pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 111.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I would be 100% on board on this as I'm a huge fan of Erik and love JJP production, in the market for something new but one issue....
I fucking hate gnr....sorry
People love to talk about how theme sells game but fact is, hyper specialized whiny spandex wearing 80s rock bands have literally kept me from buying both maiden and now this. I know I'm not the only one.
How about any other genre of music other than rock...why do these things always have to be so white...

Hmm. How about a Flavor Flav pin. Huge clock in the middle of the playfield. I could see it.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Looks like inserts for a revolver.....
[quoted image]

Revolver inserts with a rose shooter?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

maiden and now this.

Sorry sir but that comparison is like Apples and Oranges.

GnR Appetite was an amazing album at that time, and Illusion was pretty god damn great I saw them on that tour at the CNE and it was incredible. I don't listen to it anymore but for many it was ground breaking stuff and as teen I loved it. Maiden is a different animal.

Quoted from donkadelic:

How about any other genre of music other than rock...why do these things always have to be so white...

What?

I like HipHop well oldschool rap and funk and RandB but they won't sell so they don't get made. Simple as that, welcome to the world of pinball themes. Avengers, TMNT, SThings, Wonka and pretty much everything else doesn't appeal to me. Then when I did finally get Predator and Alien they died on the vine. Its sucks but thats life.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry sir but that comparison is like Apples and Oranges.
GnR Appetite was an amazing album at that time, and Illusion was pretty god damn great I saw them on that tour at the CNE and it was incredible. I don't listen to it anymore but for many it was ground breaking stuff and as teen I loved it. Maiden is a different animal.

What?
I like HipHop well oldschool rap and funk and RandB but they won't sell so they don't get made. Simple as that, welcome to the world of pinball themes. Avengers, TMNT, SThings, Wonka and pretty much everything else doesn't appeal to me. Then when I did finally get Predator and Alien they died on the vine. Its sucks but thats life.

which hiphop/rnb/funk/rap theme hasnt sold exactly?

people go back to the 80s rock well because they're lazy and boring, simple as that. aerosmith, maiden, gnr x2, metallica, eye roll, vomit. nwa pin would be amazing. stern is complacent and has no real fire to their feet so no reason to branch out or think/act outside the box.

tna is techno music, techno pin would be great. hell stern is from chicago, how about an old school house music pin....do i have to think of everything?

btw i dont like themes like avengers/tmnt/st/wonka either, but at least they dont offend me and dont really get old. playing the same shitty axel chorus over and over and over and over and over makes me wanna poke my eardrums out.

for instance i dont like st the show at all but made for an amazing theme. im not a comic book fan but in on avengers l.e. but no way im putting slashes burnt out ass in my house.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

gnr and maiden are bands people are into who pretend to like music.

Please explain this? I gonna go ahead and assume ur quite young or very old. What do people who don't pretend to like music listen to?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

techno pin would be great.

Ah ok, well that's the end of this exchange.
Techno

#57 3 years ago

FYI appears to be standard width...

Just messed around in photoshop with a 1x1 overhead shot of the WOZ playfield just to double check. Not a match.

I'm OK with this

dfgdfgdsfg (resized).jpgdfgdfgdsfg (resized).jpg
#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Please explain this? I gonna go ahead and assume ur quite young or very old. What do people who don't pretend to like music listen to?

because its just scratching the surface music basically. someone who doesn't really know anything about rock music is usually into just some random nostalgic crap they listened to as a kid.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Ah ok, well that's the end of this exchange.
Techno

you probably dont even know what techno actually is. know your history, detroit, carl craig, jeff mills, kevin saunderson, etc.

#59 3 years ago

this game will very likely be amazing by the way and i am jealous of anyone who is a fan of this band. should be a home run.

slashes commitment to pinball combined with 1 of the top 2 designers in the game is gonna set this game apart for sure. my negativity towards it is all just based on personal preference of course. if i were jjp i wouldve made this game as well, financially it seems like a no brainer. but next time...nwa please...

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

nwa pin would be amazing. stern is complacent and has no real fire to their feet so no reason to branch out or think/act outside the box.

