pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 111.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think it’s a small issue,don’t you?

I think with as few games as have been shipped the fact there is an issue at all is a big deal

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Even if half of the poll votes are fake you still have a huge issue

Its way more that half....guys like u probably voted that have never owned a JJP game nor have any plans to purchase a NIB GNR

#5003 3 years ago

Pinside post of the year. Much appreciated for taking the time to help everyone out.

#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its way more that half....guys like u probably voted that have never owned a JJP game nor have any plans to purchase a NIB GNR

You make a good point. There's probably no problem with the playfields at all. Mods can now close this thread.

The poll is silly, yes, but there is still clearly a problem.

#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You make a good point. There's probably no problem with the playfields at all. Mods can now close this thread.
The poll is silly, yes, but there is still clearly a problem.

Theres definitely an issue with some of these play fields, but surmising anything of substance from the poll is silly.

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Theres definitely an issue with some of these play fields, but surmising anything of substance from the poll is silly.

Sample size is too small, and it's from Pinside users only.

As outlandish as it may seem, some people buy pins without coming here. I've met them!

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As outlandish as it may seem, some people buy pins without coming here. I've met them!

We need pictures of said people or it Didn't happen!

#5008 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think with as few games as have been shipped the fact there is an issue at all is a big deal

I will put this on my SHORT list of my concerns?

#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Totally agree....clearly theres an issue that hopefully JJP corrects, but the data means nothing. What I'm more curious about is what JJP is doing with the few customers that are affected.

#5010 3 years ago

I just heard from my distributor. He chatted with JJP yesterday. Saying Feb- March deliveries should give them time to work some issues out.

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I myself did not vote as for other I can not speak for them. Remember if there are many fake votes for the game has issues than there are going to be many fake votes for all is good

#5013 3 years ago

This got me thinking Yelobird

Say a manufacturer’s process yields X% of bad playfields and those playfields are defective because the wood, ink and clear coat are not bonding, sound familiar? There is no true way to repair that playfield short of sanding off the art and printing again. However a lot of people have populated playfield in their machine with these issues. You have outlined an easy solution that patches the area well enough to keep the problem away for a long time. Your fix is to apply heat and pressure by ironing away and flattening the clearcoat back into place. So while your solution does not prevent the problem, it patches, improves and cleans up the cosmetics well enough to hold.

My Idea - JJP to add one step to their process in Chicago to pretreat the problem post areas. Worker grabs iron and heats all post areas prior to using to add confidence in the adhesion and to “prevent” pooling that would otherwise likely occur. Or better yet, they could treat entire playfield by putting it in a huge sandwich press before assembly. Whichever way, then playfield is built up next and these common problems are avoided.

Having the manufacturer fix their process is the best solution but that appears elusive. So JJP could introduce an interim step to their assembly and keep their playfields free of observable issues.

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My Idea - JJP to add one step to their process in Chicago to pretreat the problem post areas. Worker grabs iron and heats all post areas prior to confirm the adhesion and to “prevent” pooling that would otherwise likely occur.

Heating does not do this. It only flattens the "built up/pooled" areas. Applying heat to an already flat spot has ONLY the possibility for damage.

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Remember if there are many fake votes for the game has issues than there are going to be many fake votes for all is good

Depends on the number of Stern fans vs JJP fans. I'd guess there are a lot more Stern fans on here than JJP fans simply because there are more Stern games available.

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This got me thinking yelobird
Say a manufacturer’s process yields X% of bad playfields and those playfields are defective because the wood, ink and clear coat are not bonding, sound familiar? There is no true way to repair that playfield short of sanding off the art and printing again. However a lot of people have populated playfield in their machine with these issues. You have outlined an easy solution that patches the area well enough to keep the problem away for a long time. Your fix is to apply heat and pressure by ironing away and flattening the clearcoat back into place. So while your solution does not prevent the problem, it patches, improves and cleans up the cosmetics well enough to hold.
My Idea - JJP to add one step to their process in Chicago to pretreat the problem post areas. Worker grabs iron and heats all post areas prior to using to add confidence in the adhesion and to “prevent” pooling that would otherwise likely occur. Or better yet, they could treat entire playfield by putting it in a huge sandwich press before assembly. Whichever way, then playfield is built up next and these common problems are avoided.
Having the manufacturer fix their process is the best solution but that appears elusive. So JJP could introduce an interim step to their assembly and keep their playfields free of observable issues.

