(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 10 years ago

I've owned 4 G&R's thru out the past 12 years. Upgrading since the first purchase. I had the one with factory headphone speaker jack (volume up/down) on the front lower right corner. Actually, when I first saw the game for sale... I couldn't believe someone cut into the cabinet and installed it. Only to learn later, it was fairly rare with approx 100 made. I sold it for a nicer one.

My current G&R has all black rails. I actually owned 2 at the same time, and swapped the black rails into my keeper game. I prefer the look much better all black. I had a small issue the ball occasionally not making it all the way up shooter ramp. That was solved by reducing the coil wrap wire.

I added an internal amp, upgraded both back box & base speakers. This game ROCKS! I've added a few Pinbits items too. I do really like the wooden gun handle... maybe a little Christmas gift for myself.

1 year later
#313 9 years ago

My GNR have all black wire rails... which I like better than chrome look.

I do occasionally get balls stacked in shooter lane during MB. I've shortened the wire length on coil to make it stronger, this helped and pitch of game/playfield is spot on.

Anyone know of a stronger coil option?

#315 9 years ago

Thanks dsuperbee... I checked Pinball Life this morning. They only had the strong flipper coil. I'll look into PR.

Kerry

#317 9 years ago

I went on Pinball Resource's website. To me... that site is very difficult to navigate in/on. I wouldn't know where to start looking for an "upgraded" Data East shooter coil for my GNR's.

I think I'll try to call Steve on Tuesday. Last time I spoke to him personally, was 12-15 years ago. As I recall back then, he didn't like to discuss parts without a part #.

#320 9 years ago

Good info... I'll look into all these suggestions.

Thanks Kerry

4 weeks later
#334 9 years ago

Never seen that come up on my game... very interesting.

2 months later
#363 8 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I just put in the pinsound board and Julien's sound mix and let me tell you, it takes this game to another level....awesome!

I've owned GNR for about 10 years. We installed amp, big base and upper end mid's in the backbox = Huge Improvement.

I've not heard anything pinsound board & Julien's sound mix... please do tell.

Thanks
Kerry

#365 8 years ago

Ulmpharmd... Thanks for the info. We put an interior amp, new base and 2 hifi mid/tweeters in backbox. It sounds so much better. However, I'll have to look into this.

Thanks Kerry

6 months later
#428 8 years ago

@GAP... I personally don't like the way it blocks the tip of the pistol near flipper buttons.

2 months later
#452 8 years ago

Where do you get a pinsound board and what's the cost?

1 year later
#709 6 years ago

I used to have a GnR's with the volume control, in front, under pistol.

When I first saw it and purchased the game, I actually thought some previous owners installed it as a mod. Only later, to discover they (factory) made approx 100 of them.

I've since sold that game and purchased a nicer sample.

1 month later
#723 6 years ago

Congrats on your first pin purchase. GnR's is an excellent 1st first.

Keep us posted on your progress with issues.

9 months later
#840 6 years ago

Yeah... I too agree $5500-$6000 w/o topper.

Your GnR with the headset volume controls in front is rare. I too had one, but I replaced that GnR with a nicer one (w/o volume controls). I think there were only 100 or so made that way from the factory. Someone in the know, could chime in.

The other thing I really like about yours is... all the black rails. Most GnR's have chrome or a mix of black & chrome. Apparently they had issues with black rails not allowing the ball to be shot into play, all the time. My GnR's has all black, shoots fine and looks good.

Good luck on what ever you decide.

Kerry

#842 6 years ago

Thanks for the info & picts... looks like I'll need to do some fabrication of the grips, to get them installed.

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from Heisman:

I just bought one today for $6k if that helps!

Did yours come with original topper?

10 months later
#1050 5 years ago

I was curious too, so I just looked at mine... it says Multi Ball.

5 months later
#1369 4 years ago

Ah Man... what a bummer indeed. So sorry to see that. Thanks for sharing.

4 months later
#1566 4 years ago

Hello GnR's Fans...

I'd like to replace the black plastic grips, on the shooter pistol. I'm not sure if these would work from Ruger, or maybe Colt?

I like them both, however, I won’t purchase either without knowing they’d fit.

The New Vaquero was introduced by Ruger as a similar gun to the Vaquero/Blackhawk family.
Rosewood https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/newvaquero/

Ivory type: ebay.com link: New Model Vaquero Scroll Checkered Brown For Ruger Frames NICE

Any help / thoughts?
Thank You!
Kerry Richard

#1569 4 years ago

@Blackjacker... Good info. I think I'll trace and send the grips to them, to see what style matches better.

Thank you!
Kerry

4 months later
#1692 4 years ago

Man that's cool that you have all those sigs on your translite.

1 week later
#1710 4 years ago

My GnR legs are original: they're about 1" longer than B/W and the metal fold at the bottom, come to a point. B/W legs are rounded off.

4 months later
#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

What would you list it at? It doesn't seem to compare with anything listed recently.

Hard to say with just those few picts. I feel there's definitely added value with the lower production and uniqueness of the different inserts etc.

I own GNR too, since late 90's. I'd guess low $6000 range.

Kerry

4 months later
#2136 3 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I was thinking of listing my OG GNR. I've had it since 1998. What does this group think is a fair price for an early production (early art mistakes) GNR with PinSound, Pinsound Speakers all around, Color DMD, recently replaced new G ramp, topper, Mirrored Backglass (and Original) with a set of spare G and R ramps (Freeplay) and plastics set. It's been LEDed (where bulbs aren't visible). There's a lot of low ballers out there, so I wanted to ask this forum for advice.

I too own a GnR's. I've had mine since the late 90's. I think the DE GnR's value is somewhat softer now with JJP's competing.

With all yours has to offer... I would think the low to mid $6000 range.

Kerry

4 months later
#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

iam thinking on selling my GnR machine. what's a fair price to ask for?

First question: Does it have the original topper included? Huge difference in value either way.
And fix: Change out your rubbers ASAP.

No topper: maybe high $4000's to low $5000's.
Original topper included: add $500-$750

I own one as well. It's in exceptional condition. I have JJP's GnR's LE coming in 1-2 months(?). I'm not sure I want to sell my DE GNRs. It sits proudly next to Tommy

3 months later
#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone happen to have an extra set of gun handles shooter sitting around not needed anymore? Any condition fine except cracked....

As an option:
I was looking to swap mine for maybe one of these. I haven't confirmed they'll fit, however I believe I saw and read here on Pinside where a guy did use the wood one. I also think he had to do some trimming on it.

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/newvaquero/

ebay.com link: New Model Vaquero Scroll Checkered Brown For Ruger Frames NICE

Gun Handel for GNR's (resized).pngGun Handel for GNR's (resized).png
4 months later
#2399 2 years ago

The blue in it is a lot more vibrant.

That could be a plus or minus for some purist's. For me... a plus

5 months later
#2419 1 year ago

If you go back to post #2285 you'll see a couple links and picts of what I think are great looking handles.

I was looking to swap mine for maybe one of these. I haven't confirmed they'll fit, however I believe I saw and read here on Pinside where a guy did use the wood one. I also think he had to do some trimming on it.

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/newvaquero/

ebay.com link: New Model Vaquero Scroll Checkered Brown For Ruger Frames NICE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=kerry_richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.