ramp1 (resized).jpg
s-l1600_(11)_(resized).jpg
s-l1600_(12)_(resized).jpg
IMG_1732_(resized).JPG
c79a8b0aec4df8a566633e255ab06e20537fc199_(resized).jpg
81600cf537cf72c6771616f89829183893d2402d_(resized).jpg
772fdf8f0d8d8d45900fcd49ea70841a726b5d3a_(resized).jpg
82f07dc025c2030a5582f4627a9fcad69f8362c2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Hey gang ,
Just got a GNR and I have the problem with the black habitrail and balls not making it up.
Anyone know the best fix. Stronger coil? Any replacement habitrails left out there?
Thanks!
Dave

Make sure the coil is hitting the ball square. Do the adjustments as outlined in the service bullletin #64 (On ipdb.org). Stronger coil after all that. That habittrail (Any of the 3 versions) are hard to come by, and can be expensive. I would do the adjustments in order of (making sure it is square, stronger coil, and lastly the bulletin (since it involves some drilling)

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

GN'R have been bugging me with their launch ramp for years. Great game, but having the hang ups every now and then (mostly during Paradise City multiball) really sucks.
I did all of those suggestions you mention, including the service bulletin which involved lowering the back of the ramp and drilling new holes in the backboard. To no avail. Nothing helps, balls keep getting stuck in the shooter lane. Sometimes 6 in a row. Someone suggested removing the black "plastic" from the ramp, sandblasting it to chrome but that would look awful. It needs to be black. Someone else suggested lowering the back of the game, but I need my games at 6.5 degrees minimum or I'll fall asleep.
I have also replaced the coil with a new one (same rating), no dice. So all that remains to try is a stronger coil. Any part# suggestions for that?

A quick search turns up a 22-500 coil instead of the 22-600.

It was a pretty bad design error by DE to not have a switch at the top of the ramp that would let the game know when the ball had cleared.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If anyone has one of those replacement habitrails hit me up. Will pay top dollar. This themes is a keeper for me.
Thanks

Keep an eye on eBay too. They pop up every once in a great while. If you have trade bait, that may help too. They tend to go for big bucks, 300+ easily.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So can the black be stripped and re done?

I don't see why not, so long as the original coating can be removed somehow.

#27 8 years ago

Version 3 would need to include a new VUK as well.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, the VUK throws it up and basically lands on the backstage pass insert. Which I really don't know what that even does. Seems like it was ment for something that never got done. Launching the ball hard, makes the ball go around the back and along the left loop to the upper flipper. Not sure if there is a skill shot for the upper loop on the plunge or not. I had one with stage 3 entrance, but didn't dabble with it enough to know if the software has stuff like that programmed in.

That VUK is my biggest gripe with the stage 3 stuff. It is simply awful, and obviously had zero thought put into it at all.

1 week later
#60 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I own one of his old ones and never have this problem either.

Neither have I. Granted I did have to make adjustments when I first got the game about 10 years ago, but I did buy a non-working GnR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-habitrail?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.