pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 111.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Some of you guys really need to relax.

for real.

Not to mention, if I had a GNR in my house the last thing I'd be doing is recording video right now and uploading it.

95 percent of people who buy games just want to play and enjoy them, they aren't cruising around for Facebook Live hits.

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Right or wrong there are ONLY 50 of those Elvira SE's. See how much they go for in 2ndary market IF you can ever find one.
While YOU might not care, there are some "collectors" that place additional value on ONLY 50 versus 500 of something. That's true with just about ANY collectible.
And Elvira is a GREAT game.
Now, GNR looks freaking fantastic!!!

The lightshow is unreal!

#1153 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It seems sorta like the ball save feature on WoZ
Ball goes down the outlane. The mech does...something. Then you get a limited amount of time to score some switch hits, then hit some shots to start a multiball and continue playing like you never drained. If you fail to start the multiball, the flippers lose power and you drain.

should be able to done in software without the kickback stern ST had the kickback added in software to the pro's.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone else notice in the Straight Down the Middle video that Keith is wearing a Goonies shirt? Funny given that Deep Root bungled launch announcement that included the Goonies tease as a future release.

I don't associate it with Goonies, personally.

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-pirates-code

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The lightshow is unreal!

The sound will be unreal too!

And like i said before, the fact that the band was such a big part of this game makes you want to be a part of it.

I have neighbors far enough away, i'll be putting this baby to the test for sure.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm betting the additional 250 on the CE are the LED strips that make up the extra undercab/rear cabinet/topper lighting.

Kaneda posted this pic and said the say thing, I am also betting that makes the difference

120550687_2667662500162437_6966697154107279361_o (resized).jpg120550687_2667662500162437_6966697154107279361_o (resized).jpg
#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not to plug my favorite Pinball game ever (alien) but the proximity switches were 1st done in heighway Pinball. That company was on to something. Too bad it was so poorly managed.

My favorite game ever too Delt! Something special. GNR might be as well.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate to piss in the punch bowl but I'm pretty sure Vacation America pioneered this ingenious innovation 15 years ago.
Goes to show how important innovation is!

Vacation works differently though. It uses opto switches and the reflection off the ball to "close" the switch. This is something (seemingly) different.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What's eta on shipping dates? Anyone know?

Now.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm in the deep minority here, but my wallet is safe! I dislike GnR, so I was terrified that this game might be the pin of all pins. With regard to lightshow, the CE will be the best to date, and incorporation of assets will be top-shelf.
Not many here are talking about actual geometry and how the game shoots. The videos mostly focus on assets, concept and lighting. Gameplay is absolutely the most important aspect. Short, close ramps can be good, but they can be bad. Also, the spinner wheel is meh.. What else is there in the game that makes you go, "I can't wait to shoot that!"? Single flipper upper pfs have never been that good. The headstocks are cool, but, again, these are aesthetic. I don't even want to get into the art, but I'll say that I don't like any of it, even if I was a GnR fan.
I see a decent pin here--don't get me wrong--but I don't feel like I'm missing much by being on the sidelines. I hope the next game has something crazy and new and focuses more on gameplay.
All that said, I'm happy for all the GnR fans that are getting games. Buy a lot so we get more!

This is a valid point. Very good point actually. I'm a huge GnR fan so I'm over the moon already bc even if the gameplay isn't great, there is enough here for me BUT if I'm a guy who doesn't like GnR or doesn't love them, gameplay is so important and frankly, layout wise, it's not as special as avengers. For example if this was iron maiden, I would still be on the sidelines until I saw more gameplay. I think gameplay will deliver too but I can understand the comment.

#1161 3 years ago

Posted 30 minutes ago in the GnR owners thread.

69387a98e7766b8ec908a5b05b00c304b4ba19b0.png (resized).png69387a98e7766b8ec908a5b05b00c304b4ba19b0.png (resized).png
#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Kaneda posted this pic and said the say thing, I am also betting that makes the difference
[quoted image]

Hmmm, the flyer says 600+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs.....I don't think the under cab lights are individually controlled.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmmm, the flyer says 600+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs.....I don't think the under cab lights are individually controlled.

They're probably serial RGB strips. Simple off the shelf part

#1164 3 years ago

I do probably because I'm old, I had a Goonies tshirt with that skull and swords on it about 20 years before it was used on a Woot shirt. I'm sure they both ripped off the design, I don't think it was actually on any official Goonies marketing.

#1165 3 years ago

All this focus on theme integration and mechs and fun so I’m out.

Of only JJP would try to innovate the piss out of every other aspect of the game that I care about like how to move the glass out of the way during maintenance.

Well maybe next time JJP

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I still wonder what the "innovation" part is.

