pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 111.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's a little hard to keep up with this thread, but all 3 games actually include the Coma rule; the Coma lockup is a choreography device that exists only on the CE.
As far as rules, I think the only thing that is really missing on any model is the Power Chord rule on the SE because there's simply no way to make it happen as intended without a lockup. The other stuff on the upper playfield (Duff, Lights, and virtual locks) are simply awarded off the left ramp.

Thank. I almost had a heart attack thinking that cool mode was only on the CE.

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Honestly, I don't get it. Why is everyone so excited about this? I agree that it is cool to have the guitar heads and drumsticks in the game, that's a cool idea. But how in the hell is that worth $9K+? Or $12K+ for the full game? The base version is like $6500 without that interesting stuff. This has a orbits, a couple ramps, a side ramp, a scoop, (and an upper playfield for $3K more), so the shot layout isn't blowing anyone away. Other than theme, what makes anyone more excited for this than TMNT or Avengers? Especially when you have to pay thousands more for this. Nothing I've seen of the gameplay seems unique or interesting. Really, I was super underwhelmed by this, but the majority of you seem to love it. Why?

I am not a music pin or GNR fan but the theme integration will probably be considered the best in the LCD era, right up there with Batman 66. The “live concert under glass” theme/gameplay is brilliant. I’m not sure the lack of toys/shots will draw non-GNR fans to the game often, but for GNR loving home buyers this seems like an easy decision for theme integration alone.

#1253 3 years ago

I don’t like that the game play is different on all 3. I respected JJP when they stood firm that all versions of the game would be the complete game. Now all 3 are different. Even Stern is pushing their luck with toppers with additional modes. Kinda getting tired of it all. I just want a complete game. If you want to bling out a fancy version for more $ fine, but I want a complete game for a fair price. 9500 and 12500 (really the 12.5k is the complete game) is just getting out of hand. I’m still in with a Stern Premium at 7.395k but no way am I paying 12.5k just to get a complete game. I’ll just hard pass on the whole game.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I respected JJP when they stood firm that all versions of the game would be the complete game. Now all 3 are different.

INNOVATION!!!

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I don’t like that the game play is different on all 3. I respected JJP when they stood firm that all versions of the game would be the complete game. Now all 3 are different. Even Stern is pushing their luck with toppers with additional modes. Kinda getting tired of it all. I just want a complete game. If you want to bling out a fancy version for more $ fine, but I want a complete game for a fair price. 9500 and 12500 (really the 12.5k is the complete game) is just getting out of hand. I’m still in with a Stern Premium at 7.395k but no way am I paying 12.5k just to get a complete game. I’ll just hard pass on the whole game.

For me, the extras don't really matter after a while. We have a few high end games, but the two that I play the most are KISS and GB pro.

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I think JJP has finally realized they need to make money so they are moving towards the Stern model .... yea its not ideal that the models play differently, but it makes sense to me

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Honestly, I don't get it. Why is everyone so excited about this? I agree that it is cool to have the guitar heads and drumsticks in the game, that's a cool idea. But how in the hell is that worth $9K+? Or $12K+ for the full game? The base version is like $6500 without that interesting stuff. This has a orbits, a couple ramps, a side ramp, a scoop, (and an upper playfield for $3K more), so the shot layout isn't blowing anyone away. Other than theme, what makes anyone more excited for this than TMNT or Avengers? Especially when you have to pay thousands more for this. Nothing I've seen of the gameplay seems unique or interesting. Really, I was super underwhelmed by this, but the majority of you seem to love it. Why?

Maybe has to do with light shows. I have Woz, TNA, DI, ST some do it better then others. I agree it’s not worth another $3-6000 just for the lights whatnot but there are incremental additions like topper, RadCals etc. some people would pay $600 for RadCals, $500 for topper, different art too can be worth something. I would’ve payed an extra $400 if could have got SW comic pro art on the premium.

Lots of things invisible glass, shaker, etc. I’d get them too if has a standard edition so bake that into the price difference.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think JJP has finally realized they need to make money so they are moving towards the Stern model .... yea its not ideal that the models play differently, but it makes sense to me

It might make sense on paper. Guess we’ll see how many actually sell. I’m sure more than just me feel the same way. I’m not paying 12.5k for a complete game. Just too many other compelling options out there for a lot less money. Stern has been dropping a ton of hot games, which i can almost get 2 complete games for the price of one complete JJP.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

There’s another new music pin available if you don’t like GNR, unfortunately it’s priced higher than a GNR Standard
66ABD79B-FFF6-4AEB-8713-761E7459DC0F (resized).jpeg66ABD79B-FFF6-4AEB-8713-761E7459DC0F (resized).jpeg

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

JJP doesn't release as many games as Stern so you can use the time to earn more money!

