(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

I should have one within the next couple of weeks. I couldn't find one in nice shape within 500 mikes of here, so i am going to have to have one shipped. I played it for the first time at PAGG and decided I had to have one. I didn't know they were this expensive, or I may not have played it.
I will post back here when I get it. I am interested in hearing about mods for it as well. I think a shaker would be great, but I haven't been able to find any info about it searching here.

#33 10 years ago

Does anyone know what is takes to add a shaker motor to this pin?

#35 10 years ago

I think the one at PAGG had that one on it. I don't remember if it looked that way in person, but in the ebay pic, the girl's panties look to be drawn on (the one on the left). Makes it look a little funky to me.

1 month later
#65 10 years ago

I have had my GnR for a couple of weeks now, and I like it even more every time I play it. It is just pure fun. The magnets during multiball are incredible! I wasn't expecting to see a ball come down the playfiield, stop, then rocket back up the playfield. I just wasn't prepared for it at all. I had one game where the magnets were just mean...just dragged every ball SDTM.

I got close to 1 billion on one game, and that game was incredibly fun. This game is brutal though. I get way more drains down the right outlane on this than I do on STTNG.

3 months later
#114 10 years ago

I had my first billion point game last night, and I have owned the game for 6 months. I definitely miss a lot of scoring opportunities when I play. I was on the last mode before Riot when I finished the game last night. I am not a great player at all, but this game seems to be brutal at times. I can hit the axl hole almost every time the ball touches the flipper...unless I am in axl 3 ball. With the magnets on, I have only managed to get in there once ever. lol

1 month later
#142 10 years ago

That is a definite improvement. That is really exactly what mine needs now. I have LEDs and and LED OCD to smooth out the lights, but it is still really hard to see a lot of areas.

7 months later
#183 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

For led's, does anyone else have problems with strobing in the slings/flipper area? I tried the SMD comet led's and the strobing is more than I can take. Normally I don't have issues with strobing at all with the newer LED's, so it's a little strange for me. Btw, I did get my speaker panel thing figured out I think.

Hopefully there will be a GI OCD for DE games one of these days, but nothing yet. If you light up the game more with spotlights and LED strips like pinballbulbs does in their kits, it is definitely less noticeable. It hardly ever bothers me now, and it was almost painful before I changed to their kit. The LED OCD is great in this machine to smooth out the insert LEDs.

4 months later
#332 9 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I started to restore the red on a GNR.
Painting with acrylic paint, going to spray on some clear coat when done.

IMG_20150210_141015.jpg 159 KB

IMG_20150210_140958.jpg 179 KB

That looks really nice. If you ever get to Reno, feel free to stop by and add some paint to my No Fear.

#339 9 years ago

It is a setting in the menu to display the preview of the upcoming game.

6 months later
#373 8 years ago

Although I would really like to see it, I think it is doubtful. Slash is all about live performances, and I think it is pretty safe to say that Axl is a studio musician at this point. He will spend years massaging an album, while Slash is more prone to just recording a live session.

2 months later
#387 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any tips on installing the green LED strip under the snake? Mine is about to arrive and its the first thing I want to do! Any help would be appreciated.

Just make sure it is back far enough that you can't see the bare light from any angle. Mine was a little too far forward, and the first time I sat on a stool, I could see it.

3 months later
#455 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

http://www.pinsound.org
Here is a video of mine...now tell me you don't want this, customize anything!
Plus, you can also sell your original board off for a good price to offset the cost of this board (which is what I did- no need for it!)
» YouTube video

I never thought about selling the old board, and that would definitely help. How much did you sell yours for? I really have no idea what used boards sell for. thanks.

4 weeks later
#474 8 years ago

Is the mounting on this different than Stern pins? My GnR is for sale, but I would like to try it with my Metallica CDMD before it sells.

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What are the must have mods?

The color dmd will likely be a must have. I think a shaker is the best mod you can add. The code is already there, you just need to install a shaker.

I was really set to sell mine, but now I kinda want to see this cdmd. Hard decisions.

3 months later
#550 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

So i got a shaker from a jurasic park and the shaker board from Marco. I had my guy put it in, as its a little outta my paygrade. The shaker only hits at ball launches, so literally when you start a ball abd on multiball it will hit each time a ball is sent back into play. He said he followed the wiring diagram from the manual and that what it does. I guess my question is, when should the shaker engage? There is a setting where it asks if it is prototype, does that have to be set to yes?
Any help would be appreciated!

