pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 111.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have IJ mods as well....who knows maybe its Covid thats causing the shipping delays, but my HMS mod took a month....

Lior changed his shipping to a FEDEX account and usually things arrive in 2-3 days now after it leaves his hands.

#5052 3 years ago

I am in the camp of not liking any of the lockdown bar button options or the shooter skull for that matter.
Frankly I don't think I would be into any skull or flowerbush sculpt. These games are beautiful and to my eye the button and shooter sculpts aren't additive. At least none of the ones I have seen to date. How about a button sculpt like an old school front row ticket to the show torn in half around the button? And a back stage pass for the shooter sculpt?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Lior changed his shipping to a FEDEX account and usually things arrive in 2-3 days now after it leaves his hands.

My experience with Lior is you don't need to worry about shipping to the US. Lior has this dialed. If you like his stuff get it, you won't be disappointed and once it has been made you will get it right away. Also you should know that he is a pinball person and share's our enthusiasm for the hobby and the games.

#5054 3 years ago

Quoted from Gear_Grinder:So I'm not quite sure that I understand the playfield pooling issue fully as described. When I think of pooling it seems like that would happen when there is an excessive amount of the wet coating built up in an area which is allowed to dry. If my thinking is correct why does it from what I understand only happen near a post? Or could it be from a post installed before the coating is dry? Or maybe overtightened to which in both cases would squeeze the coating out and make it appear to be pooling? just trying to better understand as a first time JJP owner waiting for my GNR to arrive so I know what to look for.
Please don't put me in a corner and wear a Dunce Cap!

Can someone help explain the playfield issue better for me please?

#5055 3 years ago

Haven’t you seen all the pictures?

Whether it’s from the clearcoat pooling up around the post or just lifting with the art off the wood, it’s what everyone is calling the issue.

08991C61-F093-42FB-8916-75DDAA6E130A (resized).jpeg08991C61-F093-42FB-8916-75DDAA6E130A (resized).jpeg71AD3DD5-231A-418B-AAB3-B1D5867DB15B (resized).jpeg71AD3DD5-231A-418B-AAB3-B1D5867DB15B (resized).jpegB1BFF1B4-5CC2-44FE-A7E6-53A1ABED8BB2 (resized).jpegB1BFF1B4-5CC2-44FE-A7E6-53A1ABED8BB2 (resized).jpeg
#5056 3 years ago

Lockdown bar buttons are awesome...IF used appropriately. So far I like how it’s used in GNR.

#5057 3 years ago

It does get daunting going through all the patches though. Pretty boring.

#5058 3 years ago

Anyone have a link for the Rule set for GNR??

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from Brkuk:

Anyone have a link for the Rule set for GNR??

Does page 11 in the manual help ? A flow chart. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - under Downloads - under Guns & Roses.

LTG : )

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It does get daunting going through all the patches though. Pretty boring.

Pro tip: you can hold the left flipper and hit the button to get back to a patch you just skipped by accident.

#5062 3 years ago

What if I’m 10 past the one I want? Haha

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t you seen all the pictures?
Whether it’s from the clearcoat pooling up around the post or just lifting with the art off the wood, it’s what everyone is calling the issue. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Chuckwurt, yes I have seen all the pictures and if I understand you correctly "pooling" is just the name given to the issue regardless of what's causing it. It's hard to believe that this would pass QC knowingly!

#5064 3 years ago

Yeah. I don’t think anyone really knows what’s causing it. Pooling was used and it stuck.

#5066 3 years ago

Wow this thread went dark.

#5067 3 years ago

I think the world did in anticipation of the election results

Quoted from Zablon:

Wow this thread went dark.

#5068 3 years ago

Fine, results are. The old rich guy won. Can I get my LE now?

#5069 3 years ago

Does anyone knows if mirror blades are made for this game? If they are, who sells them?

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Does anyone knows if mirror blades are made for this game? If they are, who sells them?

https://cointaker.com/products/jersey-jack-mirror-blades

#5071 3 years ago

Are these the black mirrors that were on the JJP Facebook page?

#5072 3 years ago

Has anyone tried sealing the clear on these holes with superglue?

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are these the black mirrors that were on the JJP Facebook page?

No traditional mirrors.

#5074 3 years ago

Anyone know ship dates for LE yet?

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from Linkboy74:

Anyone know ship dates for LE yet?

Million dollar question....apparently JJP doesn't feel like its necessary to communicate to its customers....its actually quite shocking that its been over a month and nobody has any idea when their getting their game...I'm in on a CE and its been crickets...

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Million dollar question....apparently JJP doesn't feel like its necessary to communicate to its customers....its actually quite shocking that its been over a month and nobody has any idea when their getting their game...I'm in on a CE and its been crickets...

Someday!

#5077 3 years ago

BAC stuff is good, but it's is not near the quality and craftsmanship or Lior's mods. Yeah, Lior is a bit more expensive, but look at the detail in the gun stock and overall coloring, I've purchased many mods from Lior; his creativity and customer support are second to none. Don't get me wrong, BAC is good too, but their not on the same level.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't be surprised if the delays and silence is due to JJP trying to resolve playfield issues.

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't be surprised if the delays and silence is due to JJP trying to resolve playfield issues.

I hope so! I'd rather wait and have a nice playfield, then being rushed and chipped playfield.

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I hope so! I'd rather wait and have a nice playfield, then being rushed and chipped playfield.

I think we all want that, but it still amazes me that JJP finds it completely unnecessary to communicate to its customer base....its been 5 weeks and no official word on delivery schedule? its nuts....

