(Topic ID: 57299)

DE GUNS N' ROSES CLUB - GNR - Members Only!

By MrBellMan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,526 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by mozach
  • Topic is favorited by 88 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GNTWEar (resized).jpg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8675 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
0208241539a (resized).jpg
0208241539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpeg
so_clean_you_could_eat_off_of_it (resized).JPG
IMG_0605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dallas_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#987 5 years ago

Fellow GnR owners, I need a quick photo from you on the R ramp. My micro switch at the R ramp entry has a broken wire. I 'think' I know where the green wire goes, but I would like confirmation. Can someone please post a pic of the wiring of the micro switch on your R ramp entry. Thanks fellow GnR owners!

GNR_R_Ramp Switch (resized).jpgGNR_R_Ramp Switch (resized).jpg
#989 5 years ago

Thanks @blackjacker! Appreciate the help!

#994 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

installed led color dmd and I believe just had to cut off 2 screws, no big deal. You will love the color.

I did the same thing. 2 posts went away and the DMD rocked! Power was from the game!

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I've been looking for a rose grill for a couple years now.

I’ve seen one recently for sale; Check Marco (I think that’s where I found it) or Pinball Life.

#1003 5 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue where the Snakepit jackpot wouldn’t advance? It should go through a 1x 2x 3x sequence where the game selects which multiplier (as well as other snakepit jackpots) My game used to advance, but now it seems to have lost the advancing logic. The switch in the Rose Handle shooter lane registers; so I’m lost to what switch would trigger the jackpot. TIA!

#1007 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you check the switch that is mounted in the cup?

Yes sir ... 100 operational. I figured a switch was not registering, but up/down the ramp they are perfect.

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Did you test the switch in the bowl (on the green ramp) with a ball or a finger?

Finger of course (insert my stupidity of not rolling a ball through it).. will run a ball through today. Thanks for reminder

#1015 5 years ago

Bowl switch issue fixed. Loose switch ; When the ball hit it hard enough, the entire switch would push back. A light push did not move it. Adjusted and back to GnR

2 weeks later
#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Would anyone by any chance have the Pinbits GnR back panel mirror piece uninstalled? I need a picture of it with a tape measure beside it. It would save me pulling it out of my machine and breaking something in the process due to my incompetence

Do you need the long strip or just the small piece?

#1020 5 years ago

I thought I had my old one in the 'stash', but of course I can't locate it at the minute. I'll check a different area a bit later today.

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from HomieDaChief:

St Louis Riot" mod if I can find one.

If you find one, let me know! I’d love one too!
Color DMD, PinSound and Speaker upgrade: highly recommended!

And you got a hell of a deal on your machine!

#1035 5 years ago

This machine is bolted down in my home as well. We love it!

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, does anybody know where I can get the GNR Rules for the 3.0 CPU ROM? I see a 2.0 floating out there, but cant seem to locate the 3.0

I bought my machine, all original, with the original ROMs. I updated to 3.0 and scoured the world looking for release notes. Never found them. Maybe we should reach out to Lyman? Lol.

1 week later
#1046 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

love these early production playfields with "Multi-Ball" instead of the GNR logo on the yellow insert leading to the VUK.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with GnR in that location. You have a photo?

#1049 5 years ago

Very cool. Learn something new every day!

#1056 5 years ago

CPR is doing preorders for new PFs . Just saying

1 week later
#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

If you get a perfect score in Gilby Rolls mode (93mil)

How do you get a perfect score with Gilby? I've made it through without hitting anyone/any car and get 45mil tops.

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from Foraree34:

You gotta hit all the people

I found it after I asked ... good to know!

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

know getting a perfect score on Gilby is 93 but does anyone have a video of how?

I found it on YouTube yesterday ... I tried many times. It’s hard!

#1089 5 years ago

Looking forward to your 3.0 write up. Never seen Little Fighter

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

but also wondering if it’s a reference to Axls stage fighting persona

Crue and GnR had a long standing dispute/fight. I wonder if it’s in reference to their feud. Hit Axl enough times and you’re a little fighter?!

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Stern has secured the rights to Motley Crue,

Is that documented anywhere or just a rumor?

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Since they are a private company, everything is a rumor until they chose to formally announce

Correct, but I didn't know if a pinball company had acquired the name; domain; copyright of Motley Crue Pinball as we've seen in the past in some business filings. Music is my world, so yes, lots of music Pins around the house; along with amps, guitars, etc, etc, etc.

