pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 111.
#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You think car dealerships don't touch up new cars that arrive from the factory with minor issues? They do it all the time, every day.
And a couple small wrinkles are hardly "jacked up." I'm not saying JJP shouldn't offer some consideration for this, but it's one of the smallest things you can have wrong with a pin at unboxing time because it's dead simple to fix.

Once again, your are arguing a point of obsurdity. When you buy something new, esp something new in the price range of $10k wrinkled cabinet decals it not acceptable. If you buy a $10 action figure from Target peeled and bubbles packaging is not acceptable. Just quit this nonsense talk Vireland. Did JJP pay you to promote this nonsense? I’m pretty sure if I did a Pinside poll, bubbling cabinet decals would not be acceptable. Want to bet money?

#5452 3 years ago

Radcals are an upgrade. He’d be coming out ahead for his trouble. Nothing wrong with throwing that out there if the customer would be happy with it. Coming out ahead is not really giving them a pass.

Quoted from cliff_clavin:

It’s a brand new machine. Why should the buyer have to install new graphics over the old ones? Why can’t the buyer get a machine that has no cosmetic issues? People buy brand new to avoid these types of issues. I do not understand why people are so quick to give the manufacturer’s a pass.....this is a very large $$ purchase, unacceptable to have such visible flaws.

#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

It’s a brand new machine. Why should the buyer have to install new graphics over the old ones? Why can’t the buyer get a machine that has no cosmetic issues? People buy brand new to avoid these types of issues. I do not understand why people are so quick to give the manufacturer’s a pass.....this is a very large $$ purchase, unacceptable to have such visible flaws.

All valid points I totally agree

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Once again, your are arguing a point of obsurdity. When you buy something new, esp something new in the price range of $10k wrinkled cabinet decals it not acceptable. If you buy a $10 action figure from Target peeled and bubbles packaging is not acceptable. Just quit this nonsense talk Vireland. Did JJP pay you to promote this nonsense? I’m pretty sure if I did a Pinside poll, bubbling cabinet decals would not be acceptable. Want to bet money?

I think what a few people are saying here is while it isn't ideal (less than perfect decals on a NIB game), it's easier to do a 10-minutes fix on a decal bubble than it is to try to arrange shipping a 350 pound machine back to Chicago and wait for a new one, be home for two different shipping transactions, move the game into and out of the gameroom, etc.

#5455 3 years ago

That’s the opinion of a few. IMO I would ship it back. I think we are arguing a moot point here though. #1 Zach will take back this pin if pbjksb decides that’s what he wants. #2 If he decides to fix it himself and JJP/Zach doesn’t void the warranty for doing so, I’m sure he would have asked/done that instead of posting here (or at least asked hey guys, how do I fix this?). Posting pictures here of jacked bubbled artwork imply “this is fucked up”. If he posted pictures of jacked bubbled artwork and asked “hey guys, how do I fix this?” That would imply I’m willing to fix this vs ship it back. But hey, I won’t guess here. Let pbjksb tell us what he intends to do and let’s not disagree with that decision?

#5456 3 years ago

It would be a lot cheaper to send out a new decal and cover the cost of a local guy to install it for them.

That’s the opinion of a few. IMO I would ship it back. I think we are arguing a moot point here though. #1 Zach will take back this pin if pbjksb decides that’s what he wants. #2 If he decides to fix it himself and JJP/Zach doesn’t void the warranty for doing so, I’m sure he would have asked/done that instead of posting here (or at least asked hey guys, how do I fix this?). Posting pictures here of jacked bubbled artwork imply “this is fucked up”. If he posted pictures of jacked bubbled artwork and asked “hey guys, how do I fix this?” That would imply I’m willing to fix this vs ship it back. But hey, I won’t guess here. Let pbjksb tell us what he intends to do and let’s not disagree with that decision?

#5457 3 years ago

Cheaper for JJP. Never seen JJP even offer “a local repair guy to replace NiB decals”. Where have ever seen this option offered? Y’all crazy

#5458 3 years ago

Yah. If they are willing to fully cover their mistake, I think most people would be happy with that.

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yah. If they are willing to fully cover their mistake, I think most people would be happy with that.

Where have seen this done before? You just making things up?

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It would be a lot cheaper to send out a new decal and cover the cost of a local guy to install it for them.

My guess is JJP will never pay for someone to install new decals nor will they agree to pay for the game to be returned. I've been down this path before, and my guess is the best they will do is provide new decals. This is the general problem in owning pinball machines. JJP is very good at sending out replacement parts, but "rarely" provide any labor to fix the problem.

#5461 3 years ago

Are you guys getting this worked up over a bubble on the decals? Lol, I can’t even see from the pic what the other problem is.

Did you check the balls? Make sure they are 100% perfect or send the whole machine back, eff it.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Lol, I can’t even see from the pic what the other problem is.

