pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 111.
#1101 3 years ago

What's eta on shipping dates? Anyone know?

#1102 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You guys see the proximity insert switches? Pretty cool.

I just saw those on the SDTM vid, very cool innovation

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm betting the additional 250 on the CE are the LED strips that make up the extra undercab/rear cabinet/topper lighting.

Good catch and thought. I couldn't figure out Where all those extra LEDs would be. Makes sense if they are counting all the under cab and back cab lights. LE for me on this one fingers crossed should have it this week.

#1104 3 years ago

Where’s the magnet? Never mind just realized the rule sheets were magnetic and that’s what they were talking about

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm betting the additional 250 on the CE are the LED strips that make up the extra undercab/rear cabinet/topper lighting.

Good catch and thought. I couldn't figure out Where all those extra LEDs would be. Makes sense if they are counting all the under cab and back cab lights. LE for me on this one fingers crossed should have it this week.

Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Is the hotbar essentially a built-in Pinstadium?

No, this one is actually integrated into the game and code and changes color with the modes.

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do you expect for 6-9k? Ask Panzer.

Hey I have a pin with a piece of an old couch for $15k that I can show you.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Anyone want to buy a MET Premium?

will you deliver ?

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No, this one is actually integrated into the game and code and changes color with the modes.

Are u sure? They said in the video it provides additional GI....so my initial thought is yes, but maybe doesn't work as well?

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

sterns sle garbage. no comparison to GNR CE. embarassing.

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sterns sle garbage. no comparison to GNR CE. embarassing.

Didn't Stern only make 50 BM66 SLE's? so theres your difference....and they seem to hold their value

#1111 3 years ago

Just got home from hockey practice with the kids. Have a rental strange things pin in the Living room.
Showed the sdtm GNR promo on the big screen.
I kid you not, whilst viewing the STH-pin started to cry and moan.

It looks super awesome. Whats more to say?
Medieval madness, take a bow.

#1112 3 years ago

I think this will be my first music pin (any maybe last).

You simply won't have the bands engagement, songs, video assets, all the band members custom voices ever again. Certainly not at this level. And I love the way the pin looks, the JJP attention to detail, big screen in the back box, the quality of the materials and mechs. Just freaking awesome job as usual by JJP.

This pin shot to first place as the next pin to buy. Not the CE though - I can't afford it. So LE it is.

#1113 3 years ago

Do all three models have the flashing "stage lights" in the back corner?

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

best ce ever and knocks the competition sle out of the water. i mean a signature and swatch of a sofa on elvira for 16,500. you kidding me just embarassing.

Agreed!

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What gameplay feature is in the CE that's not in the LE, besides the extra LEDs, autographs, topper and bling?

The COMA mech in the apron, and its associated ball save and multiball feature.

(Which is a good idea. It makes the CE actually special)

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Is the hotbar essentially a built-in Pinstadium?

No. What they do is take the place of traditional woodrails along the outside edges of the playfield - there are no woodrails in those spots as there have been on just about every recent game - all 5 JJP games for sure but pretty much everything. So then they integrated them and made them code controlled and therefore they can participate in the choreographed light shows, and because of their unique placement where wood would normally be, the effect is some incredible light shows as you can see. Hope that helps explain the idea.

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Does anyone know if there is a "radio function" on this game? Something where you can play the music even if you are not playing the game?

may need to be home use only so ops don't get forced into paying jukebox fees.

#1118 3 years ago

Any idea if ordering directly from JJP rather than a distributor gets your game shipped sooner?

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

may need to be home use only so ops don't get forced into paying jukebox fees.

Some Stern games already do this and I don't think there is a fee. (I'd be surprised if one was required and Stern chose to ignore it)

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The GNR standard and LE still blow away anything Stern offers for nearly the same price. I'm just disappointed to see a gameplay feature reserved only for the CE, thats BS at these prices.

3K on top of the LE to add an kickback?

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Do all three models have the flashing "stage lights" in the back corner?

No the moving stage spotlights only seem to come with the Limited edition or Collectors edition.

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Does anyone know if there is a "radio function" on this game? Something where you can play the music even if you are not playing the game?

Not quite a freebie radio mode but it sounds like there is (or is going to be) a Jukebox mode where you start the game and choose a single song. From there it's a timed mode for the length of the track to score as much as possible in that time, then your game ends. Haven't heard much more than that, Eric mentions it in one of the interviews. Love the concept, particularly if each song has it's own custom mode/rules.

#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Some Stern games already do this and I don't think there is a fee. (I'd be surprised if one was required and Stern chose to ignore it)

play the music even if you are not playing the game?
Think AC/DC needed to be on free play + have the setting on.

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Sounds like there is (or is going to be) a Jukebox mode where you start the game and choose a single song. From there it's a timed mode for the length of the track to score as much as possible in that time. Haven't heard much more than that, Eric mentions it in one of the interviews. Love the concept, particularly if each song has it's own custom mode/rules.

and they cloned that from stern ac/dc

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and they cloned that from stern ac/dc

Hmm, had an AC/DC and don't recall a timed game. Guess I missed that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The COMA mech in the apron, and its associated ball save and multiball feature.
(Which is a good idea. It makes the CE actually special)

why make it an DLC add on to the lower models?