NWA pin? yea, that would sell millions. bunch of fat old white guys playing a NWA pin.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

NWA pin? yea, that would sell millions. bunch of fat old white guys playing a NWA pin.

you do realize that comment is remarkably racist...

i can't like nwa because i'm white? black people can't play pinball?

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I would be 100% on board on this as I'm a huge fan of Erik and love JJP production, in the market for something new but one issue....
People love to talk about how theme sells game but fact is, hyper specialized whiny spandex wearing 80s rock bands have literally kept me from buying both maiden and now this. I know I'm not the only one.

Wow dude you must’ve got lost,your looking for sjw pinball thread

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

you do realize that comment is remarkably racist...

wow.

#64 3 years ago

Dude mark this date we’re in agreement on this!!!

#66 3 years ago

Not a GNR fan , however looking forward to seeing a new JJP game. Finally something shown and as expected the flow of negativity is overwhelming.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just messed around in photoshop with a 1x1 overhead shot of the WOZ playfield just to double check. Not a match.

Tath's cause it's backwards!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not a GNR fan , however looking forward to seeing a new JJP game. Finally something shown and as expected the flow of negativity is overwhelming.

Huh?

This thread is a nonstop GNR circle jerk! People seem pretty hyped to me.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tath's cause it's backwards!

How aboot now

adfgsdfgsfdgsdfg (resized).jpgadfgsdfgsfdgsdfg (resized).jpg
#70 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

little lights representing lighters from the crowd

Holy shit, flickering Zippo or Bic lighter-looking LEDs would be brilliant. Someone give this man a job.

#71 3 years ago

Forget NWA. A Wu-Tang Clan pin would easily outsell NWA.

#72 3 years ago

Let’s amp up this debate more. How about a Trump theme?

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hmm. How about a Flavor Flav pin. Huge clock in the middle of the playfield. I could see it.

Funhouse - paint rudy black, playfield overlay over rudys head and a pinsound. Viola!

#74 3 years ago

JJP has done a fantastic job of LED's on every game. This playfield looks like it'll give WOZ an LED run for it's money. Congrats to those who are buying. Eric is a talented cat!

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Holy shit, flickering Zippo or Bic lighter-looking LEDs would be brilliant. Someone give this man a job.

Totally agree with this.These lights can flash and strobe like a love concert!

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Because.... we are a bunch of old white dudes.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Forget NWA. A Wu-Tang Clan pin would easily outsell NWA.

The rights would be impossible. Just look at the shit show that is the bio-series about the group. No WTC music and all the names are changed. If RZA couldn’t secure all the rights for the series, pinball would never fucking happen no matter how much we want it to. Maybe someone could do a homebrew.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Let’s amp up this debate more. How about a Trump theme?

You’d be playing a game and then get interrupted in the middle of it...

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Because.... we are a bunch of old white dudes.

Yeah.
I'm glad u left overweight out of that.

Its the same reason we don't get a Barbie pin and Little Pony and Dora the Explorer. They make pins with themes that will sell. Apparently that's racist.

Quoted from romulusx:

Dude mark this date we’re in agreement on this!!!

We probably agree on a lot of things. Its just pinball themes. I'm really looking forward to seeing this pin. Might be my first JJP. That a good thing cause I'm president of the Fanboy club if u didn't know.

#80 3 years ago

I don't care if it's not a wide body. As long as it shoots good and the theme is well integrated, I'd buy one. No edited songs either.

#81 3 years ago

Both stunning albums by the way
Nwa first album sales, 3 million.
Guns and Rose's first album sales, 30+ Million.

Facts for the those who " dont get it "

#82 3 years ago

No hype.

Eric Meunier. Nuff said.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Wish I could be there on Monday for this.

#83 3 years ago

The podcaster who shouldn’t be named just posted a short cast consisting of an over-the-top 4:00 pingasm, apparently he was forwarded a gameplay video.

Take it as you will, I guess.

#84 3 years ago

Which Axl are they going to use?

