pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 111.
#1301 3 years ago

Didn't you Say you're outta this Thread like three times allready?

#1302 3 years ago

Anyone selling the CE to Texas without tax. Even without it will be the most I've ever spent on a pinball machine.

#1303 3 years ago

I know how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:

Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.

Total cost: $19.95

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Didn't you Say you're outta this Thread like three times allready?

Yes!

#1305 3 years ago

Fact I didn't know until now

The record cover that is on the in game spinning record will be random. Meaning I can buy an LE and it could have the Chinese democracy art on the record while another LE could have AFD.

Man I hope I get one that isn't Chinese democracy!

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The record cover that is on the in game spinning record will be random. Meaning I can buy an LE and it could have the Chinese democracy art on the record while another LE could have AFD.

Whoa I didn't know that either. Now we gotta buy multiple copies!

#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Does JJP charge you the full amount upon purchasing the CE?

I went through a distributor and put $1000 down. Not sure about JJP

#1308 3 years ago

Looks like the greatest game ever made, just incredible use of engineering and technology. A new highpoint for pinball on every level.

That being said, the rules seem so deep it'll take a math wizard 3 hours to complete. Gameplay will mean everything. If you're constantly trying to achieve 50 different things, will it be fun?

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not sure you did get this right.

Literally.I might have understood this wrong, but I just thought it's about the notes it plays while spinning, changing every game.

#1310 3 years ago

I can't buy anything for 3-6 months for a variety of reasons, then I'll probably be able to purchase 2-3 pins.

I feel like I'm in a great position.

CE looks total dope but is too expensive for me.

LE would be great and like it's been said...they'll be around forever with up to 5,000 limit. Maybe SE? Wait to see how they shoot; and reviews, over time...Put GnR SE next to Led Zep pro?! For the price of a CE?

Then AIQ? JP2? EHOH? Or something else not yet released?

LOL...I'm loving NOT being able to buy anything right now...pinball is just gettin' better and better with these new releases...

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Looks like the greatest game ever made, just incredible use of engineering and technology. A new highpoint for pinball on every level.
That being said, the rules seem so deep it'll take a math wizard 3 hours to complete. Gameplay will mean everything. If you're constantly trying to achieve 50 different things, will it be fun?

I'm seriously curious: how does this game display the greatest engineering and technology in all of pinball?

#1312 3 years ago

GNR is straight Fire!!

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm not sure you did get this right.
Literally.I might have understood this wrong, but I just thought it's about the notes it plays while spinning, changing every game.

Check the middle of the record toy. There is a small picture of the record cover art. That pic varies from machine to machine. It could be AFD, CD, etc

#1314 3 years ago

Does anyone know how many different versions of the Collector's Edition they are going to release?

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Does anyone know how many different versions of the Collector's Edition they are going to release?

No one will know that for years. If this sells really well, Jack will milk it like WOZ and Hobbit. If you wait, you might get a lock of Slash's hair stapled onto his top hat and some sparkles. You heard it here first, from K-man!

#1316 3 years ago

Slash hair stapled to the top would be better than the Stern toppers.

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do you know its this sound bar? Did they say that somewhere?

The JJP CE flyer says its 60 watts. This one is technically louder.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Check the middle of the record toy. There is a small picture of the record cover art. That pic varies from machine to machine. It could be AFD, CD, etc

Is the record a decal or could it be a hologram allowing the art to change?

#1319 3 years ago

I’ve got issues. On the same day my Avengers LE was delivered, I watched this new GNR game video and before I knew it my fingers were typing in my credit card number on the JJP site. Lord help me, but I guess it’s better than a crack habit.

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Definitely in the Top 5 JJP Games.
Solidly in there.

I think its the best JJP so far.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I know how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:
Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.
Total cost: $19.95

Ok, the game looks great but that’s funny.

#1322 3 years ago

Will be interesting to see the SE gameplay as there seems to be a lot of vacant realestate up the top left of the play field. I gotta say though that I am thinking the SE might be the way to go. All the mini play fields might make the game slow and clunky.

#1323 3 years ago

When is the love stream tonight

#1324 3 years ago

I meant live stream

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Whoa I didn't know that either. Now we gotta buy multiple copies!

You gotta collect 22 CE’s to have a “complete collection”

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Wednesday. Buffalo pinball.

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wednesday. Buffalo pinball.

Gotta wait 2 days??? Bugger

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

That's on a different channel

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm seriously curious: how does this game display the greatest engineering and technology in all of pinball?

Because I never said that. I said "incredible use of engineering and technology".

But, because of those things it looks like the greatest game ever made. In this new Golden Age, this is the high point. The only question mark is whether it will be so complicated that people only see the first 10% of the game and have no idea how they got there.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve got issues. On the same day my Avengers LE was delivered, I watched this new GNR game video and before I knew it my fingers were typing in my credit card number on the JJP site. Lord help me, but I guess it’s better than a crack habit.

