(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregh43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the info and
Extras on G N R. Bought one about
a year ago and had it shipped. out of
all the pins in my collection this is a keeper
would be hard to part with. Game ROCKS
With the Pinball Pro Speakers and Pro Sub
installed.. would like to get some Mods and
LED it too. like those alternate translites. very nice!
also wish game would have had some
added music tracks from "Use Your ILLusions
1 and 2. also on ebay a few weeks ago saw a G N R pinball
for bid owned by Slash's Brother..

#101 10 years ago

Right on! Lamdarras. I seen the topless
versions for sale awhile back. That Awesome
Misfitdart . was the machine in really great condition?
never know maybe Slash played a few games
on it.. i know this isnt G N R related but
sure hope Stern would put out a Rockin KISS
pinball.. the band deserves a kickass machine
compared to bally. I own one. boring gameplay
but nice artwork for its time..

1 year later
#384 8 years ago

I have one. might be interested in selling mine down the road.. in really nice shape

4 months later
#456 8 years ago

sounds awesome. I replaced my speakers and have a sub that I purchased from PinballPro.com . would getting the sound card improve it even more? thanks

1 month later
#478 8 years ago

How much is the DMD and where can you order them? can this DMD be used on other pinballs? Thanks

#481 8 years ago

Thanks Drew for the web link. I didn't see the DMD for G n R on there. Is it the DMD easy to install and setup?

#486 8 years ago

Thanks Allsportdvd for your info. hope G N R dmd is available. cant wait to order one.

2 months later
#546 7 years ago

Has anyone seen the hidden easter egg on GNR? i haven yet. heres what you do.

When a match is achieved, wait until the animation has finished completely
Thanks

1 year later
#848 6 years ago

Thinking about selling my G N R. Have too many pins and no room. plus G N R is a heavy beast to move. had it all gone over and has brand new G ramp and pinball Pro Speakers. only thing that needs is . I was gonna replace all the bulbs. what price range could sell mine? hasnt been played in 15 yrs. Also has brand new translite. has all new rubbers and a wipe down. what do most of you use to polish your playfield? Heres a few pics. Thanks

IMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpg

IMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpg

IMG_20131009_150309_581 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150309_581 (resized).jpg

IMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#912 5 years ago

really that would be cool from JJp. Now is this going to drive down the value of data easts G N R. Hope not. would like to know what the going price on a G N R ?thanks

#914 5 years ago

Thanks Gweempose for your Insight on this. Good to know. I want my G N R to hold its value since it is a low production game. I love it soo much I couldnt part with it. I own a Bally Kiss. was worried when Stern released Kiss pinball how it would effect the value. paid alot for Bally kiss. But the Stern Kiss is alot more fun.

#940 5 years ago

Thanks MinneapolisPin for sharing that Piece. thats Awesome! can't wait to see a New G N R Pinball.

3 months later
#979 5 years ago

Tony check this site out if your looking for
new plastics. complete set. They do excellent work. I bought a few backglasses from there.

https://classicplayfields.com/product-category/pinball-plastics/page/3/

2 months later
#1132 5 years ago

Anyone know whats the best scanner to use to scan playfields? I would like to scan my GnR playfield to be used for a virtual pinball project. Thanks also if anyone has a nice scan and would like to sell me your scans please let me know Thanks Appreciate your help

1 month later
#1210 4 years ago

LordLoss you could share some scans of your playfield for the Virtual Pinball Community.

#1213 4 years ago

LordLoss
The Higher the Res the Better. Not
Sure how the process is done. but would appreciate your help. Thanks

#1230 4 years ago

Thanks LordLoss appreciate it!

#1236 4 years ago

Found this site for New Decals. Looks
really nice. I might order a set as a back up. Not a bad price either

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/guns-n-roses-pinball-cabinet-decals/

1 week later
#1245 4 years ago

Thanks LordLoss for the scans
Appreciate you taking the time doing this. thanks soo much.

2 weeks later
#1295 4 years ago

If JJP does release a G N R pinball game. I hope they take their time and not a rush job and let Slash be the pilot on the project. If it's well done as DE. I would buy one. As advanced pinball has become with the video screens etc.. doesn't mean it will be better. As old as DE G n R is. It still looks bad ass and stands out above the rest in arcades. GUNS Is my all time favorite band . Hope Jack has the Best Team on this project along with Slash. I Was not impressed with JJP Pirates/Caribbean. I also own a bally Kiss pinball. I think Stern did a nice job with Kiss remake but wouldn't take much. KISS N AC/DC our on my list of pins to buy. But G N R will be 1st. If it's done very well.

