pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 111.
#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trapping switches to a lower power hold though, right?
Interesting about it being a beefier coil. I didn't know that.

Yes, but it still raises temps over time (just slower) on JJP/Spooky (but not Spike - I don't know why it's different than SAM/Whitestar, that's the most surprising thing I've discovered in testing machines). Doesn't give the coils time to rest and cool even a little.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trapping switches to a lower power hold though, right?
Interesting about it being a beefier coil. I didn't know that.

Should be easily solved.
An arduino, two temp sensors and two computer fans.
Fixed well below 100$

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

That’s right, the GnR CE’s are actually worth a lot more!

Jjp has really made a jump in difference of what is offered ce visavi le.
Ce has come over the top and will easily increase in value.

#5354 3 years ago

Ok... for your hardcore pinheads.. here is the well requested SABIAN cymbals decals your were looking for...
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/guns-n-roses-cymbal-decals-option-2

Best
Joe

zil2 (resized).jpgzil2 (resized).jpg
#5355 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Ok... for your hardcore pinheads.. here is the well requested SABIAN cymbals decals your were looking for...
Best
Joe[quoted image]

Look cool, thx Joe!

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Best
Joe[quoted image]

Joe,

Those look great but are proportionally much bigger than the actual logo on Sabian cymbals... any hope for a smaller variation?

Obviously there's some trade-off between readability and real-life product accuracy, but IMO maybe a 30% reduction would be ideal...

#5357 3 years ago

Anyone tried a DE GnR rose shooter rod on their JJP? Not sure if the DE shoot rods are the same size? Thanks.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6067-01

#5358 3 years ago

I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Did anyone notice that the colors of the band members on the backglass do not correlate with the colors of their corresponding LEDs on the playfield? That seems like an oversight on JJP's part. Would this be a simple matter of switching the LEDs around, or is this a coding issue, since these are (I presume) multicolor LEDs?

6C83448A-E4CB-4DDE-B635-A461F9980E69 (resized).jpeg6C83448A-E4CB-4DDE-B635-A461F9980E69 (resized).jpeg7DFCD48F-DA21-49D0-996E-04A69BA24165 (resized).jpeg7DFCD48F-DA21-49D0-996E-04A69BA24165 (resized).jpeg
#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.
Did anyone notice that the colors of the band members on the backglass do not correlate with the colors of their corresponding LEDs on the playfield? That seems like an oversight on JJP's part. Would this be a simple matter of switching the LEDs around, or is this a coding issue, since these are (I presume) multicolor LEDs?[quoted image][quoted image]

You wouldn’t want to switch leds because the colors on the gun inserts on playfield match color of that character shots. It is the backglass design that is off. Kind of reminds me of the character shots on LOTR not aligning with insert order. That oversight drives me crazy.

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You wouldn’t want to switch leds because the colors on the gun inserts on playfield match color of that character shots. It is the backglass design that is off. Kind of reminds me of the character shots on LOTR not aligning with insert order. That oversight drives me crazy.

Hey! Something they can fix for LoTR Spike!

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Did anyone notice that the colors of the band members on the backglass do not correlate with the colors of their corresponding LEDs on the playfield? That seems like an oversight on JJP's part. Would this be a simple matter of switching the LEDs around, or is this a coding issue, since these are (I presume) multicolor LEDs?[quoted image][quoted image]

I guess that is another benefit of the LE and CE, as it doesn't have this issue.

#5362 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Joe,
Those look great but are proportionally much bigger than the actual logo on Sabian cymbals... any hope for a smaller variation?
Obviously there's some trade-off between readability and real-life product accuracy, but IMO maybe a 30% reduction would be ideal...

Adler played zildjian on AFD

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Adler played zildjian on AFD

So did Sorum after that. But if you want it to match the videos on screen, Frank plays Sabian...

#5364 3 years ago

Like it or not, good or bad, the drummer in the game is Frank so I’d personally want to match that.

Quoted from adrock:

So did Sorum after that. But if you want it to match the videos on screen, Frank plays Sabian...

#5365 3 years ago

Anyone know when LEs are shipping to distributors? I put a deposit on an LE last month with a reputable distributor in SoCal and they’ve stopped responding to emails. Meanwhile, I see lots of CEs are shipping. I assume JJP is simply backlogged, but any inside info is appreciated.

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone know when LEs are shipping to distributors? I put a deposit on an LE last month with a reputable distributor in SoCal and they’ve stopped responding to emails. Meanwhile, I see lots of CEs are shipping. I assume JJP is simply backlogged, but any inside info is appreciated.

Pretty sure they said February, so not long now.

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure they said February, so not long now.

My guess is they will run all 500 CE’s and then load up the line with LE’s and SE’s.Probably be heavy on LE’s since it’s more desirable then SE’s
I speculate the first week of March for more LE’s.