There are step by step instructions in the Gnr mods thread. The shaker is actually used quite a bit in this game. It does not need to be set to proto. The Japanese release of the game included a shaker, so the code is there.

1 year later
#728 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Hoping to pick one of these up. But the guy wants 10,500 Canadian. It's signed by slash and has colour dmd and topper. Couple other upgrades as well. A bit steep. But I want it so bad ! A bit pricey tho?

I don't think I have heard of one selling for that much. That is $7873 USD. If it is fully restored, maybe? I think $6k is pretty much the high end on these. If I am wrong, and they are worth more than that, I would think about selling mine to help fund an MMr.

That being said, if it is really nice, and you really want one, they don't come up all that often, and it is a fun game.

3 weeks later
#741 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Game is looking and playing great!! Has anybody used an led kit for there gnr? Seems I have a couple options, cointaker or pinballbulbs,they both have a few options to choose from...any pointers or examples one might have would be appreciated? . Pinballbulbs example pic looks great but very purple,which might be fine I guess.

I have the pinballbulbs kit in mine, and I really like it. Every pbb kit is going to look purple in the pics. They use purple in the spotlights. They use purple instead of white so the spotlights don't wash out the playfield artwork. The purple makes it look really good in person, and I just notice the artwork, not the purple light. Pics of LEDs never do them justice, but the purple hue seen in the pics just doesn't look like that in person.

1 month later
#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

So as a first time data east owner I'm a little frustrated with the menu. I would like to know how to open up the expanded adjustments. I have switched from no to yes but I haven't seen where the expanded section is. Are there adjustments for ball save and can the magnets be turned off or do you have to unplug them? Also I would like to know the best settings for tournament play. Thanks!

Why would you want to turn off the magnets? that is one of the best parts of the game.

Sorry, can't help on the menu. I set mine to freeplay a few years ago, and haven't been in there since.

1 month later
#784 6 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I am on the list for a reproduction playfield, as a parts hoarder. I think I should just keep my early production playfield in as long as possible. I am looking for 4-5 more people who want yellow G ramps. Apparently, the yellow plastic is a pain to get right, so Mark wants to make a few at the same time. If you PM me, I'll see if I can front a 5 yellow G ramp order to keep his risk down. Don't want to cause trouble for a critical man in the GNR ecosystem!

I am not able to get one right now, but I hope this is something that is available in a year or two.

9 months later
#887 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m thinking of buying this speaker kit that’s on eBay https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Pro-Speaker-kit-for-Data-East-Guns-N-Roses-Tommy-pinball-machine-/263813834756
but I want to keep the original music so not interested in pinsound. Has anyone installed these speakers into their game and is it a worthwhile exercise?

I have the Flipper Fidelity set in mine, which are pretty comparable to the Pinball Pro. I think it was an excellent upgrade. The pin sounds great.

1 month later
#935 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve had this machine for 10 years and did not know that. Is there one that’s preferred or one that is more common?
Mine feeds the pop bumpers.

I like revision one, but they can be a pain to get and keep the adjustment to work reliably. The guy I bought mine from set it perfect. I want to set the pitch of my machine steeper, but it breaks the adjustment, and I don’t want to lose what I have now. Lol

4 months later
#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from HomieDaChief:

Greetings. Hope there's room for one more fan. I purchased my GnR's pin over 7 years ago (for $500) and have been "restoring" it ever since. I worked on it when I had both the time and the money. It's now complete (I think) and 100% operational (I'm sure). It was a long haul but worth it.
I appreciate the expertise you all shared in this forum. I read your postings multiple times, took notes, and applied what I learned. I wanted to make the repairs myself and learn something completely new. Unfortunately, I failed to document my restoration. Just didn't think of it.
Next, I'd like to add a mod. Since I'm 25 miles east of St Louis I'd like to start with the "St Louis Riot" mod if I can find one.
Again, thanks for sharing your expertise.
Welcome to the Jungle Baby...

The two best mods (in my opinion, of course) are the color dmd and adding a shaker. Both of those make the game seem right at home next to games that are 20 years newer.

4 months later
#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Joined the club an hour ago.[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately, I left the club an hour ago.

Enjoy!

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I may be a dual member if that happens.

If you do, please let me know some I can come visit this one and try out the new one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 78.50
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,693 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=nexyss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.