Lol. Same position I am in. Avengers arrived this morning at 9:30am and my Awesome distributor said GnRLE comes Wednesday lol. Good thing there is One last spot on the end of the line for it.

IMG_5839 (resized).jpgIMG_5839 (resized).jpg
#1331 3 years ago

First impressions

Pros:
Light show...is there a better pin with better light show? Total rock n roll concert under the glass.
Toy..the figures in the game look super great quality. In comparisson, TMNT glider looks like someone 3D printed it in their basement. These figure look amazing
Artwork..Top notch. At first I loved the SE artwork, but upon closer inspection the translite on the SE artwork bothers me slightly. Nothing for me to worry about since I won't get the SE. Love the LE and CE artwork. Fantastic job. Glad they went illustrations instead of images/photoshop.
Music...obviously amazing.
Creativity: drum sticks, guitar string wireforms, symbols on the bumbers, LCD stage, guitar head ball lock, guitar pick spinner. Great creativity and surprised this is the first music pin with these ideas. Way to go design team!
Topper...Has a speaker...NICE!

Cons:
Artwork...one knock...as a GnR fan, especially the AFD album, I didn't like seeing the modified cross on the side of the CE cabinet. Glad I'm not getting the CE because that would bother me so much. The LE cabinet is where its at for me. Also red over purple for me as well so LE was an easy choice for me.
New band members: Maybe I was just being hopeful, but I wanted Izzy and Adler in the pin, the original GnR, and not the "new line up", but I understand it, and respect it. But what happens if Izzy and Adler rejoin the band, then the pin isn't as timeless as it should of been. Should of not focused so much of the gameplay on the new members. I'm sure when people think of GnR they don't think of Melissa and Ferrer. But it is what it is
No bash toy: This game need just one thing and that's a bash toy. Could of been as easy as adding a Marshall amp to be hit. Or remove spinning disc, and put another mech there, or magnetic disc would be better. Who knows, I'm not a fan of any kind of spinning disc in pinball. Personal preference.
Topper..I had high hopes for a topper on this game. Think Monster Bash, Marshall amp stacks should of been the topper with speakers built into it. Flames are overdone and cheesy. Simple Marshall amp stacked two on each side as the topper with their GnR pinball logo in the middle would make me want a CE. Glad they didn't go that route, otherwise I'd be spending more money.

Lastly, a couple people told me a certain podcaster nailed it, I don't know, I don't personally listen to, or hear the podcast myself. I'll take their word that he nailed it, and want to congratulate him, Kaneda. Take this as an olive branch to him. Wish him a lot of success in the podcast world and I apologize for criticizing him in the past.

#1332 3 years ago

Camera used to take selfies with slash on high score screen and puts you in jumbo tron during concerts

#1333 3 years ago

200 LEDs are outside the game on CE... All controllable per Eric so that is the majority of difference between ce and le

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

and my Awesome distributor said GnRLE comes Wednesday lol. Good thing there is One last spot on the end of the line for it.

Party at Dave's house on Wednesday !

LTG : )

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I guess it’s better than a crack habit

Except the crack is cheap

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Because I never said that. I said "incredible use of engineering and technology".
But, because of those things it looks like the greatest game ever made. In this new Golden Age, this is the high point. The only question mark is whether it will be so complicated that people only see the first 10% of the game and have no idea how they got there.

I shouldn't, but I'll bite on your logic challenge. To you, it appears to be "the greatest game ever made." The examples you used to support this claim (see your post for the original order and styling) were "incredible use of engineering and technology."

Hell, here it is to save you some trouble:

"Looks like the greatest game ever made, just incredible use of engineering and technology. A new highpoint for pinball on every level."

You're telling me that this game is the best game in pinball history, but your supporting examples are somehow not the best, even with grammatical fragment attached with a comma? "Greatest game ever made, just incredible use of..." ???

Well-defended, my friend... Well defended.

ANYWHO... I'm still waiting... And I'll even rephrase it to make it easier for you: I'm seriously curious, why do you see this as the greatest game above every single machine produced in the history of pinball? And if you'd be so kind, could you also explain how the engineering and technology is "a new high point"? You used "on every level," so this one will be tough to evade...

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Party at Dave's house on Wednesday !
LTG : )

Bring the monkey!

#1338 3 years ago

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

200 LEDs are outside the game on CE... All controllable per Eric so that is the majority of difference between ce and le

I thought it was 150?

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Lastly, a couple people told me a certain podcaster nailed it, I don't know, I don't personally listen to, or hear the podcast myself. I'll take their word that he nailed it, and want to congratulate him, Kaneda. Take this as an olive branch to him. Wish him a lot of success in the podcast world and I apologize for criticizing him in the past.

