(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highwaystarr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#830 6 years ago

here you go!

FA8C72A1-BFE8-4118-B4DD-CF8594A45D45 (resized).jpegFA8C72A1-BFE8-4118-B4DD-CF8594A45D45 (resized).jpeg

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

so, you went Pinsound too, right?

LOL ... yeah a couple years ago and honestly i like it but its a pain in the a$$ ... if it weren't for julien42 's preloaded files I would hate it..... last night i download his newest one ("BERSERIK") but still haven't been able to get it to work and have had zero luck trying to customize any ones of my own ... Guess I just dont have the "patience" ... (pun intended ) lol

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

LOL ... yeah a couple years ago and honestly i like it but its a pain in the a$$ ... if it weren't for Julien42 's preloaded files I would hate it..... last night i download his newest one ("BERSERIK") but still haven't been able to get it to work l

So just an update ... I had not been to pin sound.org in over a year and did not realize there was a new firmware update ...after uploading that into my card everything works fine.

6 months later
#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The coil on my ball plunger has gotten progressively weaker to the point where recently balls will back up in the shooter lane during multi ball.
Anybody know a source for a rebuild kit for this?
Or suggestions on what to do (clean and replace the sleeve?).
Ive never taken it apart and looked at it and just wanted to hear people suggestions before I delve into it.

It's a design flaw and why Data East had 3 revisions - see this service bulletin - http://www.myhomegameroom.com/pinball/gunsnroses/images/servicebulletins/sb63.pdf
Someone mentioned in another thread (or maybe this one) a long time ago that they should have put a switch in to clear the lane before it launches another ball - which would have been brilliant. I have version one and don't have very many issues anymore. Just make sure your game is level and adjust the drop wire form ramp with flat washers underneath both screws until you get it right. it takes trial and error - When i moved a couple years ago I had to start all over. Frustrating but you can get there with some patience. The balls getting stuck is also the reason the previous owner put it up for sale.

the revision 2 and 3 ramps are hard to find but come up for sale from time to time and are very expensive from what i have seen - last one I saw on eBay was like $600 !!!

1 week later
#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

Thanks for the info above...
Ok 2 steps forward and 1 step sideways....
Is any spray contact cleaner safe for plastics and under playfield wood? De-oxit or other electrical parts cleaner

Absolutley NOT - do not spray anything under the playfield.

As far as the the drain not registering - there is a large switch for that - i changed mine few years ago Ill try to remember to check when i get home tonight to see what the part number was

5 months later
#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The "Welcome to the Jungle" backboard plastic.

How are you guys planning to light it? i have one but haven't attached yet because im trying to figure out best way since its mounting directly up against a board

Thanks

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I never put light behind mine, it's almost impossible to see a light behind it, but the PF GI/spotlights hit it.

Anyone got a pic of what this look like installed? I can't see it in the post above either... Somewhere a while back i saw a similar one that said "Appetite for Pinball" but can't seem to find that again

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Hard to see right now with some added light ...
[quoted image]

thanks - its more visible than i thought it would be. much appreciated

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

How are you guys planning to light it? i have one but haven't attached yet because im trying to figure out best way since its mounting directly up against a board
Thanks

My mistake , upon “hands on” further review there is enough room to put light behind it ..... I think tomorrow I’ll try a LED strip behind it and see how that goes .

1 week later
#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

anybody done any powder coating other then the red or green? My metals are all off and at the powder coaters, just need to decide color.

Red and black hammer tone - legs too - pic doesn’t really do it justice but I like -

FB5BE7FE-BEC6-4F0A-8468-98A5A6093D3C (resized).jpegFB5BE7FE-BEC6-4F0A-8468-98A5A6093D3C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:Looking for a reworked magnet board, looks like Great lakes Modular is a dead end now, per other pinside theads and unanswered emails....
What are my other options or suggestions as I keep blowing magnet fuses

If you truly need a new board Terry has them @ www.pinballlife.com

1 month later
#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On the list. Whew! Only a couple left now.

Well ... I guess add me to list if you still have a set - what the hell ... Thanks!

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

New GnR ramps. So pretty much all I have is spoken for. I will continue to take names for those interested in case anyone backs out. I still have the yellow dye available and can make a few more if necessary. Want to get everyone covered this round.

