pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 111.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

so at least 5500 games to be made? Is stern selling that much per title

5000 limited games announced on JJP website. Sounds crazy!

#1202 3 years ago

the game looks great. it doesn't sound like there are any call-outs from Axel...just the other band members.

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah...on one hand, I just never want to spend $12.5k on a pin...that being said, it does seem like there are a LOT of extras and differences. I suppose compared to the LE price, you're prob getting your moneys worth with the bonuses.

Yup, $6500 once seemed insane, then $7500, then $8500, then $9k, then $9500...I just can't see spending over $10k on a pin unless it's a personal grail theme (Harry Potter, Back to the Future). Anything over $10k just seems insane.

I'm all for the CE model with features added that don't affect gameplay (just cosmetic additions). However, I think it's a bad decision not to include the physical Coma ball lock on the LE model. Same goes for less RGB lights on the LE. JJP has always included all physical gameplay features on their LE models up until now. It's disappointing that you now have to spend $12.5k, silly money for a pin as I call it, to get all the physical features.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If you have this pin, stream it already!

Bombastic DMCA smackdown and a strike to your account. Welcome down to DMCA city where nothing is free and mute AF.

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

so at least 5500 games to be made? Is stern selling that much per title

I doubt it

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You're right, nothing is special once you start to remove the cool stuff like guitar heads and drumstick ramps returns...Every game is just some orbits, ramps, maybe a scoop, etc if you're reductive about it.
But the light show on this looks insane. And JJP has quite the track record with very robust rulesets, perfect for a home collector that will put hundreds of hours into the game over the years. It's a rather compelling package. It's simply does the theme do anything for you or not.

I guess that's where I don't get it, and maybe it's just that I tend to be a bit more frugal. But all this extra stuff doesn't come close to justifying the cost. Things like powder coating, signatures, and different side art add $0 worth of value to me. I agree some of the toys and lights are cool and probably do make it more fun when actually playing it, but not thousands of dollars worth. I'd rather use that extra money to buy another machine or two. But I guess if you have excessive expendable income, have at it.

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from D8n-flipped:

the game looks great. it doesn't sound like there are any call-outs from Axel...just the other band members.

I noticed that. It's also too bad the live footage is all of them now instead of when they were in their prime. I think that's a problem I have with all of these old band themes, I want to see them in their prime in the 70s or 80s, not then now as old men. I want to hear their old songs back then, not their new stuff or new or live versions of their old songs recorded recently.

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Bombastic DMCA smackdown and a strike to your account. Welcome down to DMCA city where nothing is free and mute AF.

and at any event / tournament live stream

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good question....I assumed they were actually signed, but if its just a print it doesn't mean much

It says “signature card signed by....”

Surely they aren’t passing off some facsimile signature as such? Lol

Need to get that verified.

Whether signed by an assistant or not, we would never know. But put some
Wet in on there!

The upper pf is signed too by drummer?

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to ask.
Why isn't good enough to love the look of this pin and be happy its being made, why is it important to knock Stern? I really want to know. I mean u get these comments "gary sterns office door is closed today" and "it makes Sterns look like toys" now I agree this looks good and I'm happy for JJP and GnR fans but why? Its has nothing to do with being a Stern fanboy or anything because I'm not. Enlighten me kind sirs.
I will say I think JJP is very wise to include the SE model for not that much more than a Stern pro, personally its the one I like the most and is a real possibility for me even though I'm not a huge GnR fan.

I think people gotta feel like they belong to something, so they "take a side" and fire shots like for whatever reason. I dunno.

Kinda silly when people turn into cheerleaders and play turf war among... pinball companies.

Also, don't forget i'm sure someone will still cry for "more innovation!" Boo hoo!

Now, I gotta say, this GNR looks pretty sick. Can't wait to try it out. From what I see, Jersey Jack really did some creative things. This really looks like a true rock band pinball machine. Plus, when you compare the major rock bands that are still remaining and eligible for a potential pinball theme, Guns n' Roses was the best choice out there. Now please make a Judas Priest!

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Unfortunately, you WILL have problems on Twitch playing this game. You can turn the music mix down, but it'll be weird playing without it I think.

This SEEMS to be less of a problem on YouTube and eventually if people make that status on the Facebook streaming stuff. But I'm not a streaming IP rights expert, so YMMV.

