pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 111.
#1001 3 years ago

Love that there's a adult mode and unedited songs.... so glad jjp went this route. I was not interested much bc of the theme but game looks like a home run and I'm a sucker for amazing light shows and this looks to b the best ever... dam.u jjp.. definitely in for le but possibly a ce

#1002 3 years ago

If anybody wants to have an investment strategy conversation with me on this...PM me. I don't want to get left in the dust on this like with Pirates.

500 CE vs 5000 LE. Seems like this won't have the same limited issues, correct?

#1003 3 years ago

Totally worth the wait, well done JJP.

It looks amazing but I am gonna wait to see how it shoots...

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Love that there's a adult mode and unedited songs.... so glad jjp went this route.

The full versions of the songs we loved as children? Wooohooo!

#1005 3 years ago

Any speculation about when the SE will start to ship?

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The era of show reveals is over. Why hold a stuffy boring talk to reveal a game?

Agreed, this was the first really well done reveal, it will set the bar for all future reveals. Pinball companies have finally started to realize they need to sink more money into modern marketing and promotion, I hope it pays off for them and we see more reveals like this. It makes our hobby more exciting and fun.

#1007 3 years ago

Anyone want to go halfsies on a CE with me? It can be like both of ours but just live at my house

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

Check the visual gallery at www.pinballphotos.com
[quoted image]

Who would have thought? I am glad to see you were on it Charles, great work!

#1009 3 years ago

I'm not a Guns N' Roses fanboy but I do like some of their songs. To no surprise, Jersey Jack has shown up Stern once again. Not that it's that hard to do honestly, but JJP knows how to do what only Bally/Williams was able to do in the 90s with their toys and theme integration. Love them or hate them, they make some of the most high quality, memorable games in the business.

As for the art package, in my opinion, the LE takes the cake by a mile.

I'll not own one of these but I can't wait to try one out in the wild sometime!

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

As for the art package. The LE takes the cake by a mile.

Unfortunately for me, I prefer the CE.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The artwork on the CE is awesome

Cab art, sure. That modified 7-member AFD cross on the backbox, though... ugh.

And... "Appetite Purple?" Ah yes... all of the purple that the band imagery used in the Appetite era. WTF?

I could look past the CE art and powder color if there were something of substance added over the LE. But it seems like that's just the apron COMA ball lock. And I'm not paying $3K for a ball lock again.

#1012 3 years ago

Man, I'm not a collector type, but had to drop a deposit on the CE. The artwork is insane on that version and the best of the 3 IMHO

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

And... "Appetite Purple?" Ah yes... all of the purple that the band imagery used in the Appetite era. WTF?
I could look past the CE art and powder color if there were something of substance added over the LE. But it seems like that's just the apron COMA ball lock. And I'm not paying $3K for a ball lock again.

Well it does have 600 RGB's so 250 more than the LE

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Unfortunately for me, I prefer the CE.

Nice! To each their own for sure. None of them look bad to me, per se. I just like how the LE cab art compliments the playfield art. That said, I'd definitely miss the shooter rod from the CE; that shit is dope!

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

To each their own....topper is pretty cool considering they integrated speakers into it....clever idea

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I'm not a Guns N' Roses fanboy but I do like some of their songs. To no surprise, Jersey Jack has shown up Stern once again. Not that it's that hard to do honestly, but JJP knows how to do what only Bally/Williams was able to do in the 90s with their toys and theme integration. Love them or hate them, they make some of the most high quality, memorable games in the business.
As for the art package, in my opinion, the LE takes the cake by a mile.
I'll not own one of these but I can't wait to try one out in the wild sometime!

Do you really think their goal was to "show up Stern?"

Maybe they just wanted to make a cool pinball machine, and that's what they did.

When you base your entire design philopsphy on "showing up Stern" you get a touchscreen lockdown bar with pointy edges and a game that doesn't actually work.

Give JJP a little credit here. I'd like to think after 10 years "showing up Stern" isn't a company design edict.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well it does have 600 RGB's so 250 more than the LE

Right, but that's why I mentioned "substance." Under cab lighting, behind backbox lighting and topper lighting don't get the "substance" descriptor in my book.

#1018 3 years ago

I’m working (lol) so can’t view videos. Likely get one LE most likely. Can play first because my R&M will be here in a few weeks so not too bad to wait 3-4 months.

I’ll just be a bit off on the initial excitement but should be able to play first. Not concerned about CE selling out (think it’ll be hard to sell out instantly at this price 500 units is a lot). But I don’t mind if the do sell out because I’m usually not a CE buyer maybe Toy Story tho.

CE looks killer but $3000 is a lot of money, don’t want my wife to ‘slash’ my pinball budget.

Good times!

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe they just wanted to make a cool pinball machine, and that's what they did.
When you base your entire design philopsphy on "showing up Stern" you get a touchscreen lockdown bar with pointy edges and a game that doesn't actually work.
Give JJP a little credit here. I'd like to think after 10 years "showing up Stern" isn't a company design edict.

Oh, I never said I thought that. Sorry that's what you took from that. It was just a compliment to JJP and a bit of a diss on Stern. That is all.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The era of show reveals is over. Why hold a stuffy boring talk to reveal a game?

Yeah it never made any sense in the era of social media/videos.

#1021 3 years ago

I think this might honestly be the first time I've been excited about revisiting the 80s, since the 80s.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

Check the visual gallery at www.pinballphotos.com
[quoted image]

Nice Shots!

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Right, but that's why I mentioned "substance." Under cab lighting, behind backbox lighting and topper lighting don't get the "substance" descriptor in my book.

