(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tronguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1304 4 years ago

Joined the club an hour ago.

1BAF33B9-F7C0-4164-8455-3AB22042B05B (resized).jpeg1BAF33B9-F7C0-4164-8455-3AB22042B05B (resized).jpeg2CD15561-C0D5-4B2E-AA7A-E98A5465849E (resized).jpeg2CD15561-C0D5-4B2E-AA7A-E98A5465849E (resized).jpeg
#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

U might be back in the club if they make the new GnR

I may be a dual member if that happens.

#1313 4 years ago

I have seen a couple of things referenced maybe some of you guys can help me.

Pinsound board. Is this a "must have", sounds like it would be cool. Also, if so, where can I get one?

Next, new ramps I see guys talking about them, where can I buy them?

thanks everybody

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

As for the new ramp set for GnR it's a nice guy name Freeplay40 that makes them are they are great I got a set ,he might have some left over not sure but you can look him up on here
Thanks

will do, thanks.

I found the pinsound website.

1 month later
#1338 4 years ago

I have a couple of questions.

I bought all of the cliffys. It looks like they (or some knockoff), are already installed at the lower part of my yellow ramp?

I assume the yellow ramp needs to come completely off for the cliffy ramp part. I think this stupid nut (pictured), is the main one holding me back. How are you guys getting this one off?

Is my right yellow ramp post incorrect? I saw a picture that looks different than mine.

Edit: i got the ramp out, but this thing needs to be shopped. So I am going to order new rubbers , and do this all at once.

67E6FEAE-34C9-4977-B18E-ACCF7C8BBDDC (resized).jpeg67E6FEAE-34C9-4977-B18E-ACCF7C8BBDDC (resized).jpegDC108E33-23D2-4A14-9B6D-B9AB37853CD7 (resized).jpegDC108E33-23D2-4A14-9B6D-B9AB37853CD7 (resized).jpeg

#1343 4 years ago

thanks guys.

this baby is going to be SWEET in a week or so.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the help. Don’t have the capacity to do board work but it would be helpful to isolate the issue. I may end up having to buy a new board. I am trying to see if a friend will try the board in his GnR. Jim

A solder reflow is a 10-40 minute job max. Probably closer to 10 minutes. Let someone try to do that for you (if you don't solder), before buying a new board.
(if you have a local enough guy to lend a hand).

good luck!

#1364 4 years ago

Geez, 5 hours and I’ve installed all but 1 cliffy, and half of the new rubbers.

And.....my freaking gate that lets the ball into the snake pit doesn't have room to open and close.

But, I made progress, haha.

I am only guessing, but it probably took me 2 hours to get those freakin cliffys on the yellow ramp.

#1365 4 years ago

Best fucking part, I cant get the fucking yellow ramp door to open and close so I do some tweaking to it.

All done, new rubbers, wax it.

Apparently my adjustment to make that door able to work had the yellow ramp too high. Shattered the piece of shit when re installing the glass.

EB4FE90C-A7F1-4E11-8C63-079F055437B4 (resized).jpegEB4FE90C-A7F1-4E11-8C63-079F055437B4 (resized).jpeg
#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Oh man that is brutal!!!! That’s the worst I am sorry to see that! There are repro ramps around for sure, can ou even play it in that condition?

Nope. I may be able to glue it so I can play it, but I still have the issue of the door on that ramp not opening and closing.

#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I fixed him up.

Yes he did, thanks!

I have the new ramp in my possession. I assume some of the gate parts are riveted? So I need to drill them out and re-rivet them back into the new ramp?

Also does anyone sell the slash sticker that goes on the ramp? Mine is reusable, but a new one would be nice.

#1374 4 years ago

Well my rivets wouldn't fit through both pieces of metal and the ramp so I used small bolts.

This is as close as I am going to get.

Edit: good thing I used bolts instead of rivets here. Loosening the screws are helping me line things up.
Updated pic later.

BF093D16-7528-429B-9F1B-4F5E0B6891AE (resized).jpegBF093D16-7528-429B-9F1B-4F5E0B6891AE (resized).jpeg

#1375 4 years ago

New ramp installed.

Door still has no room to open/close, but that problem is for another day.

725CA9F1-FDE5-42A6-8A7D-991EA7E5696E (resized).jpeg725CA9F1-FDE5-42A6-8A7D-991EA7E5696E (resized).jpegD7D3DF0F-C3EC-4E12-BD42-A623D05C241B (resized).jpegD7D3DF0F-C3EC-4E12-BD42-A623D05C241B (resized).jpeg
#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

From.the pics, I am guessing it's the locknut and washer, and it's hitting the black habit trail.

yep and adjusting that got me into a situation where I destroyed my original ramp (after spending hours cliffy-ing it up)

I'm leaving for CAX tomorrow, so I will deal with it some time after I get back.

does someone sell the slash sticker?