#1212 3 years ago

Are games shipping today?

#1213 3 years ago

Anyone have any concerns with the moving spotlights? Is that going to be like the drones on DI that had issues? I hope not, I think that looks like a cool feature.

#1214 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Unfortunately, you WILL have problems on Twitch playing this game. You can turn the music mix down, but it'll be weird playing without it I think.
This SEEMS to be less of a problem on YouTube and eventually if people make that status on the Facebook streaming stuff. But I'm not a streaming IP rights expert, so YMMV.

Can you clear up the autograph question Keith?

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It says “signature card signed by....”
Surely they aren’t passing off some facsimile signature as such? Lol
Need to get that verified.
Whether signed by an assistant or not, we would never know. But put some
Wet in on there!

To be honest I could give two shits whether their real or not, but yes we should verify.....what pushed me to the CE is the topper / sound bar / art is nicer on the CE as well, but I don't really care about art packages, but really care about sound in a music pin

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

I guess that's where I don't get it, and maybe it's just that I tend to be a bit more frugal. But all this extra stuff doesn't come close to justifying the cost. Things like powder coating, signatures, and different side art add $0 worth of value to me. I agree some of the toys and lights are cool and probably do make it more fun when actually playing it, but not thousands of dollars worth. I'd rather use that extra money to buy another machine or two. But I guess if you have excessive expendable income, have at it.

Well yeah. It's hard to argue worth considering you don't necessarily know a person's financial situation and stuff.

But when I see the game, I see the $$$ in the light show. Just the sheer number of controllable RGBs quickly adds up, plus the cost of making them do incredible things. JJP games have wonderful light shows and this gives them a lot to play with.

I agree that stuff like the autograph doesn't mean much to me. At the same time, I know the autographs probably does mean a lot to another person who might not realize how much goes into making those light shows.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be honest, I don’t see much more in the JJP standard compared to a stern pro. I could be overlooking something, but it’s stripped down to the bones.

Full color changing inserts? I’m hooked and after Woz, TNA etc. I wish all new pins would have them.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

To be honest I could give two shits whether their real or not, but yes we should verify.....what pushed me to the CE is the topper / sound bar / art is nicer on the CE as well, but I don't really care about art packages, but really care about sound in a music pin

I love all the other stuff but I care about the autos too

After all the band put into it can’t believe they would put that crap into a game for their fans

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Twitch doesn’t take down live streams with copyright material. They just mute the VODs.

So where’s the streams with somebody flipping this? I want to see them shots & flow

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love all the other stuff but I care about the autos too
After all the band put into it can’t believe they would put that crap into a game for their fans

Agreed....I'd be shocked if they weren't real signatures

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not saying its not of value but you do realize like adding an sub to a pinball machine that sound bar is $49 at Target right? And the topper is just a simple plastic sign. I'm in on LE just couldn't see the 3k bump myself but it Surely wasn't the sound bar.

Edit: I apologize it's $69 at Target unless you have a Target card coupon.
https://www.target.com/p/vizio-20-34-2-0-home-theater-sound-bar-with-integrated-deep-bass-sb2020n/-/A-76485332?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Electronics%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Electronics&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9021556&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=CjwKCAjwiOv7BRBREiwAXHbv3JTeNnNjhB9WukXDVZkR5g8ZPn9Q-a_EyGm-HYUvwE5eg7Fny0gfCBoCDpEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#1222 3 years ago

Has anyone hinted when the CEs will ship? Christmas? 2020? I kid I kid.

#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Some of us also have very limited space for pins, so want to get as much as we can into each one. Another machine or two isn’t always an option.

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

5000 limited edition? Really?

We go through this shit every time JJP releases a new game.

Yes, they produce a large number of LEs and it's possible they don't sell out of them. Nothing new for JJP here.

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you clear up the autograph question Keith?

AFAIK they're all legit. I suppose we might not know if someone autopen'd them or something, but to my knowledge they sent 500 cards to 1 member, then sent them to the next, etc.

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Some of us also have very limited space for pins, so want to get as much as we can into each one. Another machine or two isn’t always an option.

There's always room for more machines in one way or another. I feel like if you can afford to drop $12K on a pin, you can afford to find a way to get more space. But there are priorities there.