Priceless: Kaneda apologizing to....Kaneda...

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

He said they use masters so studio versions not rerecorded.

#1342 3 years ago

I'm srsly bummed because Beatles WAS my dream music pin and now compare what Stern did with that compared with THIS.

(And no, not saying Beatles isn't fun.)

I love everything about this GnR game except GnR and yet I still want an LE looking at this! XD

#1343 3 years ago

I don't get the complaining or suprise on pricing. JJP has been selling a WOZ and Wonka for 12.5 and I'm thinking we should be glad its not more with what's in this game as a comparison. A SE for 6750 is super competitive with Stern, American hot Wheels, ect.We need to get some flips in to see the real value and it's sad to think games need to cost 12.5 so pinball companies can do what they need to do(Make a profit and stay in business).I would like to CE and the LE have the same playfield experience and the CE can have the topper and a extra cosmic perks but again Stern is selling us a 9200 game and then 600$ toppers and yes it's not 12.5 but Stern is hitting up pretty good also if we want all the toys.
That said this game looks AWESOME and having Slash so involved is going to make it even better.Im thinking this is going to br a lot more than a bands music playing over a mode and the game integration is going to be unique.Im thinking it's going to be the best value game on the market for 6750, and for those with the cash well worth the 12.5.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I shouldn't, but I'll bite on your logic challenge. To you, it appears to be "the greatest game ever made." The examples you used to support this claim (see your post for the original order and styling) were "incredible use of engineering and technology."
Hell, here it is to save you some trouble:
"Looks like the greatest game ever made, just incredible use of engineering and technology. A new highpoint for pinball on every level."
You're telling me that this game is the best game in pinball history, but your supporting examples are somehow not the best, even with grammatical fragment attached with a comma? "Greatest game ever made, just incredible use of..." ???
Well-defended, my friend... Well defended.
ANYWHO... I'm still waiting... And I'll even rephrase it to make it easier for you: I'm seriously curious, why do you see this as the greatest game above every single machine produced in the history of pinball? And if you'd be so kind, could you also explain how the engineering and technology is "a new high point"? You used "on every level," so this one will be tough to evade...

I think we get it, you don't like GnR and you're not impressed. If I were you, I'd probably give up on trying to convince people that something that is purely subjective could be wrong.

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He said they use masters so studio versions not rerecorded.

Understood that to mean, masters of concert recorded songs, not originally recorded masters/songs. Would make sense, as the original recordings would have a great deal of record label red tape that would prohibit 21 songs in full being used in the machine. Record labels would not go for that, judging by the past, since they own the original recorded music from the 80s.

Bands are free to use their own music recorded during concerts or re-recorded sessions. Those masters are free to use.

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I think he meant that the original recordings are in there in full, but they also got Slash to record specific pinball sounds/music for particular pinball events, like draining/switch hits/wizard modes etc. Best of both worlds. The music integration in this game sounds inclredible - it'll be the benchmark for sure.

#1347 3 years ago

It's eye candy to the max for sure! Waiting to see how it plays. I can tell you right now I don't like that Left Ramp....looks like the same shit angle as the right ramp on Wonka and if you don't make it up.....SDTM it goes! Adding all the lights to this game tells me they are using flash to cover up the short comings of the game in the hopes that people overlook it because of the light show.

#1348 3 years ago

Man the look of this pin is killer! Also awesome that JJP received the amount of assets. I was more excited for Toy Story but no way Disney will let JJP have as many assets without charging tons of money.

#1349 3 years ago

My .02 so far:

9 ball paths on the main playfield. Layout doesn't blow me away, but it looks fun. Basically just about everything else seems off the charts.

1: Shot under the upper flipper
2. Right orbit
3. Right ramp
4. Extra ball shot through the pops
5. Scoop
6. Middle spinner/loop to pops
7. Ramp or inner orbit (not sure what it does) shot from upper flipper
8. Left ramp
9. Left orbit

- light show should be the best of all time
- love the moving spotlights
- happy the band did callouts
- thrilled with theme integration in general and the assets they have
- art looks great
- 21 songs is awesome
- I like what I'm hearing about song jackpot risk/reward
- all the non mechanical "toys" are cool... the guitar pick spinners, drum sticks, tophat, axl on top of the skulls, amps, hi hat, cymbals
- the light rails looks awesome
- wifi updates...about time this happened

I'm not sure how fun the upper playfield stuff will be, but it looks cool and is great theme integration.

#1350 3 years ago

One big reason I may not get the CE is having paid 8500 for AFMR LE and 8500 for WoZ RR (w/RadCals was huo) but those games are so good that may not see another $4000 for the GNR CE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/27?hl=scott8806 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.