#1303 4 years ago

I have the Pinball Pro Speakers kit installed on mine.. sound is clear and loud and rocks

2 weeks later
#1330 4 years ago

Anyone know which wax to use on a GnR playfield? Or do you not use any wax on it? I have alot of older pinballs so just use the Mills Wax on them. Thanks

#1335 4 years ago

Thanks all for the help! Greatly appreciated

1 month later
#1397 4 years ago

Cool thanks for posting the pics. Slash is awesome.. wish you could have asked him how the JJ GnR machine is coming

1 month later
#1463 4 years ago

Anyone know any latest news on the JJP Guns N Roses pinball coming out? I hope its the same caliber as DE GnR .

#1465 4 years ago

Thanks Dallas_Pin. I love my GnR machine. I hope JJp doesnt do a rush job and it's a well thought out machine before I plop that kind of cash down..

#1467 4 years ago

Does anyone know on the machine in the snake pit area is there suppose to be a green light on there or does it come on when you enter it.. thanks

2 weeks later
#1485 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing the info. I wanna order one before they are gone

2 weeks later
#1538 4 years ago

Was wondering if anyone has any scans of any playfield parts. Iam in search of scans of parts for a virtual pinball project. I own the machine but have it in storage for the winter and also dont know how to scan parts. Iam looking for the G and R ramp and Spotlights. Anyone interested in sharing . Just let me know what you like for them . Thanks appreciate it

#1541 4 years ago

These GNR mirrored backglass versions look awesome! However for any pinball purists who may not be aware, these do not retain the factory stock look 100%. For example the gold lettering outline is replaced with a mirror finish, the mirror acts as a light block. A friend of mine noticed it. Was gonna order one but not sure now if I will. Just wanted to let you all know what he noticed. Maybe it's no big deal..

1 month later
#1594 4 years ago

Was wondering if any GnR owner members have any Scans of Plastics or playfield parts such as Ramps etc.. for a GnR virtual pinball project. Iam a owner of GnR also but dont have the know how to get scans . Iam looking to have a high quality GnR virtual pinball table to play and to preserve my GnR machine to new from being played little. Anyone does let me know what you want for them. Thanks appreciate your help

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Man, play the real deal, that's what it's built for! Put in a PinSound, upgrade the audio and rock that shit!
But if you do need a virtual version, aren't there are a couple already available?

Thanks Blackjacker . There is a few versions out but needs some added work. Beings that Gnr is a low production machine. Theres not alot of resources from the original game out there for virtual pinball table builders to use. So alot of it is images. Hoping to get actual scans of the playfield parts. I do rock a few games on my original time to time but wanna keep it the beauty it is..

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't understand this mindset. It's not a museum piece. It's designed to be played. Mine is fully restored and I play the crap out of it!

Well GnR machines are No longer produced so any replacement parts will most likely have to be repro's and I prefer to keep mine as stock/original as possible. Plus the value of GnR pinball keeps increasing. To me its like a rare sports car you take out for a drive every now and then..

1 month later
#1635 4 years ago

On my GnR playfield I have these plastic blue pieces with lightning bolts on the left and right side of the apron. I haven't seen it on other GnR playfields. Was wondering if anyone else has these or if it's a add on.

20190704_193355 (resized).jpg20190704_193355 (resized).jpg
#1637 4 years ago

Thanks for the info. Is it a plastic with a decal on or built in? I have my machine in storage and took pics of the playfield. I had a question on rubber for the slingshots ext. I know that they are black. But replaced mine with white. One pinball guy recommended white. Said the black will dirty up your playfield more?

#1642 4 years ago

Thanks all for your input answering my question. I was also wondering about the black rubbers. I replaced mine with all white . Someone recommended not to have black ones on as that would cause more dust from the rubbers as they wear down and would make the playfield more dirtier. Just would like to know if I should get the black ones back on? Thanks

#1649 4 years ago

Thanks again for all your advice appreciate it. When cleaning the playfield what do you recommend. Novus? I haven't used any cleaner on it yet. Just been wiping it down with a soft cloth. The pinballs in my collection are 70's and 80's . I use Millwax on those but didnt wanna chance it on GnR. Thanks

#1651 4 years ago

Thanks Wolfemaan for your Expertise..
Appreciate the help.

2 months later
#1746 4 years ago

If u had axl sign it.. I would give u $500 for it .
Did Slash sign it? My bad saw the pic with Slash

#1753 4 years ago

Dr. Mark that's cool you have Axl signature too.. just curious in the pic with Slash signing. It appears he has a red or orange marker. But his autograph is in black on the translite. Just wondering.