#1227 3 years ago

AFAIK they're all legit. I suppose we might not know if someone autopen'd them or something, but to me knowledge they went 500 cards to 1 member, then sent them to the next, etc.

Awesome.

#1228 3 years ago

AFAIK they're all legit. I suppose we might not know if someone autopen'd them or something, but to my knowledge they sent 500 cards to 1 member, then sent them to the next, etc.

Nice. Thx Keith.

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

There's always room for more machines in one way or another. I feel like if you can afford to drop $12K on a pin, you can afford to find a way to get more space. But there are priorities there.

How does having $12k to buy a pin equate to being able to find more space for a pin? I have room for 5 pins (thought it was four, but the math and Pinside say 5! ). I can't turn that money into space in my house.... Plus, if I bought a CE (I'm not), I could probably turn around and sell it for not much, if any, of a loss, so... I'm not following your argument.

#1230 3 years ago

Where is the best person to order from?

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not saying its not of value but you do realize like adding an sub to a pinball machine that sound bar is $49 at Target right? And the topper is just a simple plastic sign. I'm in on LE just couldn't see the 3k bump myself but it Surely wasn't the sound bar.

I have no idea the quality of the sound bar...All I know is sound bar costs are all over the map. I just think its clever that they integrated one into the topper. I have owned all 5 JJP LE's so I've never made the leap to a CE model, and I know all to well how most JJP toppers are crap (POTC topper was cool). Justifying an additional $3K for the CE is a stretch, but I do love how they finished it off (art, rad cals, game blades, topper, shooter, powder coating, lockdown bar, lighting, etc...)....hmmmm

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be honest, I don’t see much more in the JJP standard compared to a stern pro. I could be overlooking something, but it’s stripped down to the bones.

I am reall not a Stern fan boy. But if Stern would release this games as Pro-Prem-LE and the Pro was this stripped, they would get a lot of negative comments about it.

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Edit: I apologize it's $69 at Target unless you have a Target card coupon.
https://www.target.com/p/vizio-20-34-2-0-home-theater-sound-bar-with-integrated-deep-bass-sb2020n/-/A-76485332?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Electronics%2BShopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Electronics&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9021556&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=CjwKCAjwiOv7BRBREiwAXHbv3JTeNnNjhB9WukXDVZkR5g8ZPn9Q-a_EyGm-HYUvwE5eg7Fny0gfCBoCDpEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How do you know its this sound bar? Did they say that somewhere?

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Full color changing inserts?

It’s my understanding the that standard doesn’t have the light show we are seeing featured in these videos. So it may have some RGB inserts like most base models have, you’re not going to get the same amazing light show as the LE.

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to ask.
Why isn't good enough to love the look of this pin and be happy its being made, why is it important to knock Stern? I really want to know. I mean u get these comments "gary sterns office door is closed today" and "it makes Sterns look like toys" now I agree this looks good and I'm happy for JJP and GnR fans but why? Its has nothing to do with being a Stern fanboy or anything because I'm not. Enlighten me kind sirs.
I will say I think JJP is very wise to include the SE model for not that much more than a Stern pro, personally its the one I like the most and is a real possibility for me even though I'm not a huge GnR fan.

I can't speak for others but somehow I've been roped into this "anti-stern" group. I've never been anti-stern and haven't expressed as much. I did say that I thought JJP was bringing it and has put Stern to shame. That's literally about it. Past that, CrazyLevi lost his marbles and started making it a Stern v. JJP discussion. Then I piled on just because it was fun and he seemed legitimately perturbed about the entire notion.

Stern is fine. I don't like many of their games nor their build quality by comparison to other manufacturers; but they're not bad. JJP makes a higher quality product in my opinion is all.

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where is the best person to order from?

Abel Electronics, contact Gary.

#1237 3 years ago

This machine makes ...

... APPETITE FOR PINBALL!

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I think people gotta feel like they belong to something, so they "take a side" and fire shots like for whatever reason. I dunno.
Kinda silly when people turn into cheerleaders and play turf war among... pinball companies.
Also, don't forget i'm sure someone will still cry for "more innovation!" Boo hoo!
Now, I gotta say, this GNR looks pretty sick. Can't wait to try it out. From what I see, Jersey Jack really did some creative things. This really looks like a true rock band pinball machine. Plus, when you compare the major rock bands that are still remaining and eligible for a potential pinball theme, Guns n' Roses was the best choice out there. Now please make a Judas Priest!