Yeah totally understand, I was in on an LE from the beginning but the all round package is what did it for me, not one specific thing

#1024 3 years ago

Doesn't look like the type of game I would really, really enjoy here at my house over and over. Lights are pretty, but I have some cool lighting in my gameroom. The amount of songs is great, but I probably only like Appetite for Destruction - certainly not November Rain kinda stuff. I also have a jukebox, so the music means nothing to me.

I want a FUN, terrific shooting pin. Guess will have to wait a few days and see what the gameplay stream looks like.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly my thought, doesn't look like the type of game I would really, really enjoy here at my house over and over. Lights are pretty, but I have some cool lighting in my gameroom. The amount of songs is great, but I probably only Appetite for Destruction - certainly not November Rain kinda stuff. I also have a jukebox, so the music means nothing to me.
I want a FUN, terrific shooting pin. Guess will have to wait a few days and see what the gameplay stream looks like.

If this game doesn’t look fun to you, you need to join a new hobby!

#1026 3 years ago

I love you JY64

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

And... "Appetite Purple?"

Coma ball lock built into apron, 600+ RGB LED, unique playfied artwork with sparkle, topper with built in sound bar and amp, mirrored back glass, band signed signature card, mirrored Rad Cals ect

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If this game doesn’t look fun to you, you need to join a new hobby!

How would I know for sure? I'm going by what's been shown. I do not like the ramp placement and the short returns to the flippers (left ramp is NBA Fastbreak on the SE). I dislike upper playfields too. I don't like hitting a post on a spinning disc either.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Honestly, the game looks like a passion project and amazing - lighting/art/integrated with GnR. But what concerns me is that it does not immediately look amazing to shoot. The upper playfield looks to slow the game down which is concerning. Im not seeing the money in on amazing toys that interact with the ball. Amazing light shown and video experience but iffy on the playing experience. I hope more videos will prove me wrong.

This has always been my biggest concern with JJ Pins. They all look amazing, they are built like tanks, but how fun are they to shoot? I agree lights, color, all of that looks incredible...but I hope its fun to shoot.

#1030 3 years ago

Anyone know a distributor who is not charging sales tax to Pennsylvania?

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

N'ah. They just wanted to show up the industry leader by providing more for your money. Shake up the Stern army, like you.

Glad to see so we have some competition. It will only make the industry better.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't like hitting a post on a spinning disc either.

I hear that. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way of things.

#1033 3 years ago

it’s only money, right?

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

N'ah. They just wanted to show up the industry leader by providing more for your money. Shake up the Stern army, like you.

This guy gets it, CrazyLevi

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yeah totally understand, I was in on an LE from the beginning but the all round package is what did it for me, not one specific thing

I get it. I was in on a CE from the beginning but the all round package is what did it for me, not one specific thing.

#1036 3 years ago

Sorry double post but yes the reveal was fantastic. Very well done!

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Who would have thought? I am glad to see you were on it Charles, great work!

Thank you so much! JJP it's family to me

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Here it is! The exclusive Guns N Roses Pinball Featurette. Enjoy...
Special Thanks to the JJP team for working with us on this.

Well done Zach! Thank you for a Great and detailed overview of the game And creators.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man, I'm not a collector type, but had to drop a deposit on the CE. The artwork is insane on that version and the best of the 3 IMHO

What sold you on CE over LE besides the artwork? (Or was that it)

#1040 3 years ago

Looks amazing from what I've skimmed so far. I love music games, and I love that all the lights are choreographed to the tunes. I'm wondering where exactly are the extra lights in the CE & how noticeable the difference is. For me, the LE "red" art package is the best...so as long as all the gameplay & features from the LE are there - that's fine with me. Just wondering how different the light show will feel. In any case, I don't want to hype-rush OR buy a pin for over $10k, so - I'll chill and see how it all shakes out, maybe get the LE. The SE art, IMO, is pretty terrible. Looks like a Dirty Donny Metallica rip-off. The price is right, but oooph - ugly. Wish it was more visually in line with the other 2.

Great job and killer reveal, JJP, Eric & Keith!

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

This guy gets it, crazylevi

No he doesn’t. He’s another clueless noob, like you.

When the goal of your pinball company is to “own stern,” you get deep root.

When the goal of your company is to turn a profit, you get something like GNR.

If pinside ran a pinball company, it would definitely be deep root! Every “business decision” would be based on petty Grudges and white hot emotion!

#1042 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a "radio function" on this game? Something where you can play the music even if you are not playing the game?

#1043 3 years ago

This game just needed one bash toy to be an 11 outta 10. Currently it's a 10 outta 10. Can't wait to play it

#1044 3 years ago

Did anybody get the clue this game has a camera to include you on the stage? I don’t see this anywhere mentioned in the specs

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Gary has now left for the day via rear exit.

#1046 3 years ago

Please please have an external sub output on the back, please. I have to look at the specs and see if that is built in or not.

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To be honest, I don’t see much more in the JJP standard compared to a stern pro. I could be overlooking something, but it’s stripped down to the bones.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Does anyone know if there is a "radio function" on this game? Something where you can play the music even if you are not playing the game?

Says it has 'jukebox attract mode option'

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No he doesn’t. He’s another clueless noob, like you.
When the goal of your pinball company is to “own stern,” you get deep root.
When the goal of your company is to turn a profit, you get something like GNR.

Haha, I don't get it. I've never said that. You've gotta relax buddy; It's only pinball!

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Did anybody get the clue this game has a camera to include you on the stage? I don’t see this anywhere mentioned in the specs

Keefer hinted at it in the SDTM video. Says something like, "maybe you end up in the game."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/21?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.