Full assets is now “innovation “. Have you seen how poor the assets on pins have become lately? This pin should knock it out of the park and full assets are a big part of that.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

proximity switches were 1st done in heighway Pinball.

Williams had proximity switches long before heighway. Roadshow comes to mind off hand.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

he GNR standard and LE still blow away anything Stern offers for nearly the same price.

Quoted from NoMonkey:

Whoa, careful. Don't mention Stern.

I have to ask.
Why isn't good enough to love the look of this pin and be happy its being made, why is it important to knock Stern? I really want to know. I mean u get these comments "gary sterns office door is closed today" and "it makes Sterns look like toys" now I agree this looks good and I'm happy for JJP and GnR fans but why? Its has nothing to do with being a Stern fanboy or anything because I'm not. Enlighten me kind sirs.

I will say I think JJP is very wise to include the SE model for not that much more than a Stern pro, personally its the one I like the most and is a real possibility for me even though I'm not a huge GnR fan.

#1169 3 years ago

If you have this pin, stream it already!

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its has nothing to do with being a Stern fanboy or anything because I'm not.

Lol.

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate to piss in the punch bowl but I'm pretty sure Vacation America pioneered this ingenious innovation 15 years ago.
Goes to show how important innovation is!

Road Show

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm just disappointed to see a gameplay feature reserved only for the CE, thats BS at these prices.

It's a little hard to keep up with this thread, but all 3 games actually include the Coma rule; the Coma lockup is a choreography device that exists only on the CE.

As far as rules, I think the only thing that is really missing on any model is the Power Chord rule on the SE because there's simply no way to make it happen as intended without a lockup. The other stuff on the upper playfield (Duff, Lights, and virtual locks) are simply awarded off the left ramp.

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Williams had proximity switches long before heighway. Roadshow comes to mind off hand.

Ok I thought it had to be done before. Thanks for the heads up

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to ask.
Why isn't good enough to love the look of this pin and be happy its being made, why is it important to knock Stern? I really want to know. I mean u get these comments "gary sterns office door is closed today" and "it makes Sterns look like toys" now I agree this looks good and I'm happy for JJP and GnR fans but why? Its has nothing to do with being a Stern fanboy or anything because I'm not. Enlighten me kind sirs.
I will say I think JJP is very wise to include the SE model for not that much more than a Stern pro, personally its the one I like the most and is a real possibility for me even though I'm not a huge GnR fan.

Couldn't agree more. Stern appears to have a massive hit with Avengers and GnR looks to be knocking it out of the park with unbelievable theme integration.
Like what? Worst thing in the world to have them side by side in your collection? The horror, the horror!

Congrats to JJP and all involved.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Posted 30 minutes ago in the GnR owners thread.
[quoted image]

You are looking younger Kim, good job with the diet and supplements!

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Twilight Zone, Road Show, Scared Stiff and Theatre Of Magic all have open boards with non-contact "switches".

However, No Good Gofers have smaller units in a closed casing.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's a little hard to keep up with this thread, but all 3 games actually include the Coma rule; the Coma lockup is a choreography device that exists only on the CE.
As far as rules, I think the only thing that is really missing on any model is the Power Chord rule on the SE because there's simply no way to make it happen as intended without a lockup. The other stuff on the upper playfield (Duff, Lights, and virtual locks) are simply awarded off the left ramp.

Good to hear Coma is on all games, but the CE people still get a unique mech. Best of both worlds.

#1178 3 years ago

So has anyone ordered directly from JJP? It appears if you do its not a deposit, but a full payment?

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Like what? Worst thing in the world to have them side by side in your collection? The horror, the horror!

People love picking sides and digging in deep.

#1180 3 years ago

Honestly, I don't get it. Why is everyone so excited about this? I agree that it is cool to have the guitar heads and drumsticks in the game, that's a cool idea. But how in the hell is that worth $9K+? Or $12K+ for the full game? The base version is like $6500 without that interesting stuff. This has a orbits, a couple ramps, a side ramp, a scoop, (and an upper playfield for $3K more), so the shot layout isn't blowing anyone away. Other than theme, what makes anyone more excited for this than TMNT or Avengers? Especially when you have to pay thousands more for this. Nothing I've seen of the gameplay seems unique or interesting. Really, I was super underwhelmed by this, but the majority of you seem to love it. Why?

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You are looking younger Kim, good job with the diet and supplements!

I know you're joking but the peanut gallery might not.

Thats Kevin at Buffalo Pinball and he will be streaming GnR game play this Wednesday.

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People love picking sides and digging in deep.

I look at it more as gravitating towards quality......

#1183 3 years ago

Looks awesome to me but I would have liked a "big toy" that moved and interacted with the game like the T-Rex of the Stern-JP. The big robot from the Appetite album would have been awesome!

Do you...

