ramp1 (resized).jpg
s-l1600_(11)_(resized).jpg
s-l1600_(12)_(resized).jpg
IMG_1732_(resized).JPG
c79a8b0aec4df8a566633e255ab06e20537fc199_(resized).jpg
81600cf537cf72c6771616f89829183893d2402d_(resized).jpg
772fdf8f0d8d8d45900fcd49ea70841a726b5d3a_(resized).jpg
82f07dc025c2030a5582f4627a9fcad69f8362c2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highwaystarr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

One of the versions of the chrome wireform ramp is the same as the black wireform.
There are actually 3 different versions of the wireform launch ramp (pics attached below):
Version 1: Black wireform that goes over "R" ramp
Version 2: Chrome wireform that goes over "R" ramp
Version 3: Shorter chrome wireform that goes under "R" ramp (with modified VUK wireform)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Resurrecting this thread because its still pretty relevant to newer GNR owners who don't know about the 3 different versions and I also have a question regarding possibly combining 2 of the different versions together:

I am guessing the answer is NO, but has anyone ever successfully been able to combine a Version 3 VUK wireform with Version 1 or 2 "over the R" launch ramp wireform??? To my naked eye it looks like it MIGHT work but it also looks like it might not. It looks real close.

I currently have my Version 1 wireform adjusted to where the balls rarely get stuck anymore but it does still happen occasionally. I'm hesitant to pull out my current VUK wireform and try it because its so tedious getting readjusted again. Every time I've ever had to remove and reinstall in the past , it's a real pain in the a$$.

Thanks
Mike

ramp1 (resized).jpgramp1 (resized).jpgramp2 (resized).jpgramp2 (resized).jpgramp3 (resized).jpgramp3 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What would be the point of replacing the v1 VUK wireform? You're getting balls stuck there, not the launch wireform?

Nah .... BUT when the version 1 VUK throws a ball back into the launch ramps corner I've occasionally seen the ball hit awkwardly and fall down to the bottom of the out hole kicker instead of proceeding thru the sharp left turn towards the playfield as its supposed to do. ESPECIALLY during multi ball when several balls are being thrown out of VUK AND launched and coming up ramp at the exact same time. Collisions easily happen and that will also push balls backward instead of forward . My theory is by rerouting the VUK the other direction I will have a much less chance of this happening as by combining both version I will have two separate paths for the launch and VUK.

I can pretty much launch balls all day via the outhole kicker without any issues of the ball making it up the ramp , My issue seems to come from the VUK throwing balls into launched balls simultaneously as I described already. Does that make sense?

Obviously switching to version 3 VUK AND the version 3 launch wire form is the best way to fix my problem, but I don't have one of those and honestly I really like the look and style of the black version 1 I have better anyway ..... I do have a version 3 VUK wire form and am just wondering if it would work.

This isn't really a big issue for me but it would be nice to never have to worry about it . Perhaps ill just tuck the spare ver 3 VUK away until I come across an under the R version 3 wireform, but that may take a long while =)

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I just made a new back panel and lowered the habitrail hole per the bulletin

Yep.. did that too. Again this is not a major issue for me . Just wondering if it will work

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highwaystarr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-habitrail?tu=highwaystarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.