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I am in sac, and have offered to help.I got mine working great, I can assist if needed.

I remember you offering (thank you)

I will be hitting you up at some point

2 weeks later
#1398 4 years ago

Hey so my new left ramp gets some "fliers", meaning the ball is traveling so fast it jumps through the ramp into the upper part of the cab and doesn't spin the way you may expect.

Admittedly, I was fortunate and got a repro ramp that was defined as "a second", though it looks fantastic. It is awesome.

I am thinking of putting a "lid" on the ramp right around the front half.

I would appreciate any insight/advice, etc.

2 weeks later
#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Question. How can I stop the ball flying off the g ramp? It’s a new ramp and put it on and lots of air balls coming off of it. I know it’s steep. But ugh. Maybe because I didn’t put the glass on it. Also shooter. 3 out of 10 will not complete the ramp to the pops! Any suggestions.

My new ramp does this as well. I just went and bought some polycarbonate/plastic today.
I am going to build a partial “lid” to go onto the ramp. I could probably make 2. I will report back after I get a chance to make them.

1 week later
#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Question. How can I stop the ball flying off the g ramp? It’s a new ramp and put it on and lots of air balls coming off of it. I know it’s steep. But ugh. Maybe because I didn’t put the glass on it. Also shooter. 3 out of 10 will not complete the ramp to the pops! Any suggestions.

Quoted from TronGuy:

My new ramp does this as well. I just went and bought some polycarbonate/plastic today.
I am going to build a partial “lid” to go onto the ramp. I could probably make 2. I will report back after I get a chance to make them.

Well I will start by saying I bought a "factory second" ramp at a lower price. There were no more G ramps for sale, so I was happy to get anything after shattering my ramp.

I spent around an hour today cutting a piece and testing it as a lid to the G ramp to stop air balls. Without the lid the air balls are 100% with my right flipper. The left flipper just runs through the ramp as it should.

NO LUCK unfortunately. No matter where I position my "lid" on the ramp, the ball is attempting to be an air ball and loses too much steam when it hits the lid. I tried 250 times and never got a ball to travel through the G ramp with either flipper.

This is a $2 investment and a mickey mouse attempt at a fix. (though it did look good).

I may try to build something that isn't flush with the ramp so the ball doesn't get slowed down by the lid. Maybe recessed off of the ramp a couple of inches, but in a position that forces the ball into traveling through the ramp, vs up into the snake spin.

Oh and I still haven't figured out how to get my slash door to open and close yet. haha. I just can't get the ramps in a reasonable position .

I'm almost over it and going to list t his thing.

8 months later
#1762 3 years ago

Goofy question here everyone.

Is there a trick to getting the side rails off of GnR? I only see 2 screws, I removed them but it doesn't want to come off.

I feel like its going to rip wood or paint/art if I force it. Am I missing something?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Putty knife & blow dryer, my game has the 2 screws & double stick tape. Just go really slow with the heat, a little at a time. Also run a piece of painters tape tight under rail along cabinet to protect artwork. John

That is what it feels like. Why would there be double-sided tape there?

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Why are you taking them off? Just curious.

Because I have a new stern set from batman66. They appear to be a perfect match. I was going to replace them.

#1770 3 years ago

They are all black

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Nice! I just spent 2-1/2 re-doing my GNR. So pretty much everything is new now. Got to know the game pretty well. Is your game in good shape?

Best One I’ve ever seen.

I was going To add a set of hand wear protectors as well. The clear mylar style.

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I did black mirror blades, awesome look, near the bottom of page 34 on this thread are some pics of my game.

Looks awesome! Nice job on that.

#1779 3 years ago

Yes the hand wear protectors and easy on, easy off.

For the record:
The stern batman66 rails are NOT a perfect fit. About 1/4” too long, and maybe 1/16th-1/8th of an inch too short on how they hang down the side of the cab. I didn’t change them. Just installed the hand wear protectors.

6 months later
#2095 3 years ago

Not sure if this is inappropriate or accepted...I have 2 - 100% functional dmds.

One from my GnR, one from my Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I think they are interchangeable, someone correct me if not.

I am not looking to get rich, but would like to make a few bucks from them to offset the color dmd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tronguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=tronguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.