- Do you think that JJP will make in the future different "limited editions", like they did with Wizard of Oz (ECLE, RR, Yellow...) ?

- Do you think the autographs of the cards on the CE are real or printed? (I can't imagine Axl sitting down to sign 500 cards...)

- Do you think that will be possible to add new songs in some way?

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Honestly, I don't get it. Why is everyone so excited about this? I agree that it is cool to have the guitar heads and drumsticks in the game, that's a cool idea. But how in the hell is that worth $9K+? Or $12K+ for the full game? The base version is like $6500 without that interesting stuff. This has a orbits, a couple ramps, a side ramp, a scoop, (and an upper playfield for $3K more), so the shot layout isn't blowing anyone away. Other than theme, what makes anyone more excited for this than TMNT or Avengers? Especially when you have to pay thousands more for this. Nothing I've seen of the gameplay seems unique or interesting. Really, I was super underwhelmed by this, but the majority of you seem to love it. Why?

I'm not gonna comment about game play as I haven't seen it, but my first impression is theme integration. The fact that they got so many game assets really separates this game from many that have come before it....its really unprecedented ....

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I look at it more as gravitating towards quality......

If it wasn't the same fucking people saying the exact same thing for years I'd agree.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Looks awesome to me but I would have liked a "big toy" that moved and interacted with the game like the T-Rex of the Stern-JP. The big robot from the Appetite album would have been awesome!
Do you...
- Do you think that JJP will make in the future different "limited editions", like they do with Wizard of Oz (ECLE, RR, Yellow...) ?
- Do you think the autographs of the cards on the CE are real or printed? (I can't imagine Axl sitting down to sign 500 cards...)

Good question....I assumed they were actually signed, but if its just a print it doesn't mean much

#1187 3 years ago

5000 limited edition? Really?

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You're right, nothing is special once you start to remove the cool stuff like guitar heads and drumstick ramps returns...Every game is just some orbits, ramps, maybe a scoop, etc if you're reductive about it.

But the light show on this looks insane. And JJP has quite the track record with very robust rulesets, perfect for a home collector that will put hundreds of hours into the game over the years. It's a rather compelling package. It's simply does the theme do anything for you or not.

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

I agree. I want to be wrong but this seems like theme integration over gameplay.

#1190 3 years ago

I just ate a big lunch from a food truck and went into a carb COMA where I dreamed I was playing the new GNR CE naked on stage. I think someone or something is trying to get me to move on an LE?!?

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

That plus, the radcals, speaker and topper upgrade made it hard not to get the CE

Yeah...on one hand, I just never want to spend $12.5k on a pin...that being said, it does seem like there are a LOT of extras and differences. I suppose compared to the LE price, you're prob getting your moneys worth with the bonuses.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not gonna comment about game play as I haven't seen it, but my first impression is theme integration. The fact that they got so many game assets really separates this game from many that have come before it....its really unprecedented ....

Curb appeal too I think. As nice as the artwork on The Avengers is, GNR knocked my socks off and I wasn’t expecting it as I’m not a huge GNR fan.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Thanks Keith for the information, much appreciated That's good to hear the Coma rule exists in all 3 versions. Just bummed to see a mechanical gameplay feature reserved only for the CE considering the LE price, JJP hasn't done that before. Looking forward to playing, and possibly owning, a GNR!

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I just ate a big lunch from a food truck and went into a carb COMA where I dreamed I was playing the new GNR CE naked on stage. I think someone or something is trying t get me to move on an LE?!?

And I just visualized that and threw up my lunch....

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Do you...
- Do you think that JJP will make in the future different "limited editions", like they did with Wizard of Oz (ECLE, RR, Yellow...) ?

There will be no more LE games as with a 5000 run will never be sold out

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Curb appeal too I think. As nice as the artwork on The Avengers is, GNR knocked my socks off and I wasn’t expecting it as I’m not a huge GNR fan.

For me what really separates the CE from the LE is the Topper. Its a music pin and integrating additional sound in the topper was very clever. These topper prices are getting crazy (Stern, CGC) so have one with a sound bar is awesome.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks Keith for the information, much appreciated. That's good to hear the Coma rule exists in all 3 versions. Just bummed to see a gameplay feature reserved only for the CE considering the LE price, JJP hasn't done that before. Looking forward to playing, and possibly owning, a GNR.

Coz cosmetic can’t justify 3k. So it should happen JJP add gameplay feature in the CE. They need to give this model attractive to buy.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

5000 limited edition? Really?

so at least 5500 games to be made? Is stern selling that much per title

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

There will be no more LE games as with a 5000 run will never be sold out

I guess i have some time to buy one...

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They're probably serial RGB strips. Simple off the shelf part

Gotcha! I bet there's also a whole bunch of LEDs in the "Hotrails" lighting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/24?hl=tradesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.