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My guess is they will run all 500 CE’s and then load up the line with LE’s and SE’s.Probably be heavy on LE’s since it’s more desirable then SE’s
I speculate the first week of March for more LE’s.

But when will the run the SCEs?

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But when will the run the SCEs?

They're not taking any orders for the SE's for the time being . It could be a while .

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They're not taking any orders for the SE's for the time being . It could be a while .

No, SCEs, as in Super CEs.

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, SCEs, as in Super CEs.

It's only a matter of time.....

#5372 3 years ago

CEs are running now and will not finish until sometime in March. The line should covert back to LE/SE sometime in March and games will hopefully start shipping to distributors in April.

If you just placed an order last month, you are pretty far back. They never made it through their day 1 orders before the CE switch.

They stopped responding to you because they have no idea, and neither do I but you should be really happy if you get a game before June.

Quoted from darkryder:

#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

They stopped responding to you because they have no idea, and neither do I but you should be really happy if you get a game before June.

If they are busy up to and maybe past June working on back orders this is a very good thing for JJP and as a result a very good sign for all of us who love JJP games and want more.

#5374 3 years ago

The best part about buying a title that sells in large quantity is JJP can justify spending more resources on things like code updates....

Quoted from fnosm:

If they are busy up to and maybe past June working on back orders this is a very good thing for JJP and as a result a very good sign for all of us who love JJP games and want more.

#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The best part about buying a title that sells in large quantity is JJP can justify spending more resources on things like code updates....

They’ve always been good about code update.I guess you might be referring to POTC wizard modes?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5376 3 years ago

No, just speaking generally. The more a game sells, the more they can justify the resources.

Quoted from romulusx:

They’ve always been good about code update.I guess you might be referring to POTC wizard modes?

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's only a matter of time.....

They massively under-allocated CEs. Massively. Especially since it is not just some window dressing, but physically different play with that extra physical lock. Limiting the full game experience to only a few hundred pins was a bad idea.

So yeah, Super CEs. For the prices CEs are already bringing, a Super CE will sell out, too.

#5378 3 years ago

If I understand the Coma lock correctly.... It locks a ball in the apron, then when Coma starts it just takes the ball from the apron and puts it into the ball trough via the outlane?

Quoted from PinMonk:

They massively under-allocated CEs. Massively. Especially since it is not just some window dressing, but physically different play with that extra physical lock. Limiting the full game experience to only a few hundred pins was a bad idea.

So yeah, Super CEs. For the prices CEs are already bringing, a Super CE will sell out, too.

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If I understand the Coma lock correctly.... It locks a ball in the apron, then when Coma starts it just takes the ball from the apron and puts it into the ball trough via the outlane?

I'm not sure how it unloads the coma lock since it's on the left side of the apron. Maybe just drops the post, letting a ball drop into the trough and the game serves one to the shooter lane like normal? Maybe someone with a CE can chime in. I've only seen stills of it, no video.

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not sure how it unloads the coma lock since it's on the left side of the apron. Maybe just drops the post, letting a ball drop into the trough and the game serves one to the shooter lane like normal? Maybe someone with a CE can chime in. I've only seen stills of it, no video.

It drops the ball into the trough and then it can be autolaunched

#5381 3 years ago

So, essentially it does nothing? instead of the ball going directly to the ball trough it holds it and then just puts it into the trough at a later time? That's pretty silly.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It drops the ball into the trough and then it can be autolaunched

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, essentially it does nothing? instead of the ball going directly to the ball trough it holds it and then just puts it into the trough at a later time? That's pretty silly.

Right. Its not even the same ball, it just dumps the ball into the back of the trough and the tough shoots out whatever ball is next in line already there. Its sort of like how "kickback" has become virtual...I love games with real kickback. Virtual kickback is a cheap way out and nothing more than a courtesy ball saver. There is something uniquely special, tactile and authentic about the machine rejecting your ball back into play from the left outlane...virtual kickback loses that completely.

But I digress...The coma lock does look cool and the added opportunity for artwork there is nice but it does absolutely nothing for gameplay whatsoever - its temporarily holding a ball from drain until a new and different ball can launch into play. It would have been WAY cooler if they did a lock like that which actually functioned to kick that same ball back into play back up the outlane from the locked position.

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Right. Its not even the same ball, it just dumps the ball into the back of the trough and the tough shoots out whatever ball is next in line already there. Its sort of like how "kickback" has become virtual...I love games with real kickback. Virtual kickback is a cheap way out and nothing more than a courtesy ball saver. There is something uniquely special, tactile and authentic about the machine rejecting your ball back into play from the left outlane...virtual kickback loses that completely.
But I digress...The coma lock does look cool and the added opportunity for artwork there is nice but it does absolutely nothing for gameplay whatsoever - its temporarily holding a ball from drain until a new and different ball can launch into play. It would have been WAY cooler if they did a lock like that which actually functioned to kick that same ball back into play back up the outlane from the locked position.

Releasing the ball out of the coma lock and launching it out up into play again from between the flippers like some old pins do would have been cool.