Interesting theory no doubt. No answer on if that would work personally. What I do think would be a for certain value added is to at the very least simply produce and install the mylar circles (washers) to each post area Before assembly! Likely a post Won't dig into Mylar as it will CC. Seems that would add additional strength to that area and keep a uniform pull on that surface. One call from Jack and I'll even make as many as they need No Charge if it helps deliver some confidence to buyers. Could have it done it one day.

#5017 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

The ce playfield has a stunning, really nice glitter/sparkle print on the playfield which is the best playfield art concept I have seen so far. Same for the radcals with the mirror finish. Only these two things would make the ce worth it!

How is the quality of the CE playfield? Should we expect pooling/chipping? What is your plan to resolve the issues with the LE and SE playfields in peoples homes that have issues?

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Saying Feb- March deliveries should give them time to work some issues out.

CE playfields have been made and are either in stock or on the way over. If they 'remake' any PF, it will take at least 13 weeks to properly cure the clear.

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

CE playfields have been made and are either in stock or on the way over. If they 'remake' any PF, it will take at least 13 weeks to properly cure the clear.

Good point I was just referencing my LE timeline. Has to be some cost involved with remaking as well I would suppose.

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Depends on the number of Stern fans vs JJP fans. I'd guess there are a lot more Stern fans on here than JJP fans simply because there are more Stern games available.

This is what I’ve never understood why Stern fans would bother to comment on something their not intending to be involved in?

#5021 3 years ago

Wow u take a little break and the fanboys don't disappoint.

The "stern army" is manipulating the PF polls

Without pictures its not happening and of course its no big deal at all.

and my favorite, unless u own a JJP game ur not allowed an opinion as u will never own one anyway.

I personally don't care about a little pooling or even a small chip but man the bullshit in strong in here.

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

and my favorite, unless u own a JJP game ur not allowed an opinion as u will never own one anyway.
I personally don't care about a little pooling or even a small chip but man the bullshit in strong in here.

I'm guessing by how many posts you have "in here''....., you love shit!

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The only poll i care about is in the cashbox

We received our NIB GnR SE yesterday and I will be unboxing it when I get back to my arcade tomorrow. I want to take pics of the playfield to see what it will look like in a week as I expect 250 - 300 plays in the first week. The flipper rubbers are concerning but I'm just going to replace them with black or titans.

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm guessing by how many posts you have "in here''....., you love shit!

Yes. I loving calling people out on their shit, its easy in JJP threads especially. Romulick and the boys are like a huge Manure Pit just waiting for someone like me who really knows their shit.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is what I’ve never understood why Stern fans would bother to comment on something their not intending to be involved in?

So damn true!!!

#5027 3 years ago

So I'm not quite sure that I understand the playfield pooling issue fully as described. When I think of pooling it seems like that would happen when there is an excessive amount of the wet coating built up in an area which is allowed to dry. If my thinking is correct why does it from what I understand only happen near a post? Or could it be from a post installed before the coating is dry? Or maybe overtightened to which in both cases would squeeze the coating out and make it appear to be pooling? just trying to better understand as a first time JJP owner waiting for my GNR to arrive so I know what to look for.

Please don't put me in a corner and wear a Dunce Cap!

#5029 3 years ago

HaHa love the hat brother it is colorful.I guess I’m just secure enough in my manhood to be able to play such a pretty pinball machine.I did feel more macho playing my AC/DC Luci!