#1261 3 years ago

Omg, Stern trying to crash JJP’s GNR reveal party with.......Heavy Metal?!?!? You’ve got to be joking.

8609F861-C029-47CC-BA35-A43D55B09583 (resized).png8609F861-C029-47CC-BA35-A43D55B09583 (resized).png
#1262 3 years ago

Remember when Tron LE was 5k? Now it's 12.5k for a complete game. I'm out. I can afford it, but.. I'm out. Just because I have money doesn't mean I'm stupid. I have other things I can spend on. I'm actually surprised JJP didn't make some effort to reduce prices. I don't know about pins, but car sales are currently at their lowest level since 1999 (in the UK), so you'd expect some deals.

I also don't know if gameplay is any good, and it won't be possible to physically play this pin at shows for 6 months+ as the current bat plague plays out.

Sorry to be negative, but these prices, man...

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

There’s another new music pin available if you don’t like GNR, unfortunately it’s priced higher than a GNR Standard
[quoted image]

Not my point at all. Sorry if you don’t get it. Peace out ya’ll. I hope GNR is a great player.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Omg, Stern trying to crash JJP’s GNR reveal party with.......Heavy Metal?!?!? You’ve got to be joking.[quoted image]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And srsly I like Heavy Metal over GnR as a license, but these games are not remotely close. XD

#1265 3 years ago

I think they they killed it with the look and theme integration. I enjoy GNR so that helps.

#1266 3 years ago

My first JJP NIB purchase since getting in an early pre-order for WOZECLE way back in the day. With Stern purchases I'm used to having distributor pricing a decent amount below MSRP. Is that not the case with JJP? Both distros I reached out to have their price exactly the posted price on JJPs page. Was curious if this was standard practice or? Please feel free to PM me if this isn't something that can be openly disclosed.

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jeez! Give a noob a little attention and they latch on like a Pomeranian!
Play it cool kid! I see ya!

Haha. Your insecurities are showing! I'll let you get back to your lording over of others. Enjoy!

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate to piss in the punch bowl but I'm pretty sure Vacation America pioneered this ingenious innovation 15 years ago.

I heard those were some kind of upward facing opto that reflected off the ball, but you could trigger them from above the glass with a flashlight. Innovation!

#1269 3 years ago

Super cool that they got the band’s full approval and got so much input from Slash as well as getting all the help with licensing. It seems to have paid off in spades. Looks to be a very complete, and incredibly well integrated license.

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Super cool that they got the band’s full approval and got so much input from Slash as well as getting all the help with licensing. It seems to have paid off in spades. Looks to be a very complete, and incredibly well integrated license.

That is pretty amazing. I’m shocked they got axl to do original speech for this thing.

#1271 3 years ago

So does the 6 ball lock just drop them onto PF below ? Looks like a big drop.

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Omg, Stern trying to crash JJP’s GNR reveal party with.......Heavy Metal?!?!? You’ve got to be joking.[quoted image]

Greasy Gary, hard at work! Go get em, Gare!

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

I can't say much about prices and such, but as far as excitement for people goes...I think the number one thing to me is that it looks very theme integrated. I really like what they did with the instruments mixed in the playfield, for example. This is the first pin ive seen that really looks and feels like a true rock band pinball machine.

Otherwise, I can't/won't argue with you too much because of your choice of LVC in your avatar. He rules.

#1274 3 years ago

I can't wait to watch the stream tonight. Never have I seen a game so well recieved right away. Usually you have about 50/50 on people liking/disliking a machine.

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Pinside being Pinside.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

How does having $12k to buy a pin equate to being able to find more space for a pin? I have room for 5 pins (thought it was four, but the math and Pinside say 5! ). I can't turn that money into space in my house.... Plus, if I bought a CE (I'm not), I could probably turn around and sell it for not much, if any, of a loss, so... I'm not following your argument.

I re-read my comment, and I didn’t mean it specifically towards you, more so I meant you as in some anecdotal person.

My point was that if this person’s income was such that $12k on a machine is no problem, it’s not hard to imagine that some combination of reorganization, remodel, shed construction, home addition, or even moving to a new house all together is probably possible.

But really it was more a comment on the pinball addiction itself and that most people I know with machines have found ways to have more machines than they imagined possible when they started. Right now I have “space” for 10 machines. But in one form or another there are 15 pins/arcade games in my house and garage.

#1277 3 years ago

Stream tonight? Or 7th

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stream tonight? Or 7th

Buffalo pinball stream is Wednesday night 8pm est

#1279 3 years ago

I know people are talking about high prices with this machine, but look on the bright side:

JJP already loaded the machine with all the mods and lights you spend thousands of dollars on anyways!