You must be as blind as the person who signed off on this is .
It's an obvious defect that shouldn't have got through the final inspection , yet the company says the customer should fix it ?
Edit the company hasn't told the customer to fix it - yet .
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpgIMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Are you guys getting this worked up over a bubble on the decals? Lol, I can’t even see from the pic what the other problem is.
Did you check the balls? Make sure they are 100% perfect or send the whole machine back, eff it.
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It’s pretty obvious. I’d wonder if you took delivery of a car with a ripple in the paint that looks like that if you’d be so generous towards the manufacturer. In addition, if their remediation was to send you the paint to repair it would that be satisfactory?

At premium pricing, the service should be equal to the status- IMHO

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's an obvious defect that shouldn't have got through the final inspection , yet the company says the customer should fix it ? [quoted image]

I agree that it's a QC miss, for sure. I'd report it too.

But I'd still try to fix it since it's almost certainly some liquid or air that can be smoothed out leaving a 100% perfect decal.

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's an obvious defect that shouldn't have got through the final inspection , yet the company says the customer should fix it ? [quoted image]

NOT taking sides on this as its a no win conversation but in the Possible defense of the person that installed these like most ALL to date pooling acknowledgements it IS possible that this was fine pre the below zero shipping temps and likely sitting in a shipping yard temps that the glue simply popped up or gave. It is after all a simple decal at a compression point. Again, not saying this is fine just sayin I highly doubt they did this intentionally.

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree that it's a QC miss, for sure. I'd report it too.
But I'd still try to fix it since it's almost certainly some liquid or air that can be smoothed out leaving a 100% perfect decal.

I would do this too, after Stern states that if it doesnt work, or makes it worse, Stern will cover it under warranty.

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would do this too, after Stern states that if it doesnt work, or makes it worse, Stern will cover it under warranty.

I highly doubt Stern will make any effort to fix this game.
; )

#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Take the flipper button out apply some heat, use a plastic blade/squeegee to smooth it out. This is nothing compared to some of the problems I have had to deal with on NIB games, like playfield chipping. Anyone purchasing NIB that isn’t aware they will be the ones fixing the problems I feel sorry for you. Don’t purchase NIB is the lesson to be leaned here.

#5469 3 years ago

Where have seen this done before? You just making things up?

Actually, Jersey Jack reached out to me one time to see if I knew of any technician that could go to a local customers house to fix an issue they were having. FWIW

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be annoying to see it for sure. If one turned up down here for us say, what would we end up doing? I know if it was me, sure I would probably complain back through the distributor but you can bet I'd get the hairdryer and credit card out soon as I'd done that and see if I couldn't correct it since we can't exactly send machines up the road or interstate here to get them replaced or fixed with these kinds of issues.

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

It would be annoying to see it for sure. If one turned up down here for us say, what would we end up doing? I know if it was me, sure I would probably complain back through the distributor but you can bet I'd get the hairdryer and credit card out soon as I'd done that and see if I couldn't correct it since we can't exactly send machines up the road or interstate here to get them replaced or fixed with these kinds of issues.

I'm waiting on one and hopefully it doesn't come with any issues . If it did have some decal issues , I would definitely go through my distributor . I'm confident that he would sort it out . I live about 10 minutes down the road from him and he has come over and fixed a game he didn't even sell to me and wouldn't accept any payment ( I did give him a Dan Murphy's voucher )
But you are right , not sure how they would fix it if you are interstate or far away .
I understand experienced people saying , get out the hair dryer fix it up , it's no big deal ,
I also get people saying this is unacceptable , why should I have to deal with it and potentially make it worse .
I should not have said JJP expect the customer to deal with this , they never said that .
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. .

#5472 3 years ago

When i recieved my SE yesterday the front decal right by the lock down bar had some bubbles in it. I just pushed them out no issue. Otherwise game showed up as it should. Do get a few stuck balls coming out of the pops into right orbit that im going to have to remedy.

#5473 3 years ago

If it’s resting on the pop bumper skirt, try adjusting the switch closer to closed to be more sensitive.

Quoted from Phbooms:

When i recieved my SE yesterday the front decal right by the lock down bar had some bubbles in it. I just pushed them out no issue. Otherwise game showed up as it should. Do get a few stuck balls coming out of the pops into right orbit that im going to have to remedy.

#5474 3 years ago

My SE showed up today. Love it and no issues. Had one tiny bubble by one of the flipper buttons that I pushed out and a weirdly shaped playfield cut of glass but other than that no issues. Plays great.

#5475 3 years ago

Just joined the club. My spinning record has some wrinkles around the hit bumper on it. Doesn’t seem like a big deal but for sure lacking a little QC and special attention. Whatever it’s fine.

I did notice after doing the delta upgrade from 1.14 to 1.16 if I lose all the balls while still in a song mode the ball ends and then shoots a ball into the trough, auto launches into the playfield and drains before starting the next ball.