Thank you

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

They have added quite a few over the past week that were unobtainable before. Tommy, GnR, etc ... nice!

I installed their GNR set last month - looks great but man does that butyrate plastic stink!!!

2 weeks later
#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Who's excited about the mirrored backglass?
I sure as hell am!
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/gnr/

That's pretty cool BUT I mean where does it stop? LOL, I need that like I need a hole in my head but trust me i'm not pissing on it , I "get it" =)

1 week later
#1284 4 years ago

Hope I'm not breaking some sort of forum etiquette rule here but just wanted to share a few pics of my "Keith Richards inspired" backline mod on my GNR. I also posted it at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-mods but that thread seems to be dying slowly while this one is still somewhat thriving. My apologies if anyone is offended

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.37.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.37.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.39.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.39.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.39.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.39.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.39.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.39.46 AM (resized).png
#1285 4 years ago

Would like to publicly thank Freeplay40 for the cool new ramps. They look great and I'm gonna begin installing them today. Thanks Mark!

#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Nice mod
The only rule you broke is nobody including Slash drinks Budweiser ‍♂️

LMAO Neither do I but i wanted to get something instantly recognizable from a distance as those cans aren't very big. I know I got the Jack and the Marlboros right. Looks like he does like Bud as wardrobe at least. The Camels on top the stack must belong to AXL or Dizz ....errrr i mean Gilby
Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.38.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.38.36 AM (resized).png

#1296 4 years ago

More JJP GNR speculation From May 28 2019 -

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't understand why people complain about the sound on GNR lots of people notice when they come over to m house that my GNR sounds better than most of my other music pins.

me neither, the games 25 years old so it is what it is..... and besides there are other options now. I was initially unhappy with Pinsound a few years ago but now I think its F'N great and can't imagine the game without it now. Something very satisfying about being able customize it to your own liking.

2 weeks later
#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

GnR sling rubber questions:
Manual calls for 2 3/4 on the slings, 2 1/2 fit, others have used 2 1/4. What size do you use?
Looking to replace all GnR rubbers (currently white). What have you used other than white or black?

I use 2 1/2 “perfect play” red colored rings from pinball life - seem to work ok. I used to use white but they show too much dirt and black looks too blah imo

3 weeks later
#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

One other thing that happened was when I held down the left flipper, all the sound would go off. Does that make sense? Thank you.

I'm no engineer nor do I play one on TV but that flipper board should have absolutely nothing to do with your sound IMO

1 week later
#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This one runs non stop. There’s an MFG that makes the stock product, but not sure where the GNR screen print got done

I used to see those for sale at Chicago PINEXPO everyear. I was interested but leery because of price and the idea of a steel ball hurling towards it , but looks like yours has done just fine

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s just a small board that takes micro sd cards. Still looks cool. I dumped the Slash doll as it just seemed corny

LOL... that’s why I added booze, amps, more guitars and cigarettes to mine. Oh and it’s not a “doll” , it’s an Action Figure!

1 month later
#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

FYI: The GNR mirrored back glass are now available from CPR. Ordered one this am...

nice!

I'm sure photo wont even compare to real life but if you get an opportunity and are able to please post a before and after pic

#1410 4 years ago
1 week later
#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think mine are Pinblades. Mostly occurs on the right side..

My pinblades were damaged on the left side , obviously our machines are probably off a bit ….I tried to use pieces of poster board (Thin kind you buy at Walmart in school supplies ) but they get bound up not much room but it works good enough if you stay on top of it however, I recently bought a new set and replaced the left side but then I also got into a flipper issue got careless and manage to mar the new one … oh well, I guarantee I'm the only who notices it.

I've never seen mirrored blades for GNR ….

1 month later
#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've noticed on GNR that the sides are so tight that I haven't considered mirror blades... Was it a tight fit?
I'm considering a color DMD for this game but was wondering if anyone has any gameplay examples of what it looks like in action.