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

So I'm not quite sure that I understand the playfield pooling issue fully as described. When I think of pooling it seems like that would happen when there is an excessive amount of the wet coating built up in an area which is allowed to dry. If my thinking is correct why does it from what I understand only happen near a post? Or could it be from a post installed before the coating is dry? Or maybe overtightened to which in both cases would squeeze the coating out and make it appear to be pooling? just trying to better understand as a first time JJP owner waiting for my GNR to arrive so I know what to look for.
Please don't put me in a corner and wear a Dunce Cap!

No way dude the dunce hat is only for one special JJP troll.

#5031 3 years ago

Wonka is a great game

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wonka is a great game

You must be a sissy man like me?

#5033 3 years ago

#5035 3 years ago

Matt at BackAlleyCreations for the win again. Was hoping he would release his master affordable creations! Ordered and ready to install. Love it. Well done Matt!

C7551AC7-0DA2-4033-85ED-4E60CB9BC2D3 (resized).pngC7551AC7-0DA2-4033-85ED-4E60CB9BC2D3 (resized).png
#5036 3 years ago

I like the Lior version.

received_3490687731016650 (resized).jpegreceived_3490687731016650 (resized).jpeg
#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I like the Lior version.
[quoted image]

Going to have to agree with you.

Both look cool though.

Link on how to buy the one your showing?

#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I like the Lior version.
[quoted image]

I like the Lior version as well, just by a "tiny bit", but not $100 extra like it. So for that reason, I'll go with Backalleycreations. Can't justify spending an extra $100 when they both look very similar, and honestly, as I type this, BAC is growing on me more and more and starting to like it more. It looks bigger than Lior's as well...Which is a plus!

#5040 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I like the Lior version as well, just by a "tiny bit", but not $100 extra like it. So for that reason, I'll go with Backalleycreations. Can't justify spending an extra $100 when they both look very similar, and honestly, as I type this, BAC is growing on me more and more and starting to like it more. It looks bigger than Lior's as well...Which is a plus!

I agree, especially with price difference.

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

As the creator for both on the CE I like the fact that he is releasing this for LE and SE buyers. I believe he will be doing the CE shooter housing also soon which would be Awesome. Rather like what he did there.

#5042 3 years ago

Maybe it's because I don't like an action button on the lockbar to begin with, and I probably should've already learned from the hideous shit that people stack on top of their backboxes, but I can't believe how many people like to tape plastic* crap onto their lockdown bars.

(* to acknowledge the "it's hand-painted resin!" crowd.)

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Maybe it's because I don't like an action button on the lockbar to begin with, and I probably should've already learned from the hideous shit that people stack on top of their backboxes, but I can't believe how many people like to tape plastic* crap onto their lockdown bars.
(* to acknowledge the "it's hand-painted resin!" crowd.)

Lighten up man!

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree, especially with price difference.

Especially not having to deal with the shipping drama .... take forever to arrive in the states

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As the creator for both on the CE I like the fact that he is releasing this for LE and SE buyers. I believe he will be doing the CE shooter housing also soon which would be Awesome. Rather like what he did there.

I didn't know that....my bet is he developed this a long time ago and JJP decided to go with the other version on the CE....

#5046 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Especially not having to deal with the shipping drama .... take forever to arrive in the states

Didn't know this, where does Lior ship from?

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Israel

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Israel. When I ordered things from him for IJ in the past it was surprisingly fast and he was a joy to interact with. They both do look cool IMO.

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I didn't know that....my bet is he developed this a long time ago and JJP decided to go with the other version on the CE....

You are correct thats why I said I appreciate that he is offering "this" version. I love what he did on the CE so these will be perfectly fitting for the LE and SE.

#5050 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Israel. When I ordered things from him for IJ in the past it was surprisingly fast and he was a joy to interact with. They both do look cool IMO.

I have IJ mods as well....who knows maybe its Covid thats causing the shipping delays, but my HMS mod took a month....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/101?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.