#5384 3 years ago

I didn't realize the LEs were that far out from being built and shipped. I'll go find an EHOH or Wonka LE to scratch the itch until the GNR LE arrives this summer. I'm sure GNR will be well worth the wait...nothing like that old Data East version I couldn't get rid of fast enough.

#5385 3 years ago

I ordered an LE the day of the launch from a distributor, and waiting as well. I'm guessing the majority of those LEs that ordered on day one are still waiting?

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I ordered an LE the day of the launch from a distributor, and waiting as well. I'm guessing the majority of those LEs that ordered on day one are still waiting?

I ordered my LE 2 or 3 days after launch. I got mine in mid December.

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'm guessing the majority of those LEs that ordered on day one are still waiting?

100% of my day one LE is still undelivered.

“There are dozens of us!”

#5388 3 years ago

I ordered my LE from a large distributor on day one. Still waiting as well. No rush... want the one with all the bugs worked out/fixed issues from the build line @ JJP if any out of box issues are being noted. Glad the ones that are out there are being enjoyed. Excited of course, but not the end of the world waiting for mine. Good luck everyone on waiting for your SE,LE or CE.

#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from pchdetc:

I ordered my LE from a large distributor on day one. Still waiting as well. No rush... want the one with all the bugs worked out/fixed issues from the build line @ JJP if any out of box issues are being noted. Glad the ones that are out there are being enjoyed. Excited of course, but not the end of the world waiting for mine. Good luck everyone on waiting for your SE,LE or CE.

Yep 1st world problems, I'm just reassured by the fact that I'm not the only one waiting that was a day 1 buyer (not that I want the rest of you to wait too haha)

#5390 3 years ago

Picked up my SE today in Toronto. They only received two in the last shipment (no LE or CE). He confirmed that likely no more SE being made until June. Ordered mine in November. Came a lot quicker than I expected.

#5391 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Yep, I was just telling my friend who works for the distributor I bought my game from that at this point I don’t really care about the game anymore and would just as soon get my Funhouse back.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yep, I was just telling my friend who works for the distributor I bought my game from that at this point I don’t really care about the game anymore and would just as soon get my Funhouse back.

It truly is worth the wait. Many state they have a day one order but fortunately for JJP so did 3000 other people lol. It will come soon enough and as a plus any bugs or issues will be fine tuned by that time.

#5393 3 years ago

as a plus any bugs or issues will be fine tuned by that time/ this is good to hear I'm Still waiting patiently

#5394 3 years ago

Guys, how many LEs do you think JJP have sold now.
I placed my order early thinking they would run out...... think I was a little too cautious.

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Guys, how many LEs do you think JJP have sold now.
I placed my order early thinking they would run out...... think I was a little too cautious.

No one really knows. This game goes beyond the typical pinball buyer with vast numbers of G&R fantastic fans out there. Imagine how long you would have to wait if you purchase it today. If you truly want the game you did good Purchasing when you did

3 weeks later
#5396 3 years ago

Has anyone had an Encore award that freezes up?
Was playing today and it just stayed on the Encore screen. Had to reboot the game to clear it...

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Has anyone had an Encore award that freezes up?
Was playing today and it just stayed on the Encore screen. Had to reboot the game to clear it...

I've seen one other report of that, but I thought it was fixed after 1.13 was released. What code are you on?

#5398 3 years ago

I'm on ver 1.4 playing 2 player. In album mode Thirst for Carnage the game rebooted. Major bummer.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've seen one other report of that, but I thought it was fixed after 1.13 was released. What code are you on?

Just installed 1.14 and it happened first game. This game is onsite. So paying customers would be thourouhly pissed.
90977BBC-370D-4EA0-9FBF-BE3FBDCE2898 (resized).jpeg90977BBC-370D-4EA0-9FBF-BE3FBDCE2898 (resized).jpeg

990A4E55-F539-4E4B-886C-D94E709F53F3 (resized).png990A4E55-F539-4E4B-886C-D94E709F53F3 (resized).pngE1FD9085-71A5-40CE-A316-EF6903F7F306 (resized).jpegE1FD9085-71A5-40CE-A316-EF6903F7F306 (resized).jpegD7F547B6-7478-4184-9986-AE1406D2B8B6 (resized).jpegD7F547B6-7478-4184-9986-AE1406D2B8B6 (resized).jpeg6B3277F2-9B80-4546-82B7-934B50D01403 (resized).jpeg6B3277F2-9B80-4546-82B7-934B50D01403 (resized).jpeg9E08DF36-3114-41B1-99C3-1363B28F37EB (resized).jpeg9E08DF36-3114-41B1-99C3-1363B28F37EB (resized).jpeg
#5400 3 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Just installed 1.14 and it happened first game. This game is onsite. So paying customers would be thourouhly pissed.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it would be awesome if my GnR encore played Donkey Kong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/108?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.