As I mentioned previously I’m on my second set of pinblades and it doesn’t take much to damage them by lifting and lowering the playfield - wondered the same thing about mirrored myself

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm considering a color DMD for this game but was wondering if anyone has any gameplay examples of what it looks like in action.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After installing a Pinsound board in my game, I downloaded one of the custom mixes off Pinsound's site and put the entire .zip file on a usb drive. I then stuck the drive in the Pinsound board and turned the game on. I soon heard a message that said "converting audio". After about 20 minutes or so, a second message said "10% complete". Is it supposed to take this long, and will it take this long every time I reboot the game? I can't deny that I'm kind of digging the music it's playing while converting the file, but this seems like an excessive wait. Since this is my first experience with a Pinsound board, I want to make sure I didn't do something wrong.
Thanks!

yes unfortunately the first time you convert the files it takes quite a while - i think mine was initially 2-3 hours but after the first time its not an issue anymore, - I believe there is a quicker way by doing the conversion directly from your computer but i don't remember exactly or if I am imagining it. Keep in mind I was extremely frustrated with pinsound when i first got mine to the point i was gonna give up and sell it but I eventually got a much better understanding of how to add and change custom sound files and think its pretty awesome!

1 month later
#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

According to that first site you linked: "The grips for the New Vaquero are not interchangeable with the Blackhawk/Vaquero or Super Blackhawk." and "While very similar, the grip frame is slightly smaller and shaped more like the original Single Action."
The GNR frame apparently most closely matches the Blackhawk frame, and GNR owners that have used Blackhawk grips mention needing to trim them slightly, so if the New Vaquero is indeed slightly smaller then it seems you'd be looking at trimming the New Vaquero grips down even more. Maybe send them a scan/trace of the original grips to get their thoughts. I ended up having to send my originals to the guy that made my replacement grips.

yep - what he said, I used Ruger Blackhawk grips and had to slightly modifiy them

2 months later
#1653 4 years ago

I used to always use white rubber but they get dirty too fast - switched to RED silicone a couple years ago - no real complaints here. I do still use rubber on the bumper post because the silcone ones really seems to send that ball flying !

4 weeks later
#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Not sure whether I go black and then paint the cabinet under the logo in red or leave the cabinet black and do the rails in red.
quoted image][quoted image]

I think you're on the right track - I think a black rail with red paint under would be more subtle - I think the red rail on black cabinet might be "too much" and the emblem will get lost in all of the red but I could be dead wrong. Great looking rails BTW , keep us posted !

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

save your money, they look like crap!

LOL , to each their own. I'm satisfied with my "laserriffic" but could really probably go either way if it weren't so damn expensive!

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that's just it, $400 for a piece of brittle plastic. you can order repos from pinball center I believe.

Yeah, I was involved in a group buy with them recently - I'm thinking all of the reproductions were damaged in shipping they were so fragile. It's unfortunate

1 month later
#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from pa_cramer:

Looking good.
Where did you get the duff decals from?

You didn’t ask me but since there is no response yet I figure I’ll answer - a guy sells them on eBay - just search for “Guns N’ Roses pinball” and you will find them along with album cover stickers to replace the piano key drop targets . The DUFF targets are padded. I have a set but you really can’t see them. Honestly I’m prob the only person who’s ever noticed them in my machine

4 months later
#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks for letting me know, looked like the other from the pics I saw (didn’t see a closeup).
My apologies to the club for the non-applicable post.

Not a problem for me ..: can prob use it on my Simpsons

1 month later
#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any idea what size mental posts I need to order here? Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

yours is set up a bit different than mine (see pic of yellow bumper posts at G ramp) ... I don't remember the part number but i had to replace one of mine a few years ago and ordered the replacement from pinball life... you might email terry and ask him for assistance, I'm sure he can help you out.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.34.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.34.45 PM (resized).png

2 weeks later
#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is there a mix with just the original soundtrack for the game? I just bought a pinsound and would want that option

YES . GNR does and I believe every game that is Pinsound compatible has a “stock” file available. I was disappointed in the GNR one though because it sounds just like it did in 1994. I think it would be cool to have a quality modern digital version because my current mix has a lot of profanity LOL and when younger kids / easily offended adults are around I usually throw in the stock file.

1 year later
#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

All,
Anyone know anybody who has these two ramps "G" and "R" in stock?
Thanks
Bob

Send me an email Bob …. I swapped my OEM “R” out a few years ago and still have it - It’s not perfect but it works - I’m sure we can work something out

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highwaystarr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=highwaystarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.