Didn’t do that on 1.14 so I wonder if I need to do a full install and maybe that is a glitch with the delta upgrade or what’s going on here. It’s super annoying.

F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpegF794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Just joined the club. My spinning record has some wrinkles around the hit bumper on it. Doesn’t seem like a big deal but for sure lacking a little QC and special attention. Whatever it’s fine.
I did notice after doing the delta upgrade from 1.14 to 1.16 if I lose all the balls while still in a song mode the ball ends and then shoots a ball into the trough, auto launches into the playfield and drains before starting the next ball.
Didn’t do that on 1.14 so I wonder if I need to do a full install and maybe that is a glitch with the delta upgrade or what’s going on here. It’s super annoying.[quoted image]

Are you sure that's not a protective film on the album ? Don't have my game yet but that sure looks like it's removable

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Why did you not upgrade to 1.17, which is the latest current version ?

#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's an obvious defect that shouldn't have got through the final inspection , yet the company says the customer should fix it ?
Edit the company hasn't told the customer to fix it - yet .
[quoted image]

Agree it shouldn’t have left the factory. But it looks to have occurred when the button was installed and twisted. If it were me, I would remove the button, smooth out the decal if possible, trim excess decal from the button hole, and reinstall the button.

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Agree it shouldn’t have left the factory. But it looks to have occurred when the button was installed and twisted. If it were me, I would remove the button, smooth out the decal if possible, trim excess decal from the button hole, and reinstall the button.

More time and energy has been spent ranting on Pinside about it than it would take to fix the problem.

#5480 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

More time and energy has been spent ranting on Pinside about it than it would take to fix the problem.

What part of QC lacking on a item that costs $9000, dont you understand?

#5481 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What part of QC lacking on a item that costs $9000, dont you understand?

Should it have been caught? Yes. We're not disagreeing on that.

But I'm a pragmatic guy. Would I send back a machine over a bubble I can smooth out in 5 minutes? Hell no. I'd fix it and move on with my life.

But hey, bitching on Pinside is fun! Break out the pitchforks, we got ourselves an outrage!

#5482 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But I'm a pragmatic guy. Would I send back a machine over a bubble I can smooth out in 5 minutes? Hell no. I'd fix it and move on with my life.
But hey, bitching on Pinside is fun! Break out the pitchforks, we got ourselves an outrage!

Yes, we get it, you come in here to bash every new pinball owner who has a problem with a NIB purchase. Admins should make one of your dozens of replies a sticky, just so you dont have to retype if everytime a NIB has an issue.

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes, we get it, you come in here to bash every new pinball owner who has a problem with a NIB purchase. Admins should make one of your dozens of replies a sticky, just so you dont have to retype if everytime a NIB has an issue.

Actually I put a lot of effort into helping people troubleshoot their NIB issues and share fixes when I can.

Pinball's an imperfect world.

#5484 3 years ago

Anyone come up with new decals for the spinning record? Its not a biggie, but I'd like an appetite for destruction decal. Mine came with Chinese Democracy

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone come up with new decals for the spinning record? Its not a biggie, but I'd like an appetite for destruction decal. Mine came with Chinese Democracy

I'm sure that if you email JJP they will send you one

#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don"t forget the tar and feathers Derek.

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Don"t forget the tar and feathers Derek.

I fully expect to be tarred and feathered at TPF 2022.

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I fully expect to be tarred and feathered at TPF 2022.

I'm in if we can get some brisket.

#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly. In life you can be a victim or a victor. I recommend being a Victor and not sweating the small stuff.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why did you not upgrade to 1.17, which is the latest current version ?

That’s strange - I only did it a few days ago and the only file showing was 1.16. Now it shows 1.17 but the link says page and file can not be found. In fact all the code links seem to say file not found. Can someone else take a look and let me know - seems their file host is down? When did 1.17 come out? Wonder why only 1.16 was there just days ago? Anywhere else I can download from?

#5491 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Are you sure that's not a protective film on the album ? Don't have my game yet but that sure looks like it's removable

I looked and no it does not look like a protective film. Perhaps someone can correct me but trying to peel off looks like it could end in even greater catastrophe

#5492 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I looked and no it does not look like a protective film. Perhaps someone can correct me but trying to peel off looks like it could end in even greater catastrophe

Sorry, thought it was worth a chance, man from the cabinets to the spinning disc.. Someone is really dropping the ball at JJP with sticker and vinyl application...

#5494 3 years ago

Are CEs still on the line? Was told march/april for my LE but havent heard if they are back on the line yet

#5496 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does this mean 1.17 is fixed?

Seems so. I don't see anything on their FB to suggest it isn't working.

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Seems so. I don't see anything on their FB to suggest it isn't working.

Tried to download minutes ago and couldn’t

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Then I don't know why they didn't remove the links to it. Sorry!

#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Mine is just like yours. I’ll probably ask for a replacement

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Exactly. I just tried and it doesn’t even say 1.17 anymore. No update available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.