This.

#1239 3 years ago

Genuinely had no intention to buy this game.

Amazingly am now in on a CE and equally relieved and excited.

#1240 3 years ago

Kudos to Eric and the JJP team for GNR. And congrats to all of you GNR fans for getting such a fine example of your dream theme. Too bad it is not my taste as it will be the first JJP game that I will pass on; just not a fan of rock music themed pins. I can only hope that TS will be as good and that maybe Lawler will be prodded on by Eric's achievement with GNR and do something equally as special. In the meantime, it will be a cool, calm winter.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I can't speak for others but somehow I've been roped into this "anti-stern" group. I've never been anti-stern and haven't expressed as much. I did say that I thought JJP was bringing it and has put Stern to shame. That's literally about it. Past that, crazylevi lost his marbles and started making it a Stern v. JJP discussion. Then I piled on just because it was fun and he seemed legitimately perturbed about the entire notion.
Stern is fine. I don't like many of their games nor their build quality by comparison to other manufacturers; but they're not bad. JJP makes a higher quality product in my opinion is all.

I don't get it either. That's why i'm in the all good pinball camp.

Some people have to put down other companies to justify their purchase in their minds?

Makes no sense to me.

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have no idea the quality of the sound bar...All I know is sound bar costs are all over the map. I just think its clever that they integrated one into the topper. I have owned all 5 JJP LE's so I've never made the leap to a CE model, and I know all to well how most JJP toppers are crap (POTC topper was cool). Justifying an additional $3K for the CE is a stretch, but I do love how they finished it off (art, rad cals, game blades, topper, shooter, powder coating, lockdown bar, lighting, etc...)....hmmmm

The cosmetics differences I can live with, I can get the LE powder coated Purple, buy a lockdown bar Rosette etc..but the Radcals, backglass, extra lighting, topper and signatures can't really be had easily or cheaply. Not to mention the physical ball lock in the apron. Yeah 3k is a lot, but if it's half as good as they're advertising, then you may want to go CE. The CE usually hold their value if the game is a hit.

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I can't speak for others but somehow I've been roped into this "anti-stern" group. I've never been anti-stern and haven't expressed as much. I did say that I thought JJP was bringing it and has put Stern to shame. That's literally about it. Past that, crazylevi lost his marbles and started making it a Stern v. JJP discussion. Then I piled on just because it was fun and he seemed legitimately perturbed about the entire notion.

BE79E9F3-5AD5-464B-89BA-CAF7BA4BDC16 (resized).pngBE79E9F3-5AD5-464B-89BA-CAF7BA4BDC16 (resized).png
#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

That plus, the radcals, speaker and topper upgrade made it hard not to get the CE

I love RadCals and the speaker topper is a great (maybe worthwhile addition) I’d easily call them combined as worth $1k maybe $1500 in pinball funny money. I don’t really care about under cabinet lights but all the little touches added together might be worth $3k for the CE.

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Jeez! Give a noob a little attention and they latch on like a Pomeranian!

Play it cool kid! I see ya!

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm all for the CE model with features added that don't affect gameplay (just cosmetic additions). However, I think it's a bad decision not to include the physical Coma ball lock on the LE model. Same goes for less RGB lights on the LE. JJP has always included all physical gameplay features on their LE models up until now. It's disappointing that you now have to spend $12.5k, silly money for a pin as I call it, to get all the physical features.

I agree wholeheartedly with the physical CE apron lock/kickback deeley.

However with the RGB lighting count, I think the difference between the CE and LE is mostly in the undercab and behind-backbox lighting. There are a ton of LEDs in those.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love RadCals and the speaker topper is a great (maybe worthwhile addition) I’d easily call them combined as worth $1k maybe $1500 in pinball funny money. I don’t really care about under cabinet lights but all the little touches added together might be worth $3k for the CE.

Loved the "pinball funny money" comment.... its so true....

#1248 3 years ago

I can only hope that TS will be as good.

Twisted Sister’s next? Shuddup and take my money!

#1249 3 years ago

Any hires center playfield pics?

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Twisted Sister’s next? Shuddup and take my money!

You’re an SMF!!! Yeah

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hardware
Pinball Haven

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/25?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.