#1105 5 years ago

I see an Ozzy toy with Velcro black shoes spinning in circles looking for Bill Ward. I kid, I kid!!

1 week later
#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

How are you guys planning to light it?

I never put light behind mine, it's almost impossible to see a light behind it, but the PF GI/spotlights hit it.

#1117 5 years ago

Hard to see right now with some added light ...

A88409ED-5574-4EE5-AC1D-BBECAAAF5D01 (resized).jpegA88409ED-5574-4EE5-AC1D-BBECAAAF5D01 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1180 4 years ago

I’m thinking the same thing; just in case!

#1188 4 years ago

I’ll take a spare set ... never know!!

#1194 4 years ago

All silkscreened; no stencils on the market for a restore so you can get side art or make your own stencil.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Bought a GNR playfield

You don't see those very often; what did you get it for? I was going to strip mine down for CPR, but wife didn't want to be separated from the machine for a few months.

#1208 4 years ago

They have added quite a few over the past week that were unobtainable before. Tommy, GnR, etc ... nice!

#1225 4 years ago

I have not tried, but it’s not a hard design to make a stencil for; not sure why it’s not made. Maybe a licensing agreement.

1 week later
#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Can't wait for the new GnR. Hopefully we get Frank Ferrer, Melissa Reese, and Richard Fortus all represented in the backglass art.

That would be amazing to give props to their current touring lineup, but prob won't happen due to GnR licensing.

Quoted from Grandnational007:

I think they may have played a single song released after '94. (For the record, the concert was awesome, show was three hours long and they played probably 40 songs, one after the other, after the other, after the other!)

They usually play 3 songs from Chinese in their Not in This Lifetime Tour (Chinese Democracy, Better, and Madagascar)

1 week later
#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What is the expectation on demand for the original GnR if JJP comes out with their own version?

In my house, we will have both! You may see some people unload theirs to get the new version, but there is something nostalgic about the old pins (Tommy and Gnr) in our house. Great DE titles

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

may be a dual member if that happens.

I’ll be one as well!! Sign me up for a CE!

2 weeks later
#1327 4 years ago

GnR sling rubber questions:
Manual calls for 2 3/4 on the slings, 2 1/2 fit, others have used 2 1/4. What size do you use?

Looking to replace all GnR rubbers (currently white). What have you used other than white or black?

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

I use 2 1/2 “perfect play” red colored rings from pinball life

Thank you!

2 months later
#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

FYI: The GNR mirrored back glass are now available from CPR. Ordered one this am...

Not anymore .... shit!

1 week later
#1439 4 years ago

Who else wants one? That is going to look cool!

I’m in! Glad it was a mistake

#1448 4 years ago

This is what I use every time I lift a playfield ... invaluable! https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

But where do you store the tool? Seriously the protectors are long so I don't know where to put them without bending them.

I use a large closet where I store many things pinball related, these are part of it. Store them on the top shelf. Else, maybe a shelf in the garage?

#1462 4 years ago

I would love to see a black mirror for GnR. Not many games could pull it off, but GnR would look amazing!

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

latest news on the JJP Guns N Roses pinball coming out?

JJP will not be releasing a new title this fall (prob due to Wonka); expect GnR first part of next year. Save your pennies.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So I'm good to go with GnR?I would upgrade the speakers in GnR. The DataEast ones are trash. Check with @pinwoofer on some good speakers!

1 week later
#1486 4 years ago

Orders

Quoted from MJW:

Ordered mine as well

Got mine!!

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody actually receive theirs yet?

Should get mine today

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Installed.

Thought mine was coming this week; it will be next Monday Custom topper, I noticed the lights in it?? Tell me more

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Laseriffic made them.

Thank you ... for costing me more $$!

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mezel mods has it for sale $175. They took over laseriffic operations.

I think Cointaker actually took them over, Mezel is just a reseller. That's actually cheap these days for a topper.

1 week later
#1512 4 years ago

CPR Backglass ...

BF3CD6AA-E9F5-450B-8BEC-526173C7040E (resized).jpegBF3CD6AA-E9F5-450B-8BEC-526173C7040E (resized).jpeg
#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just installed mirror blades in mine yesterday.

Where did you get them? And ... you have a ColorDMD in Baywatch, but not GnR?? Priorities sir! lol

4 months later
#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

G’nR track Ain’t Going Down no More is in the pin?

Yes it is. It's even advertised on the DMD. I believe it is played when you 'Buyin' the Extra Ball at the end of a game.