1E6DBCD3-75C4-436D-A490-3C87258652F5 (resized).jpeg1E6DBCD3-75C4-436D-A490-3C87258652F5 (resized).jpeg
#85 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

certainly understand this and not sure why you're getting down votes as I F'n hated WoZ as a theme and I now own one! The Hobbit I bought, first NIB, only due to my kids liking the theme. I hated the game upon getting it but after the software updates ..... I still have it and have no plans to get rid of it!

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

because its just scratching the surface music basically. someone who doesn't really know anything about rock music is usually into just some random nostalgic crap they listened to as a kid.

you probably dont even know what techno actually is. know your history, detroit, carl craig, jeff mills, kevin saunderson, etc.

Holy F’n chit. What the heck are you talking about. The reason most people prefer older rock music is because there hasn’t been any decent rock music made since the 90’s. Not nostalgia at all. And BTW Techno? House music pin? What? How about a T Swift pin for ya. That’s current music. You don’t know what you think you know. Still time for you to realize this and pivot to learning stuff. Again Wow.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

certainly understand this and not sure why you're getting down votes as I F'n hated WoZ as a theme and I now own one! The Hobbit I bought, first NIB, only due to my kids liking the theme. I hated the game upon getting it but after the software updates ..... I still have it and have no plans to get rid of it!

There are plenty of themes I don't like. Know what I don't do? I don't go into threads about those games and shit up the place with a hot take that no one cares about.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Okay, JJP...time to show Deeproot how you properly launch a game on a Monday!

I wish they would do a nice reveal but JJP has had poor reveals in the past. DI specifically..... all the hype and the pure silence of disbelief that that is the original theme they came up with. If it is GnR at least the theme won’t kill the mood.

#89 3 years ago

Looks mode based with the center inserts. Also all the little inserts could be lighters\lit phones in the audience?

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

There are plenty of themes I don't like. Know what I don't do? I don't go into threads about those games and shit up the place with a hot take that no one cares about.

Opinions vary .... my point is you can hate a them but love the game. Goin on a thread and saying what you don't like, maybe someone points out something you didn't originally see and makes you think!

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I wish they would do a nice reveal but JJP has had poor reveals in the past. DI specifically..... all the hype and the pure silence of disbelief that that is the original theme they came up with. If it is GnR at least the theme won’t kill the mood.

POTC reveal was good, WW reveal was good. My opinion of course.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

.... my point is you can hate a them but love the game. ...

I don;t know dude, he kind of made it clear he wasn't interested.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

POTC reveal was good...

Agreed; loads were being blown at an all time high for JJPOTC. A dark night and all that...

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don;t know dude, he kind of made it clear he wasn't interested.

LOL yeah I know but trust me a GnR pin is not within my first 10 of band choices either but given JJP's track record .... I'm interested.

I would certainly be into a Pink Floyd machine and recently Gilmour has opened up the licensing, anyone see the PF puzzles coming out in November?, so maybe a PF pin is in the future????

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I know what it is, Shit. How could I not know what Techno music is. I lived through its invention. I'm a musician and record lots of different kinds of music. But not Techno, u know why? its Shit.

Quoted from donkadelic:

I can't respond to this cause it makes no sense at all. Not one word of it.

#95 3 years ago

This game looks like it’s going to be loaded!!! It’s going to be epic. I mean slash was working with Eric on this one. We all know slash is big into pinball. You know he’s going to make sure it’s a good game. I think the CEs will sell out Monday.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Pinside is slipping. I can't believe no one's pixel-counted the pf and figured out the ratio yet.

I am anxious to get a coil count on this machine!

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

They are in the top 10-15 greatest bands of all time. Right up there with ACDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden. All these were successful for Stern so why would GNR not make a great pin?

Cause hair metal sucks and Axls a kook.. the game it’s self is probably gunna rock but this bands been done since Kurt blacklisted there asses. They also have racist and homophobic songs!! They def have a couple decent tracks but when it comes down to it gnr suck.

#98 3 years ago

If it’s GNR then I might buy my first JJP.

Keefer... You're the one who programmed this right?

TSPP, FGY & LOTR are my jams.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

tna is techno music, techno pin would be great. hell stern is from chicago, how about an old school house music pin....do i have to think of everything?

I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87.

I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

do i have to think of everything?

Do you have to type every time you think?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.