• Latest reply 3 months ago by dave-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Guns-grip (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Having trouble getting the grips off. I removed both bolts on left side but the grips still won't come off

#2 7 years ago

I assume this is because you are replacing them with actual gun grips
There are two screws holding them on from the inside.
The gun assembly is two pieces that come together in a seam right down the middle.
On the lower portion there is a screw on both sides that is holding the grip on from the inside.

There are two ways to do this basically.

1) You can take the entire gun off which you will have to by unbolting it from the inside of the cabinet.

2) The easier way is to just pry them off. This is what I did. The original grips are soft enough plastic that they didn't break. I popped mine off with a flat head screw driver. The screw just came out of them and they cave right off without damaging the original grip. To get the screws out (which you will need to do to put actual gun grips on), place a flat head screw driver between the two halves of the can to pry them open just a tad, so the screws fall out. When you screw the new grip on it will tighten it back up.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
I could probably take some pictures tomorrow to walk you though it.
If need be, let me know.
Cheers
Kent

#3 7 years ago

Yes pics would be helpful! Thanks!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

just pry them off

Yikes - this made my butt pucker a bit.

Take the gun off. Takes 5 minutes. Remove the six carriage bolts, remove the two screws on the left of the gun (one in the grip, one above the trigger) and that's it. Then each grip has one screw on the back securing it to the frame.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Yikes - this made my butt pucker a bit.
Take the gun off. Takes 5 minutes. Remove the six carriage bolts, remove the two screws on the left of the gun (one in the grip, one above the trigger) and that's it. Then each grip has one screw on the back securing it to the frame.

I know it sounds pretty savage, but its actually non destructive.

#6 7 years ago

Remove the gun grip properly by lifting the playfield to maintenance position and unbolting the handle from the inside of the cabinet, so you can place it on a bench to remove the side bolts. Do not pry with a screwdriver. If you break it, you be wishing you had not, because you will be hard pressed to find a replacement.

4 years later
#7 2 years ago

Where can I get a placement gun grip?

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Remove the gun grip properly by lifting the playfield to maintenance position and unbolting the handle from the inside of the cabinet, so you can place it on a bench to remove the side bolts. Do not pry with a screwdriver. If you break it, you be wishing you had not, because you will be hard pressed to find a replacement.

8 months later
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

Where can I get a placement gun grip?

Hey,

I need replacement gun grips as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am also looking for a lockdown bar for this widebody. I hope somenone can help.

Bob

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

Hey,
I need replacement gun grips as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I am also looking for a lockdown bar for this widebody. I hope somenone can help.
Bob

For grips, easiest route is probably to get a pair of Ruger Blackhawk grips and modify their mountings to fit.

Discussion/examples in the Guns N’ Roses Mods thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-mods

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

Hey,
Bob

http://www.riograndecustomgrips.com/rugernewvaquerogrips.html

1 year later
#11 3 months ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

Hey,
Bob

I got these great looking grips from https://gungrip.com/ruger50thanniversaryblackhawk357grips.aspx and had them sent to me in Switzerland.. They look great and only needed small modification to make them fit perfectly. One of the original black grip halfs was missing, so I needed a relacement for a reasonable price. cost 50 USD, + 20 USD shipping international. Really happy with the result, the white handles really make a statement and are a definite upgrade to the plain black ones that come with the machine.

Guns-grip (resized).jpgGuns-grip (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gun-grips?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.