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the JJP delays are because they have never experienced this level of demand and are trying the best they can to fill their orders

#5082 3 years ago

Well one thing is sure, once the issue is resolved and JJP is once again cranking out games, we will read about games being received on Pinside and JJP will likely communicate their plan to distributors and customers by then. We don’t know what is causing the slow rampup but I can think of three potential areas. We know about playfield issues and there could be a parts shortage or some legalese to be resolved. I’ll give them until mid Dec to announce their plans before I get worried.

But I agree it would be a good idea for JJP to tell us something. Even along the lines of we are stopped dead on production but hope to have a resolution by Dec 15. We should know something for certain by Thanksgiving and will report it then. Other stuff is of interest too like how many employees are hired and working at the factory and how many are to come? What’s the status on parts and inventory and are there any issues? Maybe Sir Paul is trying to buy JJP to get the rights back to LALD. LOL who knows?

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well one thing is sure, once the issue is resolved and JJP is once again cranking out games, we will read about games being received on Pinside and JJP will likely communicate their plan to distributors and customers by then. We don’t know what is causing the slow rampup but I can think of three potential areas. We know about playfield issues and there could be a parts shortage or some legalese to be resolved. I’ll give them until mid Dec to announce their plans before I get worried.
But I agree it would be a good idea for JJP to tell us something. Even along the lines of we are stopped dead on production but hope to have a resolution by Dec 15. We should know something for certain by Thanksgiving and will report it then. Other stuff is of interest too like how many employees are hired and working at the factory and how many are to come? What’s the status on parts and inventory and are there any issues? Maybe Sir Paul is trying to buy JJP to get the rights back to LALD. LOL who knows?

Totally agree....its crazy that they find zero need to communicate to its customer base....unfortunately when that happens we start making up shit

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'd say they are more likely at the 'Sand Pit' stage...... taking turns at burying their heads deep in it!
Hoping when they surface, someone else has acquired them a 'get out of jail free card'.

POTC, Wonka now this, nothing new here.....hate to be the pessimist but I think they're up shit creek with these playfields, its a thorn in their side.

As a company, and given the magnitude for failure.....surely JJP would have done rigorous testing on the GnR playfield prior.
Would you just take Mirco's word as gospel that they are 'good to go' given their past efforts?

UK distro is getting 4 LE's in on the 1st shipment, loads more waiting behind this one....thankfully I'm not earmarked for one of the 1st.
I'll be doing watchful waiting to see how those turn out, small community in UK but word travels fast.

I feel sorry for the teams who put all the hard work in. Shortly after release the focus in the community has been on the damn playfields.
Like any big organisation, there's a responsible in charge of production / decisions, that generally means someone has to go.......

I'm sure we've all seen that film Disclosure? Well......

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

based on JJP's history, I'm not shocked at all.

#5086 3 years ago

I'm on the fence here. If you're inclined to comment or vote... please do.
Thanks
Kerry

Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR's LE? (link below)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-rampm-bse-nib-position-556-for-nib-gnr-s-le-position

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm on the fence here. If you're inclined to comment or vote... please do.
Thanks
Kerry
Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR's LE? (link below)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-rampm-bse-nib-position-556-for-nib-gnr-s-le-position

Sold would be my answer. Both are fun GnR is great though. My opinion

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sold would be my answer. Both are fun GnR is great though. My opinion

I haven’t played GNR yet so I shouldn’t have an opinion. R&M is limited to 500. GNR LE 5000. You’ll be able to get a GNR.. it may just take longer.

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I haven’t played GNR yet so I shouldn’t have an opinion. R&M is limited to 500. GNR LE 5000. You’ll be able to get a GNR.. it may just take longer.

Simply comparing what I own and the family enjoys. Both fun just prefer GnR

#5090 3 years ago

Played rick n morty...havent played GNR.... i prefer GNR.

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think the JJP delays are because they have never experienced this level of demand and are trying the best they can to fill their orders

Whether it's too little of demand or too much they can't seem to execute on delivering a game timely.

Another roll of the dice with Mirco pf's and JJP. It's only the entire company fortunes on the line.

Same old JJP. At least we have Stern knocking out 3 per year and hit after hit while we wait

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whether it's too little of demand or too much they can't seem to execute on delivering a game timely.
Another roll of the dice with Mirco pf's and JJP. It's only the entire company fortunes on the line.
Same old JJP. At least we have Stern knocking out 3 per year and hit after hit while we wait

Stern is garage.

Added over 3 years ago:

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern is garage.

That’s a bold statement!

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern is garage.

I wish I had a garage.

#5095 3 years ago

Will we see another game with such a steaming pile of turd for a playfield?.... probably not in this lifetime.

The 2nd hand market on these things is going to be fun to watch in the next 12 months.

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Will we see another game with such a steaming pile of turd for a playfield?.... probably not in this lifetime.
The 2nd hand market on these things is going to be fun to watch in the next 12 months.

Yep....just wait for Sterns next release....

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern is garage.

28 pins in your collection and the one Stern is Dale Jr ? I think you may have an unfair view of Stern.

#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s a bold statement!

But it’s ok for the same old guys to bash JJP? That’s the only reason I comment. I have owned many Sterns.

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol hit after hit? Stranger Things, Beatles, Black Knight SOR, and especially Munsters didn't do well.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

28 pins in your collection and the one Stern is Dale Jr ? I think you may have an unfair view of Stern.

Most are past not present. Look again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/102?hl=linkboy74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.