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

play the music even if you are not playing the game?
Think AC/DC needed to be on free play + have the setting on.

Maybe. I've never had an ACDC. I know the DJ Mixer feature they said will be part of all games post TMNT only works in free play.

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

No the moving stage spotlights only seem to come with the Limited edition or Collectors edition.

Can't really tell, as there is no front facing view of the SE, but it looks like at least one is attached to the upper PF, so likely not. What about the jumbotron in the back? Will that be there on the SE? And the JJP website still is showing the SE as having the Gibson PF ball lock as a feature. Need to get that fixed. I was pretty excited when I read that a few hours ago.

#1129 3 years ago

Can someone tell me more about the CE COMA feature..?

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

why make it an DLC add on to the lower models?

Why devalue their most expensive version of the game?

Maybe they could add it in as a software feature later, but don't say it now while there are sales to be made.

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can someone tell me more about the CE COMA feature..?

It seems sorta like the ball save feature on WoZ

Ball goes down the outlane. The mech does...something. Then you get a limited amount of time to score some switch hits, then hit some shots to start a multiball and continue playing like you never drained. If you fail to start the multiball, the flippers lose power and you drain.

#1132 3 years ago

Be great if they added a subwoofer hook up, I lean towards the Ce for the addtional sound quality.But I am sure the L.e with a remote sub would kick ass.

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just saw those on the SDTM vid, very cool innovation

Not to plug my favorite Pinball game ever (alien) but the proximity switches were 1st done in heighway Pinball. That company was on to something. Too bad it was so poorly managed.

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

600 RGB on collector versus 350 on LE interesting

That plus, the radcals, speaker and topper upgrade made it hard not to get the CE

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not to plug my favorite Pinball game ever (alien) but the proximity switches were 1st done in heighway Pinball. That company was on to something. To bad it was so poorly managed.

Ah, I didn't know that

#1136 3 years ago

Can you get Rad Cals on the LE?

#1137 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not to plug my favorite Pinball game ever (alien) but the proximity switches were 1st done in heighway Pinball. That company was on to something. To bad it was so poorly managed.

Hate to piss in the punch bowl but I'm pretty sure Vacation America pioneered this ingenious innovation 15 years ago.

Goes to show how important innovation is!

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate to piss in the punch bowl but I'm pretty sure Vacation America pioneered this ingenious innovation 15 years ago.
Goes to show how important innovation is!

But... Where's the Pinbar (tm)?

#1139 3 years ago

So any videos of people flipping this so we can see the shots & flow?

#1140 3 years ago

Proxy switches and RGB LED light strips are definitely not innovative. Game looks awesome though. I think the art is pretty rad on all three.

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So any videos of people flipping this so we can see the shots & flow?

Kman said they were already in peoples houses. I’m sure streams coming soon unless he’s full of shit.

#1142 3 years ago

I'm in the deep minority here, but my wallet is safe! I dislike GnR, so I was terrified that this game might be the pin of all pins. With regard to lightshow, the CE will be the best to date, and incorporation of assets will be top-shelf.

Not many here are talking about actual geometry and how the game shoots. The videos mostly focus on assets, concept and lighting. Gameplay is absolutely the most important aspect. Short, close ramps can be good, but they can be bad. Also, the spinner wheel is meh.. What else is there in the game that makes you go, "I can't wait to shoot that!"? Single flipper upper pfs have never been that good. The headstocks are cool, but, again, these are aesthetic. I don't even want to get into the art, but I'll say that I don't like any of it, even if I was a GnR fan.

I see a decent pin here--don't get me wrong--but I don't feel like I'm missing much by being on the sidelines. I hope the next game has something crazy and new and focuses more on gameplay.

All that said, I'm happy for all the GnR fans that are getting games. Buy a lot so we get more!

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Kman said they were already in peoples houses. I’m sure streams coming soon unless he’s full of shit.

We will have ours set up tomorrow for public use at Helicon Brewing.

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We will have ours set up tomorrow for public use at Helicon Brewing.

691b6329c12925a30e54a8b12b4b805aed9f3486.jpeg (resized).jpg691b6329c12925a30e54a8b12b4b805aed9f3486.jpeg (resized).jpg
#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yeah after seeing it flip I’ll
Make a decision on this pin. Does anybody know where the built in camera is at?

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Some of you guys really need to relax.

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Not many here are talking about actual geometry and how the game shoots...Gameplay is absolutely the most important aspect. Short, close ramps can be good, but they can be bad. Also, the spinner wheel is meh.. What else is there in the game that makes you go, "I can't wait to shoot that!"?

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Right or wrong there are ONLY 50 of those Elvira SE's. See how much they go for in 2ndary market IF you can ever find one.

While YOU might not care, there are some "collectors" that place additional value on ONLY 50 versus 500 of something. That's true with just about ANY collectible.

And Elvira is a GREAT game.

Now, GNR looks freaking fantastic!!!

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Well...

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Are you blind? Did you not see the same videos and pics we all saw? How about an SE vs a Stern LE? Same prices and not even sorta the same ballpark for quality.

Sorry I made the mistake of posting to a fanboy club. I'll move along.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/23?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.