lady.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Maybe for a collector but for an operator its all about IP and that's one game I wish had. It needed a bigger run so I could have bought one for our arcade.

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Exactly what I'm doing - mirror blades ALL day on this one. PF art is already crazy enough - side art would be overkill. Mirrors is just going to accent that killer light show.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Killer layout, high replay value with endless content from the show and all around awesome theme integration are what make that pin great. Just because its not a toy overload, doesnt mean its not a good pinball machine.

have not played RM nor understand to mass appeal but no game made so far by Spooky is close to $12k

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Unless you get the unofficial update!

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Unless you get the unofficial update!

Correct; That puts a ton in.

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Exactly what I'm doing - mirror blades ALL day on this one. PF art is already crazy enough - side art would be overkill. Mirrors is just going to accent that killer light show.

Actually I think it’ll be overkill WITH mirrors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/28?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.