#1756 4 years ago

Wow that's Awesome! Can you post pics of your other GnR translite Slash signed in Red please

3 weeks later
#1808 3 years ago

I love my GNR Pinball. I never tire of it. Its a classic. I preserve mine by playing GnR on virtual pinball.. I still play the real one now and then. Pinhead76 you could try playing the virtual pinball version of GnR on your computer . Then you could get a idea how awesome it is.. I have a pinball cabinet I play virtual pinball on.. Gnr rocks on the virtual too. I thought Jersey Jack was putting out a GnR . I havent seen anything on it. Or has it gotten scrapped? So GNR cancelled their tour? I have tickets for the show in August. It hasn't been canceled in my area

#1815 3 years ago

Dallas_pin thanks for the info.. have you seen any pics of the JJP GnR?? If the machine is awesome as DE GnR. I will buy one. Yep I also got a email that the concert was postponed and to save the tickets.

#1830 3 years ago

Would like to know if any GnR owners have any scans of their playfield or playfield parts. Willing to pay for any good scans you have. I dont own a scanner or know the process to scan. Wanting the scans for a virtual pinball project . Thanks

#1832 3 years ago

I plan on getting the JJP GnR . All depends
How awesome it will be. I have yet to see a teaser pic from JJ. I own a bally kiss and really wasn't impressed with the stern version. The gene head was poorly designed only good thing was it had a song list of music. And a DmD. Has anyone seen any pics of the JJ GnR? Hopefully JJ GnR will be great with Slash piloting production.

1 month later
#1877 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can purchase a R Ramp from? Mine has a crack in it. I looked on Marcos specialties but all they have is the G ramp. Anyone making repro? Thanks

#1884 3 years ago

Thanks Jrotten and Blackjacker for your help.
Looks Great!

2 months later
#1940 3 years ago

anyone into Virtual Pinball? looking for members that have any 3d scans of the GnR playfield parts. for virtual project. will pay for any good scans you have. yes i own a GnR but don't have the equipment to do it.. thanks

1 month later
#2067 3 years ago

this would be great to own.. signed by Slash
read the description. mint machine

ebay.com link: Holy Grail Guns N Roses Pinball Machine

#2071 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for pointing everything wrong with the machine. I wasn't able to get a good view of the pics on my phone. the ad was pulled off ebay. maybe the seller was called out on his bs. even Slash himself was probally disappointed

6 months later
#2194 2 years ago

iam thinking on selling my GnR machine. what's a fair price to ask for? I would say it's in really nice condition. very little play . playfield really nice shape. about a 8.5 to 9.

20190704_192717 (resized).jpg20190704_192717 (resized).jpg20190704_192733 (resized).jpg20190704_192733 (resized).jpg20190704_193035 (resized).jpg20190704_193035 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_145447_740 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150000_471 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpgIMG_20131009_150214_736 (resized).jpg

0229021602 (resized).jpg0229021602 (resized).jpg20190704_192928 (resized).jpg20190704_192928 (resized).jpg20190704_192946 (resized).jpg20190704_192946 (resized).jpg
#2196 2 years ago

Thanks Jrotten. yeah no cracks on the ramps. had a cracked G ramp but replaced it with a new one from Marcos. the color is off from original factory stock. I also have the pinball pro speakers installed too.

20190704_192122 (resized).jpg20190704_192122 (resized).jpg20190704_192642 (resized).jpg20190704_192642 (resized).jpg
#2198 2 years ago

Thanks Kerry . iam envious your getting the JJP LE Version. Great Choice. I dont have a topper for it. never had one when I purchased it. I have owned the machine for 12+ years. it does have a new rubber kit on it. I went with the white instead of the black. a friend suggested using white rubbers . he thought with the black it would create more dust and make the playfield really dirty fast and would be harder to clean it off the playfield . I can switch them out. which company has a GnR rubber kit? thanks

#2202 2 years ago

Thanks Pinballjah . can you tell me the website to order those translucent rubbers or a kit from please?

9 months later
#2402 2 years ago

have you tried Pinball Life? shows they have both ramps in stock.

2 months later
#2416 1 year ago

Hi was wondering if anyone has a Nos Playfield? would like to know the measurements of the playfield plywood
dimensions Length and width please. for a virtual pinball project. thanks appreciate it

1 year later
#2480 9 months ago

My GnR isn't modded. only add on was the Pinball Pro speakers. I like keeping the machine orginal. I don't care for LED lighting or color dmd. I would sell mine for $5800.

#2482 9 months ago

many years ago I purchased a new G ramp from Marcos specialties. I noticed the ramp isn't the same color as the original stock factory. looking at their site now it seems to be right color. anyone else have that issue.

20190704_192642 (resized).jpg20190704_192642 (resized).jpg20190704_192850 (resized).jpg20190704_192850 (resized).jpg
#2488 9 months ago

Thanks Jrotten for posting the pics. Those Ramps look Great!. Awesome Job Freeplay40!

6 months later
#2503 81 days ago

Mod the speakers and Pinsound and leave the machine orginal as is. the color dmd is also Tacky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregh43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=gregh43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.