#1280 3 years ago

Yea but $20k CAN for a CE pinball. OMG

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside being Pinside.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Being critical of a product is wanting to watch the world burn?

What is this forum for?

#1282 3 years ago

Maybe I’m missing something but gameplay on the CE and LE are the same I believe. Yes there might be a cooler presentation on the CE for the coma lock but I believe the rules/gameplay is the same on both. Maybe I misread?

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe I’m missing something but gameplay on the CE and LE are the same I believe. Yes there might be a cooler presentation on the CE for the coma lock but I believe the rules/gameplay is the same on both. Maybe I misread?

I believe there is one more lock mech on the CE. From what I can tell that is what people are talking about as the difference.

#1284 3 years ago

So why rush out and buy an LE for $9000 before getting to play it? 5000 of them will be made? I don’t get it. That’s $45,000,000 worth of pins... those will NEVER sell out. Cmon get real.

I love the hype and the video and the lights and the music but the risk of buying without playing over the reward of getting it first does not seem worth it. It’s all about gameplay for me.

Waiting to see more but ultimately I will have to play one before digging that deep into my pocket.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I believe there is one more lock mech on the CE. From what I can tell that is what people are talking about as the difference.

Thanks. I think that might be the coma lock. I think Keith mentioned the rule is in the LE just the presentation (likely full ball lock) is CE.

I’m not a fan of that but it’s better than a topper with a secret mode. As long as the rules are all in although again, I don’t like any mechs to not be in a 9500 LE if tha’t the case so I can see the frustration.

#1286 3 years ago

I certainly hope the game sells well so they keep making them. Don’t want another POTC situation.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So why rush out and buy an LE for $9000 before getting to play it? 5000 of them will be made? I don’t get it. That’s $45,000,000 worth of pins... those will NEVER sell out. Cmon get real.
I love the hype and the video and the lights and the music but the risk of buying without playing over the reward of getting it first does not seem worth it. It’s all about gameplay for me.
Waiting to see more but ultimately I will have to play one before digging that deep into my pocket.

LEs will never sell out. anyone who is feeling pressure in getting an LE isn’t smart.

CEs, although distributors will push, are still available too.

#1288 3 years ago

Where's Izzy????

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s my understanding the that standard doesn’t have the light show we are seeing featured in these videos. So it may have some RGB inserts like most base models have, you’re not going to get the same amazing light show as the LE.

Standard has all rgb inserts and gi I believe ...its missing the moving concert type lights and the new light bars on the side are just white. So still will have a great light show with 200+ rgb lights and flashers.

#1290 3 years ago

That’s what I was afraid of. All that concert lighting is a must have for me.

#1291 3 years ago

There should be a setting to disable November Rain so it’s never heard.

#1292 3 years ago

Wow, just wow. Can't wait to play one. It looks super fun and intense. The lightshow looks incredible. 21 songs wow...... looks like they had access to a lot from the band, well Slash mostly. I love music pins, I had ac/dc, metallica and they were my 2 favorite pins before maiden came in. This is the first title JJP released that I would love to own. I'll look at the gameplay, code wise and the quality and if they meet my expectations I'll have no problem buying an LE.

Another great thing about this launch is that they have a Pro option like stern. I hope they keep that in their next releases.

Very cool toy JJP....it got me excited

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be honest, I don’t see much more in the JJP standard compared to a stern pro. I could be overlooking something, but it’s stripped down to the bones.

I realize you are talking more on the mechanical side but I think it has:

Better lighting
Better sound
Better animation
Larger Backbox Screen

Not sure about gameplay though. The layout for the SE isn't really exciting at first glance. I like that there are 21 songs. I feel like if Stern made it we would get 8. I think it is cool that the amount of time you play during a song is a cumulative qualifier for that albums mini wizard mode. It looks like each song will have it's own unique light show. Will each one have it's own unique shooting rules? Or will it be more like POTC story modes where you are collecting a bunch of lit shots?

Looking forward to Buffalo's stream!

#1294 3 years ago

Great podcast with a lot of info from Eric

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

the theme integration will probably be considered the best in the LCD era, right up there with Batman 66.

Perhaps you haven't played Rick and Morty yet?

#1296 3 years ago

Does JJP charge you the full amount upon purchasing the CE?

#1297 3 years ago

Will GnR be in the top 5? I will say yes, and I don't even care for the band one bit.

#1298 3 years ago

Has anyone that bought an LE today heard yet on shipping provided the rumor that 100 LEs are already built is true?

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Will GnR be in the top 5? I will say yes, and I don't even care for the band one bit.

No

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Will GnR be in the top 5?

Definitely in the Top 5 JJP Games.

Solidly in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/26?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.