1 month later
#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from pa_cramer:

Can anyone give me a confirmed location of the R/H Spotlight

Upper R/H spotlight is on the top of the R ramp, but mounted below.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from pa_cramer:

This the spot?

Yes; feel free to experiment with the angle/bulbs. I have one pointing along the back and one on the pop bumpers.

8C4763BF-2C7B-4995-9880-58761F68D743 (resized).jpeg8C4763BF-2C7B-4995-9880-58761F68D743 (resized).jpeg
#1694 4 years ago

Hang the signed translite in a frame; add the CPR one to the game. They are all great guys and I miss DJ in the band!

3 weeks later
#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

GNR is completed, looking for custom color instruction score card set for the Apron.

Had these made ..

8F2D783F-5902-4667-ACBA-D1EC77C9D531 (resized).jpeg8F2D783F-5902-4667-ACBA-D1EC77C9D531 (resized).jpeg8F9CE660-4501-4C8D-86DB-93C58655C884 (resized).jpeg8F9CE660-4501-4C8D-86DB-93C58655C884 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

. I thought Jersey Jack was putting out a GnR . I havent seen anything on it. Or has it gotten scrapped? So GNR cancelled their tour? I have tickets for the show in August. It hasn't been canceled in my area

JJP GnR will be released later in the year. GnR tour has been postponed (rescheduled, not canceled) in Europe and US. New dates have not been announced.

1 month later
#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Freeplay40 Ramp

Did it come with the flap already installed?

3 weeks later
#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So if anyone is interested in getting in on this run, let me know so I can see how many I need to make

This game is never leaving; I’ll take a round this time. Flaps installed?

#1930 3 years ago

I'm considering listing my early production (Says "MULTI BALL" and "ADD BAND MEMBER" in a wrong font instead of GNR logo near COMA inserts, black and chrome wireforms) GNR for sale.

Depends on when you sell it ... before or after the JJP Gnr drop. However, I'd be interested in seeing some photos. I've been looking for another GnR to add (long story) so when you have some time, drop me a line.

1 month later
#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

then during the game at a random time the music glitches out,the top speakers keep working (in modes) and the the game will just reset (usually during multiball)

Are you running Pinsound? If so, you'll need the extra power cable they sell to help with this power issue. Had the same issue with Tommy and the Pinsound power cable fixed it. Else, have you rebuild the PS?

#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the connections on your white coin door interlock switch inside the coin door frame. It seems like the game thinks the coin door is being opened

Agree - The high voltage interrupt should not come on. This is not a PinSound issue.

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I’m almost positive it came with pinsound,but I’m not positive and not sure how to find out.

Open your back box and take some photos. Pinsound will be a black board with a few LEDs on it.

PinSound-Plus-2019-600 (resized).jpgPinSound-Plus-2019-600 (resized).jpg
#1960 3 years ago

And if you do have it, you need this https://www.pinsound.org/accessories/#powerbooster

#1976 3 years ago

Has actual callouts from the band members (JACKPOT!, RIOT! by Axl, etc.)

Features the only official release of "Ain't Going Down".

Never knew Axl did those call outs ... and Ain't Going Down has since been released. I am adding a JJP CR GnR next to my DE GnR, because ... GnFnR!

#1978 3 years ago

could only imagine his perspective on things back in '94, haha.

Different mindset for him back then ... super shy dude and can be difficult to work with.

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So when you getting your new pin so we can see them side by side?

Probably a month out ... SE’s are next up then CE’s are built

2 weeks later
#2024 3 years ago

Finally found a nice OG topper!

45650257-7E80-4382-8F6F-8DDB309F82F1 (resized).jpeg45650257-7E80-4382-8F6F-8DDB309F82F1 (resized).jpeg
#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Great deal on this one

Holy Hell!!

1 week later
#2069 3 years ago

Here is the Pinside ad. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104288

The thread is entertaining. Based on his SN and condition, I call BS on the entire story. No authentication, it’s just a 6k machine.

1 month later
#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I’m definitely going to give it spin. Can’t wait to get it

I have both Pinsound and a PinWoofer system in my GnR. Amazing sound and tracks. All dialed in and rocking!!

#2109 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Best pinsound remix?

Post 1942 was a winner for me. I’ll likely make my own when I have a few hours to kill.

#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Hey that’s mine

Appreciate the efforts!! It was the best of any I could find and I like it!!

4 months later
#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

I’m curious which type to get LCD or LED.

I went LED so I did not have to cut the standoff to install. Looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 18.95
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dallas_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-gnr-members-only?tu=dallas_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.